PDA

View Full Version : Really Good Low-Cal/No-Cal Salad Dressing?

Optimum08
02-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone know a place to get or any good recipes for some extremely low-cal (preferably no-cal) salad dressings? Im about to go on a 2-week PSMF cycle and am gonna eat some foliage for lunch and dinner (total carb intake for the day is about 20g including carbs from protein powder etc.) Right now my diet is at about 1220 cals and this is presuming i have some kind of palatable no-cal dressing...i don't want to go over 1300 cals...so anyone have any good salad dressing recipes/places to buy?

getfit
02-22-2006, 04:26 PM
i like this one

1 c. tomato juice
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. chopped onion
Salt & pepper
1 tsp. horseradish
1/2 green pepper, chopped fine

Put in jar. Shake before using.

kad
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I like red wine vinegar on my salads.

eatit
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
i'm a big fan of the vinegars as well. A bunch of balsamic and regular with a dash of lime juice and you're good to go.

Also don't be afraid to get creative. Just because it isn't "salad dressing" doesn't mean you can't use it to dress your salad. I enjoy soy sauce, smoked tabasco sauce, you can also do some pretty interesting things with mustard.

Also FF cottage cheese!

Optimum08
02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
i like this one

1 c. tomato juice
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. chopped onion
Salt & pepper
1 tsp. horseradish
1/2 green pepper, chopped fine

Put in jar. Shake before using.

getfit...is this low-cal/no-cal...if so do u perhaps have th breakdown?

getfit
02-22-2006, 06:13 PM
getfit...is this low-cal/no-cal...if so do u perhaps have th breakdown?
i got this from my "ALIVE" mag,i've tried it and liked it but i don't have the breakdown,sorry :(

Optimum08
02-22-2006, 10:17 PM
thanks anyway getfit...

Optimum08
02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
i'm a big fan of the vinegars as well. A bunch of balsamic and regular with a dash of lime juice and you're good to go.

Also don't be afraid to get creative. Just because it isn't "salad dressing" doesn't mean you can't use it to dress your salad. I enjoy soy sauce, smoked tabasco sauce, you can also do some pretty interesting things with mustard.

Also FF cottage cheese!

this sounds good...i do like vinegar....and mixed with some citrus juice it could be very good...