PDA

View Full Version : Eating out and eating healthy.

DAN13L
02-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys

This might be a captain obvious post, but I figure it could help people who lead a similar lifestyle to myself. If you're ever at a restaurant or cafe and can't see anything on the menu that fits your dietary needs, always ask staff if they can alter it.

For example at the cafe I frequent, steak with pepper sauce and rice becomes a steak with no sauce and a side of boiled brocolli. Much better for the cut. You'd be suprised how accomodating restaurants and cafe's can be!

-D

brickt.
02-19-2006, 09:04 PM
"I'm a diabetic; could you possible just give me an order of chicken with vegies? Thanks."

Shao-LiN
02-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Don't have to say you're diabetic. If they can make it for you, they probably will. People substitute and add stuff in their orders all the time.

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I ask for the biggest meal they have. Then I order 3 of them.

ShockBoxer
02-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Must be nice to be rich.

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm not, I simply have no debt.

ShockBoxer
02-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Definitely the way to go.

I just skip lunch on days when I'm expecting to eat out for dinner.

... just to confirm it is a myth that eating 2k at one meal is more detrimental than eating 1k at two, correct?

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, putting 2k away in one sitting is a feat in itself. My body could not handle it, I would feel bloated and my stomach would be very streched afterwards. Its common practice for smaller meals spread across the day for such reasons, buts thats my preference.

ShockBoxer
02-20-2006, 08:44 AM
2k is easy. Mmm... Swiss Chalet Bacon Cheeseburger (800-900 cals), a large coke (320 cals), fries (600 cals), chocolate eruption cheesecake (820 cals).

Eating out I could put back 6000 in a day or more. I've done 4k easy at a Chinese buffet.

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 08:57 AM
You wouldn't want to go for a run, or extert yourself afterwoods? Those cals are all pretty rubbish food too, its alot harder to get the same numbers with healthier foods.

eatit
02-20-2006, 09:11 AM
You wouldn't want to go for a run, or extert yourself afterwoods? Those cals are all pretty rubbish food too, its alot harder to get the same numbers with healthier foods.

i think i would want to sit back in my chair and rub my stomach more than anything....

ShockBoxer
02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Right after I certainly wouldn't want to go for a run (or do squats). The best workout of my life came the day after my 4k gorgefest, though. I had so much energy and power that my previous PRs seemed effortless. I added 5 ot 10 pounds to each lift, at least, that day.

Bit of a thread-jack but: Another thing I've never fully gotten is the idea of 'rubbish' calories. If you are at a deficit could you or could you not cut on nothing but donut holes? (You know, until you died of malnutrition).

edit: And I know it's harder to get those kinds of numbers clean. It's why my bulk failed.

Mik
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
2k is easy. Mmm... Swiss Chalet Bacon Cheeseburger (800-900 cals), a large coke (320 cals), fries (600 cals), chocolate eruption cheesecake (820 cals).

Eating out I could put back 6000 in a day or more. I've done 4k easy at a Chinese buffet.

Last time I went to Swiss Chalet I got 2 half chicken dinners with rice. Mmmmm mmmmm good!

Titanium_Jim
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM

I'm almost done eating a big lunch and this post made me hungry. MID-MEAL!!!!!!

ShockBoxer
02-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, it made me hungry as well... but I've only got 500 calories left to me for the day. That's enough for a four oz chicken breast and an ON whey shake in 1% milk. It's going to be a long night. :cry:

brickt.
02-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Hungry Jacks whopper + large fries + large coke + some sort of dessert is like 2500 cals. Double the whopper if your hungry and your on the money for highcals that come cheap.

Shao-LiN
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
2k in one sitting is fun. I feel bloated, but damn am I satisfied.

eatit
02-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Bit of a thread-jack but: Another thing I've never fully gotten is the idea of 'rubbish' calories. If you are at a deficit could you or could you not cut on nothing but donut holes? (You know, until you died of malnutrition).

no you couldn't cut on just donut holes or bulk for that matter because there really isn't anything there other than fat sugar and flour. But you could cut or bulk with donut holes and say.... chicken breast or steak or tuna.

there really is no such thing as a rubbish calorie. You either are filling your macro and micro nutrient requirements or you are not. If your macros are all in check and you've got a bunch of calories left over go nuts.

brickt.
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Didn't McDonald write somewhere that one could get ripped on a diet of nothing but sugar? (or something to that extent)

..Or am I talking out of my ass ?? :confused:

Titanium_Jim
02-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Didn't McDonald write somewhere that one could get ripped on a diet of nothing but sugar? (or something to that extent)

No way. Haven't you see 28 days later? :D
Especially since sugar causes insulin spiking and does not have protein properties OR fat, I would have to say I would not believe a team of world renowned scientists if they said anything like that.

On a side note, after that damn chinese buffet post yesterday, I had to go get hong kong buffet and mongolian stir-fry for dinner, had at least 3k at the restaurant. SOOOOOO good. I feel fantastic today.

eatit
02-21-2006, 10:12 AM

as in lyle?

no, he loves his protein... but

i know he's a big proponent of the staple basics of nutrition and not much more. If you hang around his forums there's usually a discussion going on about "clean" eating and stupid the whole craze is. There are all kinds of athletes (not just power lifters) that stuff themselves on complete junk.... but only after the rest of their diet is in check.

Eating clean is only really good for cutting and maintenance (if it's a problem) in that it allows you to feel full due to the small ammount of calories consumed in the average "clean" meal. But for bulking.... especially those of you around here bulking on 5000+ i couldn't even imagine how you do it clean.

f=ma
02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
liquids.. 1500+ cal shakes 3-4 times a day

tigo
02-22-2006, 02:13 AM
easy to eat a clean bul;k.. jus tyour diet would consist of

olive oil, rice, pasta, steak, chicken, veggies.. etc..

i dont know how it WOULDnt be clean if you prepared it yourself