PDA

View Full Version : My Fitday...please critique.

BostonBull
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
I have joined at fitday. I am probbly missing a little bit of activities but nothing that will make a huge difference.

Please be as harsh as you'd like. I am trying to get stronger and maybe put on 10 lbs of lean mass. I know I will probably shoot up to 205-210 and then cut back down. Is my diet really dirty? Any suggestions on food for throughout the day? I like snacking on things rather than big meals.

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=BostonBull

Built
02-23-2006, 05:32 PM
You could use some more fat (natty PB?)

Don't bother tracking your activities on fitday. Just use it for the food. The rest of those things are just crap.

Anthony
02-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Don't bother entering activities. Fitday is good for tracking calories, but useless for tracking activities.

I won't spend too much time going over your food choices, since I don't know your tastes/habits/etc. But you'll do well if you stick with meat, veggies, fruit, nuts, and seeds. I like milk too. :D

As for the numbers, protein looks okay, carbs ... okay, fat is definitely too low. Get some cashews or almonds in there and bring your fat up to at least 100g total.

BostonBull
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
OK so I CAN eat cashews? they are my favorite nut, I was just worried they wouldnt be good for anything besides bulking.

My biggest probelm, which I am trying to curb, is eating at night. At around 7-8 I get real hungry for sweets. I eat cookies ice cream pies, bakery stuff like no tomorrow. I have curbed this for the most part since joining thegym last week.

How are strawberries and fat free cool whip? what is the cut-off for before bed intakes? If I go to bed at 9:30-10:00......8:00 cut off?

Thanks for the help you two!

Anthony
02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Strawberries are better than cookies!

I eat before bed, always have, always will. :D

Built
02-23-2006, 05:59 PM
I ate my last meal just before bedtime all the way through my cut.

Save some food for bedtime.

Figure out when you're hungry, and plan accordingly.

I like cottage cheese and a little fruit at bedtime - how about cottage cheese with your strawberries? If you want, you can blend the cottage cheese, add a little vanilla and splenda. Tastes kinda like cheesecake.

BostonBull
02-23-2006, 06:08 PM
That doesnt sound bad built. I use 4% milkfat cottage cheese though. I gain weight pretty easily so I try to watch my carbs and fat. Not saying i cut them out completely but...........

So Anthiny you are saying stick to all whole foods instead of processed man made things?

The cookies I eat arent all that bad they are the new whole grain ones from nabisco.

I like to have a large fiber intake at least 25 grams a day if not more.

What about my calories where should I try to keep them at?

Built
02-23-2006, 06:14 PM
You'll probably find real food more satisfying than processed food on a cut.

The cottage cheese thing is good with some nuts and a handful of berries. Kept me sane last cut.

What are your calories now?

BostonBull
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Depending on how good I am between 3 and 4 thousand....I know I know a lot of cals. But I do a very physical job so a lot of them get burned. I eat 3 big meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have protein shakes and snacks throughout the day. Should i trade snacks for protein shakes to shave some calories?

Built
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't care how many cals you eat, but 3000 - 4000 is quite a range. What are your maintenance cals? Once you know this, read the link in my sig for your answers.