PDA

View Full Version : 12 week mass gain on to 12 week cut phase

Toregar
02-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Mass gain is over. Now for the hard part.

Start weight @ 171 b/f 16 % approx, end weight @ 238 23-24 b/f % approx.

Height 6'0"

I would like to try a go at a carb cycle program but I can't seem to find one that fits for me. I'm also scard about not taking enough protein.

I was thinking of something along the lines.

125G carb light day, 175 G carb heavy day, 100 G off day. 1 tsp Glutamine, Multivitamin, 3 tabs fish oil.

Breakfast:
6 egg whites, 2 yolks, 1 cup oatmeal/ w raisins.

Workout 1 hour later.

Post workout 50 - 60 G protein shake + Banana

Midmorning:
Protein Shake 40 - 60 G and a banana/apple.

Noon:
Chicken Breast 1 cup asparagus

Afternoon:
Chicken Breast 1 cup asparagus

Evening:
Chicken Breast 1 Baked Potato no butter/salt/s/c. 1 glass of fat free milk

Before Bed:
Nite-Time Protein.

Would this be advisable ?

phatmike
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, or did I read that wrong? Honestly bro, I would wait before cutting. I would maintain your weight at least for a little while, so your body can get used to the extra weight. Not only that, but a bulking diet straight to a fairly extreme cutting diet is probably too big of a difference in daily calories to jump into.

Bottom line, I would drop your cals to maintenance level, and stay there for a while. Then I would start to drop cals slowly.

Of course you probably don't want to do this because of spring break and whatever coming up...whatever floats your boat dude. I understand the desire to do it. IMO it just isn't the healthiest way.

Oh yeah, you really should up the good dietary fat in your diet. Up the fish oil a bit (I consider a minimum to be around 6), and get some olive oil in there.

gator
02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Yea man something isn't right. You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, from your bf stats thats like 30lbs of fat and 30lbs of muscle. I dont think you can gain 30 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks.

thajeepster
02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Yea man something isn't right. You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, from your bf stats thats like 30lbs of fat and 30lbs of muscle. I dont think you can gain 30 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks.

You can with test...

Meat_Head
02-18-2006, 02:10 AM
I have test. It comes from my balls.

Toregar
02-18-2006, 05:52 AM
I was pressed for time to post because work was about over. Anyways, I had lifted for a couple years before this 12 week mass phase. A lot of what I had gained back was from muscle memory. That and I know what works for my body in that aspect. I've just never attempted anysort of a cutting phase =[.

I didn't use AAS, although after another year of consistent traning I may give it a try. But I digress, just wanted to give ya all a little clarification. Thanks in advance !

Toregar
02-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks a lot Mike, I will do just that. And yeah, you hit it bang on. I wanted to go to the extreme to get cut for spring time and what not. But you are right in assuming that the shock would be too great.

I suppose I need to slowly decrease my cals, and yeah I'll throw in some more fish oil and olive oil. Perhaps some sunflower seeds. Anywhoo thanks a lot bro.