PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Crossfit will keep me motivated...

Ironman15
02-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I started reading all about this crossfit stuff yesterday and I've decided to give it a whirl, mixed in with some 5x5. Plan on doing CF/5x5/CF/5x5/CF/rest/rest. See how it goes. I know I'll be dead for the first couple weeks maybe longer. This is only my third week back to lifting after too much time off. Also I haven't done much intense cardio since I was a senior in high school like 3 years ago. I've looked over all of the different WOD's they have listed in the FAQ that I can do with the equipment available at the gym and wrote them down. Plus my gym is humongous, so it would be impossible to do a lot of the things while they are timed. However, if a WOD looks interesting on one of my CF days I might thrown it in, in place of what I already have planned. I've broke it down into like 4 week rotations with a different CF WO for each of the days. But anyways, I thought I'd start off with the Tabata This as it seems like a good overall judge as I progress through this. Here is how it went tonight:
Pullups: 14, 9, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2(doing 14 and then 9 was stupid). total=41
Situps: 15, 13, 13, 11, 10, 10, 8, 8 total=88
Squats: 17, 16, 15, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14 total=120
Pushups: 10, 10, 10, 9, 7, 6, 6, 5 total=59
Rower: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 total=38
Overall score: 33.
I guess I'm alright with that. I'm pretty well out of shape. I figure when I do this again in 5 weeks it should increase fairly well. Plus I know not to start out gunning it like an idiot. Main thing that sucked here was I had to sprint to get to "multi-fuctional room" after pullups, and then run to the rower. So as if I wasn't winded enough. Afterwards I definitely puked up the banana I had before the workout, wasn't as good coming back up. But i'm gonna stick to this, I love workouts that motivational in this sense of constantly trying to beat your time and reps and what not.
Little background:
Probably about my 4th journal. Hope to keep this one going.
Height: 5'5" no shoes
Weight: 132 this morning
BF%: Calipers giving me a 7, so probably really like 10.
So my goals are pretty much to get into better physical shape, strength and endurace. As well as gaining weight, which shouldn't be a problem until I hit about 145 as I've been there before. So I've got a 5x5 and I'll post details after the workout.

MJS
02-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I like your user name.

Anthony
02-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Tabata This is a great workout. Did you find it difficult to count reps AND watch the stop watch for 20/10 seconds? You're score is a good place to start. Try it again in 2 weeks and I bet you put another 5-10 points on that!

galileo
02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Looking good.

Ironman15
02-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Tabata This is a great workout. Did you find it difficult to count reps AND watch the stop watch for 20/10 seconds? You're score is a good place to start. Try it again in 2 weeks and I bet you put another 5-10 points on that!

No, I didn't think it was too difficult. Although I know on some of the other workouts it will be even tougher to do both at the same time. In those cases i'm hoping I can drag my girlfriend along.

On another note, I'm sore as **** today all over my whole body. Contemplating holding out on the 5x5 workouts until my body becomes more accustommed to the Crossfit regimine. I have a tendency to get sick when I overtrain, so I want to avoid that.

Ironman15
02-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Gonna pass on the 5x5 tonight, i'm too sore to move let alone lift. I think I'm going to have to slowly incorporate those in after I get use to the Crossfit workouts. So I think for this week and next week i'm just going to do Crossfit MWF. Set for Wednesday I plan on doing Fran. Either next quarter of school or this summer I plan on switching to following the crossfit workouts that are posted, but for now I'm going to stick with what I've previously mentioned. Friday I'm going to do Cindy.

clvmike19
02-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I want to do a Cindy or Fran....:hump:

Ironman15
02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
I want to do a Cindy or Fran....:hump:

I'd be careful, that Fran is one mean bitch...

Ugly show at the gym tonight...it was me. Fran kicked my ass. I'm so out of cardiac shape. My time was 10:27, using 75lbs for thrusters(55% of my BW). I plan to eventually work up to the 95lbs. after I get stronger and get more conditioned. The pullups actually were an improvement over monday. They felt easier. I'm still sore all over though. Thrusters are probably what killed my time. I'm so better at any kind of shoulder press sitting down. I do 50lb dumbell shoulder press for 6, but barely did 75lb thrusters for 10 in a row. Weak. Oh well as time goes on i'll get better at these. Atleast I didn't puke tonight.

Ironman15
02-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Cindy was planned for today, but my back feels like I got hit with a baseball bat, so I was looking for a different workout that was mainly legs and/or core and what do you know todays WOD is Michael:
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

I think I might have to substitute goodmornings(with bar) because I don't think the gym has a glute-ham machine. I guess I'll go find out and reschedule my date with Cindy for another night.

Ironman15
02-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Well no glute-ham machine, so instead I had to do goodmornings(with barbell).

My time was pretty embarrassing: 35.38.

Started out strong, finished first .5 mile in 3:15. Then it fell apart. Goodmornings tore me up. By the time I got to the second half mile I had to walk a lap. Then by the last .5 mile I was wishing I had done Cindy instead, haha. Oh well, its just a time to beat in the future.

McIrish
02-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Sick workouts, IM. Way to keep the food down! :thumbup:

Ironman15
02-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Haha, thanks man. I think if my hamstrings could today they would jump off my body and put me in a rear naked choke. Looking forward to Cindy tomorrow, I'm sure the squats are going to feel great.

Ironman15
02-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I couldn't even do a squat today, let alone many squats that would necessitate an entire set. So once again I didn't do Cindy, but one day it will happen. I did however do Lynne tonight. Looks like this:

Bw Bench
Pullups
5 rounds for max reps

And here's how I did
Bench(135): 7,6,5,5,5(I probably could have squeezed out 6 on atleast two of those 5's, but without a spotter I didn't want to test it).
Pullups: 19, 16, 12, 10, 12(These were fantastic, and I worked on a half-ass kip)

Positives= My bench was better than I thought it would be, and with some slight improvement I think I'll be able to complete the pullup part of Fran next time without stopping, granted I won't be doing Fran for awhile.

Negatives= Took way to long of a nap today and missed a meal, so I didn't have that much energy today. Which I guess makes what I did look better, but I wish I would have had that extra energy to see what I would have turned out.

Started taking creatine yesterday. In the past I've been a non-responder, but I thought I'd give it a whirl again. This time around I'm going to make sure to drink excessive water, might help out some.

I think I might do Jackie on Wedneday, which was what I originally had down for me to do. I think I can bust out a very good time on it.

Ironman15
02-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Somewhat sore today, legs are feeling better, chest is pretty sore, lats somewhat. Arms not sore at all. So, tomorrow I will do Jackie, looks like this:

1000 meter run (Anticipate a time of less than 4:15, hopefully under 4:00)
Thruster 45lbs for 50 reps (Probably will take me about 4:00)
Pullups 30 reps (I'll be tired as **** by this time, but I should easily get this in 3 sets if not 2 thanks to my new kipping skills, maybe sub 2:30 here).

So I'd really like to break 10:00, but that would be flying. I'll probably be around 12:00 realistically.

Oh yea weight: 135 (+6 since I started 4 weeks ago)

Funny thing is I was just looking back at Jackie on Crossfit and it was suppose to be a 1000m row, whoops.

Ironman15
03-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Only one word to describe this workout: puketastic. Must make mental note to myself to never eat chinese food prior to working out. I actually felt like I was going to puke beforehand, and I knew I was going to puke after. Unfortunately, i threw up right before I finished. Here's out the workout went down:

1000 meters: 4:10 (like a 6:40 mile pace, so not too bad, my best mile time ever was 5:10 my sophomore year of high school)
50 Thrusters(45lbs): like 5:30 because this guy I lived down the hall from my freshman year started talking to me. I probably needed the breather though.
30 pullups: First set was 16, second set was 8, the total time was 11:30 here. And then it hit me. So I made my way to the bathroom, puked my guts out, and here I am now, 6 pullups short of getting Jackie in the sheets. But I figure minus the guy talking to me and chinese food and I would have been right at 12:00 here. I had Lynne down for Friday from my original schedule, but considering I already did that I might throw in Cindy, although I thinking more along the lines of either some heavy deads, squats, or cleans.

Ironman15
03-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Well, decided to yesterday's WOD today. Looks like this:

deadlifts(65lbs) 10 reps
Hang Cleans(65lbs) 8 reps
Push Press(65lbs) 6 reps
As many rounds in 20 minutes

I finished with 10 rounds. I probably could have pulled off a couple extra deadlifts but I was ****ing dying. I did get my goal of 10 rounds, so I'm happy. Never felt like puking, just pure exhausted. But I've only gotten about 20 hours of sleep total the past 4 days due to having a 10-page paper and 2-page paper due today. And i'm one hell of a procrastinator. So I figure more sleep would have helped me out here.

Deadlifts were somewhat killer, doing that many and going that low(10 lb plates).
Hang Cleans sucked, haven't done them in quite awhile, quite the forearm burn.
Push Presses were quick, clean, and ****ing beautiful. I'm ready for Fran again.

I was thinking about doing the whole conversion to my Bodyweight, and it would have been 50lbs. Then I started thinking about ridiculous that would look deadlifting with 2.5's on each side. Pretty damn funny.

On a side note: As I'm leaving the gym I notice a big sign with the rules listed. No OLYMPIC LIFTS(CLEANS, SNATCHES). Granted I was using 65lbs, and no one said anything to me, but thats kind of sad, damn university gyms. Next time i see a ugly chick in there, i'm gonna be like didn't you read the sign, NO SNATCHES...haha jp.

Ironman15
03-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I've been thinking about reworking my workout scheme, and I think I have it settled.

M-Crossfit
T-5x5
W-off
T-Crossfit
F-5x5
S-Off
U-Off

I was thinking about going strictly with the crossfit format 3 days CF 1 day off, but I work every other weekend in which I stay at home not at school, and don't have access to a gym, unless I want to drive 40 minutes to school, and I spend enough on gas as it is. However, I think when I'm home for the summer and unfreeze my account at the gym there I will go strictly with the CF format.

Crossfit days will focus on more endurance type workouts like Fran, Cindy, and Jackie. 5x5 days will focus on Squats, Bench, Deadlift, and Bentover Rows. So it will kind of be a two week rotation for those four lifts. I'll also do two 3x8's on those days focusing on opposite lifts for instance if I'm doing squats, I'll do CGBP and DB Rows. I'll probably avoid pulldowns and pullups on those days cause i'm more than likely to do pullups atleast once a week, usually twice on CF days. The CF workouts will not be set in stone. I might do one of the ladies or I might look at very recent WOD's and choose one of them.

Tonight I'm going to do today's WOD: Fran.

Ironman15
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I could use a good nap after this workout. Did Fran, bumped up to 80lb thrusters from 75lb from last time. So I did 59% of my BW, again each time I do this I want to increase weight until I'm at 95lbs, the rx'd amount. I figured with bumping the weight up 5lbs I wanted to break 10, which would be a 27 second PR. I ended up with a time of 8:53. So new PR by 1:34. It was broken up like this if I remember correctly:
TH: 15,6/6,5,4/5,4
PU: 16,5/9,6/6,3

Next time I want to get that second set of thrusters in 2 sets, so that I'm getting everything in 2 sets. Damn I'm tired.

Ironman15
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Amazing how untiring a regular workout is after doing crossfit for a couple weeks, well i wouldn't say untiring, but not nearly as bad. Here was tonight's workout:

Deadlifts: 5x185, 5x185, 5x205, 5x205, 3x225
First time I've done these in years. Back was fried by the last set and my grip was giving out. Also all the bars are brand new in the gym and knurling is wicked harsh on my hands. I've got callouses in the middle of my palms.
CGBP: 3x95, 3x105, 3x105
DB Row: 45x8, 50x8, 55x8

Then I did some miscellaneous stuff. Some DB shrugs, calf raises, and weighted crunches just for the hell of it.

Discovered that every person on campus must have a MWF workout split because no one was at the gym tonight, was excellent.

Ironman15
03-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Didn't make it to the gym tonight, girlfriend has some cardio ideas of her own involving many pelvic thrusting maneuvers. But I'm gonna go before lunch tomorrow and do this WOD last posted in January:

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

Then tomorrow night I'm going to do:
Bench:5x5
Front squat: 3x8
Rows: 3x8 (with the pullups done early I should do something else here, but not sure what exactly, any ideas?)

Oh, and my lower back has some crazy ass doms going on, guess thats what happens when you don't deadlift for a couple years.

Ironman15
03-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Told myself I should get atleast 12 minutes on the pullups. Only made it to 10 Those bastards catch up on you quick. I never broke down a set until 8, then I thought it would be smart to do 4,4. Then did 5,4 and 5,3,2. The last few were barely chin over bar. Its funny cause you feel stupid the first few sets, hop up to a couple pullups and hop down. Then you get a little higher and its like dang. Oh well I did 55 pullups in 10 minutes. Not too bad, gonna have to improve before I eventually Angie. After this I decided to run .5 mile. The track is 1/8 of a mile. I was just finishing up the second lap when both my calves started cramping and I ran the 3rd lap doing a skip and stopped after that with a time of 2:29. I'd like to work up to a mile and get that under 6:00. Which would be 45 seconds a lap. First lap was like 50, second lap was 45 and last lap was 55 due to the skipping. I think within a month or two I can get a mile under 6:00.

Tonight I'll be doing:
Bench: 5x5
F. Squat: 3x8
Mac Row: 3x8 (much rather do something else here, like cleans, but 1. not allowed in the gym even though I doubt anyone working there knows what one is or would even say anything and 2. My lower back is still damn sore)

I leave next friday for south carolina, so I'll be away from lifting for about 8 days or so. But it will be nice to relax and get rid of all my doms before I get back and do it all over.

Ironman15
03-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Well did the workout tonight I was supposed to do Friday. Didn't skip cause I'm lazy just cause I've been busy as ****. I still plan on working out tomorrow though. So here's tonights workout:

Bench: 135x5, 140x5, 145x5, 150x5, 155x5
F. Squat: 95x8, 95x8, 115x8
1 arm cable row: 100x8, 110x8, 110x8

Really surprised at bench, going up pretty quick, granted I've benched 215 before so muscle memory is doing me good here.
Front squats was mainly working on form. I started off at the top from the clean hold, this worked great until my unflexible right wrist started bothering me so I had to switch back to the cross armed hold. I plan on working on the clean hold though as I will easily be able to add more weight that way.
The rows were done on these cable machines we have. Rather than pulling from a 90 degree angle like a pulldown or like a 0-10 degree row this was pulling from like a 40-50 degree angle and across the body. I really liked these and felt them in my lats like nothing else.

Overall good workout, felt fresh and strong. And the best part, I wasn't exhausted one bit. Thank you crossfit. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow yet, but I'll figure it out.

Rant: Guy next to me squatting 335 about 3 inches thought he was badass. I wanted to ask him to try it ass to the floor, but figured it was a waste. Either way I think watching people with bad form has become my biggest pet peeve in the gym.

Ironman15
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Figured I'd go ahead and post tonights workout before I do it, so I don't have to go searching for it later.

For time:
Row 1000 meters
45 pound Thruster, 50 reps
30 Pull-ups
Row 750 meters
45 pound Thruster, 25 reps
15 Pull-ups
Row 500 meters
45 pound Thruster, 15 reps
9 pull-ups

I'm gonna guess and say a time around 25 minutes.

Ironman15
03-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I definitely want to kill myself after that ^.

First round time: 11:45
Second round time: 21:45
Third round time: 27:50.

So i finished 2:50 later than I thought, but it also took my a total of atleast 3:00 in transition as the rower is a good 150 yards away from the freeweights. I did alright. Rower killed me. My average 500m time was like 2:20. Need to improve that for real. Last round was cake. I haven't sweated like this though in forever. I have a feeling I might be using tomorrow as a rest day instead, cause I'm already hurting all over. I'd love to go to sleep now but I have an exam tomorrow, this is gonna suck.

Chubrock
03-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Good job with the CF man. Keep it up.

Ironman15
03-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Good job with the CF man. Keep it up.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Ironman15
03-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Here's todays workout:

Squats: 185x5, 225x5, 225x5, 245x5, 270x5
DB Decline Bench: 55'sx8, 60'sx8, 60'sx8
Iso-lateral row(weighted machine): 140x8, 140x8, 160x8 (plus weight of machine)

Workout felt good. First couple sets of squats I was just making sure my form was solid and I was going deep enough. I was going as deep as my unflexible body would allow me to go which is just below parallel. Can't wait until the summer when I'm home and have my workout partner back, trying to get up to the decline bench carrying 120 lbs isn't fun, neither is getting off. Especially when the thing is like 4 inches higher than my ass. I love being so short.

Taking tomorrow off as a rest day, plus i'm going out tomorrow night to celebrate the end of finals. Thursday I might try to do CF in the morning and 5x5 at night.

Ironman15
03-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Slept in today, really late. So I only worked out tonight. Seeing how I planned on doing a CF WOD this morning and a 5x5 tonight, I did Lynne, which I thought does a decent job of both endurance and strength.

Lynne:
BW Bench
Pullups
5 Rounds for max reps

BW(137)
Bench(135): 11, 10, 8, 7, 5 =41
Pullups(kipped): 21, 16, 14, 12, 14 =77

From last time I did this, I think about 2 weeks ago:
Bench + 13
Pullups + 8

Bench felt great, but it's not like I've really gotten that much stronger, I'm just regaining what I've lost.

And I won't be back from SC until next Wednesday. And won't lift until a week from this Sunday. Ahh relaxation...

Ironman15
03-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Back from South Carolina. Had a good time although the weather wasn't that great. Tired as **** from so much driving. Ready to start lifting again but won't have a chance until Sunday night. Diet was pretty decent, as in ate a decent amount of food, not all of it that healthy. Did walk a ton everyday and biked 7 miles another day.

Ironman15
03-23-2006, 01:36 PM
I finalized my workout plan for this quarter. Over the summer I may switch to a total Crossfit workout following their daily WOD's (as close as possible), but for now here is what I'm going to do starting sunday:

Day 1: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
BO Row: 3x5
Bench: 3x8

Day 2: CF
Focusing on lighter weight, endurance type WOD's.

Day 3: off

Day 4: 5x5
Military: 5x5
Pullup: 3x8
Squat: 3x8

Day 5: CF
Again focusing on lighter weight, endurance type WOD's.

Days 6 &&: Off

I plan on rotating the 5x5's and 3x8's every workout. So the week after this the 5x5 days will look like this:

Day 1:
Bench 5x5
BO Row 3x8
deadlift 3x8

Day 3:
Pullup 5x5
Squat 3x8
Military 3x8

So, basically just rotating the exercises up so that after 3 weeks every exercise listed will have gone through a 5x5 and two 3x8's. The difference from what I was doing is that instead of working on "accessory" lifts I'll be focusing on 6 big lifts. I figure with this plan I'm getting the best off all three worlds: Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

If I could lay down an ultimate goal for myself it would be: weigh 150-155 at under 10% BF and be in spectacular shape. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be in great shape following this, thanks to Crossfit. I just need to work on slowly gaining weight. Most people laugh at having a weight of 155 as an ultimate goal, but most people aren't 5'5" with ankles smaller than a lot of people's wrists.

I guess the best way to work toward my longterm goals are to set short term goals, so here they are:

By June 1st:
Weigh 145
Bench: 220
Squat: 350
Deadlift: 325
BO Row: 185
Pullups: BW+70
Military: 135

Granted I don't know exact current maxes on any of these, but based these on what I think I can do now and what my maxes have been in the past. I might have to tweak these a bit as I haven't attempted heavy sets of rows, pullups or military press.
I'll stick to my workout plan for 9 weeks, then attempt these maxes the next week. Then take a week off(finals week). Then I'll be home for the summer. And I'll see where to go from there.

Ironman15
03-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Didn't get back in time to school to lift tonight, gym closes at 10 on sundays, bastards. Would have gotten back but couldn't pass up going out to a free dinner with my parents. So tomorrow I will definitely be back to the gym. Weight has gone up a pound though to 138. So far so good.

Ironman15
03-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Felt kind of weak tonight, I guess from not lifting for like 10 days, but oh well thats what a vacation is for. Plus I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and woke up probably 10 times, so I'm dead tired. Also I believe i'm going to switch deadlifts to 5x3 and then 3x5, cause I hate doing high rep deadlifts with a passion. Anyways heres tonights workout:

Deadlifts: 185-5, 185-5, 205-5, 205-5 (Didn't do the last set because my callouses healed back and the knurling ripped my hands apart, yea i know i'm a puss)
Bentover rows: 95-8, 105-8, 115-8 (pretty easy, strict, definitely move up next time)
Bench: 135-8, 135-8, 135-8 (kind of tired by this time)

Not sure what CF workout I'm gonna do tomorrow.

Classes started today. Set up my schedule so I don't have class on tuesday and thursday, although I have class from 8-2 MWF besides an hour break. So my ass will be sleeping in tomorrow.

Ironman15
03-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Tonights CF workout was just something I made up. I wanted something I could do in my room without having to go to the gym. So here's what I did:

Burpees
Situps

Rounds of 30, 20, and 10 each for time with 1 minute rest between.

30: 3:04
20: 2:08
10: 1:35

Originally the plan was just for one continuous set but I started to die after doing 30 so changed it to this. Doesn't help that its 75 degrees in here either. I'm sweating like crazy. Burpees are ****ing tough, especially when you haven't done them forever.

Ironman15
03-30-2006, 10:43 PM
The girlfriend decided to join me for tonights workout, and hopefully will continue to do so for future workouts. She did my workout tonight, but I don't think she liked the 5x5 too well. I may come up with a different routine for her. But we'll see how it goes.

Me:
Standing Military: 85-5, 85-5, 90-5, 90-5, 95-5
Pullups: BW+25-8, BW+25-8, BW+10-8
Squats: 185-8, 205-8, 255-8

Sarah:
Standing Military: 35-5, 40-5, 40-5, 45-5, 50-5 (impressed me here)
Pullups: -85lbs-8, -85lbs-8, -100lbs-8 (using the machine pullup thingy, the negative is what weight it was on, so I guess thats right)
Squats: 65-8 (got a cramp in her thigh, and we were running short on time so she stopped here).

Crossfit tomorrow. Again not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe Michael, but not sure.

Ironman15
04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Fell down friday morning and bashed both of my elbows on the ground. So I didn't lift friday and decided to just wait until today because they both hurt like fuk, although their fine now. Increased weight in all my lifts today so happy about that.

Bench: 140-5, 145-5, 150-5, 155-5, 160-5
Deadlift: 195-5, 205-5, 235-3
BO Row: 105-8, 115-8, 125-8

Kind of tired, didn't get much sleep last night so i'm kind of surprised all my lifts went up.

Tomorrow I'm either doing Fran, tabata this, Jackie, or WOD #051216 from the first page on here I did. Whatever WOD # it is. I think i'm gonna do a rotation of those four on tuesdays though. Then on fridays a rotation of Michael, Helen, Lynne, and the WOD from 21 Feb 05 (I was bored and went looking through old WODs).

Ironman15
04-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Did Fran tonight, as it was todays WOD (not that i'm worried about that). Bumped the thrusters up to 85lbs from 80lbs from last time (now at 62% of BW). 5lbs doesn't seem like much but when it kills you for 45 reps. Heres my time and break down:

T: 12/8/3
PU: 15/6
T: 8/7
PU: 9/6
T: 6/3
PU: 6/3

Time: 11:17
Time was 2:24 worse than last time. The extra 5lbs killed me. Still no excuse. Need to get in better cardio shape. It's been that killin me more than the muscular endurance. Damn I'm in terrible shape.

dw06wu
04-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Just keep pushing it on the CF's. I'm in the same boat as you, bad cardiovascular shape. We'll get better at it with time, I'm sure of it.

Ironman15
04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Just keep pushing it on the CF's. I'm in the same boat as you, bad cardiovascular shape. We'll get better at it with time, I'm sure of it.

Let's hope so, crazy just a couple of years ago in high school I could run circles around myself now.

Ironman15
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Felt pretty good during tonights workout. Warmuped on bike, 1 mile on medium difficulty in 3:24. Then slow cool down until 5:00. Been doing this for awhile now, just thought I'd post it. I've been slowly increasing the difficulty and just been trying to break 4 minutes each time. So I guess i should increase the difficulty a bit.

Pullups: bw+35-5, 5, bw+25-5, 5, 5
Standing Military: 85-8, 8, 8
Squat: 205-8, 245-8, 265-8

Then shot some hoops just cause I hadn't picked up a basketball in about 3 years and I just felt like it. Tomorrow i'm gonna do the WOD from 21 Feb 05 Looks like this:

Row 500 meters
Run 400 meters

Five rounds for time.

Ironman15
04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
All I have to say is I need to find a way to get to the gym on Fridays. I'm in school until 2 and then have to work at 5. But it takes me 45 minutes to drive to my house to change and another 30 minutes to drive to work. Throw in eating after class and it doesn't leave much time. So needless to say I didn't do crossfit friday. However, I did carry my girlfriend's mini fridge from her room to her car. Probably a good 200 yards or more. My forearms and biceps were sore yesterday. So atleast i did something. Talked to my friend yesterday about joining his gym over the summer. He said for $110 a month you can go to as many classes as you want of BJJ and kickboxing. So doesn't sound too bad. Plus its Jorge Gurgel's gym where Rich Franklin trains, so thats badass enough. So I'll be hitting that up in June. Until then I want to keep bulking and try to work on my cardio. I also need to start stretching cause my unflexibleness is going to kill me. I have been looking at submission moves online though. I let my girlfriend get me in a triangle choke. Had to tap out, haha. Also figured out how to do a guillotine, kimura and rear naked choke. Submissions just interest me a lot I guess. But anyways, I'll be back in the gym tomorrow, I've got two ****ing papers I have to write tonight. Oh yea and my weight is at 139.5. I'm up 10.5lbs over the past 9 weeks. So far so good.

Ironman15
04-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Tonights workout:
Bentover Row: 115-5, 125-5, 130-5, 135-5, 135-5
Bench: 140-8, 140-8, 140-8
Deadlift: 205-5, 205-5, 235-4, 285-1

Got bored, figured i'd try a single, got it up pretty easy. Tore a chunk out of my shin though and blood ran down my leg, made it look pretty hardcore. At the rate i'm going, I'm going to have to update my goals for June because i'm pretty close to all of them right now. I guess thats a good thing.

Ironman15
04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Just completed Jackie with a time of 10:52. Last time I made it to 11:30 with 6 pullups left and then went to the bathroom and puked. So a definite improvement there. And I did rows this time like I was suppose to instead of running. The rows took my :10 longer than the running last time, but oh well, that just means my Thruster and Pullup time went down.

Ironman15
04-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Workout was both good and bad. Bad in that now that my squats are getting heavy I'm starting to feel it in my back where I hurniated a disk almost 4 years ago. Same thing happened before I took those 6 months off. I may have to just scrap heavy squats and just work on lighter weight, close feet, slow, atf squats. But I'll see how things go and see if the pain persists everytime I squat. Probably didn't help from pulling that single on monday either though. Anyways heres the workout:

Squats: 245-5,5 265-5,5 275-5
Pullups: bw+35-8, bw+25-8,8
Standing Military: 85-8,8 90-8

Going up in everything consistently every workout, and I probably will until I get closer to my former maxes.

Ironman15
04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Todays workout was awesome. I think I need to start working out in the afternoon cause I have a ****load more energy. Unfortunately i didn't have time to workout on friday, damn work. But I will have time the next three fridays cause I don't have to work. After that i'll just have to figure something out.

Deadlift: 3x205, 3x215, 3x225, 3x245, 3x275
Bentover Row: 8x115, 8x125, 8x135
Bench: 3x8x145

Went up in everything. Last week I deadlifted 235x4. I just felt great today, although now I have a huge blood blister on my palm, but thats ok it looks pretty cool. Last week I rowed 135x5, put that bitch up 3 more times today. Last week I benched 140 for those sets. Just cause I'm bored I'm gonna guesstimate my maxes on all my lifts.
Deadlift: 315
Squat: 315 (when my back isn't sore from deads)
Bench: 190
BO Row: 170
Pullups: bw+60
Military: 120

Those are all guesses of course, but most of them are close to my goals for June even after increasing my goals, so thats damn good.

I'm gonna try to make my journal more formatted, have a lifting section, diet section, ramblings, etc. starting with my next entry tomorrow night.

Funny notes:
Guy next to me tells his spotter hes gonna try for six reps. He barely and I mean barely gets the first rep, the spotter than pretty much shruged/rowed the last 5 reps, it was pretty damn funny. Then the spotter told the guy thanks for the workout. Ahh good stuff.

Ironman15
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Thought I'd post a pic just for the hell of it. Quality isn't great as it was taken with my phone. If I owned a digital camera I'd put some more pictures up but it costs like 50 cents each time you send a picture to the verizon place, so 1 is good enough for now cause I'm cheap, haha. And I know the picture doesn't show much but I figured a back shot would probably be about easiest to do while trying to pose. Although my left side is pretty much relaxed so I could hold the phone steady enough to take the picture. Oh well.

Chubrock
04-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Lookin strong dude. CF sessions are lookin good, as well as the regular gym sessions. What you weighin in at now?

Ironman15
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Lookin strong dude. CF sessions are lookin good, as well as the regular gym sessions. What you weighin in at now?

Thanks man, weighed myself this morning at 140. Gonna keep bulking until I'm 155ish. Honestly I don't think I can get much bigger than that at my height and bone structure while keeping sub 10% Bf. But we'll see how things go.

Jimmything08
04-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Mike Beckett... You are a ****ing beast...

It's Jd by the way. You lose the V card yet?

Ironman15
04-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Mike Beckett... You are a ****ing beast...

It's Jd by the way. You lose the V card yet?

Holy **** man, I had no idea you were on here. And thanks, and yea the V card was lost years ago, lol.

Jimmything08
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I actually was just checking it out because I was referred by a friend. Then I saw your facebook pic and saw the same pic here... I was like.. WTF? Mike Beckett? What a ripped mother ****er.

Ironman15
04-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I actually was just checking it out because I was referred by a friend. Then I saw your facebook pic and saw the same pic here... I was like.. WTF? Mike Beckett? What a ripped mother ****er.

Lol thanks man, and good to see you on here. Lots of helpful people and information. I've been a member here for almost 5 years.

Ironman15
04-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Two more pics for ****s and giggles.

Jimmything08
04-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Mike,

If youre in town this summer, Soto and I are going to the Powerstation. Youre more than welcome to join us.. I cant lift what Soto can because he's bulking and ****, but you and I might be on a more level playing field. Itd definitly be motivation.

Ironman15
04-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Mike,

If youre in town this summer, Soto and I are going to the Powerstation. Youre more than welcome to join us.. I cant lift what Soto can because he's bulking and ****, but you and I might be on a more level playing field. Itd definitly be motivation.

Sounds good man. I usually lift with Chris Hunt at TAC but both of our memberships are expired and I was thinking of asking him if he wanted to workout at Powerstation instead this summer. But yea sounds good.

Ironman15
04-20-2006, 10:12 PM
So Tuesdays workout turned into being something different than crossfit. My girlfriend went and picked up t-shirts she has to handout and I got to carry them back to her room, all the way from the garage, which is atleast a quarter mile. So I decided what better way to use some functional strength. So I ran with them all the way to the dorm, about 75 shirts (20 of which were hoodies). Probably weighed a good 40lbs. Definitely worked up a sweat doing that, I figured that was a good enough workout for the day.

Now to add some format to my journal:

Notes:

After doing squats tonight I've realized that atleast for now, I'm not gonna be able to do heavy olympic style squats anymore. My back just can't take the weight sitting on my shoulders, the squatting is easy, but my back will never be the same since the herniated disk. So from now on i'm gonna lower the weight and just work on feet close together ATF bodybuilder style squats.

Diet:

Diet hasn't been the best this week but my weight has gone up, so works for me, and i've been getting a lot of compliments lately. Awesome thing is i'm still growing on 3000 calories. When I was in high school I had to eat 3500 calories. So this is a little easier.

Sleep:

Got about 10 hours of sleep last night. Nice not having Tuesday and Thursday classes.

Workout:

Standing military: 90-5,5 95-5,5 100-8 (definitely will increase this)
Pullups: BW+35-8,6 BW+25-8
Squats: 245-8, 135-12 (damn back)
Hang Cleans: 95-5 (really just kind of messing around here on form)

End Notes:
Next time will definitely increase weight on mili's. For some reason it was like I got this burst of energy on the last set. Pullups will stay around the same. And again squats are gonna have to change. And now its time to write a paper, wish I could be sleeping.

Ironman15
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Notes:

I'm ****ing exhausted right now after finishing my workout, pukie was and still is close to making an appearance. I need to take more time between working out and the previous meal. If I don't wait at least an hour I always feel like I'm gonna barf when I do CF.

Diet:

So far today the diet is good. I've had three meals with hopefully 3 if not 4 left to go. Most likely 3 cause i'll only be able to eat once at work tonight.

Sleep:

Sleep sucked last night. I had a paper due that I waited until the last minute to do. Ended up getting like 4 hours of sleep and now i'm exhausted.

Workout:

Did Helen today, scaled down to my BW though.
Run 400m
1.5 pood kettleball swing (used dumbbells did 45lbs for first two sets and then 35lbs for last)
12 pullups
3 rounds for time.

I thought I'd get like 15ish, but I ended up at 19:32. First time i'd done the dumbbell swings. Slaughtered my shoulders and lower back. I can tell from these alone just how weak my posterior chain is. I really liked doing them though. Running wasn't bad but my lower back was on fire so it hurt like hell to run. Pullups were all cake 12,12,12. I guess they were sort of an active recovery for yesterday. I might have to do Linda next week to see just how many consecutive pullups I can do.

End Notes:

Well work tonight and tomorrow night, although I'm bartending tomorrow night instead of serving so thats badass. Then saturday night hanging out with my friend who's coming in for the weekend and then sunday playing 18 holes of golf. Should be a pretty good weekend. Next week will suck though I have three finals next friday. Shoot me now.

Ironman15
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Diet was decent this weekend, not great or even good, just decent. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep either. And now I've got a fuking sinus infection although I feel like i'm getting the flu. I'm gonna hold out on working out until I start feeling better. Whenever I workout sick I end up feeling even more ****ty. This sucks. Oh well, I'll just try to get some rest and keep my diet in check.

Ironman15
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm still alive, just still sick. I'm hoping to start working out again tomorrow night. My body feels fine, but still have some what of a head cold. I'm sure I've probably lost a few pounds, mainly water with a little fat and a little muscle. Hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow. Being sick sucks. My goals are going to be a little harder to reach now, especially my weight goal. I'm probably down to 138, but I don't want to look at a scale cause it will piss me off. So I've got 7 pounds to gain in like 6 weeks. I can do this.

jordonwuff
05-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Keep up the good work, just started reading your journal and it's great motivation. A friend of mine and I are going to start a workout quite similar.

Jimmything08
05-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Damn Mike... Youre skinny. I didnt realize you were that skinny... Damn.

KevinStarke
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Haha maybe im just really immature but I just cant see the word "pood" and not laugh.

Ironman15
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Notes: Still not 100%, still have a bit of a head cold. Hasn't helped that friday I had two midterms, and yesterday I had two midterms plus a paper. So I haven't gotten much sleep the past week on top of being sick. I could fall asleep for like 48 straight hours.

Diet: Improving. Sucked while I was sick, I didn't want to eat and I wanted to sleep. But the past few days have been good.

Sleep: Has sucked. Tomorrow night I'm sleep for atleast 12 hours as I don't have class on thursdays.

Workout: Well wanted to pick up where I left off, but considering I didn't workout yesterday I did Lynne today, only it turned out to be a miny lynne. After the 3rd set of pullups I got really dizzy and decided to call it a night. However if I compare my first 3 rounds to my first 3 rounds last time I did Lynne I actually improved, which is crazy considering my lack of sleep, food and lifting the past 10 days.

Bench: 140-10,9,9(would have had 10 on last round but on the way down I hit the rack and it messed me all up)
Pullups: 23,16,17

Bench was same number of reps as last time but with 5 more lbs.
Pullups were 5 more reps than last time.

End Notes: I'm really surprised my strength increased. But I still feel dizzy. I think I'm gonna make a shake and then lay down.

Jordon: Thanks man, great to hear you can get some motivation from this.

JD: Yep, I'm skinny. About 20 lbs heavier than I was most of high school but still skinny. Granted I'm actually average weight for my height. Throw in about 5% lower bodyfat than average and my tiny bone structure and that's not too bad I guess. Still want to be around 155 though.

Kevin: lol, yea pood is pretty funny, those darn Russian measurements.

Ironman15
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Notes: The more I look around the weightroom the sicker it makes me. People really have no clue. Guy was "training" a guy and a girl. He had them doing about 20 sets of preacher curls all to failure. Another guy takes 2 of the squat racks up for doing barbell curls. One has 65lbs, the other has 75lbs. He alternates back and forth. Is it that hard to take the weight off and put it back on? And why the hell are you in the squat racks anyway jackass? Next time I'm taking a cowprod to lift. Anytime someone is doing something moronic...whammy. :bang:

Diet: Pretty decent. My sleep is ****ing my diet up some though.

Sleep: Terrible. I've got so much homework, tests, and projects going on I'm not getting more than like 4 hours of sleep at a time. **** sucks.

Workout: Pretty good.
Pullups: bw+45-5, bw+35-5,5, bw+25-5,5
Military: 95-8, 100-8, 105-8
Squats: 135-10, 185-8
Hack Squats: 135-8

Squats are close feet and deep as I can go with my feet that close. Nice and slow on the way down and exploding on the way up. Can't lift heavy with my back so I'm just focusing on intensity, explosion, and getting a good stretch. Think I'm gonna start doing 2 sets of squats and 1 set of hack squats. Then do 3 sets of squats and 2 sets of hack squats. Hack Squats don't bother my back any.

End Notes: Damn paper to write still tonight and class at 8. No sleep once again. Not sure what WOD I'm doing tomorrow. I'm ready for the weekend though. Might get a little sleep.

Canadian Crippler
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Haha maybe im just really immature but I just cant see the word "pood" and not laugh.I actually made a funny joke with this. Someone in a CF thread asked "What is pood?", so I replied with "What I just finished doing."

It got deleted.

I thought it was funny :p

Ironman15
05-05-2006, 05:04 PM
^ He said pood haha

Notes: Slept through a bunch of my classes today, lol. Oh well, I probably didn't miss much and one of my good friends is in all of the classes so I'll get the notes from him.

Diet: Alright today, woke up late and need to eat a lot more.

Sleep: Good even though it shouldn't have been.

Workout: Todays Wod, slightly modified.
5 rounds with dumbbells, increasing load each round.
5 Deadlifts
5 Hang Cleans
5 Push Presses
5 Squats

I ended up only doing the first 2 round with push presses. Past that I felt I was getting out of active recovery for my shoulders and into a hard workout, which after doing mili's yesterday I didn't want to do. So I added a 6th round to make up for it.

Here are my weights: 50lbs, 62lbs, 70lbs, 82lbs, 90lbs, 102lbs. Both dumbbells combined. I'm at my house and have a cheap set of standard weights which is why there are weird weights listed.

This was fun. I'm sweating like hell and did some kickboxing type stuff with 16 ounce gloves. Not actually punching anything just some air punches and kicks for 3 rounds of 5 minutes. I'm beat now.

End Notes: I need to eat and get some sleep as I have to get up early tomorrow. Must eat eat eat.

Ironman15
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Notes: Didn't sleep well last night. Nor did I get much sleep this weekend. That means I'll sleep for ****ing ever tonight, then I won't want to sleep tomorrow night. This cycle is killing me.

Diet: Not bad, could be better. Could always be better. Eat you bitch.

Sleep: Sucked weiners. But tonight I'll rest up nicely.

Workout:
Warmed up by biking a mile in 3:14 on mediumish setting.
Bench: 145-5, 150-5, 155-5, 160-5, 165-5
Deadlifts: 225-5, 245-5, 275-4
Bentover rows: 120-8, 130-8, 140-6

End Notes: By the last set of rows I was dead exhausted, not too mention I did all three sets in less than 10 minutes because they were closing. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow but i'll figure it out.

Ironman15
05-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Notes: Actually got 8 hours of sleep last night, but tonight I won't get crap for sleep. Gotta 3 page paper to write. Would have done it earlier but I had other homework to do. Damn I wish it was summer.

Diet: Pretty solid today. I'll be up late so i'll eat a lot more.

Sleep: Solid 8 hours last night. Already tired though.

Workout: Fran
Bumped it up to 90lbs tonight from 85lbs last time. This time done at 64% of my bw rather than the 55% for an "average crossfit male." I think next time I will go back down to 55% of my BW and try to run through it quicker.

Time: 11:16, 1 second faster than last time with 5 more lbs on thrusters. One of my friends was there though and kept talking to me, so I probably could have been a little faster.
Broken up like this:
T: 8,7,6
PU: 14,7
T: 7,6,2
PU: 8,7
T: 5,4
PU: 6,3
Then did some ab and calf work for the hell of it.

End Notes: Time to write a paper. I'd rather be sleeping though.

Ironman15
05-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Well I've been thinking about it and I've decided to change to a different type of "crossfit" work on tuesdays and fridays. As opposed to the girls and other WODS, i'm going to do the complexes seen here starting next week: http://elitefts.com/documents/mma2.htm

I think this form of gpp will benefit me a little more with the mma I plan on doing over the summer. My endurance is just terrible and this looks like it will help me build muscular endurance in my whole body. After I finish the 6th week, I will switch back to CF girls and WODS for 6 weeks and then switch back. Just keep it going like that.

The weights will be light on the second day due to having to learn the snatch properly. I'll work my way up from doing the bar and I'll practice some thursday and friday. I figure if it's light enough it shouldn't be a problem. Then once I get it down pat I can slowly bump the weight up.

Oh yea, killed that paper in like an hour. Sleepy time now.

Anthony
05-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Complexes are a lot of fun, you'll enjoy them.

Ironman15
05-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Anthony- We'll see how it goes next week, I know they're going to kill me the first few times.

Notes: Shoulders and lats were still sore today. Griffey smacked a nice 3-run homer in the 11th for the win. Fantastic game.

Diet: Not the best today. Whenever I get excess sleep my diet suffers.

Sleep: Fantastic. Got like 7 hours plus a 3 hour nap. Only problem is whenever I nap that long I can't fall asleep at night.

Workout:
Squats: 135-12, 185-8,8
Hack Squat: 140-5, 160-8
Pullups: BW+35-8,6 BW+25-8
Military: 100-8,8

End Notes: Hack Squats were too easy. Definitely up the weight next time. Shoulders were sore so I only did 2 sets of mili's. Tomorrow I plan on doing what I did last friday cause i'll be at home and only have so many lbs of weights. 3 more weeks of class and a week of exams. I can't wait. I'm ready for summer, golf, sleeping in, and ready for some mma.

Ironman15
05-21-2006, 06:36 PM
So I'm shoulders have been giving me some problems. I haven't been able to lift in over a week. I'm going to the doctor on Thursday to see whats up. On a brighter note I ordered gloves, shin guards, mouth guard, and hand wraps to get me started. Not sure what else I need that I don't already have, but I'll talk to my friend and see what he says. I'm ready to kick some ass though.

Ironman15
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Notes: I couldn't take it anymore and decided to workout tonight. My shoulders have been feeling fine the past couple of days and I wanted to workout really just to see how they would hold up. I don't want to drive an hour to the doctor on thursday if I just strained them and they are fine now. So i'll see how they feel tomorrow, that's the true test, and then I'll go from there.

Diet: Hasn't been the best. I've lost a couple of pounds the past few weeks. I need to kick it in the other direction.

Sleep: Got 11 hours last night, was fantastic.

Workout: Complex
Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Bentover Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

6 rep each, continuous sets non-stop. 4 circuits. 90 seconds rest between each circuit. I used 45, 65, 45, 45. ****ing killed me. This **** is tough.

End Notes: Shoulders held out for the workout. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Ironman15
06-03-2006, 07:54 AM
After too much time off, though my shoulders probably needed it. I did some GPP this morning. I plan on starting back into the weights on monday. I've been extremely busy with school the past couple weeks and my sleep schedule has been all jacked up. But I'm done with school on wednesday and then its summer time. Diet has sucked, but i'll regain my comosure. Anyways here's what I did.

Tire hits with sledehammer:
15 from each side
rest
20 from straight back
rest
10 from each side
rest
15 from straight back
rest
15 from each side
rest
20 from straight back

Definitely feeling it in my forearms. Can't wait to start hitting the weights again on monday.

Ironman15
06-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Ended up studying way too much this week and putting a lot of time into a project. Plus I've been moving out all week. So I worked out finally today. Pretty much did all of the workouts from my two days into this one with half as many sets. Just trying to get a workout in before I start back full time on monday.

Bench: 135-8,6
Deadlift: 135-5, 185-5
Hack Squats: 135-8
BO Row: 95-8,8
OH Squats: 85-8
Military: 85-5,5
Squats: 135-8
Pullups: 18, 10

This was all pretty much light work just trying to get back into the groove. Finish moving out tonight and then hopefully monday I start MMA, and will be back full time to lifting.

Ironman15
06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Yesterday did two hours of muay thai kickboxing. I'm sore as hell today. Today I have mma class for an hour. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to start going to my gym though until next week which sucks. But I'm probably gonna be too sore to lift this week anyways. I might do some complexes one day though with the weights I have at the house.

Ironman15
06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Went to MMA today. My body is like one giant bruise now. We worked on an arm bar from having the guy in your guard for the first 20 minutes. Then we did four 6 minute rounds of grappling from the knees, no strikes. Went against my friend first who's about 170. I think he submitted me twice. Then the next two rounds I went up against some 250 pounders. They were newer but damn it's tough going against guys almost twice your size, just cause it's hard to move them. I think the first guy submitted me twice and the last guy three times cause I was getting tired and sloppy. I sat out the last round cause I felt like I was gonna puke. I'm looking forward to going back on thursday. I'm taking tomorrow off to rest cause my whole body hurts. I've gotta get use to this stuff. Jorge Gurgel taught the class today, which was cool. Although, I'm sure I'll see him a lot considering he owns and trains at that gym.

Ironman15
06-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Been going to MMA and kickboxing classes. Still haven't lifted yet, I need to get used to the classes first cause I don't want to overtrain, so hopefully next week I'll start lifting.

Anyways, I put someone in a submission for the first time while grappling in my third class. Not really sure what it's called but like an arm-triangle from full guard. Also doing a lot better on defense, probably because I'm realizing people have the same tendencies and moves they try.

Ironman15
09-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm alive and still breathing. Just started lifting again after a few months off, not purposely though. My girlfriend of 4.5 years broke up with me the day I was going to propose. So the past few months have been bitterly depressing. I'm still somewhat depressed, but I figure I need to get back into the gym. So yea, that's whats happened to me over the summer. I've been eating well the past two weeks and starting lifting last week. I haven't settled into a set routine yet. I'll work that out starting next week. The past two weeks have just been progressively getting heavier, so I don't get sore as ****. But, i'll start updating regularly next week when I'm completely back into the swing of things.

nhlfan
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
good luck to you.

Ironman15
11-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Alright, well I've been lifting the past couple weeks. Basically just slowly working my way back up to heavy weights so I don't get sore as hell. I've been thinking about what routine to go with. I've decided to just follow the crossfit WOD's as they are posted on the website and then see how I progress 6 weeks from now. So todays WOD was: Thrusters-3,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1

Looked like this for me: 3-85, 2-95, 2-105, 2-115, 1-120, 1-125, 1-130, 1-135, 1-140.

130 felt tough as did 135, but for some reason 140 felt lighter. I must have just psyched myself up better. I was surprised I put that much up over my head after such a layoff and with the weightloss and depression.

I've picked up a fulltime job at Gold's Gym as a fitness consultant. I'm making decent money and it gives me something to do with my free time besides sit around my room and moap. So full time job plus 18 credit hours = me being busy as hell. Which is probably a good thing.

I've decided to give myself some fitness goals, to atleast give me something to look forward to and feel good about. First I want to get back up to 145lbs. That's the most important. Then work my way up from there. I also want to run a marathon, and do a triathalon, even though I suck at swimming. Granted both of those might involve some hindrance to weight lifting, I feel that those would be two cool things to accomplish in one's life.

ericg
11-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Sound slike things are back on track man. Good luck with everything.

1mmort4l
11-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Just dropped in to check out your journal IM. Nice work mate, looking good.
BL about the Girlfreind thing, that is harsh.
Good luck with staying on track.

Ironman15
11-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys

Took the day off yesterday cause the thrusters left my whole body sore as hell. I'm still really sore today but pushed on. I went ahead with yesterdays workout. 30 muscleups or 120 pullups + 120 dips. I don't have any rings so I went with the 120 pullups + 120 dips. I ended up making it to about 70 dips and 60 pullups then I felt like I was gonna puke, so I cut it short right there. I definitely need to get my stamina back up as well as everything else. I guess months of crying doesn't improve your cardio endurance, haha. Kinda looking forward to tomorrows 5k, haven't done one since I ran cross country in high school.

Ironman15
11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Ended up being at work later than I had hoped tonight, and i have two short papers to write tonight. So i'm going to skip out on the 5k for tonight and just rest and get these papers done. But I will be doing tomorrow's WOD:
21-15-9 for time of 225 deadlift and HSPU.

I will change the deadlift to 165 (comparable % of the average weight crossfit male) and sub standing mili's for the HSPU. Not sure what weight to use though.

Anthony
11-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Try elevated pushups (put your feet on a bench or a desk) instead of standing military. As you get stronger, gradually increase the elevation.