PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Flavoring (for foods, shakes, etc.)

Junin
02-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm looking for some 0 calorie artificial flavorings to put into my shakes and into my oats. I'm a huge sucker for anything banana flavored. Banana-chocolate protein is like manna from heaven. However, I'd like to do it without the actual banana, but keep the flavor. Same goes with banana flavored oats (banana bread flavored Quaker Oats, anyone?)

I tried the imitation banana extract from McCormick. It was tolerable at best. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternatives to real bananas? Oh, and other flavoring suggestions would be great as well (provided that they are zero calorie!)

Thanks in advance.

PoutineEh
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.trueprotein.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1770
i posted something similiar yesterday.

thajeepster
02-18-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.davincigourmet.com/page.php?page=742&s=0&&category=2

Holto
02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
http://www.trueprotein.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1770
i posted something similiar yesterday.

How many packets do you get per unit.

The BSL Strawberry was $4.79 x 1.

-thanks

Shao-LiN
02-18-2006, 07:59 PM
1 packet.

If you want a bigger supply, go with the flavor system instead of the single packs.

Junin
02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I just ordered the BSL Strawberry, BSL Watermelon, and regular flavor pack of Banana.

I'll let you all know how they taste.

Anyone else have any ideas? I recently bought some DaVinci sugar free syrups, and there was something about them that didn't taste right. I normally have a pretty tough stomach, but I couldnt handle it.

Have you actually tried the banana DaVinci, jeepster?

Shao-LiN
02-19-2006, 02:11 PM
BSL Strawberry tastes great. The watermelon was especially good from the sample pack that I tasted. Their chocolate tastes incredible.

eatit
02-19-2006, 02:22 PM
even though this isnt quite what you're looking for:

Cinnamon is amazing with anything. Combine some cinnamon and your favourite artificial sweetener and you're good to go.

thajeepster
02-19-2006, 04:52 PM
I just ordered the BSL Strawberry, BSL Watermelon, and regular flavor pack of Banana.

I'll let you all know how they taste.

Anyone else have any ideas? I recently bought some DaVinci sugar free syrups, and there was something about them that didn't taste right. I normally have a pretty tough stomach, but I couldnt handle it.

Have you actually tried the banana DaVinci, jeepster?

yeah, its definitely got that "artificial" taste. But so does banana flavored protein powder. I'd recommend the cookie dough, caramel, chocolate, and dulce de leche flavors. Another solid one is butterscotch.

BostonBull
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Another bump for BSL and especially TrueProtein.com

Junin
02-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Banana Flavor Packet - Absolutely delicious. I'm amazed how good this is. My rating: 10/10

Strawberry BSL - Ho-hum. Tastes like strawberry. Not exceptional, but it'll do. My rating: 7/10

Watermelon BSL - Very good. I'm surprised that a watermelon flavor works this well as a drink. Highly recommended. My rating: 8.5/10

I want to get my hands on some of this stuff in bulk! Banana turned my strawberry crystal-light knockoff into an orgasm. I came twice.