PDA

View Full Version : How about getting a list together of food items that cover 2 or more food groups?

time2grown06
02-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I'll start...

I just made a salad topped w/ stir fry chicken

the chicken breast was cooked in a pan with soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, etc...

The salad has tomatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, brocolli, romain lettuce, bananna peppers, cheeses, etc... You could also add nuts, almonds, etc... for more protein and healthy fats.

This item covers 3-4 food groups. Good protein, good carbs, and decent healthy fats.

There's no limit to the types of salads you can make.

Anthony
02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Food groups are dumb.

Salad sounds good, though.

ddegroff
02-23-2006, 10:53 AM
There's no limit to the types of salads you can make.

exactly, who cares about food groups. Those are set up by government officals on how to eat "healthy", all its for is to help our population lose weight. I'm currently minoring in nutrition and all were talking about is the new food pyarmid. Its funny all the stuff we do around here doesn't fit anywhere in there.

eatit
02-23-2006, 01:43 PM
check the recipe section

time2grown06
02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
also, you can post what food products that are good to get.

for example, Bolthouse Farms in California has a product called Perfectly Protein that has Vanilla chai tea w/ soy protein. The taste is kick ass and a bottle has 20 grams of protein, 50 grams of carbs and other vitamins and minerals. It is great for pre or post workout. I get it at the neighborhood meijer. Highly recommend it.