PDA

View Full Version : Eating alot in a little time

blackdogstrut
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I got a new job a few weeks ago. its part time im working 20-30 hrs a week, but on top of a full high school schedule I have had very little spare time lately. My question is, considering my spare time is ususally in the evening for an hour or two, and at night after 9, when Im not even hungry, just tired... how do I still eat alot?
Ive been trying to eat alot in that little time I have, but its really not working. Im not ever hungry and its hard to force myself to eat.
And im skinny!! 175lbs at 6'0"

getfit
02-24-2006, 01:05 PM
have some cottage,nuts,fruit,natty pb

time2grown06
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
make shakes w/ alot of stuff in it.

I just had a shake with grapes, kiwi, cantaloupe, melon, pineapple, apple, strawberries, olive oil, milk, orange juice, whey protein, and yogurt....a lot of good food and it goes down fast.

blackdogstrut
02-24-2006, 07:26 PM
i dont/cant/wont eat fruits and anything with sugar in it

Ironman15
02-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Diabetic? I'd suggest cottage cheese, natty PB, and milk. Or you could make a shake with a protein powder of your choice(you can find some with no sugar), milk, natty PB, oats, olive oil. You can easily get 1000 calories from that.

eatit
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
i dont/cant/wont eat fruits and anything with sugar in it

considering you're trying to get the most bang for your buck here (due to limited time) the question is: why the hell not?

If you're trying to bulk up you want lots and lots of calories. Fruit is a good and nutritous way to get those calories.

But if you really want pack it in sit around with some whole milk and a jar of natural peanut butter and eat until you feel like puking (no really).

Also, unless your highschool doesn't have any time between class and your job doesn't let you bring thermos (pack a protein shake with you) then i don't see how you can be "too busy". Granted it won't be comfortable stuffing/chugging five hundred calories in the five minutes between class but weight gain doesn't grow on trees you know....

DumbDude
02-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I got a new job a few weeks ago. its part time im working 20-30 hrs a week, but on top of a full high school schedule I have had very little spare time lately. My question is, considering my spare time is ususally in the evening for an hour or two, and at night after 9, when Im not even hungry, just tired... how do I still eat alot?
Ive been trying to eat alot in that little time I have, but its really not working. Im not ever hungry and its hard to force myself to eat.
And im skinny!! 175lbs at 6'0"Find a good protien bar to carry with you... I used to goto the bathroom in high school and eat them in like 3minutes... then hit up the water fountain. screw what everyone thinks :) If the sugar bothers you try a lean protien bar like this http://www.global-nutrition-inc.com/nn-067.html I personally would rather have the bad taste of other brands than 27grams of sugar alcohol.

Davidelmo
02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
go hardcore

drink a load of milk
eat a jar of peanut butter
take 25ml shots of olive oil
carry around a bag of nuts with you and snack all day

Clifford Gillmore
02-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Carry a cooler bag around with you that can fit 2-20 pre-made shakes in it, I do. You should too :)

eatit
02-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Find a good protien bar to carry with you... I used to goto the bathroom in high school and eat them in like 3minutes... then hit up the water fountain. screw what everyone thinks :) If the sugar bothers you try a lean protien bar like this

instead of acting like you have an eating disorder you could just munch on them throughout the day...
If you're getting the point where you feel like you need to keep your dieting/eating a secret from the world you might want start being a little more introspective and think about what you're doing.

DumbDude
02-26-2006, 05:37 PM
instead of acting like you have an eating disorder you could just munch on them throughout the day...
If you're getting the point where you feel like you need to keep your dieting/eating a secret from the world you might want start being a little more introspective and think about what you're doing.
I just wasnt allowed to eat in class when i was in high school lol. Dont know if you were talking to me or him ...