PDA

View Full Version : PB&J Sandwich pre-workout?

gator
02-23-2006, 04:46 PM
100% whole wheat bread
natty PB
sugar free jelly

Would this be a good preworkout meal? I'm on a cut and can't eat this now, but just wondering if I could add this in for my bulk in 3-4 week.

Or If I were to add a glass of milk and some whey could this just become a regular meal in my diet? because the PB would slow down the whey.

Shao-LiN
02-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I give you permission to eat the food.

the doc
02-23-2006, 07:00 PM
i myself dont like eating fatty food (such as PB) before a workout as higher fat foods tend to reside in my stomach for a longer time. I like something such as pretzels, bread, or half a baked potato

Built
02-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm with the doc on this one - a little bit of fat with my protein and starch I'm okay if I eat it at least an hour before training. But a big whack of fat (PB) and carb (bread) with very little protein? Not for me.

gator
02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
hmm is there anywhere I could add this type of meal into a bulking diet? It seems like it might be kinda hard since it's high in fat and carbs and genearlly your not supposed to mix the two, especially if your experimenting with a carb cycling diet like I am. .

Built
02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I prefer not to most of the time out of comfort, but you can try it if you like.