PDA

View Full Version : Shoes?

EHSathlete
02-24-2006, 08:58 PM
I've been using boots for lifting, but recently I haven't been able to get a good base with any of the boots I have. I borrowed my friend's Adidas weightlifting shoes, and I felt alot more solid. He told me he got them on the internet, and I was wondering where I could buy some weightlifting shoes at? I had a bunch of sites a while ago, but lost them, lol.

Joe#54
02-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Chuck Taylor All Stars, its what I lift in, great stabilility and tough as nails.
Joe.

TwiloMike
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
www.otomix.com they have a good variety of lifting shoes and they make some of the shoes that end up carrying the Adidas label (they are also sold on this site).

khari
02-24-2006, 09:46 PM
www.weightliftingshoes.ca

These shoes are quality. My coach used to co-own the company. We've got lifters who've had them for years and they're still in good shape.

KevinStarke
02-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Just get some converse.

bill
02-25-2006, 09:56 AM
I would say the converse. You can even pick up a cheaper pair of knock off brand at walmart. I use a pair old wrestling shoes for the squat and so far so good.
Kevin are you using anything different for deadlifts? I know some use the little footy socks or thin sole.

Sensei
02-25-2006, 10:14 AM
http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/shoesFR.html

If you are going to be using the shoes for PL exclusively, you might also consider the shoes made by Rickey Dale Crain (at Crain's Muscle World, I think) or Safe USA.

drew
02-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Chucks. $25-30 at any sporting goods store.

KevinStarke
02-25-2006, 01:06 PM
I would say the converse. You can even pick up a cheaper pair of knock off brand at walmart. I use a pair old wrestling shoes for the squat and so far so good.
Kevin are you using anything different for deadlifts? I know some use the little footy socks or thin sole.

Nope, converse for squats, converse for deads, and converse for bench.. why? ... why not?

K.Huget
02-25-2006, 01:31 PM
So is the purpose of these shoes to give you a more stable base and to give you a better feel for the floor? I look them up on google but it just comes up with the different stores, they never explain what they actually do.

Sensei
02-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Nope, converse for squats, converse for deads, and converse for bench.. why? ... why not?I've said this before and everyone's probably aware of my opinion of Chucks, but I'll share it again:

Let me just preface this by saying I love Westside and I am well aware of the arguments for using Chucks, but I totally disagree with their (and everyone else's) idea about what is appropriate footwear for squatting. No one would want to squat standing in sand or on a wrestling mat, so why in the world would anyone purposely choose a shoe that provides an unstable base of support?

drew
02-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, I wanted to buy the Metal squat shoes. But they's dang expensive!

I see what you're saying Sensei. But I can't fight what works. I'd rather be squatting barefoot, but that's not allowed.

KevinStarke
02-25-2006, 02:06 PM
If I had money i'd get a nice pair of lifting shoes, but im bummin money just for gas.

EHSathlete
02-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Alright, thanx guys. I got a pair of Chucks today, and I also ordered a cheap pair of adidas for my olympic lifts. Thanks for the tips and links everyone!

biggimp
02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
chucks are ok for deadlifts. you can find deadlift slippers for even cheaper though.

chucks are horrible for squats im, you have no support at all on your ankles. i use high top basketballshoes and boots in competition for squat.

for bench it doesnt even make a difference. i bench in my moccasins all the time.

Paul Stagg
02-27-2006, 08:04 AM
I wear Converse basketball shoes (not chucks). I agree, I like ankle support when squatting. The Converse have a flat sole and good support.

skaterdude
02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/buyskates_1886_13314264

i use these they are awsome.

also,
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/buyskates_1886_12920037