PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out

elzz
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
I've been working out not seriously for about a year now just to keep myself from being a twig, but have been seriously training and trying to put on weight for about 2 months. I started at 130 lbs, and have gained about 10 pounds in the last 2 months. I'm lifting alot less than most guys on here, but im looking alot better than i used to and loving the gains!

HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 142lbs

USUAL WORKOUT:
I dunno the name of alot of the moves, maybe u guys can fill me in
DAY 1
20 pushups x 5 sets
20 pushups on machine x 5 sets (pretty much pushups with a little more weight)
10x30lbs (standing up push barbell from shoulder to straight above head)2 sets

DAY 2
10 pullups x 5 sets
10x30lbs x 5 sets dumbbell curls
5x40lbs x 2 sets dumbbell curls
10x60lbs squats

I eat as much as i can, and i drink a protien shake each day (20g protien)
I also take "greens plus" and spirulina for energy, aswell as centrum performance for vitamins. I also take flax seed oil and hemp seed oil.

ArchAngel777
02-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Great work! One thing you have going for you is that you are lean... So, just eat more and eat clean and keep training hard. Great progress so far and don't worry about how much you lift... It seems no matter how strong you are, someone is always stronger, somewhere. So keep training hard and stay consistant.

elzz
02-26-2006, 07:40 PM
got any suggestions on exercizes i could do? I work out in my basement, freeweights. i have a couple barbells and dumbells and a pullup bar. No room for a benchpressing bench, thats why i do 200 pushups every other day... i just keep doing more reps, but i'd like some way of upping the weight!

Gabrielle
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Focus on the big 3 bench, deads and squats. Those exercises should be the foundation of a workout program in my opinion. Read up on nutrition in the nutrition section of the board and look at wbb#1 workout program. Looking real lean bud and good luck.

elzz
02-27-2006, 04:40 AM
i read threw the wwb routine, and it looks pretty good. one problem is i dont have a bench, or any leg curling equipment, so i'll have to improvise a little.

I like to exercize every single day.... and the wwb routine only has you working out 3 days a week. Should i just go all out abs on the off days?

Gabrielle
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
I would look into getting a home gym or joining a gym as soon as possible. Ask the exercise question in the bodybuilding/fitness section of the board if you haven't already.

DumbDude
02-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Use fitday.com to make sure you are eating enough!!!!

McIrish
02-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Lookin really lean, you're at a great position to start a clean solid bulk here. I'm with DumbDude above me - make sure you fitday.com everything you eat, and EAT EAT EAT and you'll be packing on the muscle. :thumbup:

Fenrir
02-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Either join a gym or buy a bench and an olympic bar and enough weights so as to be able to deadlift, bench and squat...or otherwise look into a gym, only do abs twice a week! don't want to overtrain! I know u don't have much to use in ur home, but 200 pushups will add no mass man! Good luck anyway!

soul71
02-28-2006, 06:18 AM
are the same fenrir that posts on the cs forums?

elzz
02-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I started doing stuff like bent over rows, lat pulldowns, deadlifts, squats and military presses.... the other day i had to wait 5 minutes before i could walk up the stairs my legs were so sore.

I dont think i'll be joining a gym or getting a bench anytime soon, im happy with the stuff i have in my basement. I would like to build a little stool or something that i can do dumbbell fly's on. It'll be like doing pushups with more weight im hoping.

elzz
03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
i found a bench on the side of the road. i took it home and built some legs for it. yay now i can do dumbell flys

i took a picture of my machine that i workout on sometimes... altho i dont use it much anymore cuz it doesnt have much weight.

skaterdude
03-02-2006, 02:25 PM
hahha, thats an awsome bench!

elzz
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
i started a journal....
so if u want to follow this weaklings progress check it out over here:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75848

Duffman
03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
are the same fenrir that posts on the cs forums?

what cs are you talking about?