PDA

View Full Version : Very Hungry during cut.

gator
02-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm cutting on about 2600 cals a day and it's killing me. On off days when I do low carb higher fat (100 g of fat), I seem to be extremely hungry. I eat a lot of peanuts to boost up my fat intake but peanuts aren't very filling for the amount of calories they contain. What are some good calorie dense foods for cutting?

I thought thermocin was supposed to help with appetite suppressing? I dont think I'm experiencing that effect, even though it is helping in the fat loss department.

Built
02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
You may need to drop a bit of the fat and crank the protein. Some folks respond better to this.

Eating fibrous veggies with every meal is also helpful, as are slower-to-digest foods, like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese mixed with tuna, avocados in your salad, and pork (pork digests more slowly than chicken or beef - I read it somewhere so it MUST be true... tenderloin is what I buy, when it's on sale.)

I avoid whey on a cut - whey just makes me hungry.

HILL
02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Fill yourself up with veggies as built suggested. If your real hungry and have no cals left just have a salad

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Eating fibrous veggies with every meal is also helpful, as are slower-to-digest foods, like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese mixed with tuna, avocados in your salad, and pork (pork digests more slowly than chicken or beef - I read it somewhere so it MUST be true... tenderloin is what I buy, when it's on sale.).

Tenderloins are often strips of chicken breast as a cheap substitute, that and its worst part of a chicken. Now, medalions of Pork...... Mmmmmmmm

clvmike19
02-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Thank God Ill never cut...:D

eatit
02-20-2006, 09:08 AM
read this thread that was created all of half a day before yours:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75314

also, if you're cutting and are hungry all the time drop the nuts.

A half cup of peanuts is a whopping 427 cals. If you've already met your protein and just need more fats try stir frying a whole lotta veggies with a table spoon or two of the healthy oil of your choice. You'll puke before you can stuff 250 cals of broccoli and cauliflower into your face.

ReelBigFish
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Tenderloins are often strips of chicken breast as a cheap substitute, that and its worst part of a chicken. Now, medalions of Pork...... Mmmmmmmm

How is the tenderloin the worst part? It's identical to a regular peice of breast meat.

gator
02-20-2006, 11:22 AM
read this thread that was created all of half a day before yours:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75314

also, if you're cutting and are hungry all the time drop the nuts.

A half cup of peanuts is a whopping 427 cals. If you've already met your protein and just need more fats try stir frying a whole lotta veggies with a table spoon or two of the healthy oil of your choice. You'll puke before you can stuff 250 cals of broccoli and cauliflower into your face.

A half a cup of nuts is more like 340 cals. However I do eat about 50 cals of broccoli and cauliflower. Remember I'm in a dorm too with just a george forman I can't make everything. I have no room for a microwave but maybe I should figure something out. Putting some veggies with my tuna sandwhich sounds like it would work well.

Or I could get some celery and eat that with peanut butter instead of eating nuts.

eps
02-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Something like 2/3's a cup of mixed veggies is only 60 calories and I feel pretty full from that. Fiber helps too with your shakes.

eatit
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
A half a cup of nuts is more like 340 cals.
i dunno dude i was just going off of fitday.

I'm in a dorm as well and as we speak i'm eating me some ff cottage cheese with sf jello and it's filling me right up. After i'm going to drink a nice big mug of peppermint tea with a splash of skim milk and that'll fill me up even more. Does your hall have a communal fridge or microwave? If so take veggies back with you every day from the salad bar in your cafe. And trust me when i say no one is going to run off with your container of cauliflower.

Also: how often are you eating? I used to have problems with hunger as well then i started eating six times a day instead of three and sometimes have a hard time building up the appetite to eat.

Spartacus
02-20-2006, 11:55 PM
psyllium husk & tea/coffees

Titanium_Jim
02-21-2006, 07:03 AM
If you like or even just can stand celery and other veggies that have actual "negative" nutritional values (you burn more calories eating the food than you consume) those kinds of vegetables would be the best to try to fill up your stomach while cutting. Fibrous, good veggies in general.

Vapour Trails
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't know if thermocin has E, but E+C = almost no appetite in my experience. I could almost forget to eat.

ArchAngel777
02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
If you like or even just can stand celery and other veggies that have actual "negative" nutritional values (you burn more calories eating the food than you consume) those kinds of vegetables would be the best to try to fill up your stomach while cutting. Fibrous, good veggies in general.

Very True! This man gives excellent advice. While they don't always taste good raw, eating a healthy 1-2 servings before your main meal will do wonders to curb that raging appitite. Also, keep in mind that carbs typically make people hungry. So if you are drinking sugared stuff, or eating sugar or anything with a very high GI value, you are going to get hungry. Do your best to eliminate carbs on a cut and rely on the thermogenics to give you energy to get through your workouts, not to suppress your appitite. My opinion...

nhlfan
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
this is a completed uneducated response, but this i what i sometimes do if im hungry have no other food to eat for another few hours.

drink 2 litres of water, and eat 2 slices of plain bread. it fills me up.

brickt.
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM

This would make someone like Built hungry as hell. Myself, also, to a lesser degree.

eatit
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM

and adds 160 calories 120 of which come from carbs (or 30 grams). You'd be better off munching on some beef jerky and just upping your protein especially if the OP here is going suffering on his low carb days.

Con
02-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Why exactly do carbs make you hungry? I seem to get full off of carbs, never really payed attention tho.

Built
02-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Carbs make ME hungry - but they are satiating to some people, particularly the slower carbs.

For me, it's an insulin resistance problem. I generally find fats and proteins more satiating, particularly when eaten together.

Con
02-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, so In my case, carbs would be good as long as I get in my minimums for protein and fat?

brickt.
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
^^
Bingo.

ShadyRensch
02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Yo you're cutting on 2600 cals at 187 pounds? I'm the same weight, and I'm cutting at 2200, should i be up more? I would definitely welcome the idea of eating more.

ddegroff
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
it all depends on how many cals your burning. I'm cutting @ 2200 cals, but when I go for a hard bike ride I add 200 cals or so to make up for it. The real question is how much weight have you been losing @ 2000 cals, if its 1-2lbs per week I wouldn't mess with it.

TwiloMike
02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Nitrean is very filling and fairly low in calories.

Davidelmo
02-27-2006, 12:36 PM
^^ Check the guy in the At Large forum who did a cut on ONLY Nitrean. :O

meanmike628
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
First Post -> I've been taking Hydroxycut for a while now and it seems to work very well in this area. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat just to get up to the 2000 calories that i need to have everyday. I'm sure that other fat burners work similarly. You may want to check them out.

gator
03-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm taking thermocin but it doesn't seem to suppress my hunger, not sure if it's even supposed to do that.