PDA

View Full Version : Dave Gulledge

eatit
02-23-2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.midwestbarbell.com/totalelite/index.php?showtopic=1110

This may be old news to some but i thought i'd bring it up for anyone who hasn't seen it. Things like this reassert how basic building muscle and then getting is. Eat a ton build strength and size then eat very little for a while and voila. If you read through to where he posts his work outs it's all super basic with few isolations and look at dem muscles!

What i found really interesting was his "strict dieting" phase in which he basically more or less had no fat or carbs. It was more or less a PSMF. (look built: no fats ;) )

Shao-LiN
02-23-2006, 05:56 PM
What i found really interesting was his "strict dieting" phase in which he basically more or less had no fat or protein. It was more or less a PSMF. (look built: no fats ;) )

No fat or PROTEIN? Do you mean no fat or carbs?

eatit
02-24-2006, 01:03 AM
wooops, big mistake there. Edited that.

Silverback
02-24-2006, 03:11 AM
No fats?

When I would do a two week diet phase a day might look like this:

4 protein shakes a day consisting of 2-3 scoops of protein powder and 1 tbsp of flax oil. One meal a day I would have a few eggs with turkey and cheese

I see fats in the form of flax oil and cheese?

Clifford Gillmore
02-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Nice fats to boot.

eatit
02-24-2006, 09:11 AM
well, the tablespoon of flaxseed would be around 13 gs. (for the EFAs right?) a few eggs i assume means 3-4 which is only another 12 gs. and some cheese, he doesn't say what kind but let's use fitday here and assume he's eating a cup of unspecified cheese (a cup is a lot of cheese) that's only another 30gs.

for a total of 55 grams of fat. That's pretty damn low if you ask me.

smalls
02-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I diet fairly low fat as well. But both I and he dont have to worry about fats effect on hormone production, so that is one issue others may have a problem with. Also, how he reacts to a diet shouldnt be the deciding factor in that diets efficacy. Everyone reacts slightly different and may find an approach that works better than others.

But that guy looks amazing.

smalls
02-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Having now read the entire post I see he only restricted his diet to a modified PSMF style for short time periods. The rest of his diet time was more around these totals.
"4400 kcal. 477grams of protein, 306 grams of carbs, and 140grams of fat."

WildCard
02-24-2006, 12:53 PM
All I can say is DARN