PDA

View Full Version : For the Love

aeckhardt
01-13-2002, 09:32 AM
So, I've decided to start a journal because I already keep track of my training and my diet, but i figured this might be even more beneficial.

So this journal is for the love of being able to change your body at free will. Furthermore, it is for the love of all those times that something related to eating or bodybuilding comes up in a conversation and you confuse people without even scratching the surface. Like, when you say the phrase healthy fat, or muscle glycogen. "Cricket, cricket,cricket. Ummmm, doh!" You haven't even begun to talk and the person your talking to is already in la la land because they don't have a clue what you are saying.

First official post comes tomorrow. I'm starting Meltdown Training on the NHE eating plan. I just finished 4 weeks of Beyond Failure Training and am feeling a little overworked. Too much clubbing, too much lovely intensity, and low carbs does not a healthy bodybuilder make. Maybe I should just take a week off.

Bodyweight is measured each morning upon rising.

~ACE~

Tryska
01-13-2002, 10:06 AM
right on! i like having discussions on insulin response. their eyes glaze over. kinda like the donut they are usually holding when i have this discussion. *lol*

aeckhardt
01-14-2002, 10:29 AM
Cardio.

No cardio yet, although I might later in the day.

Diet.

M1- 4 eggs
M2- (postworkout) 1 protein shake, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 8 cubic inches of chicken.
M3- 3 oz. of nuts (macademia, almond, pecan)
M4- 10 cubic inches of steak, 1 tbl of natty pb
M5- 4 cubic inches of chicken with cheese.
M6- 1 oz of macademia nuts

Cals: 2174 Fat: 136 Protein: 210 Carbs: 30

Overall Comments.

I feel good today. Trying to decide how long to continue on Meltdown Training and what to do when I am done. Possibly a high volume program like GVT2000?, that way I could cycle back into Beyond Faillure Training and really cause some growth.

Must eat fewer nuts!

Weight.

165 lbs. The calipers say 7% bodyfat, but I think it is more like 10%.

Sleep.

6 hours. Rough, but not as bad as expected. Instead of coming in at 6 am as thought, I came in around 4.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, T2 Pro, MD6, Calcium, Fiber.

Training.

3 circuits of:
Pull-Down - 12 X 10 reps
Squats - 135 X 10 reps
Push Ups - 10 reps
Deadlifts - 135 X 10 reps

1 Set:
Hanging Leg Raises - 10
Incline Leg Raise - 10

1 Set of straight arm short ROM pullovers in an attempt to hit Pec Minors. Thought I'd give it a try after reading this week's issue of T-Mag.

Training Comments.

So today was the first day of Meltdown training. It felt weird to switch up the tempo and slow down the concentric instead of the eccentric. We'll see if it works as it should. The intensity level was low, but only because I want to rest at least a little and i will be hitting the same muscles three more times throughout the week.

aeckhardt
01-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Cardio.

10 min. HIIT

Diet.

M1- 4 cubic inches of flank steak
M2- (postworkout) 1 protein shake, 1/2 serving of accelerate
M3- 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 15 grams of fiber
M4- 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 5 g fish oil
M5- 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 5 g fish oil
M6- 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 15 grams of fiber
M7- 1 chicken breast.
M8- Arugula salad with grilled chicken. (whoops)

Cals: 1379 Fat: 46 Protein: 199 Carbs: 25

Overall Comments.

Mmmm, well today feels good. I've decided to change eating to a little less fat and 30 g or so of carbs postworkout. I look full, abs look great, but just wanna get that last little thing on the lower abs. Can't wait to get back to a Hypertrophy routine and put back some mass on the pecs/ lats/ bi's- **** it - all over.

Weight.

164 lbs. The calipers say 7% bodyfat, but I think it is more like 10%.

Sleep.

7 hours. Long night in the city again, should just sleepover.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, T2 Pro, MD6, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

3 circuits of:
Push Press - 65 X 10 reps
Squats - 135 X 10 reps
Dips - BW + 30 X10 reps
BB Row - 115 X10 reps

2 Sets:
Hanging Leg Raises with twist - 10

1 Set of DB Bench Press just to get a little more pump, couple reps short of failure. 120 X10

1 set Reverse Flys in an attempt to slowly correct scapular winging. 20 X 10

Training Comments.

So today was the second day of Meltdown training. The circuits tired me out a little more today from lack of carbs and from bumping up intensity just a tad.

aeckhardt
01-16-2002, 08:56 AM
Cardio.

10 min. HIIT

Diet.

M1- 5 cubic inches of flank steak
M2- 4 Eggs
M3- Large salad with chicken
M4- Large salad with chicken

Cals: ?Fat: ?Protein: ?Carbs: ?

Overall Comments.

I don't know what happened to my eating yesterday. Interesting to note though that I didn't drop any weight whatsoever. I have no idea how that is possible. Today I think I'll eat more nuts becuase my body seems to react well to them. I'm considering trying a higher carb diet for fat loss, because I've been doing low carb for a long time and I don't see those last pounds coming off. Maybe next week though when I start a higher volume routine.

So the past two days have been supremo sucko for me. This is the first time I have ever screwed up on my eating. Ususlaly I get exactly what I need so this has kinda pissed me off. I would have eaten, but I was in NYC all day walking the streets with another date. God **** why does my body have to be so attractive that it makes it so easy to get dates. I mean seriously. J/k.

Weight.

164 lbs. The calipers say 7% bodyfat, but I think it is more like 10%.

Sleep.

7 1/2 hours. Long night in the city again, should just sleepover. Luckily I don't have to wake up early in the morning.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, T2 Pro, MD6, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

Training Comments.

Rest day.

aeckhardt
01-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Cardio.

5 Min. of HIIT Postworkout. I've decided that cardio isn't really all that neccesary in my life because hey it sucks the big one. Plus, I go clubbin half of the week for 6 or more hours at a time, and I don't need any more catabolic, non meal eataing times filling up my schedule considering by the end of the night I've danced my ass off and am completely dehydrated.

Diet.

M1- 4 eggs

M2 - (postworkout) 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 apple, 20 g protein shake, 15 g fiber

M3 - 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 1/4 cup of pecans, 2 bran slices.

M4 through M6 - 1 9 oz. can of tuna with 2 Tablespoons mayo. 1/4 cup of pecans

M7- 3 cubic inches of flank steak, 1 bran slice

M8 - 6 cubic inches of flank steak, 1 bran slice, 1/4 cup of pecans

M9 through M12 - 9 oz. tuna, 2 Tablespoons mayo

M10 - 5g fish oil

Cals: 2286 Fat: 119 Protein: 248 Carbs: 45

Overall Comments.

So I'm gonna try adding some fruit to my postworkout meal. It's healthy and maybe it could lower the GI/Insulin resposnse. I mean obviously I'm gonna get one considering I'm using whey and carbs, but I don't want it to be too big.

Weight.

160 lbs. Ouch. 5 pound drop in one day even after being pretty carb depleted.

Sleep.

8 hours. Finally some real sleep.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, T2 Pro, MD6, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

3 circuits of:
Pull-Down - 12 X 10 reps
Squats - 135 X 10 reps
Push Ups - 10 reps
Deadlifts - 135 X 10 reps

1 Set:
Hanging Leg Raises - 10
Incline Leg Raise - 10lbs X 10

1 Set:
name? - lie on stomach on 45% incline bench and raise dumbell to front.

1 Set:
EZ-bar reverse curls - 10 reps

Training Comments.

Traps are coming in nicely from my attempts to correct scapular winging. This should also help once I start trying to put more mass on my arms. Training today was good. Lots of heavy breathing. My body has deconditioned a little from not doing BFT for so long so these circuits are finally starting to work.

MonStar1023
01-17-2002, 10:52 AM
Looks good bro keep it up. Looks really similar to my journal haha.

:cool::cool:

aeckhardt
01-17-2002, 01:57 PM
I feel like you and I are always doing the same ****. Titan training, consistently cutting and never bulking- like idiots.

Have you tried BFT yet?

aeckhardt
01-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Cardio.
5 min. HIIT post training.

Diet.

M1- 4 eggs, 1 bran slice

M2 - 2 oz. tuna, some mayo

M3(postworkout) - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 apple, 20 g whey protein, 15g fiber, 1 cup green tea.

M4- 6 cubic inches flank steak, 1 cup green tea,1 bran slice

M5 through M7 - 9 oz. tuna, 2 tablespoons mayo

M8 - 12 cubic inches chicken, 1/4 cup pecans

M9 - 8 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil, 15g fiber

Cals: 2268 Fat: 104 Protein: 271 Carbs: 47

Overall Comments.

Looking leaner. Will start to up carbs next week to a basic isocaloric diet and jump into a higher volume routine.

Weight.

162 lbs. I think I've gained some muscle and lost fat this week on Meltdown because I look leaner, but am the same weight.

Sleep.

8 hours. Mmmmmm.

Supplements.

Training.

3 circuits of:
Push Press - 10 X 10 reps
Lunges - 25 X 10 reps
Dips - BW X10 reps
BB Row - 35 X 10 reps

Training Comments.

Good workout. Really sweated from the HIIT. I've decided to start recording my weight the way I do in my training book. The weight I write down is the weight used for one side. Be that the plates on a barbell or just a single dumbell. I find it much quicker to do it this way since I don't really care how much I put up anyway.

Mayhem, Debauchery, and Caligula(if requested).

This will be the new section of my journal where all things not having to do with training, or much less anything or a normal nature will come to light.

Such as the fact that my brother bought me the book "Everyone Poops." And i love it, and i believe that it should be included in every college curriculum.

aeckhardt
01-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Cardio.

Diet.

M1- 6 eggs, 1 bran slice

M2 - 10 cubic inches chicken w/ mushrrom and tomato

M3 - 7 cubic inches of chicken, 15g fiber, 1/4 cup pecans

M4 - 6 tuna rolls(sushi), 8 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad

M5 - 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 5g fish oil

Cals: 1776 Fat: 90 Protein: 56 Carbs: 176

Overall Comments.

Looking ab fab biatch. Will start to up carbs next week to a basic isocaloric diet and jump into a higher volume routine.

Weight.

164 lbs. I look trimmer this morning even though my weight has increased. I think all the late night protein yesterday filled up my muscle glycogen a little.

Sleep.

11 hours. Holy mother.

Supplements.

Training.

Training Comments.

"yes, rarely known, but truth be told, telletubbies have been around for thousands of years living in the Andes mountains, it wasn't until recently when a PR man's plane crashed into the mountain and he happened to be rescued by these amazing creatures that their untold bounty could be as thoroughly exploited and their then useless bodies could be thrown to the streets to make a living eating rats and turning tricks even though they don't have any sexual organs)" ~ACE~

aeckhardt
01-20-2002, 08:46 AM
Cardio.

Diet.

M1- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 7 egg white, 1 yolk

M2 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 20g whey protein, 15g fiber, 1 banana

M3 - bowl of basic four with milk, 6 egg white, 1 yolk, 1 bran slice

M4 - 1 tablespoon peanut butter

M5 - 8 cubic inches flank steak, salad, asparagus(sp?)

M6 - 3 cubic inches flank steak, 5g fish oil

M7 - 3 cubic inches flank steak

Cals: 1758 Fat: 56 Protein: 169 Carbs: 139

Overall Comments.

Looking leaner, but my size looks smaller. Especially chest area. The carbs felt wonderfull even though it was mostly oatmeal. Too bad it made me crash in the afternoon which required nap time. Mmmmm, naps.

Weight.

166 lbs. I look trimmer this morning even though my weight has increased. I think all the sushi filled some glycogen yesterday.
Sleep.

7 hours. Not too shaby.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

Training Comments.

My friend who lifts said he was happy that he had gotten rid of all urges to eat crap like snack bars. I said nice job, I've gotten rid of all urges to eat anything, I only eat what I feel is neccesary. He thought I was a little strange. He was right.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-20-2002, 03:22 PM
you ever considered totally separating fat and carbs from meals man? ie eating carbs and adding no extra fat or vice versa.

It won;t rock your world but could be significant over time.

just a suggestion.

aeckhardt
01-20-2002, 05:31 PM
Um, yeah, I thought that was what I was doing. Other than the occasional salad with fat, I never really have carbs with fat.

Where do you suggest I change? Give an example. All of the fiber and bran slices are just fiber, no other carbs. I figured that was ok and actually better because the fiber would slow digestion and therefore the insulin response from protein.

aeckhardt
01-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Monday I begin a higher volume training program for a couple of weeks.

Plus, my diet switches to an isocaloric diet. I'm gonna start with 2200 calories and go from there.

aeckhardt
01-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Cardio.
5 min. HIIT postworkout

Diet.

M1- 1 english muffin, 20g whey, 24g sugar from sweet tarts

M2 - (postworkout)- 20g whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 apple, 15g fiber

M3 - 1/2 cup oatmeal. 20g whey

M4 - 5 cubic inches flank steak, 1/3 cup almonds

M5 - 3 cubic inches flank steak, 20 flowerets brocolli

M6 - 3 cubic inches flank steak

M7 - 8 cubic inches salmon

M8 - 1 tablespoon pb.

Cals: 2170 Fat: 75 Protein: 192 Carbs: 176

Overall Comments.

Lovin how I look today. Startin to fill in, but obviously a little bloated from the caarbs. I woke up and realized I had no low fat protein in the house other than whey so I started to slap myself around and yell at myself for being an idot and then I cried. I'm trying this carbs before lifting thing to see how it works. I never really manage carbs before lifting well but I thought I might try it out.

It's later in the day and my body is really feelin tired from all the volume and carb control.

Weight.

166 lbs. Same as yesterday, but looking fuller. So who knows what happened.

8 hours. Yes. I think I'm gonna try some GNC sleep formula just for kicks.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, MD-6, T2-Pro, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

Flat Bench - 70 X 10 reps, 60 X10 reps, 60 X 10 reps
Incline Bench - 45 X 7 reps, 35 X 10 reps, 35 X 10 reps
Decline Bench - 55 X 10 reps, 55 X 10 reps, 55 X 10 reps
Fly- 25 X 9 reps

Lying Tricep Extension to Forehead (EZ-Bar)- 25X3, 15X7, 10X10, 5X10
Lying Tricep Extension to Chin (EZ-Bar)- 5X10, 10X10, 10X10
Overhead Extension (EZ-Bar)- 0X10, 2.5X10, 0X10
Reverse Grip Pushdown - 4X5, 2X5, 2X5, 2X5

Training Comments.

My weights are a little off because I don't have my log in front of me, but its close enough for now. Training today was great. I love high volume and haven't done it in so long. The carbs really kept me moving and helped with recovery between sets. I think I need to take in even more high GI before working out though.

I feel like there is nothing to eat in my house other than fat and protein. Damn that low carb methodology. Plus, I don't know what the hell to eat other than oatmeal, and possibly some rice.

Oh yeah,my father picked up the protein tub today- it's just whey, nothing else. And just looks at it confused,
Father: "What is this, whey?"
Me: " Uh, yeah, its just protein."
Father: " You know I had a friend..wah wah wah wah wah wah." Me: "Uh huh, sure thing dad."

aeckhardt
01-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Tomorrow I'm back at school so the diet is gonna get a little weird. I'm hoping I might be able to make it work even though it is not as optimal as I would like. I will probably still be eating around 7 meals a day.

It's so great to listen to what people think of how I eat. I have friends who say, " I need to start eating a little better. Maybe I should only hit the dessert cart up a little today. Just a couple cookies and a piece of cake should do it."

Oh, plus, I'm throwin my friend's ass into Beyond Failure Training. He's like 5'10 180lbs + . Is quite a beast. Has never had an organized program. God if I only had genetics like that.

aeckhardt
01-22-2002, 05:57 AM
Cardio.
5 min. HIIT postworkout

Diet.

M1-

Cals: Fat: Protein: Carbs:

Overall Comments.

Damn, I'm looking full and cut today. My chest and tri's are sore for yesterday and I love that feeling.

Weight.

164 lbs. I don't know what the deal is. I ate all those carbs yesterday, filled up my muscles, and then woke up looking full and cut. So either the carbs sparked my thyroid/ body drained some glycogen and water by morning/ or i actually burned some fat yesterday. I guess I'll find out in the coming days.

8 hours. I think I'm gonna try some GNC sleep formula just for kicks.

Supplements.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, MD-6, T2-Pro, Calcium, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Training.

Training Comments.

aeckhardt
01-25-2002, 08:15 PM
This journal is gonna become weekly because I'm back at school and don't have the time for it.

Cardio.
None

Diet.

Isocaloric

Cals: ~2500 But now I just realized it has been more like 3000. Which is all the better because that means good shiat for my metabolism foo.

Fat: Protein: Carbs:

Overall Comments.

This week has been interesting. Sorta like a bulk without too much food. I started the isocaloric and GVT2000. I feel good, a little tired, satisfied, but def. fatter than before. I'm thinking I might toy with the idea of cyclical isocaloric type diet. I'm pretty lean and could use some mass, but I just hat putting on fat. Ugh.

Weight.

172 at around 3:00 when I got to the weight room. My friends find this hard to believe because they look bigger than myself, but are only around 180.

Sleep
8 hours. I got about this much all week.

Supplements.

Training.

GVT2000. Basically 4 day split of 10 setsX 10 reps.

Training Comments.

I really love high volume except that I feel so tired by the end of the day. Maybe I should jack up the cal. OR not.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 05:07 AM
aww that's a shame dude. I like reading these journals with regular updates.

You're doing great dude. Fly the flag.

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Awwww, *tear* Maybe I'll find a way.

I think I mostly am not doing it because I am eating a less perfect diet and so I don't feel like writing it out. But, we'll see.

MonStar1023
01-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Yeah seriously that sucks that your going for a weekly journal. Was looking forward to daily edits.. oh well.

Anyway GVT is too high-volume for most.

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 10:03 AM
YEah, GVT is pretty high volume. I remember back in the day though when I was a newbie and my body coudle handle anything and still grow. I was doing like 12 sets per body part twice a week. That is just crazy volume. But, hey I grew.

We'll see though. I might try another week of GVT even though I can tell my body is a little tired already.

Any recomendations for a hypertrophy routine other than Hypertrophy SPecific Training? I don't feel like going through that long of a program since most results are in the last weeks.

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Cardio----------------------------------------------

Hmmm, well I will be clubbin tonight. So, yeah, that should be enough catabolism.

Diet-----------------------------------------------------

M1- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter(then back to bed, haha!)

M2 - 2 eggs, 1/2 cup low fat granola, 4 oz. yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M3 - 4 cubic inches chicken, 1 powerbar, 15g fiber

M4 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 bagel, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 salad

M5 - 5g fish oil

Cals: 2119 Fat: 78 Protein: 178 Carbs: 178 Fiber(not subtracted from carbs): 14 + 30 from supplements

Overall Comments. ---------------------------------------

Good thing I have been eating so many cals unintentionally because I don't think my body would be able to handle the volume without them.

I really like this isocaloric diet. I feel like it has managed my fat gain well considering my calorie overload. I want to try doing a cutting version for next week, but at the same time I really had good results from that low carb thiing I had going the last couple of weeks. Plus, I wonder if I will loose more muscle since my protein is so much lower?

Weight. -----------------------------------

I'd just like to say that I felt huge when I went to bed last night. I know soreness is not an indicator of growth, but I personally love it because it kinda lets me know my muscles are there.

Sleep -----------------------------------------

11 hours. Holy stick it in your ear, play scrabble all day long, super mundo munchiness. That's what you call sleeping.

Supplements. ------------------------------------------

Training. ---------------------------------------

GVT2000. Basically 4 day split of 10 setsX 10 reps.

Training Comments. --------------------------------------

I tried something new yesterday to supplement my shoulder training. I saw this guy doing them at my old gym who actually knows his ****. It's a lat. raise but you bring the dumbell together behind your back at the bottom of the movement. IT is supposed to create separation in the pec and shoulder muscle. I like it because it felt like there was more separation plus it gave a good pull/ pump to the very outer part of my pecs.

Mayhem, Debauchery, and Caligula(if requested).------------

I successfully convinced my dining facilities to offer oatmeal in the morning -already cooked. And it was really funny because today I was in line and I heard some girl say, " Why are they serving this stuff now?" And she then proceeded to scoop some out and let it slowly drip back into the bin from far away.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 11:42 AM
create separation in the pec and shoulder muscle?!

body fat reduction does that dude. And how did you get an outer pec pump?!

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Alright you can't take me literally. Obviosuly that separation is due to lowered bodyfat levels.

And I guess I would change outer pec pump to outer pec stimulation.

Think of it this way- When people do standing cable crossovers or whatever they are called it is for pecs. Right now stand up and with one arm do the standard crossover motion, but bring the arm all the way across the body. Feel the muscle wokring with your other hand. NOw try bringing the working arm behind your back instead. See how much more the outer part of the pec is stimulated? Of course the inner part is not stimulated as much though.

Yet, then we must consider that there are no real different parts to the pec and therfore maybe it just feels like it is getting more stimulation.

I just tried this standing thing to find a way to better explain what i had meant and now I feel like I should incorporate standing crossovers into my routine considering the stimulation my pecs are getting from this movements even without any weight.

Thoughts?

MonStar1023
01-26-2002, 01:19 PM
aeckhardt-
Nice journal bro. I am curious about an isocaloric diet. Looks promising especially when you incorporate the hypercaloric refeeds. Low-fat of course.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey aeckhardt, go with how you feel man. 90% of this game is reflected on what works for YOU.

BTW, in laymans, how do you pronouce aeckhardt?

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 05:57 PM
You pronounce it aeckhardt. Seriously though. It is Andrew Eckhardt. Eckhardt is pronounced eck - hart. Of course some have there own ways of saying it. It's the original version of all those names like Eckhart and **** that you see. They all got screwed through immigration and crap.

Go with how I feel on what? - All that crap I've been posting on your journal? - Haha.

I actually think I am going to start doing two weeks of cutting with low carb and then one week of bulking with isocaloric. I need to stay trim because I am gonna be a dancer soon, but at the same time I wanna continue putting on mass. I feel this plan will keep my body primed for growth because nutrients will really be sucked up in the high cal weeks. Plus, I am doing isocaloric because my body wouldn't be able to handle all the carbs.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 06:02 PM
What you have just described there is known as the 'ABCDE' diet.

The theory goes, bulk for 2 weeks and gain 3lbs.

Cut for 2 weeks and lose 2lb.

or something like that, resulting in net gain of weight. Lean weight.

Do a search for it. Either on here or Google.

aeckhardt
01-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah I know. I've tried it. But I wasn't planning on going so extreme in the bulks and the cuts.

I liked that diet, but not for mass gains, and damn did i feel super fat on the bulk weeks.

aeckhardt
01-27-2002, 10:29 AM

**** that ****.

Don't even ask why I did this today. No it was not a refeed. Now something on the left side of my stomach is twitching. No I am not full. God, if I didn't control my eating I would be the biggest fat ass - but at least I'd pack on the muscle. And the only reason I have only eaten this much is that I only went to the dining hall twice, well that is within 2 hours.

M1- 1 piece pepperoni pizza, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup low fat granola, 1 cup skim milk, 1 egg, 1 muffin, 1 piece toast, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 15g fiber

M2 - 1 bowl of apple jacks, 1 banana, 2 scoops ice cream, 1 oreo cookie, 2 pieces french toast with syrup, 1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

M3 - 1 cinnastix

M4 - 2 scoops ice cream, 6 cubic inches ham, 1/4 cup rice, 1 slice pizza, 2 cookies

M5 - 1 bag buttered popcorn, Teddy Grahams

M6 - Cup of Noodles

Cals: Fat: Protein: Carbs: Fiber(not subtracted from carbs):

So this morning I ate a lot. Def. was not full from it, but whatever. I'm trying to figure out a way of doing an integrated HST/BFT training. Like two weeks of HST and then BFT for one week on the failure part.

So far I can't figure out a way to do it so instead I will probably do two weeks of Meltdown training and then one week of BFT.

End of week.

7 hours.

Rest.

I ate pizza today. Did you hear me? PIZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

And great mumbo jumbo does it make me feel fat.

aeckhardt
01-28-2002, 09:22 AM

None

Alright, back on track

M1 - 4 eggs, 5g fiber, 1 cup green tea

M2 - 10 cuibc inches chicken, 1 tablespoon pb,

M3 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad, 5g fiber, 1 pickle

M4(postworkout) - 20g whey, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 5g fiber, 1 tablespoon pb, 10 cubic inches chicken, salad

M6 - 5g fiber, 1 tablespoon pb, 10 cubic inches chicken

M7 - 5g fish oil, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 5g fiber

Cals: 2117 Fat: 81 Protein: 287 Carbs: 45

Time to get cut again. I figure it should only take a week to get to where I was before.

Must...stop..eating...pb...nooooo. Gonna make it olive oil.

End of week.

8 hours.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, Calcium, T2-Pro, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Front Squat - 15X55
Dips - 15 X BW with 30lbs assisted
Rows - 15X 85lbs
Delts(rear) - 15X22.5lbs
Deadlift - 15X75lbs
Ez-Curl - 15X20lbs
Tricep Pushdown - 15X65
Lat. Raise - 15X10lbs on machine

So today I realized something. I know this is HST and all, but even looking at my past lifts, I have pretty low strength levels. MEaning I don't really throw up much weight even when go to failure for like 6-10 reps. I think this is strange too because I definitely look like I could lift more. Oh well, must be all the hypertrophy training. Maybe eventually I will get to strength training.

Plus, good lord is this low intensity. But I guess progressive overload is the key to hypertrophy so we will see. I am going to try to see if I can get good growth even while cutting by adding extra calories on the 5 rep weeks and the day of closest to failure at the end of each two week cycle. Plus, that way I can keep my thyroid chargin. If I seem to need it, I might throw in refeeds every three days like the cyclical isocaloric diet.

aeckhardt
01-29-2002, 08:28 AM

5 min. HIIT postworkout

M1 - 2 scrambled eggs, 2 egg whites, 5g fiber

M2 - 15 cubic inches chicken

M3 - 15 cubic inches chicken, salad, 1 tablespoon olive oil

M4(postworkout) - 40g whey, 10g fiber, 1/4 cup oatmeal

M5 - 5g fiber, 15 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil, 1 salad

M6 - 5g fiber, 5 cubic inches chicken

M7 - 5g fiber, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 5g fish oil

Cals: 2214 Fat: 70 Protein: 345 Carbs: 22

Looking leaner, but still full. I wonder what my weights at.

End of week.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X60
DB Bench - 15 X25
Pulldown - 15X65
Delts(rear) - 15X27.5
Deadlift - 15X85
Incline Curl - 15X5
Skull Crusher - 15X0
Lat. Raise - 15X5

Good workout, even though intensity is still low, but I really like the full body pump. This program is quite humbling.

aeckhardt
01-30-2002, 05:01 PM

2 min. HIIT postworkout. Can you tell I hate cardio?

M1 - 5 cubic inches chicken

M2 - 1 carb solutions protein bar

M3 - 15 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad, 5g fiber,

M4(postworkout) - 40g whey, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 15 cubic inches chicken, salad,

M6 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil, 5g fiber

M7 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 5g fish oil, 5g fiber

Cals: 2191 Fat: 60 Protein: 336 Carbs: 22

Weird day. Started out poorly with barely any food until lunch time. But, I am looking leaner, yet don't seem to have lost any muscle so we'll see.

End of week.

8 hours.

Front Squat - 15X65
Dips - 15 X BW with 25lbs assisted
Rows - 15X 90lbs
Delts(rear) -
Deadlift - 15X85lbs
Ez-Curl - 15X25lbs
Tricep Pushdown - 15X70
Lat. Raise - 15X8lbs

Man was that short. like 25 min. not counting cardio.

aeckhardt
01-31-2002, 07:06 AM

2 min. of HIIT postworkout. Why do I even bother.

M1 - 8 egg whites, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5g fiber

M2 - 10 cubic inches chicken, salad, 5g fiber

M3- 15 cubic inches chicken, salad, 5g fiber

M4 (postworkout) - 40g whey, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 15 cubic inches chicken,salad, 5g fish oil, 5g fiber

M6 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil, 5g fiber

Cals: 2102 Fat: 50 Protein: 359 Carbs: 24

Hmmm. So I just realized that I should be eating around 30% carbs to get the effect of the 15's and 10's in the HST routine so tomorrow I jump back on the isocaloric bandwagon.

It's Thurs. but I hopped on the scale anyway. I'm at 168lbs. Usually when I low carb I fluctuate about 10lbs in water weight. I think all this super high protein has keep glycogen stores kinda full though. I look trimmer. Oh yeah, but the low intensity of HST definitely did not help to strip off any fat.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X 75
DB Bench - 15 X 60
Pulldown - 15X 70
Delts(rear) - 15X 30
Deadlift - 15X 95
Incline Curl - 15X 8lbs per side
Skull Crusher - 15X 5
Lat. Raise - 15X 15lbs on machine

Low intensity-sheesh. I like the way this looks, but the low intensity is just not doin it for me.

aeckhardt
02-01-2002, 09:21 AM

M1 - 1 cup oatmeal, 4 egg white, 5g fiber

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salad

M3 preworkout - .5 bagel, 1 servings sweet tarts, 1 slice banana bread,

M4(postworkout) - 20g whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 1.75 cups cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salad

M6 - 5 cubic inches chicken,

Cals: 2025 Fat: 74 Protein: 163 Carbs: 168

Diet went sucky after working out. The grill at school wasn't open so I had to eat cottage cheese. That limited me later. I had two more meals planned with fish oil, etc. I feel good though.

7 hours.

Front Squat - 15X95
Dips - 15 X -15
Rows - 15X 95
Delts(rear) - 15X 30
Deadlift - 15X 105
Standing Curl - 15X 30
Pressdown - 15X 75
Lat. Raise - 15X 10

Mmm, short, but the intensity is getting greater, mostly in the squats and deads. I might have to drop lat. raises next week. Or just stay at the same weight. I figure I won't need to progress because their load is progressing through the other movements.

aeckhardt
02-02-2002, 02:57 PM

Dancing this evening.

M1 - 4 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal

M2 - 10 cubic inches chicken, salad,

M3- (preworkout)- 1 serving sweet tarts, 1/2 bagel, 1/2 slice banana bread

M4 (postworkout) - 20g whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 5g fiber

M6 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 10g fish oil,5g fiber

Cals: 2039 Fat: 77 Protein: 169 Carbs: 158

Mmmm, stale bagel. Very stale bagel, kinda tasted like pretzel.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X 100
DB Bench - 15 X 70
Pulldown - 15X 75
Delts(rear) - 15X 35
Deadlift - 15X 115
Incline Curl - 15X 10lbs per side
Skull Crusher - 15X 10
Lat. Raise - 15X 20lbs on machine

My workouts are relaly fueled now with all the carbs. I especially like what these workouts are doing to my bi's.

aeckhardt
02-03-2002, 11:01 AM

M1 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal

M2 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatemal, 1.5 eggs, 5g fiber

M3 - something crazy from Friendlys. It had shrimp, ribs, and chicken. The Shrimp and chicken was battered.

M4 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 10g fiber

9 hours.

aeckhardt
02-04-2002, 07:47 PM

None.

M1 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal,5g fiber

M2 - 1 apple, 5 cubic inches roast beef

M3 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad,5g fish oil

M3 (preworkout) - 12 tuna sushi rolls

M4(postworkout) - 20g whey, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 7 cubic inches steak, 1 salad, 5g fiber, 1 tablespoon olive oil

M6 - 2 tablespoons pb, 5g fiber, 5g fish oil

Cals: 1965 Fat: 71 Protein: 156 Carbs: 171

I like the way I look, but I'm not lookin any leaner, so hmmmm.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 15X 105
Dips - 15 X BW
Rows - 15X 100
Delts(rear) - 15X 37.5
Deadlift - 15X 125
Standing Curl - 15X 35
Pressdown - 15X 80
Lat. Raise - 15X 12

Workouts are gettin more intense. I'm trying to decide whehter to go three days or the full six.

Hmmm. This isn't quite debauchery, but its funny. I'm sorta helpin my friend get started in lifting. The other day he said he didn't want to take any protein powder becuase tennis season was coming up and he didn't want to be huge. Oh jesus you can tell where this went. If it made you huge wouldn't I be huge? It's just like a liquid piece of chicken! He's definitely gotten to sucked into the claims of supplement companies.

Hmmm. This isn't quite debauchery either, but it is caligula. The other night when I was in bed, not alone of course. It was requsted that I, hmm, how do i say, "I want you to **** me so bad." Yeah that should pretty much explian the situation. But, of course my **** nuts ass didn't have a condom handy. So, oh well.

The only debauchery I might be able to provide is that the director of spiritual life came to our management class today to give a speech on ethics. How bout dat jimbo? Exctin huh.

heathj
02-04-2002, 07:48 PM
I'd like some debauchery please.

aeckhardt
02-04-2002, 07:52 PM
Some debauchery huh? I'll see what I can whip up.

Alex.V
02-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Get a room, you two.

aeckhardt
02-05-2002, 05:18 PM

Dancing this evening.

M1 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber, 5g fish oil

M2 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 salad, 1 tablespoon pb, 1/2 cup pasta with tomato sauce

M3 - salad with chicken

M4(preworkout) - 2 servings sweet tarts

M5 - 20g whey, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5g fiber

M5 - 1 biscuit, 1 piece cornbread, 10 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad, 1 tablespoon pb

M6 - 2 tablespoons pb, 5g fish oil, 5g fiber

Cals: 2089 Fat: 77 Protein: 180 Carbs: 161

Thinkin of doing a refeed tomorrow. Hmmmm.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X 115
DB Bench - 15 X 80
Pulldown - 15X 80
Delts(rear) -
Deadlift - 15X 125
Incline Curl - 15X 12lbs per side
Skull Crusher - 15X 15
Lat. Raise -

Becoming more intense. I didn't do side raises or rear delts cause my traps felt a little sore and I thought my shoulders could use a break.

aeckhardt
02-06-2002, 04:41 PM

M1- 1 bagel, 1.75 bowls of cereal, 1 tablespoon jelly, 2 egg whites

M2 - 1 bagel

M3 - 2 cups pasta with tomato sauce, 2 pieces cinnamon raisin bread, 2 pieces cornbread

M4 - 2 cups pasta with tomato sauce, 5.25 bowls cereal,

M5(postworkout) - 20 whey, 2 servings smarties

M6 - 2 cups pasta, 2 pieces cinnamon raisin bread, 1 piece sponge cake with icing,

M7 -1/2 cup cottage cheese, 8oz yogurt

Cals: 3671 Fat: 35 Protein: 164Carbs: 676

I'm gonna explode!!!! So yeah today was my refeed. I dont' know how I used to eat this many cals. Maybe it was the fact that most of them usually wern't carbs. I am stuffed.

Thinkin of doing a refeed tomorrow. Hmmmm.

ALso, I'm losing fat, but I think I have gained some muscle in these past two weeks. Interesting. Very interesting. I wonder how much i weight right now.

5 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X 135
Dips - 15XBW
DB Bench - 15 X 90
T-Bar Rows - 13 X 100
Pulldown - 15X 85
Delts(rear) - 15X40
Deadlift - 15X 145
Standing curl - 15X45
Incline Curl - 15X 15lbs per side
Pressdown - 15X85
Skull Crusher - 15X 20
Lat. Raise - 15X12

Much longer workout than usual considering the double sets for each bodypart. I felt it would be better to do this and then rest a day before the most intense day just so my body could, um, er, rest. YEah, that's it.

Holy **** am I in love with these new T-bar rows that Chris Mason does. I think he is the one. ANyway, I could just feel it in my lats and everywhere and ahhhhhhhhhh, what a beautifull thing.

This guy in the gym today who is actually pretty big. (Although looking quite tubby after break.) Was doing something new that he never does. IT was a cross being deadlifts and SLDL's. I couldn't tell what he was doing. Just terrible form. ANd his negative in the exercise was like 1 sec. long so the weight kept coming crashing down. Weirdness.

MonStar1023
02-06-2002, 04:44 PM
aeckhardt-
Yeah bro those t-bar rows are EXCELLENT. Its funny that I used to do them back in the day in my basement. Never really thought much of them other then a substitute for t-bar rows. They do hit your back like crazy. Almost like an all-around GREAT movement. Freeweight, good isolation, heavy weight, etc.

:thumbup::thumbup:

aeckhardt
02-07-2002, 08:53 AM

M1- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 egg white, 1 egg

M2- 5 cubic inches chicken, .75 cups yogurt, 5g fish oil

M3 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal

M4 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 2 slices bread, 1 tablespoon pb

Wow, kinda looking lean today. I'm surprised considering what I ate yesterday.

9 hours.

So the other day my significant other and I got in a fight. But, of course we made up and then had crazy wild romping time. Uh, ahem. That's all I have to say. You don't want to know any of the details. *

*This caligula was sponsored in part by Tryska. (Cut to tv commercial - "Oh Tryska, I couldn't have done it without you!!") Thank you.

Tryska
02-07-2002, 08:57 AM
i'm in the mood for some caligula.....

aeckhardt
02-07-2002, 09:12 AM
WEll you not gettin any fuckin caligula, got it!!!!

Just kiddin, check out todays post.

Tryska
02-07-2002, 09:16 AM
hee hee. Ace. :thumbup:

thank you.

aeckhardt
02-08-2002, 04:26 PM

Maybe I should just get rid of this section.

M1- 2/3 cup yogurt, 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 tablespoon pb

M2 - 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup granola, 5 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil, 1 salad

M3(preworkout) - 1 bagel

M4(postworkout) - cup oatmeal, 20g whey

M5- 1 cup tuna fish,2 tablespoons mayo, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 salad,

M6 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 5g fish oil

Cals: 2030 Fat: 73 Protein: 168 Carbs: 169

It's evening and I look good. Strangely not as thin as when I was 166 a couple weeks ago, but def. more muscular. SO, I don't know what the deal is with that.

166lbs

10 hours.

Front Squat - 15 X 145
Dips - 15XBW
DB Bench - 15 X 100
T-Bar Rows - 13 X 110
Pulldown - 15X 90
Delts(rear) - 15X45
Deadlift - 15X 165
Standing curl - 15X50
Incline Curl - 13X 20lbs per side
Pressdown - 15X90
Skull Crusher - 15X 30
Lat. Raise - 15X15

Nice workout.

aeckhardt
02-09-2002, 09:55 AM

Maybe I should just get rid of this section.

M1- 1.75 cups cottage cheese, 1 english muffin with cheese and egg, 3 eggs, 1 muffin, 1/2 cup oatmeal,

M2 - 2 slices bread, 3/4 cup tuna fish with mayo, 8 cubic inches chicken, 1 small scoop ice cream

M3 - 1 apple, 1 tablespoon pb

Cals: 2205 Fat: 92 Protein: 175 Carbs: 166

So I think I've been holding so much water becasue of all the cottage cheese. Big breakfast today in anticipation of not eating many meals.

166lbs

10 hours.

aeckhardt
02-10-2002, 11:25 AM

I walk to the dining hall? Is that enough?

M1- 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 chicken, 2 eggs, 5g fiber

M2 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons pb, 20g whey, 5g fiber

M3 - 2 tacos, 1 piece apple pie, lotsa ice cream, some refried beans ( Hmmm, that was unexpected)

Cals: 2612 Fat: 110 Protein: 151 Carbs: 254

Mamasita do I overthink everything way too much. SO here's the deal- I feel like I'm gaining muscle, but the fat is just not coming off on this cyclical isocaloric diet. So ahhhh. Maybe it's because my intensity on HST is not very high, maybe its the fact that I'm not doing cardio, but I mean sista, I was doing cardio a couple weeks ago when I was only hittin up 30 carbs or so a day so hmmm. Should I drop the carbs. Ahhhhhhh. Anyway, I think this coming week I'm gonna do a Beyond Failure Week even though I have a cough comin on, but I don't think its anything bad cause i only feel it in my throat.

Oh and I hate weekends because I can never eat the way i want, my fuckin dining hall doesn't serve chicken and then I go binge for some reason.

166lbs

10 hours.

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 01:11 PM

Ooo oooo, HEY LOOK OVER HERE!!!! I did two sprints today after working out. It took me 2 min. That's a huge amount of cardio for me, I mean, phew, I should just take the rest of the damn week off.

M1- 1 cup paella, 5 cuib inches chicken

M2 - 2 balance bars

M3(postworkout) - cup oatmeal, 20g whey]

M4 - 1 piece quiche, 5 cubic inches chicken, 3/4 cup pasta with tomato sauce

M5 - chicken parm with a litle pasta.

Cals: 2307 Fat: 87 Protein: 184 Carbs: 168

My body never seems to become ravenous for food, but maybe I just am blocking it out. So, I will not be able to do refeed just on instinct.

I don't know, but surprisingly lookin lean. Later in day -or maybe not.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 10 X 95
Leg Extension 10X80
Leg Curl 10X70
Dips - 10XBW +5
DB Bench - 10 X 70
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 95
Pullover - 10X 50
Overhead Press 10X5
Lat. Raise 10X5
Deadlift - 10X 115
Standing curl - 10X5
Incline Curl - 10X 8
Pressdown - 10X95
Skull Crusher - 10X 20
Calf Raise - 10X45
45 degree raise - 10 X8

All lbs are excluding the bar.
Good workout today. Finally someone else in the gym is doing SLDL's and DL's.

I'm trying HST with 3 days a week instead of 6 now. I figure it might give my body more time to rest and supply more intense of a workout.

Guess who got in a car accident. Luckily the other guys fault, but still, **** does it take up time.

Tryska
02-11-2002, 01:15 PM
5 cubic inches of chicken? what does that equal in ozs? and why are you not measuring your chicken by weight?

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 01:35 PM
I use cubic inches because I know how much protein is in one piece and I use fitday so its easy to guestimate. But, I guess I could use oz's when refering to chicken I eat in the dining hall. So its about 3oz. for every 5 cubic inches.

Tryska
02-11-2002, 01:37 PM
i did not know that.

i'm gonna keep that in mind from now on.

thanks!

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 01:40 PM
You can send the check for $5000 to:

Your Mother
Box 1193,
Hasan Chop, MA

And just think, you could guesstimate using inches for all meats etc.etc.

Tryska
02-11-2002, 01:45 PM
well i use the deck of cards thing when i m,easure meats..so i guess it's almost the same thing. mamma. ;)

Blood&Iron
02-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Just a comment, but it seems your calories are kinda high given your weight. Although I see it fluctuates a good deal. I'd try to keep it the same every day, at around 12-13cal per lb of bodyweight on dieting days. Not that I know anything about being lean. I'm still porky as hell, but the CID is working better for me than anything else I've ever tried. I'm hoping I can at least get down to about 10%bf given another 2-3 months. For me this would be a HUGE accomplishment(Let's just say I'm very endomorphic by nature.)

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey your right, usually I try to keep it at about 2000, but the weekends kill me plus I threw a refeed in last Weds.

I kinda have a hold on what calorie level works well for me it just changes a little when I change my approach. Keep going though, I remember when I was where your at and didn't think I could get leaner, but then I woke up and was lookin ripped. And like you I'm classicaly endomorphic.

MonStar1023
02-12-2002, 12:10 PM
aeckhardt-
I just read through your journal and why were you doing the HST style training every day? Thatll definitely be overtraining if you ask me.. your 15-rep range days were consecutive. Unless you just posted them on different days or something. Oh well. Good luck bro. You incorporate an entire day carb-up rather then just a meal?

aeckhardt
02-12-2002, 12:41 PM
MS, I did six days a week because I only did one set per bodypart. So, by making it six days a week with one set it is the same volume as three days a week with two sets. Bryan mentioned this was a feasible idea on his website and in posts.

And I incorporate carb up days because that's what I thought refeeds for leptin levels were supposed to be, not just a meal. One meal won't affect leptin levels. It needs to be at least 24-48 hours of refeed time.

aeckhardt
02-12-2002, 12:46 PM

M1- 2 tbls pb, 5g fish oil,5g fiber

M2 - 1/2 cup tuna, 1 tbls mayo, salad, 5g fiber

M3 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 1 salad,5g fiber

M4 - Teriyaki chicken sub(I had no choice, ahhhhh)

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken, salad, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M6 - 2 tbls pb,

Cals: 1668 Fat: 89 Protein: 151 Carbs: 69

Trying low carbs for a day since no training. Possibly will be doing this from now on inbetween sessions. Hmmm so today's eating really sucked the big one.

Lookin good. lookin good

9 hours.

N/A

N/A

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 03:19 PM

Oh silly me. That's what I forgot to do. Or did I just not do it?

M1- 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal,

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken, salad, 1 apple

M3 - 5 cubic inches chicken, salad, 1/2 vegan sandwich

M4(preworkout) - 25g smarties

M5(postworkout) - 1 cup oatmeal, 20g whey

M6 - salad, little bit of tuna

M7 - 10g fish oil, 1 tbls pb

Cals: 1846 Fat: 65 Protein: 153 Carbs: 154

Hmmm, gonna keep doing this low carbs inbetween training days. I like the way it is going. And then isocaloric on training days, at least in the 10's. Once I get lower reps I will lower my carbs due to decreased insulin sensitivity from the stress of lower reps. Aight?Peace

Lookin seximuch.

9 hours.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, Calcium, GNC sleep formula, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

Front Squat - 10 X 105
Leg Extension 10X75
Leg Curl 10X85
Dips - 10XBW +8
DB Bench - 10 X 80
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 100
Pulldown - 10X 95
Overhead Press 10X25
Lat. Raise 10X8
Deadlift - 10X 125
Standing curl - 10X10
Incline Curl - 10X 10
Pressdown - 10X100
Skull Crusher - 10X 25
Calf Raise - 10X50
Rear fly - 10 X55

Switched up pullovers for pulldowns, and rear flys for 45 degree raise.

Slowed down the intensity even though it was all ready like a 401. So, it was more intense today.

I ate a vegan sandwich today. I swear I'm going to hell. My boy Jesus is gonna be so mad at me. We kinda made this pact thingy, about hating vegans and wanting to only eat meat and then I go and do this ****.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 05:35 PM
aeckhardt-
Workout looks good bro. What are your stats out of curiosity? And what type of gains have you made so far with HST? How often are you carbing up? What supplements are you taking during carb-up?

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey, my stats are ******* all over the place depending on what I do from week to week plus I gain like 10 pounds of water at least during carb ups. I guess I am approximately 5'11'', 170lbs, 10% bodyfat. So far I have only made minimal gains on HST because I have been cutting plus the growth is mostly supposed to happen in the low rep weeks. But, I have seen some growth so whatever.

I carb up when I feel the need. Probably about once a week, but it will be more once I get to lower bodyfat levels.

The only supplements I take during carb ups are the same ones I always take - fiber, multi, calcium, L-arginine, sometimes L-Glutamine.

I got some of the GNC sleep formula the other day. How much do you take for a noticed affect?

I will be posting a pic at the end of HST, that is, if I like my abs.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 08:18 PM
I am taking 1 GNC Sleep Formula before bed. Damn you get a GREAT night's sleep!!

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 08:28 PM
HAha. I know, my schedule for classes rules!

aeckhardt
02-14-2002, 02:17 PM

N/A

M1- 10g fish oil

M2 - 1 cup chicken salad, salad, 5g fiber,

M3 - 10 cubic inches chicken, salad

M4 - 1 low carb MEt-Rx bar, a couple almonds

M5 - 10 cubic inches chicken, salad

M6 - 5 cubic inches chicken, salad

M7 - 10 cubic inches chicken, 5g fiber

Cals: 1764 Fat: 74 Protein: 243 Carbs: 2

Low carbs today. ALthough that kinda sucks cause I need some size for clubbin tonight. Ah well, there's always next week.

2 tons. And a paperclip.

10 hours.

Multi-vitamin, fish oils, Calcium, GNC sleep formula, Fiber, fiber, and mmmm more fiber.

N/A

N/A

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-14-2002, 03:47 PM
Dunno why, but i'm lmao@your weight!

aeckhardt
02-14-2002, 03:57 PM
My weight or the weights I lift cause I guess you could laugh at both. Ahhh, well.

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 06:32 AM

2 laps after lifting.

M1- 1.75 bowls apple jacks with skim milk, small pecan roll(shoulda skipped), 1 raisin bagel with jelly

M2 - 7g sweet tarts

M3 - 1/2 cup granola, 1 cup milk, 2 slices raisin bread, 1 vegan sandwich on foccacia bread

M4 - 1 cup pasta with tomato sauce, 1 vegan sandwich on foccacia bread,

M5(preworkout) - 24g sweet tarts

M6(workout) - 24g sweet tarts

M7(postworkout) - 24g sweet tarts, 2 cinnamon graham crackers, 20g whey

M8 - 1 raisin bagel

M9 - 1 large plate of angel hair pasta, 4-5 pieces bread, bruschetta, 1/2 piece of chocolate mousse cake(which is relaly like one piece)

M10 - bread sticks, sweet tarts, graham crackers,

Cals: ~4000 Fat: ~66 Protein: ~125 Carbs: ~723

Refeed today. I am in love with foccacia bread.

I went to the Cheesecake Factory and ooo weee! I only ate half my mousse cake, but I figure thats ok cause i was stuffed and they are twice as big as any normal pieces.

Lookin flat from the no carbs. Later- Lookin better and not too flabby.

4 hours.******* ****. I got back from the club at 3 and could only sleep restlessly till 7. God damn it. Although I'm not tired now.

Front Squat - 10 X 115
Leg Extension 10X80
Leg Curl 10X90
Dips - 10XBW +10
DB Bench - 10 X 90
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 105
Pulldown - 10X 100
Overhead Press 10X60
Lat. Raise 10X10
Deadlift - 10X 135
Standing curl - 10X15
Incline Curl - 10X 12
Pressdown - 10X105
Skull Crusher - 10X 30
Calf Raise - 10X55
Rear fly - 10 X60

Good workout. Chest feels stronger.

I have sinned again. I ate another vegan sandwhich. It's just this damn bread they put it on, it's so good and they heat it up too. Ahhhhhh. I'm sorry, will you still be my friend?

And again. Ahhhh.

MonStar1023
02-15-2002, 06:38 AM
aeckhardt-
Damn bro you need to keep your sleep up! Other then that things look good. I have my carb-up meal tonight... damn I cant wait!!!

:D:D

Bought my spaghetti, 32 oz. Gatorade, and Ben & Jerry's lastn night..

Tryska
02-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by aeckhardt

4 hours.******* ****. I got back from the club at 3 and could only sleep restlessly till 7. God damn it. Although I'm not tired now.

you and me are on the same page bud. :(

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 06:41 AM
Let's see, 10 hours of sleep or 4 hours, 10 hours...4 hours............ ....10 hours............................................................ 4 hours, yeah I think I'd rather have 4 hours because that way my body has plenty of time to rest and yet I'm not in a catabolic state to long.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Cause that's not the dumbest claim ever.

Tryska
02-15-2002, 06:43 AM
i din't consider that sleep. i considered it a powernap. of course i was so tweaked form the various stimulants i ingested that i don't think it could be considered a nap either. i closed my eyes for 4 hours.

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 07:01 AM
Ooo and you have brought me to page 4. Bong! And the gods have smiled. Bong!

I know what you mean, I will be napping all damn day. Especially in class.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2002, 09:44 AM
haha i was laughing at the 2 tons and a paperclip weight.

aeckhardt
02-16-2002, 12:20 PM

M1- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 eggs

M2 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5 cubic inches chicken, 5g fiber

M3 - 4 pork ribs, .75 cups lasagna, 4 cubic inches cod

M4 - 1/2 cup oatmeal

M5 - 5g fish oil

Cals: 1660 Fat: 75 Protein: 128 Carbs: 116

So yesterday I ate a ton of carbs, but was still left rather flat. I don't know what the deal is with that. Maybe it is because I didn't eat much protein. TOday just sucks. Lets leave it at that because I don't wanna go into explanation.

166lbs I weighed in yesterday during my carb up. I'm not surprised this is so low because I didn't look very full anyway.

9 hours.

MonStar1023
02-17-2002, 01:04 AM
aeckhardt-
Maybe try adding some ALA or specific carb-up supplements to your carb-up days bro. Like 300 mg. ALA with every meal. That would seriously help you feel more "carbed up" and full.

aeckhardt
02-17-2002, 10:19 AM

M!- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 egg, 4 egg whites

Gone to COnn. till tomorrow evening.

Hmm, I don't know but I like the way I look this morning. Leaner, but full. I finally filled out by late evening yesterday. I really think the low GI carbs like oatmeal are utilized better by my muscles than those other carbs. I always feel pumped after eating oatmeal. Plus I'm lookin good after clubbin all last night. Ahh, cardio, my love.

8 hours.

aeckhardt
02-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Been away at Conn. until now. Lookin trim, was 162 last time I weighed myself. I'm gonna figure out some way to fit in the sets I missed today. We'll see.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 04:48 AM
aeckhardt-
How long does it take for you to feel the effect of your carb-up day bro? Because now I am eating a small carb meal before bed too. Trying to really make the most of my insulin and leptin hormone levels.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 06:56 AM
WEll see that depends. Some days it takes me until lunch time in my carb up day and other days it takes me until the next day. SO, right now I am playing with different carb types to see what works best. I think what works best for me are starches. But, we'll see with more experimentation.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 01:09 PM

I did one sprint today. I'm proud of myself. Hahaha.

M1- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 egg

M2 - 1 salad with 2 cubic inches chicken, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M3(preworkout) - 24g sweet tarts

M4(postworkout) - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 20g whey

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 cup pasta with tomato sauce

M6 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon pb

M7 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 2 tablespoons pb

M8 - 10g cish oil

Cals: 1748 Fat: 60 Protein: 143 Carbs: 155

Def. refeed tomorrow.

9 hours.

Front Squat - 10 X 125
Leg Extension 10X85
Leg Curl 10X95
Dips - 10XBW +12
DB Bench - 10 X 100
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 110
Pulldown - 10X 105

Deadlift - 10X 145
Standing curl - 10X20
Incline Curl - 10X 15
Pressdown - 10X110
Skull Crusher - 10X 35
Calf Raise - 10X60
Rear fly - 10 X65

Good workout. I took out most shoulders for today since I will be working out tomorrow. I didn't feel like having them get overtrained.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 01:14 PM
you like the front squats?

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 01:20 PM
This routine is the first time I have done front squats and I have found that I like them. The reason is that when I do squats I mostly feel it in my hamstrings, so my quads weren't getting any work unless I did presses or extensions.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Why are you only doing 30 lbs. skull-crushers and 15 lbs. standing curls bro?

:confused::confused:

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Well first off I'm not all that strong. I look big, but I have never relaly trained for strength. Second off my arms are my worst body part. Third off, those weights are not considering the weight of the bar. So for skull crushers add 15lbs and for bi's add 45lbs.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 03:33 PM
aeckhardt-
Okay bro thanks I didnt know that you didnt add the bar weight. My fault. I was just wondering bro because I would have guessed you to be a lot stronger since you know your sh*t.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks. Plus you need to consider I have only been training for about a year and a half.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 04:38 PM
aeckhardt-
No way really? My fault bro!

:eek::eek:

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 04:46 PM
no way what? The training? Yeah, I guess you could say between starting and now I have spent a lot of itme researching and reading everything possible.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 09:19 PM
I have decided that on my normal eating days I am gonna try something new. Over the past couple weeks there have been a couple times when I have had carb only meals and I liked what they did to my body. So, I am gonna try doing protein/fat meals and only carb meals. This is sorta food combining, which really has no basis, but we'll see. Plus, Don Lemmon has his crew eat this way so why not try it out.

Marcel
02-19-2002, 09:37 PM
You have Don's book? I do.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 09:50 PM
No I don't. Wish I did, but I have overheard some basic ideas of it. Wanna share anything with me?

Is it basically you eat meals that are either carbs or protein/fat. Can eat 2 protein/fat meals in a row but not two carb meals. All meals 2-3 hours apart.

My only question is postworkout.

Marcel
02-19-2002, 09:53 PM
carbs post-workout.

You got the basics though. Were did ya learn this from?

Marcel
02-19-2002, 10:00 PM
The workout part sucked though...he said 3 times one week 2 times the next week full-body workouts. 1 set to failure. I tried that and got smaller despite the fact I ate more then ever!

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Yeah but what did you think of the diet recommendations. I saw a quick note on it on another board. Obviously not everything about it was said due to copyright laws,etc.

So carbs and no protein like whey or anything?

Marcel
02-19-2002, 10:15 PM
carbs and no protein although oats and whey are ok SOMETIMES.

I eat that way even now cuz I follow NHE and still my pro/fat is separated from carbs so that is ACE!

Marcel
02-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh and the book is worth the money imo.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 10:22 PM
even though the routine sucked ass?

Marcel
02-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Yes because their is sooooo much more to the book...he gives out sooo many different tips on diet and supps. The book is 300 pages long. He claims to of have gotten to 270 pounds LEAN with visible abs ALL-NATURAL at a heigth of 5'10'' or 5'11''! i dunno about that though...

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Marcel / ackhardt-
What book are you guys talking about? Some guy got to 5'10" 270 lbs. all-natural. Yeah I might believe that... hehe. What book is it though?

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 08:18 AM
Nevermind "Know How" I guess is the book. I have heard good and bad things about it. I am probably going to stick with NHE though.

Marcel-
Since you own both NHE and Know How whatd you think of both? Also what diet do you think works better etc.? Do both books share similar principles?

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 10:20 AM
aeckhardt-
Also another quick Q... when you make the change from the last workout of the 15-rep range, to the first workout of 10-rep range, do you keep the same weight? For example if my 15RM is +35 for dips, should I start with +35 for dips for the start of my 10-rep weeks?

:help::help:

aeckhardt
02-20-2002, 10:29 AM
No, you adjust for the 10's. Do the same thing as with the 15's. Start at your 10 rep max and work backwards. It doesn't matter if you first couple workouts are lighter weights than the 15's.

aeckhardt
02-20-2002, 10:47 AM

I might do some today.

M1- cup lucky charms w/skim milk, cup golden grahams w/ skim milk, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 piece french otast with 2 tablespoons syrup, 2 pieces raisin cinnamon bread

M2 - chicken burrito with 1/2 cup rice,

Etc. etc. I'm not writing all this hsit down.

Doing my refeed. Need more water.

8 hours.

Front Squat - 10 X 135
Leg Extension 10X90
Leg Curl 10X100
Dips - 10XBW +15
DB Bench - 10 X 110
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 115
Pullups - 10XBW
Shoulder press - 10X70
Lat. Raise -10X15
Deadlift - 10X 155
Standing curl - 10X25
Incline Curl - 10X 20
Pressdown - 10X115
Skull Crusher - 10X 40
Calf Raise - 10X65
Rear fly - 10 X70

NIce intensity.

aeckhardt
02-21-2002, 01:28 PM

6 min. HIIT before first meal. Plus clubbin tonight.

M1- 5 cubic inches chicken, salad, 1 piece bread, 1 tablespoon pb

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1/2 cup lasagna, 1 banana

M3 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon pb, 5 cubic inches chicken

M4 - salad, 1 sweet potato, 5 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken

M6 - 5g fish oil

Cals: 1525 Fat: 48 Protein: 135 Carbs: 140

Feelin good. I have lost some of the growth I had in the 15's, but this is just because that was only water/ glycogen growth from the high reps and volume, it had nothing to do with actual muscle growth.

I'm just not hungry at all today.

8 hours.

aeckhardt
02-22-2002, 09:27 AM

I might do some today.

M1- 1 powerbar

M2 - 1 apple, 2 tablespoons pb, 1 vegan sandwhich on glorious foccacia bread, 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 cookie

M3(postworkout) - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 20g whey, 25 g sweet tarts

M4 - 1 cup pasta with tomato sauce, 5 cubic inches scrod, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, heaping salad,

M5 - 2 tablespoon pb

It gets ugly here cause I went to a diner.

M6 - 2 pieces french toast, 2 fried eggs, hash browns, 2 pieces toast,

Cals: 2726 Fat: 94 Protein: 146 Carbs: 333

Feeling fat. After workout- looking awesome. Next week comes the 5's baby. I'm gonna lower the carbs and up the fat/protein. I will be eating a little over maintenance now.

For some reason my eating is just fucked today.

6.5 hours.

Front Squat - 10 X 145
Leg Extension 10X95
Leg Curl 10X105
Dips - 10XBW +20
DB Bench - 10 X 120
T-Bar Rows - 10 X 120
Pullups - BW+5 X10
Shoulder press - 10X80
Lat. Raise -10X15
Deadlift - 10X 165
Standing curl - 7X30
Incline Curl - 10X 25
Pressdown - 10X120
Skull Crusher - 10X 45
Calf Raise - 10X70
Rear fly - 10 X75

Take into account for 5's that I couldn't do 10 for standing curls.

Very tiring workout but now I feel so full.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:05 PM
you do 110 pound dumbell presses? or 55's? how much do you weigh?

aeckhardt
02-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Haha. I do 55's so together they are 110. I should change that. I weigh 170

Marcel
02-22-2002, 01:23 PM
oh shiat i was about to say! yea i use 65's and i weigh 180 but i always take a glance at those 110's and think of the day when i will be able to press those for 10 reps...

LOL i remember when i used to think i cant wait to be able to put 45's on the barbell to bench it!haha.

aeckhardt
02-22-2002, 03:04 PM
I know exactly how you feel. The really weird thing is that my first year lifting I was doing super high volume, each bodypart twice a week and at one point I was lifting 75's for 10 reps+.

Of course I attribute that to the tribulus + creatine I was taking at the time. That tribulus really gave me a boost.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Why did ya stop taking da tribulus? That's some herb huh? boosts test up correct? How old are you right now?

aeckhardt
02-22-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm 19. I stopped taking it because of the cost. Also, I find that when I take anything that raises my test it gives me acne and a serious temper. I kinda pride myself on not having a temper at any time, so hmmm.

I am thinkin of trying some Mag-10 though. And I would take creatine, but I always go to clubs with my shirt off so the water retention isn't exactly helpfull.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Cool. I'm 18. Right now I'm cutting...trying to get ripped like Tadger! Trying to lose the least muscle possible of course.

Yea that Mag-10 shiat is so tempting. Cuz I mean I would do everything I do now, add more calories and get to work out more..can it get any better!?!?! Don't wanna mess with that stuff yet though.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:52 AM
What is Mag-10?

aeckhardt
02-23-2002, 10:53 AM
MS, didn't you ask this once? And I gave this response, " MS, I thought you were on the whole t-mag.com bandwagon. Go check it out, its supposed to be like a steroid without all the drawbacks, and of course not the same exact results. Or like a really powerfull andro that works, as opposed to andro's."

aeckhardt
02-23-2002, 04:49 PM
So today I have been incredibly full since the diner last night.

M1 - 4 eggs

M2 -1/2 chicken, salad

M3 - 11 almonds, 2 tablespoons pb

M4 - 1 atkins bar, 20g whey

M5 - 5g fish oil, 1 tablespoon pb

Calories: 1314 Fat:76 Protein:122 Carbs: 17

Tryska
02-24-2002, 10:08 AM
well forgive me for making an assumption. i read SO to = gf. caligula makes so much more sense now. *lol* ;)

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Haha, i know what you mean.

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Diet

M1- 1 large omelet with veggies and cheese, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5g fiber

M2 - atkins bar,

M3 - 2 tablespoons pb

M4 - cup sliced turkey, cup tuna fish, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1 slice mayo, salad, 5g fiber

M5- 5 chicken wings

M6 - 5 cubic inches hcicken, 10g fish oil, 5g fiber

Cals: 2298 Fat: 136 Protein: 226 Carbs: 21

Overall Comments.

Weight.

Lookin flat from the low calories yesterday.

Sleep

7 hours. :redface:

Supplements.

Training.

N/A

Training Comments.

N/A

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 10:22 AM
Haha when I look at your journal I always feel like I am reading one of mine, like an old one or something.

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 10:26 AM
That's because I got it from you tiger!

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 10:37 AM
Looks good though bro.

... How is HST coming along? You just finished your 10-rep weeks right? I have all my weights laid out now for my 10-rep weeks. Loving the program so far! Thinking about not working out for 7-14 days after the program then starting all over again with 10-rep weeks.

Hehe started your 6th page.

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 11:00 AM
HST is going well. Now that I'm on the 5's the real growth should start. I'm lowering carbs, upping protein, and upping fat. This is because I just feel better eating this way and the heavy weights will lower my insulin sensitivity so I'm lowering carbs.

In regards to the downtime when the program is over, consider some variables first. After doing your last week of negatives, if you feel that your strangth is still peeking and you have it in you, just keep doing more two week cycles until you feel you need the time off. Also, you don't need to take the week off unless either you feel you need it, or your muscles have your hardened up and become tough. If that has happened then take the week off to allow for some detraining.

I have always had less dense muscle mass, like it is there, just not densely. But, already it is hardening up for me, so I'm happy with the way things are going.

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 11:04 AM
aeckhardt-
Okay bro.. good luck with the 5-rep weeks. Ill be checking out your journal.

aeckhardt
02-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Diet

M1- 3 eggs

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken

M3 - 2.5 tablespoons pb, 5 cubic inches chicken

M4 (postworkout)- 25g sweet tarts,20g whey

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 cup pasta

M6 - 6 cubic inches steak, 2 tablespoons pb

M7 - 5 cubic inches chicken, salad with another 5 cubic inches chicken

M8 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M9 - 1 atkins bar

M10 - 20g whey

Cals: 2444 Fat: 106 Protein: 262 Carbs: 87

Overall Comments.

Too much pb, not enough chicken. I ran out of protein late in the day. So ****.

Weight.

Lookin good, lookin good. Los some water, muscles not flat yet.

Sleep

9 hours

Supplements.

Training.

Squat - 5 X 135
Leg Extension 5X95
Leg Curl 5X100
Dips - 5XBW +12
DB Bench - 5 X 100
T-Bar Rows - 5 X 100
Pullups - BW+5
Overhead Press - 5X15
Deadlift - 5X 145
Standing curl - 5X20
Hammer Curl - 5X 10
Pressdown - 5X125
Skull Crusher - 5X 40
Calf Raise - 5X70
Rear fly - 5 X75

Training Comments.

Man o man do I love 5's. I changed up incline bi's for hammer curls cause I haven't been gettin that lump on the side of my bi's that hammer's always give me. Changed overhead press to barbell

aeckhardt
02-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Diet

M1- 4 eggs

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 5g fish oil

M3 - 15 cubic inches chicken

M4 - 5 cubic inches chicken,

M5 - (postrunningt) - 20g whey, 5g fish oil

M6 - 10 pork ribs, mmmm.

M7 - 10 cubic inches chicken

M8 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1 pb
Cals: 2468 Fat: 108 Protein: 329 Carbs: 22

Overall Comments.

So tired from running. Ate too many damn ribs.

Weight.

Lookin full once I got some protein in me.

Sleep

9 hours

Supplements.

Training.

I no longer have a cardio section so this has to now be added in here. Today I was forced into cardio. Can you believe that. I did ******* cardio. And 20 min. to boot.:omg: So there.

Training Comments.

I bet I'm gonna be beat to **** tomorrow.

Mayhem, Debauchery, and Caligula

I have brought back this section due to the request of someone on these boards. I have decided to attack this area of my journal with a new vigour and life as yet unseen by its puny girlyman existence before.

So, to begin I thought I might clarify these terms in case you were unaware of the meanings. For further referance consult my source; www.dictionary.com.

may∑hem Pronunciation Key (mhm, mm)
n.
Law. The offense of willfully maiming or crippling a person.
Infliction of violent injury on a person or thing; wanton destruction: children committing mayhem in the flower beds.
A state of violent disorder or riotous confusion; havoc.

-Here we find some interesting definitions. The first of which was unknown to the author of this journal. The usage that has been predetermined for the journal would be that of the third meaning.(general havoc)

de∑bauch∑er∑y Pronunciation Key (d-bŰch-r)
n. pl. de∑bauch∑er∑ies

Extreme indulgence in sensual pleasures; dissipation.
debaucheries Orgies.
Archaic. Seduction from morality, allegiance, or duty.

-Well I think we all know which meaning most like to use for this word so no further explanation will be given.
- Here is a link to the top ten sites listed for debauchery through Ask Jeeves http://dictionary.directhit.com/dictionary/search.php?qry=debauchery

Ca∑lig∑u∑la Pronunciation Key (k-lgy-l), Originally Gaius Claudius Caesar Germanicus. A.D. 12-41.

Emperor of Rome (37-41) who succeeded his adoptive father, Tiberius. After a severe illness, he displayed the ruthlessness, extravagance, and megalomania that led to his assassination.

-Now of course this does not help because you need some background. Not only was Caligula a great ruler, but he also liked wild crazy parties, usually filled with more than the recommended RDA amount of sex. So, I and a couple others I know use the word not to describe the man Caligula, but instead as an adjective, sometimes a noun, and rarely as a verb.

For all those who love smiley faces, we can sum it all up like this:
:alcoholic::moon::hump::hump::dj:

Tomorrow we will discuss the meaning of megalomania in the definition for caligula.

Now onto some actual comments: So today in my dining hall, the dinner theme was Black History Month. So what do they serve, fried chicken, cornbread, and watermellon amoung other things. So, could they be more PI. Not that I car, I love cornbread and ribs.

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Diet

M1- 3 eggs, 4 egg whites, 5g fiber

M2 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 5g fiber

M3(postworkout) - 25g sweet tarts, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 20g whey

M4 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 2 cubic inches cod, 1/2 cup tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo.

M5 - 5 cubic inches chicken

M6 - 5 cubic inches chicken in salad

M7 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 2 tablespoons pb

M8 - 10 cubic inches chicken,

Cals: 2162 Fat: 83 Protein: 273 Carbs: 65

Overall Comments.

Sore right leg from yesterday. My body looks fabulous. I have dropped my excess water, am full from all the protein, and am starting to drop some of the fat. Superbo.

As toad from Mario Bros. would say, "Ahoooooooooooo!!!"

Calories were too low today.

Weight.

Lookin as full as I was on carbs, but much flatter. Gotta love it.

Sleep

8 hours - tossed and turned.

Supplements.

Training.

Squat - 5 X 145
Leg Extension 5X100
Leg Curl 5X105
Dips - 5XBW +15
DB Bench - 5 X 110
T-Bar Rows - 5 X 110
Pullups - BW+8
Overhead Press - 5X20
Lat Raise - 5X12
Deadlift - 5X 155
Standing Curl - 5X15
Hammer Curl - 5X 15
Pressdown - 5X130
Skull Crusher - 5X 45
Calf Raise - 5X75
Rear fly - 5 X80
Shrugs - 5X60

Training Comments.

Super day. Nice short workout. Excellent feeling.

Mayhem, Debauchery, Caligula

Interesting to note: I was 30 min. late for a meeting today and I missed the part of the meeting where the CEO discussed punctuality at meetings. So, ****.

Tryska
02-27-2002, 06:48 AM
*lol* your dining hall is hilarious. i can't believe they even went with the watermelon.

baha.

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 07:25 PM
aeckhardt-
How are your 5-rep weeks going bro? I just started the 10-rep weeks and I am loving it! I am thinking that my body will handle the 10 and 5-rep weeks a lot better.

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 07:43 PM
My five rep weeks are interesting. I lost some of my sarcoplasmic hypertrophy(i think that is the name for it) the hypertrophy that comes from high volume/ high reps which is just water and ****, no actual muscel growth. But, I feel like these 5's are gonna be great. I'm really lovin it so far.

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 07:46 PM
aeckhardt-
I am not too sure how you feel about HST overall, but I personally think HST makes working out so much fun. I dont know why I just look forward to my HST workouts like CRAZY! More than ever before in my life.

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 07:51 PM
I feel exactly the same way. I can't wait to get into the weight room. I never get bored. I never get over tired. I never feel worn out. And I am getting results.

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 07:52 PM

... What kind of results are you getting? Curious.. definition? Strength? Mass?

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Strength is up, mass is up although I have not weighed I know I have at least filled out some. All this while eating under maintenance.

Marcel
02-27-2002, 10:30 PM
cornbread!

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 04:11 AM
aeckhardt-
Excellent bro. Keep it up. Congrats on the gains so far.

... Afterwards are you going to take some time off working out to strategically decondition your body nd start another HST cycle?

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 08:06 AM
Only if I feel I need it. We'll see when the time comes.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Diet

M1- 15 cubic inches chicken, 1 tablespoon pb

M2 - 7 cubic inches turkey, 1/2 cup tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo

M3 - 5 cubic inches chicken,5g fish oil, 2 tablespoons pb

M4 -10 cubic inches chicken, 1/2 cup tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo

M5 - 1.5 cups tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo

M6 -20g whey, 5 cubic inches chicken

Cals: 1939 Fat: 73 Protein: 293 Carbs: 10

Overall Comments.

My plan for the next two weeks is to keep eating the way I am. Low carb, high protein, moderate fat. On training days I'll just eat some carbs on top of all that.

Once I hit the 5's / neg. I am gonna do what I am doing now, but refeed on every non training day. I figure I workout better on low carbs, plus the high intensity of the max 5's with negatives for every workout should burn any fat I might add from the refeeds since I will be running on fat by that time. Plus, the refeeds might add some muscle. Technically I will be eating a surplus of calories.

Of course, that's two weeks away. It might change by then.

Weight.

If only mama could see me now.

Sleep

7 hours - tossed and turned.

Supplements.

Training.

N/A

Training Comments.

N/A

Going clubbin tonight. Definitely have a very large exam tomorrow, but I got it covered. Tonight will def. be full of debauchery, non shirt dancing, and general caligula.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 05:03 PM
aeckhardt-
I am wondering what your bf% is like bro? Because looking at your eating its hard to believe you have any at all.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 05:36 PM
It's like 9 or 10 I think. I haven't tested it recently. Why would you say that about my eating though? I am currently attempting to add mass while eating low carb since my body likes functioning this way better and i feel better. I'll take some pics once I get a camera I can use.

aeckhardt
03-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Diet

M1- 3 eggs, 4 egg whites,

M2(postworkout) - 20g whey, 25g sweet tarts, 1/2 cup oatmeal

M3- 10 cubic inches chicken, 1.2 cup tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo

M4 - 5 cubic inches chicken, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M5 - 6 oz. tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo

M6 - 1 cup tuna, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 ribeque thingy like you get in cafeterias, 1 tablespoons pb,

M7 - 5 cubic inches chicken

Cals: 2628 Fat: 119 Protein: 301 Carbs: 68

Overall Comments.

Calories too low yesterday and the day before that. I just forget to eat sometimes cause I'm not hungry. Good level of calories today all though I could have spread out M6 a little more. I just knew I didn't have nay more food outside the dining hall.

Weight.

Lookin flat today, I need to eat some protein.

Sleep

4 hours - Huge exam this morning after clubbin last night leads to little sleep for pookie bear.:redface:

Supplements.

Training.

Squat - 5 X 145
Leg Extension 5X105
Leg Curl 5X105
Dips - 5XBW +20
DB Bench - 5 X 120
T-Bar Rows - 5 X 120
Pullups - BW+10
Overhead Press - 5X25
Lat Raise - 5X15
Deadlift - 5X 165
Standing Curl - 5X20
Hammer Curl - 5X 20
Pressdown - 5X135
Skull Crusher - 5X 50
Calf Raise - 5X80
Rear fly - 5 X85
Shrugs - 5X65

Training Comments.

Good day, relaly love these 5's. I'm gonna get rid of the reverse fly's. My traps and upper back are getting too much work. Plus, I love these for rear deltoid but they are starting to hurt. I have scapular winging and when I do these flys my scapular bone kinda pinches the skin next to my spine. :cry:

So maybe I shouldn't share this, but whatever. I went clubbin last night. I wore these jeans that I have from halloween. They are all ripped and **** to look 80's style, aight? SO yeah, they look pretty fuckin sweet, and then I cut em so that they are low riders. And then, ooo, scandolously I freeballed. Mmmm, I know, so wrong? So anyway, they were a huge hit and they look ******* amazing on me so its all good. God, can you imagine doing such a thing in a straight club? Oh and I was shirtless.:angel:

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Diet

M1- 3 eggs, 3/4 cup cottage cheese

M2 - 1 cup tuna, 2 tablespoons mayo

M3- 15 cubic inches chicken

M4 - 2 cups pasta with meat sauce, 2 breadsticks, ceasar salad, 2 cups juice

M5 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese,

Cals: 2291 Fat: 81 Protein: 202 Carbs: 185

Overall Comments.

So, um, **** in regards to today's eating. And I gotta remember to take my ******* fiber. Once again eating on this campus is fucked because of the damn selections. The last meal is gonna be eaten when I get back from clubbing tonight.

Plus, tonight I went to my friends to eat before clubbing. He made spaghetti. So what am I to do? Well, I ate 2 cups worth, 2 breadsticks, and some salad. Plus, he didn't have any water and the tap water was really dirty so I had to just drink juice. At this point I figured it was gonna be a shirtless night, but once I got to the club and took a look I was pleasantly surprised. I was looking incredibly full and not bloated at all so I look even better than planned. The non bloatage was probably due to the lower water intake.

Weight.

NOt lookin as trim from all that food yesterday.

Sleep

8 hours. I have decided to start listing how many times I wake up because I do a lot. So, last night I woke up once to go to the bathroom.

Supplements.

Training.

Clubbing.

Training Comments.

Clubbing was excellent.

Alex.V
03-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by aeckhardt

So maybe I shouldn't share this, but whatever. I went clubbin last night. I wore these jeans that I have from halloween. They are all ripped and **** to look 80's style, aight? SO yeah, they look pretty fuckin sweet, and then I cut em so that they are low riders. And then, ooo, scandolously I freeballed. Mmmm, I know, so wrong? So anyway, they were a huge hit and they look ******* amazing on me so its all good. God, can you imagine doing such a thing in a straight club? Oh and I was shirtless.:angel:

bahahaha. At least they weren't cut-offs. Get hit on by any guys?

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Get hit on by any guys? Obviously! I had to tear em off me.

Which kinda brings me to my next dilema. I need to put on some mass because all my life I have been cutting. But yet, recently I have been given the opportunity to be a dancer at some of these clubs. SO hmmm, I have to stay cut, but put on mass without steriods. This is the ultimate bodybuilders problem. So ****. And I want to dance cause it would be fun and it pays really wel considering I would already be at the club and dancing the same way, just not on a box. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!1

Alex.V
03-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Well, it's very possible to put on mass and stay cut.... your gains will be somewhat slow, and keeping a strict diet may be a pain in the ass, but... depends. How much $$ we talking for this dancing gig?

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Well then could you give me a diet outline that I could do that with. I am currently attempting to do so and as you can tell by my journal if need be I keep a very strict diet. I almost enjoy it. I will take any supplements except steroids.

We are talking $100 a night to stand on a block and dance like I normally do. And all the skin I have to show is to be shirtless. Oh, and the clubs here are only open for about 4 hours. Probably only 2 of which I would actually be dancing. So I figure that is a pretty good deal considering I already pay money to go there.

Alex.V
03-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Not a bad deal... how's your weight going with your current diet? Can probably tweak it a little bit, let you put on a bit more lean mass.

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:39 AM
Hmm, my weight is at about 163. I feel like my current style of doing low carbs while a little over maintenance would work, but I am never sure considering all the hype about needing carbs to grow. But I figure having about 50g right after lifting would be enough. Any suggestions.

Where would you tweak if you were me? Oh and consider I will soon be in the negatives of HST so this should be a high growth period if I eat enough.

Alex.V
03-02-2002, 11:42 AM
Well, you'd need more than 50g in my opinion, if you're lifting. you're going to be breaking down protein just to replenish glycogen stores. I'd slowly taper them up... go to 75 grams for a few days, 100grams for a few days, etc. See how you feel.. if you start feeling/looking soft, back down a bit. See what that does for your energy levels/weight. hard to know exactly how your body will react, so it's up to you to experiment. You can still stay lean while eating more carbs. :)

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:43 AM
If I was eating carbs I would probably be around 168-170.

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I don't deal wel with carbs. That is why I was basically using protein to restore glycogen.

I'll give it a go though since I could use some more carbs in these coming weeks. So I'll lower fat a little and up carbs a little.

What did you think of my previous idea of low carbs on training days and then refeeds in between with only maintenance+10% on the refeeds?

aeckhardt
03-02-2002, 11:53 AM
So maybe I'll throw in 25 more to start with some oatmeal at breakie. That would be a decent time to do it.

aeckhardt
03-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Diet

M1- 2 bowls cereal with skim milk, 1 bagel with jelly, 1 muffin, 1 cup pasta with meat sauce

M2(post running) - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

M3 - 15 cubic inches steak, some vegan crap

M4 - 6 oz. tuna, 1 tablespoon tuna

M5 - 20g whey

M6 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Cals: 2112 Fat: 51 Protein: 198 Carbs: 207

Overall Comments.

Lookin and feeling fabu today. I swear I already posted for today.

Weight.

Lookin sextastic.

Sleep

8 hours. Woke up once.

Supplements.

Training.

20 min. running - I was forced into it.

Training Comments.

For dinner I ate this really bloody steak and a bunch of stir fry vegan ****. The cooks thought I was crazy.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:05 PM
"M1- 2 bowls cereal with skim milk, 1 bagel with jelly, 1 muffin, 1 cup pasta with meat sauce"

Damn bro thats one hell of a breakfast! Hehe you eat all of that in one meal?

aeckhardt
03-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Yeah I ate all that and wasn't even close to full. I had to stop myself.

If I could eat as much as I felt like in a day I would eat like 4,000 or so calories just cause I felt like it, not cause I was bulking or anything.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Damn I thought my appetite was incredible.

aeckhardt
03-03-2002, 09:16 PM
Hmmm, that gets me thinking, maybe I should bulk till May. HST would really pack on the pounds. Hmm, what supplements would help. Creatine, .......any other new **** that won't screw up my hormonal balance once I cycle off?

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:27 PM
aeckhardt-
I guess youre asking me what supplements would help with bulking? I would suggest creatine and glutamine peptides, along with whey protein, and thats about it.

5g creatine and 5g glutamine peptides postworkout, along with 30-50g whey protein with around 100g carbs.

aeckhardt
03-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Well your like the supplement king, plus you never really use prohormones so I knew you wouldn't suggest crap that I wouldn't use.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 10:28 PM
aeckhardt-
Bro I am just going based on what personally has worked for me. I am not going to recommend something that I have tried and seen bad results with. I never (wasted) used money on prohoromones. But who knows. Some people claim they work.

aeckhardt
03-04-2002, 09:52 AM
Diet

M1- 2 tablespoons pb, 7g fish oil,

M2 - 5 pieces meatloaf

M3 - carb solutions bar

M4(postworkout) -25g sweet tarts, 20g whey

M5 - 7 small ribs,

M6 - salad with 5 cubic inches chicken

M7 - 15 cubic inches chicken

M8 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Cals: 2358 Fat: 109 Protein: 278 Carbs: 44

Overall Comments.

Bad start to the diet, but lifts are great.

Weight.

Sleep

9 hours. Woke up once

Supplements.

Training.

Squat - 5 X 160
Leg Extension 5X110
Leg Curl 5X1115
Dips - 5XBW +25
DB Bench - 5 X 130
T-Bar Rows - 5 X 130
Pullups - BW+12
Overhead Press - 5X30
Deadlift - 5X 180
Standing curl - 5X25
Hammer Curl - 5X 25
Pressdown - 5X140
Skull Crusher - 5X 55
Calf Raise - 5X90
Shrugs- 5X70

Training Comments.

Holy **** nuts! I just realized today what weight I am using for deadlifts. I used 50lbs more today than I have ever used at this rep range and it was still incredibly easy. Plus, considering I have not been eating a large amount of calories this is ******* huge. HST, you can be my sugar daddy for free. Don't know what a sugar daddy is? - just ask and I'll tell.

Mayhem, debauchery, and caligula

I had to listen to a lecture by Susan BOrdo today. She is the author of The Male Body and Unbearable Weight. All the topics discussed were cool, but it just got annoying after awhile. All that talk of skinny images in advertising and its adverse effects on society. Ugh!

aeckhardt
03-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Diet

This section will soon be taken out of my journal. Thoughts?

Overall Comments.

I have decided my eating habits are not healthy mentally. SO I have decided to just start eating whatever i want as long as it is not too unhealthy. Thoughts?

Weight.

Lookin flat.

Sleep

8 hours. Woke up once.

Supplements.

Training.

Training Comments.

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 02:45 PM
aeckhardt-
Looking good bro. Congrats about the +50 lbs. on your deadlift weight. Thats really impressive. Are you going to be doing another HST cycle after you finish this one?

aeckhardt
03-05-2002, 02:53 PM
I probably will although I'm nowhere near done with this one.

pr3
03-05-2002, 03:01 PM
A, what is HST? And how much weight have you gained with it?

aeckhardt
03-05-2002, 03:03 PM
Jesus, where have you been the past couple weeks. HST is Hypertrophy Specific Training. Do a search and then check out www.thinkmuscle.com

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 03:03 PM
pr3-
HST is Hypertrophy Specific Training, a program that aeckhardt, myself, and a few other WBB members are currently doing an keeping online journals of. Check it out at www.thinkmuscle.com..

pr3
03-12-2002, 10:06 AM
A, what's going on? Either you quit working out or too much mayhem going on in your life right now!

Update this!

aeckhardt
03-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Awwww, boo hooo! I guess I could update, of course no eating will be updated. I'll do this later tonight though. I just figured since I wasn't eating perfectly I just had to get away from the journal atmosphere for awhile. Give my mind a break so I don't develop some sort of disorder. And oh is there a lot to update.

pr3
03-15-2002, 09:30 AM
dude man...no fun with no mayhem...waiting on you...

MarshallPenn
03-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Andrew - Still doing HST? I guess you're in the 5's? Question, do you feel any signs of overtraining coming on?

I did my last workout of the tens, and that night I couldn't fall asleep til 4:30AM. To mean that means CNS abuse. I was really feeling it during the 10's. Shaking and all.

Now I'm about to start the 5's today, but noticed that I can't get a very good contraction at all in my biceps when I flex. Feeling more in the joint. This feels like it's starting to venture back in to the unhealty aspects of my old routine.

Hoping the lighter week of 5's helps.

aeckhardt
03-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Diet

Diet my asss. I'm eatin whatever I want.

Overall Comments.

I'm back, thought I might give some updates. I'm lickity schplit lovin HST.

Weight.
will weigh tomorrow

Sleep

It's been really really crappy this week. See debauchery section, ahem.

Supplements.

Training.

Tomorrow, couldn't today.

Training Comments.

Mayhem, debauchery, and caligula

Ahhh, mi favorito. So much to tell. For one there is a new boy in my life and I think I might be settling down. I mean I'm gettin on being 20 now, I need to think about marriage and kids, ya know.

Here is a copy and paste of my AOL profile, funny shiat. I mean, palabra yo.

I found this site while looking for online dictionaries other than www.dictionary.com. I was looking for the definition of dork(whale's penis) unfortunately www.dictionary.com only had "penis" as the definition.

But anyway, back to the funny ****, here is the site:
http://www.laughpit.com/dictionary/

And my fav. def.:
Whitey-{WiteE} The person keeping the brothers down. "I blame all my problems on da whitey man, he be keepin' me down every way he can."

Palabra yo.
Oh **** this is even better:
http://www.dorkoftheday.com/dorkive.asp?dorkmonth=feb02