PDA

View Full Version : New Goals - New Diet (Requesting Thoughts)

Carpe-Diem
02-26-2006, 10:14 AM
New diet, Done Powerlifting starting to cut fat while maintaining and building muscle for playing paintball (Speed Agility Strength and Fitness), Water throughout the Day and w/ meals

1st meal Morning 7-8am
-----------------------
1 pkg Oatmeal
3 hard boiled eggs
1 Carnation Instant B-fast w/ 1 scoop Whey protein
½ a Banana

2nd Meal Before Noon 11:30
---------------------------
1 can of light flaked tuna mixed with one tbl sp of light whipped dressing (Mayo?)
½ a Banana

3rd Meal 2:30
-------------
1 palm-fist sized boneless skinless chicken breast
1 scoop whey mixed with water
½ a Banana

4th Meal 5:00ish
----------------
1 cup (250ml or half can) of Old Fashioned Yellow Eyed Beans (pork and molasses)
1 handful portion of salad/veggies
1 scoop protein w/250ml of milk

5th meal 8:00ish
----------------
2 chicken dogs/Hot dogs micro waved w/ one slice of cheese
1 handful portion veggies/salad
1 cup (250ml or half can) of Old Fashioned Yellow Eyed Beans (pork and molasses)

6th meal bed time 11-12, preferably an hour before sleep
------------------------------------------------------
¾ Cup of cottage cheese mixed with 2 tbl spoons of yougurt
½ a Banana
1 Scoop of Whey w/water ?

Like I said water throughout the day and with meals, only exceptions being whichever meal comes before the gym on a lifting day will have a pkg of oatmeal (energy purposes). Starting a routine that is 2-3 days a week Cardio (Kickboxing Cardio and maybe Group Power aerobics w/ weights) leaving 3-4 days a week lifting (can’t Gym on Saturdays) I sometimes take caffeine and ephedrine and am considering getting Red Rockets; Maybe I can get some opinions on when to take any of these or alternatives/reasons not to. Need opinions on my workout shake, MaltoDextrine and Whey Protein mixed with 600-800ml of water, Drinking ¼ before workout ¼ during workout and ½ afterwards, should I do 1 scoop malto 1 scoop protein or 2 and 2 or any other recommended combinations?

Davidelmo
02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Looks pretty decent but it's hard to tell without knowing the macros.

Go to www.fitday.com and enter it all.

Post the cals, protein, fats and carbs here.

Carpe-Diem
02-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Far from perfect but the best I could figure roughly using that site (thanks for the link by the way)

Cals. 2354
Fat. 55
Carb. 243
Prot. 228

TheGimp
02-27-2006, 01:37 AM
The big question is how much do you weigh

Fats are looking very low, especially healthy mono and poly unsaturated ones.

Carpe-Diem
02-27-2006, 04:44 AM
~200lbs right now, more muscle than fat but still some fat.. shooting for 180 ~ 185 by June

TheGimp
02-27-2006, 05:11 AM
Double your fat intake then (0.5 g per lb of bodyweight is the value that gets thrown around here) from healthy sources such as avocados, nuts, olive oil, oily fish, etc. etc. I would simply add these additional fat calories on top of what you are already eating as, for your size and activity level, your daily calorie intake also looks rather low.

Davidelmo
02-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Looks decent but I agree with TheGimp- add more fats.

They're good for you and fats DONT make you fat

Good luck with your goals! :D

Carpe-Diem
02-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Would it be best to double my fat intake right now, doing the .5g per lb going by the weight I am currently at and continuing to readjust or to do the .5g per lb as calculated with my target weight ?

Built
02-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Lalf a gram per pound LBM (not body weight) is a good place to go on fats. I like mine higher than that for satiety, but I wouldn't go lower.