PDA

View Full Version : Will this harm my gains in any way?

Powdered_Power
02-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Ok guys and girls, Im pretty consious of what i eat during the working week (sunday-thursday) so Id be on a high protein diet of chicken, tuna, cottage cheese etc. but on my days off from work (friday-saturday) Ill just take in alot of junk aswell like pizza, donuts etc you get the point.

Now will this harm my gains in muscle because I want to gain a little bodyfat aswell as muscle considering I have only 7-8 procent BF and a high metabolism rate. Should I cut it down to just one day of "pigging out" or should I just stick with it?

Thanks for any advice.

Anthony
02-20-2006, 11:18 AM
As long as your training, overall nutriton plan, and rest/sleep is on track, a bit of pizza isn't going to hurt you.

But by the sounds of it you should spend more time with your nutrition plan ... everything you listed above is extremely vague. Calories? Protein? Fat? Carbs? Etc, etc.

Shao-LiN
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
You actually want to gain bodyfat?

In any event, I don't believe in having a 100% clean diet...at least not for myself. The biggest benefit to having clean foods is that they tend to be lower in calories, thus allowing you to eat more....plus some vitamins/minerals/etc. But, if you're still meeting your calorie goals/macro goals with a pizza thrown in there somewhere, then it won't make a big difference.

eatit
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
wait a second... did you just ask if eating more food will hinder gains?

as in: Does increasing my caloric intake slow down my bulking?...............

what do you think?

Titanium_Jim
02-21-2006, 07:35 AM
At 7-8% bodyfat, with a fast metabolism, you don't need to worry much (yet, at least) about WHAT you're eating, so long as you're eating ENOUGH. I'm twice your bodyfat, with a high metabolism, and I can eat whatever the hell I want, whenever I want, and not see too much difference unless I go to the healthy extreme (good difference) or the unhealthy extreme (a tiny bit added to my small belly). And I would be willing to bet on the average day I eat twice as much as you.