PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jordanbcool
02-27-2006, 03:08 PM
After some thinking and coaxing from another forum member i decided to start a journal. Now i can share everyone my progress including my weight and workouts!!:thumbup:

Lets start off for today.

Monday, Feb. 27

Special notes: Starting weight is 188. Just completed my first month of bulking on weight gainer and i've gained an impressive 10 pounds. Very pleased with my weight gain. So far fat gain seems to be small according to "mirror check".

Workout

Incline bench press: Did two 70 pound dumbbells on my first two sets. Went up to two 75 pound dumbbells on the last set. Completed all reps. (3x3)

Decline bench press: Completed alot of weight today, more then usual actually. Did three 45 pound plates (each side) 3 times on my last set. Had alot of trouble doing it but i still completed it. Still it seems im making great gains on this. (3x3)

Farmers walk- Decided to start doing these because my grip on dead lift is horrible.

Leg raises- Decided to go easy on these today, as last week i killed my abs. (3x12)

Lat rows- Did 120 3x6. Usually i can do this weight easily but my grip was weak from the farmers walk. (3x6)

Shoulder press (standing)- Failed on the last rep. on my left shoulder. Used a 35 pound dumbbell. (3x10)

Dumbbell curls- Used a 30 pound dumbbell today. Usually i use 40's but i want to get the full range of motion and isolate the biceps better. (3x10)

I'd consider today was a great workout. I will comment on all the excersizes i do the first week until everyone gets the "gist" on what im doing.

Current supplements: Weight gainer (creatine+glutamine mixed in it).

Caloric intake: Around 3800 calories a day.

Stats

Height- 5"8
Weight-188
BF- 13%

Goals

Work on my upper back alot more.
Gain another 10 pounds by the month.
Increase all core lifts.
Keep bodyfat as close to 13% as possible.

mikey4402
02-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Decline bench press: Completed alot of weight today, more then usual actually. Did three 45 pound plates (each side) 3 times on my last set. Had alot of trouble doing it but i still completed it. Still it seems im making great gains on this. (3x3)
umm is this some kind of machine or something, becuase that can not be your barbell decline poundage

good job on the weight gain!!

kad
02-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Argh, you stole my journal title! And my name! :bang:

Just kidding... good luck man. :D

:spam: :spam:

Jordanbcool
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
umm is this some kind of machine or something, becuase that can not be your barbell decline poundage

good job on the weight gain!!

Yes it is a machine. Its an upright machine but at an angle exactly as a decline bench.

-jordan

deeder
02-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes it is a machine. Its an upright machine but at an angle exactly as a decline bench.

-jordan

Haha! I was gonna say there was no way you were pushing more than twice on decline what you push on incline. Next time use a BB and do them for real! Don't put all that weight on the bar though!!!

Sounds like a decent workout. What's your split look like?

ddegroff
02-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice workout, its looking good. I was thinking about doing a 3x3 but opted for 5x5. I'm going to check in to see how its working out for you. I do decline but with a bb. Try that next time, good luck with your goals!

Jordanbcool
02-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Haha! I was gonna say there was no way you were pushing more than twice on decline what you push on incline. Next time use a BB and do them for real! Don't put all that weight on the bar though!!!

Sounds like a decent workout. What's your split look like?

I alternate my days depending on how im feeling or what im doing that week. Usually though its mondays, tuesdays, wensdays, and fridays. I think this thursday i'll duck out of my last college class and workout instead so i have the whole day friday to relax.

The only reason i use that machine is because my gym is crowded and i never get the racks i want if i get there at the wrong time. I usually dont use barbells either because i like working out alone, hence no spotters.

God i cant stand it either. In my gym theres me, and 2 other actual hard lifters that i see all the time. Everyone else is either women (ugly women by the way) in sweat pants or 80 year old men. Last week i had to wait 20 MINUTES for a bench. I know what you all are thinking.....some big macho hardass 300 pound monster was using them. ALL the benches were being used by old women!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear to god its like they pick my exact time to workout and plan to screw me in the butt on my workout days.....*sigh* sorry for that but im just annoyed. Makes me want to round up all the martha stewarts and deport them to another gym across the country.....i loathe the makers of sweat pants......o do i hate the smell of old spice and icy hot......and most of all. I hate the sound of two 5 pound dumbells being slapped together while some old guy's doing bench. When i plop down next to him and pump out my 80 pound dumbells he always looks at me like i just insulted his wife.......jerk.......

God that felt so good. To get that off my chest.......

-jordan

Jordanbcool
02-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Tuesday, Feb. 28

Special notes: Just realized i've been doing squats all wrong because i have not been going paralell. As a result my previous squat number of 405 is now reduced....to....well look at the numbers and see.

Workout

Squats (paralell)- 245 on my last set. Nothing to boast about at all but my glutes are killing me. (3x3)

Leg press- 455 on my last set. Very very proud of this. (3x3)

Standing leg curls- 40 pounds is the weight i used. (3x10)

Leg extenstion- A pathetic 40 pounds!!! My quads burn like a thousand suns. Ouch!! I cannot walk straight.....I dont feel bad because this is my first time actually using this machine.(3x10)

Thigh machine (out)- 80 pounds in this, nothing special to note about here. (3x10)

Thigh machine (in)- 100 pounds here. Next time i wrap my legs around a girlfriend shes going to feel that 100 pounds of pressure on her tiny body. ahhahaha (3x10)

Oblique crunches (machine)- 110 pounds on this machine. I could really feel the burn today. Good....(3x12)

Caloric intake- Still around 3800

Current supplements- Same old reliable weight gainer

Im happy with todays workout overall. Still kicking myself for not having good form on my squats 9 months ago. Now i have to start all over. O well i'll catch up in a month or so.

Still have an unholy hatred for old women in tights. Today i was changing and this 94 year old man was walking around the locker room bare assed. I almost barfed out my lunges when i saw that. Still have nightmares....

-jordan

Sidior
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
congrats are doing squats right now....also man if it is old ppl ask to work in with them, then once you are working in they usually leave

ddegroff
02-28-2006, 02:20 PM
glad to see your going to paralell on squats!

Jordanbcool
02-28-2006, 03:03 PM
glad to see your going to paralell on squats!

I'm annoyed that i havent been doing them. I always thought i was going paralell but when i actually looked at my form i was only going about halfway down. Some people do a full squat! Butt to the floor and here i am doing half a normal squat.....o well, atleast i got a good burn for my glutes. Hopefully by the end of this month i'll be up in the 300's. Also another thing that annoys me is my poor grip. Its not really that i cant dead lift alot its that my grip always gives out before my glutes or quads. Farmers walk should fix that right quick. Just hope it dosent take to long.

-jordan

ddegroff
02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't do a single thing for my grip. About two weeks ago i added some weight to my deadlift and my grip almost failed. Then last week it was fine again. I've also thought about doing farmers walk, they sound like they will help a lot.

Jordanbcool
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Wensday, March 1st

Special notes: Today i'd consider a bad workout compared to my others. However im not really going to hold it against myself because i've been making great progress and one bad day shouldnt matter. Also my friend is joining up with me so i wanted to take it light with him. I did get somewhat of a workout though.

Workout

Dumbell bench press- First and second set i used 75's. On my last set i used two 80's and pumped out three good ones. Overall this was the highlight of my workout. (3x3)

Shrugs- Did two 25's on each side. Nothing special about this. (3x10)

Dips- I was exhausted today because i had a bad sleep the night before. Because of this i did less then i normally do. (3x8)

Curls- Again nothing special about this. I did two 25's on each side plus the 15 pound bar. (3x8)

Crunches- I didnt want to slack off on these so i did my usual set. (4x15)

Caloric intake- Today was actually around 3500. Less then usual but its not like i worked out super hard.

Supplements- Same

I may have another workout sunday (upper) body to make up for today. However if legs go great friday i'll let this one slide.

EDIT: I decided to just throw in a military press, and to do some pull-downs friday with my lower body workout. I hate feeling like i had a bad day so i'll just make up for it this way. Im probably going to need to eat a protein bar or something beforehand as my workout is going to be really long friday.

ddegroff
03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
glad to see your helping someone else start the lifestyle. I love doing db bench press, those last few feel so good. Lookin good man, i would say you go slam a 300 more calories, so you meet your goal!

Jordanbcool
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Did a mirror check this morning. I've noticed my chest has gotten alot larger then it has been and so have my quads. My medium wife beaters are skin tight on me now but after my cut they should fit perfectly.

I've also noticed alot more blood veins show when i work out mostly on my arms and hands. My favorite shirt does not fit me very well; I feel like im going to burst out of it at any given moment. Kinda annoying the way clothes are between cutting and bulking cycles.

I'd like to update my goals and list them here.

New goals

Squat my original weight of 405 paralell by June
After cut weigh 185-190 at 10% BF
Get my deadlift up to 365 by the start of June
Increase my bench to two 90 pound dumbells by June

Jordanbcool
03-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Friday, March 3rd

Special notes: None

Workout

Box squat- Did what i normally do on my last set which was 305. (3x3)

Dead lift- Dead lift is still really low. The thing that is holding me back though is my grip and hopefully the farmers walk that im doing will cure this. On my last set i did 275. (3x3)

Leg extension- Last time i did these i did a pathetic 20 pounds. However this time i did 100 all three times. Next week i'll only do leg extensions one day but my friend really wanted to do them today so i went along with it. (3x10)

Glute press- An odd sounding machine no doubt. However it killed the hell out of my glutes which is what its supposed to do. Three sets of 35 is what i did today. (3x10)

Calf raises- Hard to describe this machine. I did get a good burn today which is good. Did 135 on my last set. (3x10)

Back raises - Did three sets using a 45 pound plate. Really worked my lower back. (3x10)

Straight leg press- Again upon the urging of a friend i did this and it actually worked alot of my lower body. Glutes, quads, and more were worked very well on this machine. However i doubt i will ever use it again as i already have a leg press in my workout. I did 140 on my last set. (3x10)

All in all today was a great workout and went much much better then wensdays. My lower body is sore which is a good sign.

Current supplements: Weight gainer

Caloric intake: Around 3600 today.

ddegroff
03-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Workout looks good man, you should talk your friend into doing SLDL's or something like that, make his hams really burn, LOL

i've been thinking about why i don't have a problem with grip at all. I did the most weight ive ever done on deads last night and my grip was fine. I think it has something to do with the fact i only use freeweights. Thats just a thought....

Jordanbcool
03-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Workout looks good man, you should talk your friend into doing SLDL's or something like that, make his hams really burn, LOL

i've been thinking about why i don't have a problem with grip at all. I did the most weight ive ever done on deads last night and my grip was fine. I think it has something to do with the fact i only use freeweights. Thats just a thought....

On all my core lifts i only use free-weights lol......actually this is the first time i've ever used machines this much since i started working out..

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Been looking over myself as usual. I've decided that my biceps and triceps are the body parts that need the most improvement. They are rock hard but are very small compared to the rest of my body which is fairly large. Doing some more research on what excersizes i can do to support this. Im also having the darndest time trying to calculate my cutting phase:bang: ....ehh o well.

-jordan

ddegroff
03-05-2006, 10:59 AM
what are you haveing trouble with?

Jordanbcool
03-06-2006, 11:33 AM
what are you haveing trouble with?

I was having trouble with calculations and my bicep growth but i've pretty much fixed both problems...

Jordanbcool
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Monday, March 6th

Special notes: Starting weight this morning is 190.5. Very happy about my consistant weight gain.

Workout

Incline bench press: Two 70 pound dumbells. I did my first three sets fine but my last set i only got out 3. (4x6)

Decline bench press: Less then last week by a few pounds but thats fine because im doing more reps this week. 240 was my last set. (4x6)

Crunches- Used a machine that lets you add resistance. I put on a 45 pound plate. (3x20)

Shrugs- Put more weight on then last week. Used 30 pounds on each side. (3x10)

Shoulder press- Used a 35 pound dumbell but failed on my last set on my left arm. (3x10)

Farmers walk- Used two 80 pound dumbells. Was easier then last week so i decided next week i will move up to two 85 pound dumbells.

Standing bicep curls- Used a 35 pound dumbell and i got a great burn today. Very happy at that as my biceps are lagging. (3x10)

Good workout today.

From now on i will not include my caloric intake/supplements as they have stayed the same.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Tuesday, March 8th

Special notes: none

Workout

Leg press: Nothing special about this, but i did do alot of weight despite my rep increase. 410 on my last set. (4x6)

Squat: 240 on my last set. Again nothing out of the ordinary. (4x6)

Hamstring curls- 35 pounds on each set. (3x10)

Side crunches (machine)- First set-110 Second set-120 Third set-130 (3x10)

Back raises- 3 sets with 45 pound plate

Curls- used two 40 pound dumbbells 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps Even though i did not do 3x10 i still got a good burn from them. The reason im doing them on a leg day is because i got worried about my bicep/tricep growth. Next workout i will have to replace an upper body auxilary with a lower one to make up for this. (3x10)

Leg extension- I completed all my reps. but i had to do it in descending weight. I started out with 100 then 90 then 80. I dont feel bad though because that leg press and squats KILLED my quads. (3x10)

Great workout today, very very happy with my progress. Except my arms of course :(

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Wensday, March 8

Workout

Bench press: Good hard workout today. My last set i did two 80 pound dumbells but i failed on my last rep. (4x6)

Military press: First time i've actually done these. My last set i used two 45 pound dumbells. They were really easy once i got my legs set. I didnt know stabalizer muscles were so important. Next time i will probably go up. (4x6)

Dips- Finally, i had a good dip "day". (3x10)

Calf curls- This is making up for yesterday. Nothing special about these except the weight i used was slightly lower then normal. (3x10)

Lat rows- For some reason i had trouble doing these today. Usually i can atleast do 120 10 times but i struggled on that. It ended up going something like this. 140x10, 120x8, 120x6. (3x10)

Leg raises- Great burn today on these. (4x15)

Seated pull downs- This is another excersize that is new to my workout. My last set i was pulling 80 pounds on each arm (160 total). Good back excersize. (3x10)

Fantastic workout today!:strong:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Sunday, March 12

Special notes: Duke game!

Workout

Deadlift: Completed my normal reps. except on my last set i tried for the maximum weight one time. I did 315. Very proud of that. My grip once again is the only thing holding me back. (4x6)

Box squat: My weight has been going up very nicely this week. I completed 300 six times on my last set. (4x6)

Back raises- Used a 45 pound dumbell. Nothing special. (3x10)

Side crunches- These past few weeks i've been slacking off on these but today i did them. (3x10)

Glute press- Used 40 pounds on this machine. (3x10)

Starstepper- Walked this for 10 minutes. This gave me a great lower body workout, and from now on i think im going to include it.

Overall i was really happy with my workout today. The only thing that still bothers me is my hand strength. Im going up with the dumbells in my farmers walk. Hopefully this will help out alot. Tomarrow (or today actually) I'm going to start recording everything i eat on fitday in preparation for my upcoming cut. I've already got my workout all fixed but im still tweaking the diet. Wish me luck!:clap:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Monday, March 13

Special notes: Weighed myself this morning. I did not gain any weight this week at all. I still weigh 190.5. Because i ran out of weight gainer, the weather is nice, and my weight gain has come to a halt i've decided to start my cut a little earlier. I need to find out my maintainence calories so currently im not bulking or cutting. I will start out this week by eat 3300 cals. a day and see the results. I've started to record my diet on fitday for anyone interested. I will post it when i get the time.

Workout

Bench press: Did two 85 pound dumbells three times on my last set! :strong: (3x3)

Military press: Used two 50 pound dumbells on my last set. I went up from last week, but im sure i can do more then this even. (3x3)

Dumbell curls- Used two 40 pound dumbells. Killed my biceps today and got a great workout. (4x8)

Leg raises- I hate these, they make me dizzy. (3x20)

Shoulder press- Why on earth did i do this on military press day? I was NOT feeling the farmers walk today so thats why. As such i only used 30 pound dumbells, but i completed all the reps. (3x10)

Lat rows- First set i did 90, then 100, then 120 on my last set. Nothing special about this. (3x10)

Pulldowns- Today was all out of whack so i cant even record the weight or reps. I dont know why but it was all messed up. I think its because i used a different machine for them then last week. (3x10- is what i was supposed to do)

Today was pretty good. My workout was very hard today because of how humid it was, and my gym had the windows open. I was sweating like a pig. Strength seems to be great for my core lifts but i always seem to stay at the same weight doing auxilaries. I'll look into what i can do to counter this.

Current caloric intake:3300

Supplements: Whey protein powder

Jordanbcool
03-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Wensday, March 15

Special notes: Next week is spring break! :)

Workout

Deadlift: Started out with 225 on my first set. Then went up to 275. My last set i did 315 twice. I could have done it three times if it werent for my grip. (3x3)

Squats: First set was 225. Second set was 245. Last set was 255. I was dissapointed with the weight today, but i think its a combination of my deads and a bad nights sleep. I really need to do something about my allergies...

Thigh master- 80 pounds on this one. (3x10)

Thigh master (in)- I know i should drop these but they are an easy auxilary....meh. 100 pounds on this one (3x12)

Leg extension- Ouch, i killed my quads on these today. I failed on the last few reps for my last set. No biggie though (100). (4x8)

Side crunches- (3x12)

Back raises- Used a 45 pound plate. (3x12)

I wasent happy with todays workout. Just because of how exhausted i was during the whole thing. It might be my diet??? Need to ask built about it.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-19-2006, 06:12 AM
I havent recorded anything these past few days because i've had a really really nasty cold. As such i couldnt finish out my week :(

O well, im getting better and i'll be back on the horse in a day or so.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Monday, March 20

Special notes: Today i started out at the same 190.5. My caloric intake to start off my dieting will be 2800 since this past week its been around 3300. I'm officially starting my cut this week. I'll see how the weight loss goes with this 2800 each day on lift days and 2500 on non lift days. Also i've started taking flaxseed oil and this week i'll do cardio one day. Increasing it each week till i hit 3 days. Depending on what i decided/how this turns out i will tweak my caloric intake to drop a rough one pound a week. My end goal is a weight loss of 10 pounds. Wish me luck!

Jordanbcool
03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Tuesday, March 21

Workout

Military press: 45 pound dumbell. (4x6)

Bench press: 75 pound dumbell. (4x6)

Farmers walk- I used two 85 pound dumbells this time

Shrugs- 35 pounds on each side. (4x8)

Curls- 35 pound dumbells until my last set when i used two 40's. (4x8)

Crunches- I used alot of weight this time. Two 45 pound plates on each set. (4x8)

Skull crushers- 35 pounds. (3x10)

Second day of my cut!

Current supplements- Whey protein, creatine, glutamine and flaxseed oil

Caloric intake- 2800

Jordanbcool
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Wensday, March 22

Special notes: I need to update these things better...

Workout

Leg press: 380 on my last set. Much lower then usual, and since i've started cutting i've had some energy problems...(4x6)

Box squat:265 on my last set. I completed all reps. (4x6)

Side crunches (machine)- 110 pounds. (3x10)

Leg extensions- 90 pounds on these. Very hard for me to. (4x8)

Standing leg curls- 30, 35, 40 pounds. (3x10)

Back raises- Used a 45 pound plate. Actually this was easy today. (3x10)

Current supplements- Whey protein, creatine, glutamine, and flaxseed oil.

Caloric intake- 2700

My workouts have not been up to par these few days. :mad:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Thursday, March 23

Special notes: Caffeine!

Workout

Incline: Two 70 pound dumbells. The weight I usually do! However i did only complete 3 reps on my last set. (4x6)

Decline: 240 on my last set. Completed all reps. (4x6)

Crunches- Two 45 pound plates on my last set. HARD! (3x10)

Lat row- 120 pounds. (3x6)

Dumbell pullups- Used a 55 pound dumbell on my last set. Great workout with these. (4x8)

Curls- Used 40 pound dumbells! Couldnt do the last 2 reps on my last set. (4x8)

Pushups- 30 pushups split up into 3 sets

Much better workout then normally. I think a big part of it is the caffiene i took beforehand. Even though my workouts werent as good as they are on a bulk they are still much better then previous ones. I friday is just as good.

Current supplements- Same

Caloric intake- Same

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Until i get my workout in order my journal will be "postponed" for another week.

-jordan

ddegroff
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
nice looking workout man! glad to see the caffeine is helping you on your cut. keep up the good work!

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Monday, April 3

Special notes: This past week i've been messing around and tweaking my diet and workout to make sure everything goes ok. I've dropped three pounds last week, but after discussion with certain members on this board i stopped worrying about it. Its probably all water weight so im going to press on. My starting weight for this week is 186. My goal is 180, but whenever i get a six pack thats when i'll start bulking again. Numbers dont mean much to me. To make sure i dont have another big drop like this though Im going to up my calories by 100 everyday. However, i like staying in shape and eating so im going to keep running for two days and lifting four. At the suggestion of yet another member im doing a 5x5 routine for auxilaries to blast past these plateaus.

Workout

Incline bench press (dumbell):-
70x3
70x3
75x3

Decline bench press:
200x3
250x3
270x4

Farmers walk- Used two 85 pound dumbells. Walked back and forth 6 feet twice.

Curls (standing/dumbells)-
40x5
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x4

Lat rows-
90x5
100x5
120x5
140x5
160x4

Dips- 10,8,6

Decline weighted situps-
45x10
50x10
55x10

Shoulder press (dumbell)-
40x5
40x5
40x5
40x5
45x5

I was pleased with todays workout :)

Caloric intake 2800 (100 more from last week)

Supplements Whey protein, Glutamine, Creatine, Flaxseed oil

:thumbup: Hopefully with my newfound advice this should turn out to be a great cut!

-jordan

Jordanbcool
04-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Tuesday, April 4

Special notes:Wow i've been really lazy posting my journal. Even though I havent posted in a while i've been keeping track of my progress from a paper journal. I've finally gotten around to recording everything...Here it goes.

Workout

Box squat:
180x3
285x3
335x3

Leg press:
270x3
360x3
450x3

Weighted Back raises-
55x8
60x8
65x8
75x8

Hamstring curls-
30x5
35x5
40x5
45x5
50x5

Side crunches (Machine)-
140x10
140x10
140x10

Jordanbcool
04-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Wensday, April 5

Special notes:None

Workout

Dumbell Bench press:
70x3
75x3
85x4

Dumbell Military press:
45x3
50x3
55x4

Seated dumbell curls-
35x5
40x5
40x5
45x5
45x5

Skull Crushers-
40x8
45x8
45x8
45x8

Dumbell lat pullups-
50x8
55x8
55x8
55x8

Weighted Decline situps-
45x10
50x10
55x10

Dumbell Shrugs-
55x8
55x8
55x8
55x8

Jordanbcool
04-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Thursday, April 6

Workout

Squats:
195x3
245x3
265x3

Leg press:
270x3
360x3
470x3

Leg extensions-
70x10
70x10
70x10

Weighted Back raises-
50x10
55x10
60x10

Side crunches (dumbell)-
30x10
30x10
30x10

Jordanbcool
04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Monday, April 10

Special notes: Gained 1 pound from last week. However I decided to not do anything drastic. I plan to eat 2700 cals on lifting days/HIIT and 2500 on non-lifting days. However im considering doing 2800/2600 like I should have done last week. Regardless im currently on track with my goal. Just dont want to fall short.

Workout

Dumbell Military press:
40x6
45x6
50x6
55x6

Dumbell Bench press:
65x6
70x6
75x6
80x3*

Dumbell shrugs-
65x10
65x10
80x10

Farmers walk- This time I went up to 90 pound dumbells. I think my grip strength is improving alot. We'll see how it works out with this week's deads.

Seated Dumbell curls-
40x5
40x5
40x5
45x5
45x5

Skull Crushers-
45x10
45x10
45x10

Weighted decline situps-
50x8
60x8
60x8
65x8

Although I went up in most of my lifts for some reason my bench went down. Its the increased sets and I did military press first so im not worried about it. I've been very pleased with my progress these past few weeks.

Caloric intake: I've decided to eat 2900 calories today. However im going to eat 2500 calories on non lifting days and 2700 every other weight lifting day. We'll see how that plays out. Wish me luck!

Supplements: Same. Although I've been eating much more protein latley. Hopefully this will be to my benifit. I looove chicken and beef!!!

:clap:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
04-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Thursday, April 13

Workout

Box squat:
195x6
245x6
265x6
285x6

Leg press:
180x6
270x6
360x6
450x3

Side crunches (dumbell free weights)-
35x12
35x12

Calf raises-
90x8
100x8
110x8
115x8

Back raises (dumbell free weights)-
55x10
65x10
65x10

Jordanbcool
04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Saturday, April 15

Workout

Decline bench:
180x6
230x6
240x6
260x6

Incline bench (dumbell):
65x6
65x6
70x6
75x7

Dumbell curls-
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x4
50x5

Dumbell rows-
60x8
60x8
60x8
70x8

Dumbell Shrugs-

70x8
70x8
70x8
75x8

Lat rows-
100x5
120x5
120x5
120x5
120x5

This week was a failure diet wise because of a lack of discipline. I've made some changed to my diet to fix this and the coming week is going to be great! Also easter was pretty good to. I figured if I ruin a whole week of dieting a might as well make it worthwhile :D MMM cheesecake!!

Jordanbcool
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Monday, April 17

Special notes: This week I'm going to have one day 2600, Rest days/SS days will be 2400, and everything else will be 2500. I will do this for two weeks then drop my calories by 100 for two more weeks and so on. I think this will work out great but if im not dropping calories fast enough I will simply increase my cardio.

Workout

Bench press (dumbell):
70x3
75x3
85x3

Military press (dumbell):
45x3
50x3
55x3

Dumbell curls-
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x5

Farmers walk- Two 90 pound dumbells

Dips- 3x10

Lat rows-
100x5
120x5
120x5
140x5
160x4

Crunches (machine)-
45x8
55x8
70x8
80x8

Today was a great workout!! Look at my bench! Also I'm proud to say my diet was perfect today :thumbup:

Built
04-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Nice going, bud. Looks like all your ducks are in a row.

:)

Jordanbcool
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Wednesday, April 19

Special notes: These past few days my diet has been pretty much perfect. However I'm still playing around with the macros. My first two days my protein was 300g+. Other days when I want more fat or just a tad bit more carbs I take those extra calories from protein. It has never gone down past 250g so Its still really high.

Workout

Incline Dumbell Bench:
70x3
70x3
75x3

Decline Bench:
180x3
230x3
270x4

Dumbell curls-
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x5

Dumbell Shrugs-
70x10
75x10
80x10

Skull Crushers-
45x10
50x8
55x5

Decline Weighted situps-
55x8
55x8
60x8
60x8

Dumbell rows-
65x8
65x8
65x8
65x7

Good workout today. I think I'm going to change Dumbell rows to pulldowns or something like that. Not really feeling it as much as I used to.

Built
04-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe T-bars?
Do you have any hammerstrength equipment at your gym?

Jordanbcool
04-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Maybe T-bars?
Do you have any hammerstrength equipment at your gym?

T-bars??

Dont know what that is but I'm probably going to start doing bent over rows or pull-ups.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Thursday, April 20

Workout

Box squat:
195x3
265x3
305x3

Leg press:
270x3
360x3
470x3

Back raises (dumbell)-
55x8
60x8
60x8
65x8

Leg extensions-
70x12
70x12
70x10

Calf raises-
90x12
100x12
110x12

Good hard workout today. I also saw a hot MILF that was watching me do my leg press :) I guess racking up all those 45 plates was impressive.

Jordanbcool
04-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Saturday, April 22

Special notes: Just realized my farmers walk hasent been helping because I do it without gloves and I do deads with gloves. Still my lifts havent gone down they just havent gone up. Its all due to my grip though. Its being corrected.

Workout

Deads:
225x3
275x3
295x1 (lost my grip)

Squats:
225x3
275x3
315x3

Farmers walk- Used two 95 pound dumbells

Back raises-
55x10
65x10
70x10

Side crunches (machine)-
130x10
130x10

Hamstring curls-
45x10
45x10
45x9

My diets been going great and so have my workouts. Latley though I've been really hungry. Veggies to the rescue! Hopefully that will curb my appetite. Other then that. Nothing but good news comin from that weight room.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
04-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Tuesday, April 25

Workout

Dumbell Bench press:
65x6
70x6
75x6
80x6

Military dumbell press:
50x6
50x6
50x6
50x6

Farmers walk- Used two 90 pound dumbells

Skull crushers-
35x8
45x8
45x8
50x5

Dumbell Curls-
40x5
40x5
45x5
45x5
50x4

Decline weighted situps-
60x10
60x10
70x10

Dumbell Shrugs-
70x8
75x8
75x8
80x8

Good workout.

ddegroff
04-26-2006, 11:33 AM
workout looks good man! hows the cutting going?

Jordanbcool
04-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Thursday, April 27

Workout

Dumbell Incline bench:
70x6
70x6
70x6
75x6

Decline bench:
180x6
200x6
250x6
260x6

Dumbell/preacher curls-
50x5
50x5
40x5
40x5
40x4

Lat rows-
100x5
120x5
140x5
140x5
140x5

Crunches-
70x10
70x10
70x10

Lat pull-ups-
65x5
85x5
90x5
90x5
90x5

Dumbell Shoulder raises-
15x10
20x10
20x8

Pretty good workout. Nothing out of the usual. Im going to start throwing in random lifts in my upper body workouts to keep them fresh.

Jordanbcool
04-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Friday, April 28

Special notes: Got rubbed out today at a party :( Sucks...

Workout

Box squat:
195x6
245x6
265x6
275x6

Leg press:
205x6
270x6
360x6
410x6

Dumbell back raises-
55x10
65x10
70x10

Hamstring curls-
40x5
40x5
45x5
50x5
50x5

Calf raises-
90x10
115x10
125x10

Girls suck lol:bang:

Jordanbcool
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Tuesday, May 2nd

Special notes: I'm weighing in at 189 right now. Surprised? I am. But its all water weight so theres nothing to worry about. Im getting my bf% done thursday so well see what it is then.

Workout

Dumbell Bench:
75x3
80x3
85x4

Military dumbell press:
50x3
55x3
55x3

Dumbell shrugs-
75x10
80x10
85x10

Farmers walk- Used two 95's

Pull-ups- 3x4 (bodyweight)

Crunches-
45x8
70x8
70x8
70x8

Cable curls-
80x8
80x8
80x8
100x8

Great workout today!!

-jordan

Optimum08
05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
what test are you using for bf?

Jordanbcool
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
what test are you using for bf?

An electric scale thingy. Pretty accurate. My health teacher has it.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Wensday, May 3rd

Special notes: Holy crap Im lazy. This was a week ago!

Workout

Squats:
225x3
225x3
275x3

Leg press:
360x3
410x3
450x3

Back raises (dumbell)-
65x5
70x5
70x5
75x5
75x10

Leg extension-
70x5
70x5
70x5
80x5
90x5

Calf raises-
90x5
115x5
115x5
115x5
115x5

I havent been recording my weight latlely. Scale makes me mad lol. Im probably 187 though.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Thursday, May 4th

Workout

Incline dumbell bench:
70x3
75x3
75x5

Decline bench:
200x3
230x3
290x3

Cable curls-
80x10
100x10
100x8

Lat rows-
120x8
120x8
120x6

Arm raises (dumbell)-
20x8
20x8
20x8
20x8

Dips-
3x8

Decline situps (dumbell)-
60x10
60x10
60x10

Not a very good workout today.....I dont really know why either. O well.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Friday, May 5

Workout

Deads:
225x3
275x3
315x3

Squats (butt to floor):
95x3
135x3
155x3

Back raises (dumbell)-
70x8
70x8
75x8
80x8

Side crunches-
120x10
120x10
120x10

Hamstring curls-
45x10
45x10
45x10

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Tuesday, May 9

Special notes: Well for starters today I tried a full body workout to mix things up. I liked it because it was a good change of pace. I've also been eating 3k calories this week in preperation for my PSMF which I am almost certain I will do. Im waiting for alot of information from people though so its not 100%. I'm also much bigger then I thought. I think i've gained alot of muscle these past few months.

Workout

Incline dumbell bench:
70x6
70x6
75x6
75x6

Leg press:
230x6
270x6
360x6
410x6

Dumbell shrugs-
70x10
75x10
80x10

Cable curls-
80x10
80x10
80x8

Arm raises (dumbell)-
25x10
25x9
25x7

Calf raises-
90x8
100x8
110x8
120x8

Farmers walk- Used two 95 pound dumbells

Pulldowns-
60x8
70x8
70x8
80x8

Side crunches-
120x20
120x20

Good workout though. Heres a look at what my next fullbody workout will be.

Squats (butt to floor)- Glutes/quads
Dumbell Bench- Chest
Preacher curls- Biceps
Skull crushers- Triceps
Dips- Lats
Decline situps- Abs
Front raises- Shoulders
Hamstring curls- Calves/hammys
Leg extensions- Quads

Final workout sample
Dead lifts- Glutes/quads
Pushups- Chest
Crunches- Abs
Back raises- Lower back/hamstrings
Pullups- lats
Curls- Biceps
Wrist curls- wrists
Shoulder press- Shoulders
Bench dips- Triceps

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Wenesday, May 10

Workout

Dumbell bench press:
70x6
70x6
75x6
75x6

Military press (dumbell):
40x6
45x6
50x6
50x6

Back raises (dumbell)-
70x8
75x8
80x8
80x8

Dumbell wrist curls-
30x8
30x8
30x8
30x8

Dumbell curls-
40x10
40x10
40x8

Leg extensions-
70x10
70x10
70x10

Dips- 3x6

Pushups- 3x20

Today wasent a very good workout simply because I worked out the day before. So, I dont hold it against myself. Book should be here friday.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Friday, May 12

Special notes:Happy birthday to me!!!:birthday:

Workout

Incline bench (dumbell):
70x6
70x6
70x6
70x4

Deep Squats:
105x6
125x6
155x6
285x6 (paralell)

Dumbell shrugs-
75x8
75x8
80x8
80x8

Dumbell back raises-
75x10
75x10
75x12

Cable curls-
80x8
100x8
100x8
100x6

Pushups-
3x15

Leg extensions-
70x10
70x10
70x10

Weighted decline situps-
60x10
60x10
60x10

Tricep pushdowns-
40x8
40x8
40x8

Farmers walk-
Two 90 pound dumbells (gloves)
Two 95 pound dumbells (without gloves)

If anyone knows me I wait till the last minute but Monday is my PSMF. For the next 14 days I will record what I eat at what times. I will also record any excersize which includes training and walking/swimming etc. Look over it. See what you think.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Monday, May 15

STATS- 5"8 192 pounds at 13% bodyfat

Special notes: Heres my first day of PSMF. I'll record everything in here from workouts to food. Read up, comment on what you think. I'll also describe my mood and other factors. This feels like an expirement already...

Meal plan
9:30- Wake up

10:00- First meal: 8 Egg whites, salt, spices, salsa and a cup of plain coffee

11:30- Second meal: 8 oz Tuna, veggies + 16 oz water

12:00-3:00: School final

3:30- Third meal: 14 oz chicken breast, steak sauce, spices, veggies and 16 oz water

4:30-9:30: Work

10:00- Final meal: 4 oz lean turkey breast and a scoop of whey in 16 oz water

Excersize
Hardcore walking for 30 minutes. I think I saw a ladybug pass me......Man im slow.

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), Multi-vitamin, Caffeine (100mg), Ginseng (200mg), Green tea (100mg) and on some days creatine (5g)

Mood
Pretty tired today but thats because I didnt sleep good last night. I've been going to bed really late but I want to correct that so I can start my days earlier. Other then that I'm on the same fatigued level Im always at. Spring is a pain for me. Going to the docs soon to try out yet another prescription. We'll see how this plays out in a few days. I can already see myself sleeping through most of this diet. I guess it will give me some time to think about the meaning of life.

Ending notes
Dont see myself being hungry today. I'll try to stay as busy as possible this week. If I get hungry I'll down some water, veggies or diet soda. Yea; that helps. I'll post my fitday link at the bottom so you guys know what my cals. and macro's are.

Fitday link for those who give a crap
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

Wish me luck

-jordan

ddegroff
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Lookin good! i'm gonna follow along 'cause i've been thinking about psmf myself.

TheGimp
05-15-2006, 12:24 PM
:whazzup:

Following the saga that is your PSMF thread in the diet & nutrition forum I figured I had to check out your PSMF journal.

2 quick questions for ya.

Why flax and not fish oil?

Have you done a low carb diet before? Reason I ask is because I find the absence of carbs when I'm UD2.0ing really helps me avoid lethargy and tiredness.

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
:whazzup:

Following the saga that is your PSMF thread in the diet & nutrition forum I figured I had to check out your PSMF journal.

2 quick questions for ya.

Why flax and not fish oil?

Have you done a low carb diet before? Reason I ask is because I find the absence of carbs when I'm UD2.0ing really helps me avoid lethargy and tiredness.

1)There was a sale at vitamin world on flaxseed oil. I forget the price but it was a steal for about 500 capsules. I've been taking them for a while now. I've been taking 6 a day for a month or two.

2)Yes I have. Carbs work for different people. I'm one of those people that love carbs. Fills me up, gives me energy. However i've never done low-carb this extremly before so im interested in seeing how it affects my job, workouts, and daily activities. Thats why I included "mood" in my journal. This whole thing is more then trying to shed some fat. I'm my own guinea pig :smoke:

I update my journal throughout the day (lets say I wake up feeling like crap and actually end up feeling great at night). It may change slightly from when I first enter it.

Follow along, if anything you can get a good laugh at my suffering. Im sure by day 4 I'll be ending each entry with "pray for me" instead of "wish me luck". Haha. Like lyle I have a huge sense of humor, so i'll try to be as descriptive as possible. The jokes are for me as much as they are for everyone reading.

-jordan

Eszekial
05-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Follow along, if anything you can get a good laugh at my suffering. Im sure by day 4 I'll be ending each entry with "pray for me" instead of "wish me luck". Haha. Like lyle I have a huge sense of humor, so i'll try to be as descriptive as possible. The jokes are for me as much as they are for everyone reading.

-jordan

Hey keep those spirits up! I'll be rooting AND praying for you then!

Keep us updated, my friend is thinking about PSMF (20% body fat or more) and i'd like to send him this link with your succes story :D

D Breyer
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
You're in for quite a ride Jordan, the first... 4 days are absoulute hell but after about day 6 hunger and energy become a non-factor.

Stay with it man, the results will be worth it although I hope you're not going longer then a week or two, being you're only at 13%... I'm sure you've read the book.

Jordanbcool
05-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Tuesday, May 16

Meal plan
7:20- Wake up

7:40- First meal: 8 egg whites, salsa, spices and 16 oz water

8:00-12:00: More school finals

12:10- Second meal: 4 oz tuna, spices, green beans (like a whole freaking can) and 16 oz water

5:00- Third meal: 12 oz chicken breast with spices and 16 oz water

7:00- Bottle of gatorade

7:10-8:15- Full body workout

8:30- Last meal: 5 Scoops whey in water

Excersize
Full body workout (will record workouts as usual) 75 minutes
Light walk for 30 minutes

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), Multi-vitamin, Caffeine (200mg), Ginseng (400mg), Green tea (200mg) and creatine (5g)

Mood
Feel the usual tiredness but not from my diet. Last night I stressed about finals for an hour or so. Feeling slightly more hungry then yesterday. The worst part though is that my mom bought some cheesecake. I think she did it on purpose. All in all I feel great.

Ending notes
Dont know what to make of my workout. I can see myself running out of steam through squats or bench press. We'll see how it goes. Im also very curious to see how my body handles the starvation. So far its been smooth but today I feel some hunger pangs. Guess my bodies eyeing that stomach as a possible food stuff. It could get ugly by tomarrow.

Fitday link
Use yesterdays post to get it. Feeling too lazy to actually post another.

Its a beautiful day out.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Tuesday, May 16

Special notes: PSMF workout

Workout

Box squats- 3x3
Leg press- 3x3
Concentration curls- 10,8,6
Pushups- 45
Decline situps- 3x10
Farmers walk
Tricep pulldowns- 3x10
Arm raises- 3x10
Dumbell shrugs- 3x10

Im not going to bother recording the weight because it was all the same. I even went up in my tricep pulldowns!!

FANTASTIC workout even if I wasent on a PSMF diet. I was very surprised at my energy levels throughout the entire workout. Must be the gatorade pumps.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Wenesday, May 17

Meal plan
10:00- Wake up

10:15- First meal: 4 scoops whey in water

1:00- Second meal: 8 oz steak, steak sauce, can of green beans, and 16 oz water

5:00- Third meal: 6 oz chicken breast, spices, 1 slice of lowfat cheese, and 16 oz water

8:00- Last meal: 6 oz chicken breast, spices, and 16 oz water

Excersize
Slow walk for 30 minutes

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), Multi-vitamin, Caffeine (200mg), Ginseng (400mg), Green tea (200mg) and creatine (5g)

Mood
Again, I feel fine today. Although last night I could NOT sleep. I've heard that people have problems sleeping on a PSMF. Tonight I will take a sleep aid. Other then that I dont feel burnt out or anything. Also last night I was awoken at 3 in the morning. I had to eat my 4 oz tuna then so I could fall back to sleep. I was freaking starving.

Ending notes
I can see some minor fatloss already. My non existant love handles are even smaller now. Although my stomach is still the same size my abs are more visible on the top row and Im more toned all around. Makes me happy.

Fitday link

A gorgeous day out. I love the weather here.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Thursday, May 18

Meal plan
11:00- Wake up

11:30- First meal: 6 egg whites, 1 slice of lowfat cheese, salsa, spices, and 16 oz water

1:00- Second meal: 8 oz steak, spices, steak sauce, 1 can of green beans, and 16 oz water

3:00- Third meal: 7 oz chicken breast, spices, and 16 oz water

5:00- Fourth meal: 7 oz chicken breast, spices, and 16 oz water

7:00- Bottle of gatorade

7:10-8:15- Full body workout

9:00- Last meal: 7 oz chicken breast, spices, and 16 oz water

Excersize
Full body workout

Supplements

Mood
Feel normal. Very surprised that this PSMF hasent kicked my butt yet. Maybe I just handle a PSMF easily. For now though, I feel fine. Although it should be noted that I've been having severe sleep problems the past two days (I ended up sleeping in till 11). Im not falling asleep like I should.

Ending notes
Noticed a HUGE difference in my stomach today. I think the fatloss is really ramping up now. Soon my lower abs will start to reveal themselves. I've decided to cut back on the water sometime next week before my PSMF is completly over. Maybe the last 2 days or something. I'll keep everyone updated.

Fitday link

Yet another great day

-jordan

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Great work bro!

Keep it up!

KevinStarke
05-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Jeeze, im way too lazy to record/remember what and when I eat. Props to you for that ammount of dedication, keep liftin.

ddegroff
05-18-2006, 12:28 PM
looking good got any pictures?

Your making me want to try this, keep it up!

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 01:23 PM
looking good got any pictures?

Your making me want to try this, keep it up!

I wish, Im going to try and get a hold of a digital camera or something so I can take some.

I really dont know why this PSMF is going so well. But hey, I aint complaining! For me the only problems I've had are at night when I go to sleep. The past 2 days i've had 5 hour nights and 19 hour days.....

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Thursday, May 18th

Workout

Dumbell bench- 3x3
Military press- 3x3
Side crunches- 2x20
Skull crushers- 3x10
Leg extension- 3x10
Back raises- 3x10
Calf raises- 3x10
Cable curls- 10,10,8
Lat rows- 10,10,8

Went up in my dumbell bench press. Completed two 85 pound dumbells three times. Everything else was the same.

Another good workout. All the ladies at the gym were looking sharp, very cute girls in there.

-jordan

D Breyer
05-18-2006, 09:21 PM
If I were you I would dilute half or even a fourth of the bottle of gatorade in a lot of water (I used a gallon). A whole bottle of gatorade (20 oz?) IMO would be detrimental to a PSMF diet.

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 09:26 PM
If I were you I would dilute half or even a fourth of the bottle of gatorade in a lot of water (I used a gallon). A whole bottle of gatorade (20 oz?) IMO would be detrimental to a PSMF diet.

Its only 130 calories. It does have alot of grams of carbs but I only drink it twice a week on my workouts. I think it earns its keep since my workouts have been so damned amazing considering Im in a daily caloric deficit of 1700 calories.

-jordan

ddegroff
05-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Good work man!

I was thinking about your sleeping problem. have you taken ETS before? If not then it might be worth taking (probably wont get it soon enough tho). A very wanted side effect of ETS is better sleep. I sleep like a baby. I absolutly love it.

Jordanbcool
05-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Good work man!

I was thinking about your sleeping problem. have you taken ETS before? If not then it might be worth taking (probably wont get it soon enough tho). A very wanted side effect of ETS is better sleep. I sleep like a baby. I absolutly love it.

Melatonin is amazing...I dunno what ETS is but when I was on melatonin I NEVER had a bad sleep.....works like a charm.

I was thinking about picking up a bottle later today

Jordanbcool
05-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Friday, May 19

Meal plan
9:00- Wake up

9:15- First meal: 3 scoops of whey in water

12:00- Second meal: 6 oz steak, steak sauce, can of green beans, and 16 oz water

3:00- Third meal: 8 oz chicken breast, spices, 1 slice of lowfat cheese, and 16 oz water

8:00- Last meal: 6 oz chicken breast, spices, 8 egg whites and 16 oz water

Excersize
None

Supplements

Mood
Feel good. Slept ok last night. Better then most days but still not 100%. Maybe it'll get better as time goes by. We'll see. O yea and Im hanging out with this cute girl tomarrow :clap: So that puts me in a great mood.

Ending notes
Its kinda crept up on me but by asking people and looking in the mirror I noticed some HUGE fatloss. Kinda weird though because its in my face. Funny where the body starts to take fat from. Also noticed that I can see the cuts in my stomach without flexing them. My back is still just as big but alot more cut then it used to be. This is great motivation. Dunno what to say really...except that some drastic changes are happening right under my nose!:bow: So far the only thing this PSMF hasent promissed is hard work. The diets been pretty damned easy.

Fitday link

I love the summer weather

-jordan

ddegroff
05-19-2006, 02:35 PM
ETS- extreme training support (ALN sells it). The more and more I read your journal it makes me want to try it out. Good luck with the girl!

Jordanbcool
05-19-2006, 03:48 PM
ETS- extreme training support (ALN sells it). The more and more I read your journal it makes me want to try it out. Good luck with the girl!

Im wondering if Im doing something wrong......maybe for some reason genetically or something I dunno maybe my body just handles starving better then most people. But I dont feel starving.....and the only problems I've had are sleep problems. Other then that....nothing. Energy levels have started to dip today. Just noticed that. Maybe if I eat something......*eats an entire chicken*

Thats better.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Saturday, May 20

Meal plan

10:15- First meal: 6 egg whites, 3 oz lean ham, bell peppers, spices, salsa, 1 slice of cheese, and 16 oz water

12:00- Second meal: 8 oz tuna, spices, can of green beans and 16 oz water

2:00- Chicken breast sandwhich, 16 oz water

5-11- Work

11:00- 14 oz steak, 32 oz water (actually just nibbled on it for a few hours because I could not sleep)

Excersize
None

Supplements

Mood
Tired. More then usual. Didnt sleep good last night thanks to my allergies. Eh.

Ending notes
I feel so scrawny right now......Im pretty sure I havent lost any muscle but I just feel.....small. I looked very lean this morning..got me considering cutting this PSMF short. Eh i'll finish it out.

Fitday link

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-20-2006, 11:08 AM
O yes. When this PSMF is completly over. I will be taking before and after pictures. My before pictues will be from last year (before i lost all the weight) and my after pictures will be from now. I will include stats (weight, height bodyfat etc.) as well as a detailed list of what I have learned. I will be sure to include everyone from smalls to built in my credits of people that have helped me along the way. It will be a long post and will most likely be posted in the diet and nutrition forum since thats were I've learned the most. I plan on working on it ASAP. I've got alot of free time on my hands and people deserve credit for what they do on here. If I could i'd thank each and every one of you in person! Look for the post sometime next sunday.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Sunday, May 21

Meal plan

11:30- Snack: 3 oz lean ham, 1 cup coffee with LIGHT creamer (60 cals, 3g carbs)

12-5- Work

5:30- First meal: Protein shake in 16 oz water

6:30- Second meal: 10 oz chicken, spices, green beans (can) and 16 oz water

8:00- Last meal: 12 oz chicken, spices, and 16 oz water

Excersize
None

Supplements

Mood
Tired. Only got 4 hours of sleep that night...

Ending notes
Well I'm pretty lean right now. If I had to guess I'd have to say im at 11%. I Just have a few more pounds to go. I'll weigh myself tomarrow and get the new stats up. Kinda annoyed with my meal timing today as im eating everything at night. Also I got some extra un-needed carbs friday and saturday (drank a large gatorade friday and had a chicken breast sandwhich saturday). While this didnt kill me calorie wise (only was an extra 100 or 2) but it wrecked me macro wise. Im really not very worried about it though. I feel very weak typing this......from the bad sleep and food. Although the past two days I have had to force feed myself to get enough food in me. Maybe tomarrow will be better because I dont have to work a stupid shift in the middle of my day.

Fitday link
Burn in hell. You all can get in yourselves.....man im grumpy.

Soo sleeeppyyy

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Monday, May 22nd

I forgot to weigh myself so I dont know about that but if I'd have to guess i'd say I'm at 11% bodyfat. Gotta shed these last 2lbs or so for the abs.

Meal plan

10:20- First meal: Can of green beans, 8 oz tuna, spices and 16 oz water

12:00- Small gatorade

12-1:15: Full body workout

1:30- Second meal: 12 oz chicken breast, spices and 16 oz water

4:30- Third meal: 6 egg whites, bell peppers, 2 slices lowfat cheese, spices, salsa and 16 oz water

5-10: Work

10:30- Last meal: Whey protein shake

Excersize
Full body workout (75 mins)
Slow walk (30 mins)

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), Multi-vitamin, Caffeine (300mg), Ginseng (600mg), Green tea (300mg) and on some days creatine (5g)

Mood
Groggy. I would like to say that my crappy feeling is not from food! This diet is probably a minor cause of that. My problems are allergies. The only problems this diet has caused are severe sleep problems which combined with my allergies/low calories are why I'm so tired.

Ending notes
Decided to up my blend of caffeine, ginseng, and green tea to help further the fat loss. The last two days (friday and saturday) I will be fasting water wise. I will probably only be consuming a third of my normal water consumption. Fat loss seems great. Today i'll hit the weights and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully it will still be great.

Fitday link

Kudos to you lyle mcdonald. This diet has really blown the fat off me. I would however; like to take this time to warn anyone with a higher fat percentage that this diet will be MUCH harder. The reason its easier for me is because I get to eat more then the typical PSMF person. I've also been dieting for 2 1/2 months making my body accustomed to low calories. Read the book and you will understand if you do not believe that I get to eat MORE then a BIGGER person. Thats just not how this diet works.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Monday, May 22nd

Workout

Dumbell bench- 3,4,4
Military dumbell press- 3x3
Concentration curls- 10,8,6
Tricep pulldowns- 3x10
Side crunches- 2x20
Farmers walk
Calf raises- 3x10
Dumbell shrugs- 3x10
Leg extensions- 3x10

Another great workout.

-jordan

ddegroff
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
How are the energy levels? Still as good as the begining of the week?

Jordanbcool
05-23-2006, 09:33 AM
How are the energy levels? Still as good as the begining of the week?

They arent low enough to really affect me but they are lower per se, then at the beggining of all this. I think my bodies been adjusting to it pretty well though. O yea, and my lower abs have revealed themselves this morning. They have finally made their debut:thumbup:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Tuesday, May 23

Meal plan
8:00- Wake up

9:00- First meal: 6 egg whites, bell peppers, onions, 2 slices cheese, 4 slices lowfat ham and 16 oz water (basically a badass omellete ;))

10-10:30: Swimming

12:00- Second meal: Whey protein shake

3:00- Third meal: 12 oz chicken breast, spices and 16 oz water

10:15- Final meal: 6 oz chicken breast, can of green beans and 16 oz water

Excersize
Swimming for 30 mins. (a few laps for fun but it wasent the whole time)

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), Multi-vitamin, Caffeine (300mg), Ginseng (600mg), Green tea (300mg) and on some days creatine (5g)

Mood
Wow for once I got a good sleep last night. Im still groggy though....but not too bad of a sleep last night...Starting to plan out my relativly clean bulk. Can't wait. Thats been keeping me busy latley, just trying to work out the details. Also been working alot and finally getting my tat thursday. Im pretty damned excited right now about everything....

Ending notes
Lower abs made a breif apperance in the A.M. today. Little guys left after I ate my first meal and downed some water. Very happy about this.

Fitday link

-jordan

Eszekial
05-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Jordan, keep up the great damn work!

It's insiprational to us ull.

I just looked in the mirror this morning and I was so proud of my abbs too.. I know how you feel. Keep up the great work man!

ddegroff
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
They arent low enough to really affect me but they are lower per se, then at the beggining of all this. I think my bodies been adjusting to it pretty well though. O yea, and my lower abs have revealed themselves this morning. They have finally made their debut:thumbup:

-jordan

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

keep it up! I think I may need to buy the book and check this plan out.

Jordanbcool
05-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Wenesday, May 24

Meal plan

9:30- First meal: 6 egg whites, onions, bell peppers, 6 slices lean roast beef, 1/2 slice cheese spices and 16 oz water

2:00- Whey protien shake (god I hate these things right now)

4:00- 12 oz chicken breast, 1 can green beans and 16 oz water

9:00- 6 oz chicken breast, spices and 16 oz water

Excersize
None

Supplements

Mood
I hate this diet. Im starving right now.........ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Counting down the freaking hours to my refeed saturday and sunday.....cant wait. I can actually have food! FOOD!

Ending notes
Sleep sucks, mood sucks, energy is pretty much gone due to my sleep and diet. Finally this diet is giving me trouble. I cant wait for the damned refeed. Thank god I only have 3 more days. However, After my refeed I'm seriously considering doing just one more week of a PSMF. Just to get down to 9%. This is a MAYBE though as I have to see how I am saturday morning. If im happy I will countinue my PSMF that day and have the refeed sunday. Then I will countinue maintanence for 2 weeks. If Im not happy I will refeed for the suggested two days and tack on another 6 days of PSMF. That sunday I will have one more refeed then maintanence for another 2 weeks. Then the start of my bulk. Its all up in the air right now though. O yea, and BTW im doing my workout without the gatorade. I'd like to see how that goes.

Fitday link

-jordan

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Pop an ephedrine and run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

Or in the case of yohimbe, with an erection.

Jordanbcool
05-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Pop an ephedrine and run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

Or in the case of yohimbe, with an erection.

haha....sicko.

Jordanbcool
05-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Thursday May 25

Meal plan

11:30- First meal: 6 egg whites, lean roast beef (3oz), spices, onions and a diet pepsi

1-4: Tattoo baby! woo

4:30- Second meal: 12 oz chicken breast, 16 oz water

10:30- Last meal: Protein shake and 6 oz chicken

Excersize
None

Supplements

Mood
Slept better then yesterday so I feel better. I feel ok right now. Not as bad as yesterday but not the best you know?

Ending notes
Unless my stomach gets HUGE over the course of two days I doubt I'm going to do another week of PSMF. It all depends on how I look monday morning. Tomarrow is the last day of this. Today I get my first tattoo. Very excited. :clap: I look great right now. Have a shallow 4 pack in the A.M. but I really dont care for the six pack anymore. I figure as long as I have a flat stomach I'm fine with it. Just wanna look great for the summer, and thats what I look. Great. I've learned alot about myself during these past 11 days.

Fitday link
Exactly the same as yesterdays considering i've run out of food. So I couldnt really eat anything different. I have enough PSMF food for tomarrow and thats it. Then Saturday I will have a CLEAN refeed. Sunday I will have a more relaxed refeed (basically eating whatever the whole day). I deserve that treat.

-jordan

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 11:23 AM
J-man,
Great work, man. Congrats!

on an ending note though, are you going to be happy with a would of, should of, could of, had that 6?

Sidior
05-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the cut bro, looks like a PSMF worked wonders for you. What is your ink going to look like?

Jordanbcool
05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
J-man,
Great work, man. Congrats!

on an ending note though, are you going to be happy with a would of, should of, could of, had that 6?

Possibly. It really depends on how I look with those 10 pounds of water weight added on. So I'm going too weigh myself saturday morning before I start the clean refeed. If monday morning I'm not satisfied then I will keep doing a PSMF for an additional 6 days. Really a six pack is kinda over-rated. I wouldnt mind a small tummy for summer, just as long as I can take off my shirt and walk around without feeling ashamed. Its not even a tummy really....its just not ripped.

And if your wondering I look exactly Like this kid does right now. I'll post a link to the thread with a good picture of it. The after pictures are un-canny compared to me. I looked exactly like that. However I'm bigger in a few areas (much bigger arms, traps etc. but the basic look is pretty close).

As too sidior the ink looks badass. Its right across my upper lats. The word "RESPECT" in old english. I just got the outline because I have some scarring from previous years of acne. First tattoo. Turned out fantastic, much better then I could have imagined. I will post the picture of it when the tattoo place puts in on their website as I cant get ahold of a camera at the moment.

-jordan

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/skylar112/me/?action=view&current=30poundslater.jpg
This is what I pretty much look like at the moment except like I said before; bigger.

ddegroff
05-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Nice work man, you're right you deserve a nice refeed!

Jordanbcool
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Friday, May 26

Meal plan

9:30- Snack: 3 oz lean roast beef.

12:00- First meal: 4 oz lean steak, 1 cup steamed veggies, 16 oz water and some divine cherry sauce (ate this at a restraunt). I have no clue the cals or macros for it but it was about 1 tsp so I'm not worried.

3:00- 6 egg whites, veggies, spices and 4 oz chicken breast

5:00- 6 oz chicken breast

6:00-7:15- Workout

8:00- 12 oz chicken breast

Excersize
Full body workout

Supplements

Mood
Tattoo is pealing. Its hot. Im cranky and annoyed.

Ending notes
I seem stuck at 11% bodyfat. Maybe another 6 days of PSMF will cure it? I look fine standing up but sitting down I have a stomach. Really annoyed at that. 4 pack goes away as soon as I eat something or drink fluids.

Everything is STILL up in the air though. Today is the last tenative day of my PSMF journey. So far no noticable muscle loss. My arms actually seem larger, and the rest of me is just more cut. Another reason why I'm considering dieting for 6 more days as my body dosent match my tummy. Very very stubborn stuff here. Clean bulk is coming up in a few weeks regardless. Next week I will be eating either maintanence or PSMFing. Follow along. I will record all that I eat tomarrow on my clean refeed.

Fitday link

-jordan

Eszekial
05-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Keep it up bro!

Sidior
05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
ink sounds really cool

Jordanbcool
05-26-2006, 10:06 PM
What a terrible workout today. Maybe its because its my last day on a PSMF? Maybe its because I didnt sleep good? Maybe its because I didnt take the gatorade?

Probably a little of everything. My intensity was nil today. Sunday when I have my dirty refeed (it actually wont be too bad I'll just have some doughnuts) i'll do another full body workout. Get the blood pumping, and get a hard workout in. Then in the A.M. monday we'll see how I am. If im not happy its a PSMF for another week. If I am its maintenance for two weeks (guesstimating it at 2900 cals.). I'll post my weight tomarrow. I'm at 11% bodyfat though. Thats about the only thing I do know. All in all not only was this a learning expirence but a great way to get a better feel for my body.

Not gonna post the workout today. I'm lazy, so what. My tats peeling. Gotta go rub the ointment on it, do some situps and hit the sack.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Damn. 182 pounds. So I lost about 10 pounds total. Now the fun part. Lets see how much water weight I pack on ;)

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Saturday, May 27

REFEED

I was going to set up this like I normally do (just with me eating alot more food) but its too hard since I have to eat so much. My refeed will be a median for what is suggested. Im consuming 450 grams of carbs (and loving every moment of it), 311 grams of protein and 103 grams of fat. Now all of this is just projected (remember I like to preplan my fitdays), so it may change slightly.

Carbs
Cream of wheat
Pasta with sauce
Cereal
Bannanas
BBQ chips (they actually arent very bad)
Milk
Rolls

Protein
Whey protein
Milk
Chicken
Steak
hotdog
Bacon
Cream of wheat surprisingly...

Fat
No signifigant sources of fat.

Like I said the macros may change but today almost half my diet is carbs! :)

Its like getting together with a long lost girlfriend. Hiya buddy! Lets go into my room, close the door and make sweet love.

-jordan

P.S. Now now now I know this is a CLEAN refeed and you guys may be wondering why I have chips in here. Well, as built said "as long as it fits into your macros its fair game". Plus I had to hit 4k cals somehow...

f=ma
05-27-2006, 07:41 AM
uh hotdogs & bacon are absolutely loaded with fat

unless that hotdog is fat free.. in which case why would you even eat it?

Jordanbcool
05-27-2006, 07:56 AM
uh hotdogs & bacon are absolutely loaded with fat

unless that hotdog is fat free.. in which case why would you even eat it?

Ah he has a good point.

When I say "bacon" Its only .8 of an oz. So Im really only eating 2 strips of bacon. The protein and fat are small but its very tasteful. I figured I should just throw it in for variety and to help me reach my calories easier.

O yea and no, the hotdog is not fat free. But dont fret. I will provide the fitday link after work today so you guys can critque it.

-jordan

BTW. Everything is projected, so it might change.

f=ma
05-27-2006, 10:43 AM
i gotcha, just thought I'd point it out.. when i think bacon i think lots of bacon so thats probably my fault lol

Jordanbcool
05-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Opinions are welcomed. No offense to anyone but that is what they are at this point as I have already consumed everything except the 6 oz chicken (which I will eat after work). So I really cant do anything about it at the moment. However if there is some extremly offensive food stuff I have consumed and you feel the sudden urge to explain to me why I shouldnt have eaten it please do so. Other veiwpoints are always good, but I think I did pretty good, I followed the book perfectly.

That being said I have some things to discuss for everyone following my thread.

1) I've decided against my "dirty" refeed because I can basically eat pretty much anything and still make it fit into my macros. So theres really no need to eat 12 doughnuts or go to a buffet or eat all fast food that day. I dont have to force myself to eat dirty. I think this is a great step for the best though because this PSMF has really opened my eyes to healthy eating habits.

2) It seems in my frustration that the reason my last diet did not work enough for me was my water weight. I'm at 11% bodyfat right now but you cannot tell if I stop "sucking it in". I have a fairly large stomach (but everyone tells me I have no stomach at all so I guess I'm just overly critical). Anyways, basically in mid-day you cannot see my lower abs but upon awakening you can barely see them. The glucose and water stores suck and being a "larger" guy I hold much more water then someone else. Hence I have to be at an even lower bodyfat (or dehydrate myself) to better see my abs.

So my question is. Would you guys (personally) stay at the bloated 11% or would you get down too maybe 8-9% bodyfat? My lifts havent really gone down since this PSMF just the intensity so, I think the muscle loss has been minimul. I ask everyone because I'm tored both ways. Part of me is perfectly happy with myself now, and proud at the weight loss. But another part of me wants that 6-pack everyone talks about. I figure I need to make the decision now because I'm already very very close to it.

Kudos to everyone, I gotta go too work so that concludes my ramble.

-jordan

BTW I have a rock hard keg. Its great. The first time in my life when I have a stomach that dosent jiggle......weird.

Jordanbcool
05-27-2006, 10:29 PM
No comments :confused:

Anyways Im bored so heres the workout for tomarrow. Its going to be very intense and my pre/post workouts will be perfect for any muscle building my body may do.

Squats- 3x3
Bench press- 3x3
Back raises- 3x12
Calf raises- 3x12
Dips-3x10
Shrugs- 4x8
Crunches- 4x8
Preacher curls- 3x10
Arm raises- 3x10

-jordan

BTW. I'll record the weights this time.

Sidior
05-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Opinions are welcomed. No offense to anyone but that is what they are at this point as I have already consumed everything except the 6 oz chicken (which I will eat after work). So I really cant do anything about it at the moment. However if there is some extremly offensive food stuff I have consumed and you feel the sudden urge to explain to me why I shouldnt have eaten it please do so. Other veiwpoints are always good, but I think I did pretty good, I followed the book perfectly.

That being said I have some things to discuss for everyone following my thread.

1) I've decided against my "dirty" refeed because I can basically eat pretty much anything and still make it fit into my macros. So theres really no need to eat 12 doughnuts or go to a buffet or eat all fast food that day. I dont have to force myself to eat dirty. I think this is a great step for the best though because this PSMF has really opened my eyes to healthy eating habits.

2) It seems in my frustration that the reason my last diet did not work enough for me was my water weight. I'm at 11% bodyfat right now but you cannot tell if I stop "sucking it in". I have a fairly large stomach (but everyone tells me I have no stomach at all so I guess I'm just overly critical). Anyways, basically in mid-day you cannot see my lower abs but upon awakening you can barely see them. The glucose and water stores suck and being a "larger" guy I hold much more water then someone else. Hence I have to be at an even lower bodyfat (or dehydrate myself) to better see my abs.

So my question is. Would you guys (personally) stay at the bloated 11% or would you get down too maybe 8-9% bodyfat? My lifts havent really gone down since this PSMF just the intensity so, I think the muscle loss has been minimul. I ask everyone because I'm tored both ways. Part of me is perfectly happy with myself now, and proud at the weight loss. But another part of me wants that 6-pack everyone talks about. I figure I need to make the decision now because I'm already very very close to it.

Kudos to everyone, I gotta go too work so that concludes my ramble.

-jordan

BTW I have a rock hard keg. Its great. The first time in my life when I have a stomach that dosent jiggle......weird.

If you want to start gaining muscle again, bulk from the 11% you are at now. If you really want that 6 pack, keep cutting till 8% or so. Personally I would bulk.

Holto
05-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Bro,

Throw some goals out there:

1) End of This cut
2) Next 3 months
3) Next 6 months
4) 2 years from today
5) Ulitimate Goal (X # of lbs @ X Bodyfat %)

Try to use as much detail as possible for 2 & 5.

Jordanbcool
05-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Bro,

Throw some goals out there:

1) End of This cut
2) Next 3 months
3) Next 6 months
4) 2 years from today
5) Ulitimate Goal (X # of lbs @ X Bodyfat %)

Try to use as much detail as possible for 2 & 5.

1)If I were to continue on a PSMF (my cut) it would be to have 9% bodyfat.
2) Bench two 100 pound dumbells, squat 415 for three reps, and dead lift in the 400s. I'd also like to work on my back alot more and develop my chest.
3) Dont really know what too say here because thats a ways away. I'd have to see how much 3 month goals went. Maybe to be able too crush an apple with my bare hands ;)
4) 2 years from today. Thats easy. To be over the 200 mark and at 9-11% bodyfat (as you can see I dont really plan on becoming fat ever again in my life and i'd consider fat above 15%.)
5) I'd like to give myself the lofty goal of being 225 pounds of muscle at 11% bodyfat or to be 215 (or around that) at 9%. Basically a freaking house with legs (for my height atleast). I figure I'd have to start dipping into steroids too reach those numbers.

Speaking of that. Holto you had a very good point and i've made a personal decision to not even think about taking steroids until I'm at 200 pounds with 10% bodyfat. Just until I reach that mark its off limits.

I will post the workout for today along with an analysis of this PSMF.

And thats one vote for bulking. Any other takers? I cant base my decision on just one vote :P

-jordan

Sidior
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Jordan how tall are you again btw?

Jordanbcool
05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Jordan how tall are you again btw?

5'8

Sidior
05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
ya 225 at 11% would be enormous

Jordanbcool
05-28-2006, 04:46 PM
ya 225 at 11% would be enormous

Yup. I'm pretty big now but I know I could be alot bigger. I still can feel my shoulder blades. I hate that. But I guess i'd rather feel that then a huge fatroll.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Sunday, May 28

Refeed workout

Dumbell bench press
75x3
80x3
85x5 (most i've ever done)

Squats
245x3
265x3
285x3

Arm raises
25x12
25x10
25x8

Dumbell Shrugs
75x10
80x10
85x10

Close handed pushups
3x10

Curls
40x8
40x7
40x5
50x4

Back raises
70x12
70x12
70x12

Leg raises
3x20

O yea, and I think im going to walk around the block if I get some time.

Basically my all around strength has not decreased. My bench actually went up (or the reps atleast). But my curl weight was very low. Also my squats went down by a few pounds but other then that strength seems the same.

I know I've lost some muscle but I dont think it was anything significant.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-29-2006, 07:51 AM
186 pounds. Only four pounds of water weight eh?

And I still dont know if I want to keep doing maintanence or cut.....:swear:

-jordan

EDIT: BTW. Im doing maintanence now. I guess sidior won after all.

Reasons for it
1)Doing a PSMF for sub 10% levels is not the best way to go about it.
2)I'd like too try out the UD2 diet next, maybe then I can get too sub 10% levels.
3)Personally I'd rather be at 11% simply because I have alot more bulk. Im sure if I cut even more I would look scrawny which I dont want.
4)Its much better to go into a bulk at 11% then 8% for muscle building purposes.
5)Im always told I good I look by alot of people (family, friends etc.)
6)I hate cutting.

So thats pretty much it. If I still feel the need too cut again or if I get fat I can always just do another PSMF. I am now going to construct a long list of things i've learned since last year, my goals this year and the people that have helped me along the way. I will try to come up with some pics.

-jordan

Sidior
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
haha yes...bulk for the win!

Holto
05-29-2006, 05:56 PM
So what would you project your weight to be at 9%?

Jordanbcool
05-29-2006, 07:45 PM
So what would you project your weight to be at 9%?

With water weight added on....probably 178-182.

O yea, and sidior Im still considering another 6-day PSMF simply because I'd like some breathing room for my bulk (i.e. not having to cut every 2 months). Sorry. lol

-jordan

Sidior
05-29-2006, 08:01 PM
:(

Jordanbcool
05-29-2006, 08:57 PM
:(

O please. lol....I'm STILL debating with myself about it all.......ehhh

I had some really good points earlier and I thought I had myself convinced but then I imagined myself having to cut again this summer (which would annoy me) since I have a borderline gut. I just....bloat very easliy so, I was thinking about cutting to a lower level so I dont have to constantly measure and weigh myself and blah blah. I'd know when Im getting fat when I cant see my abs, then I can cut again. With this water weight its much harder too tell....I'll sleep on it and whatever I decide on tomarrow morning i'll have to stick with since I'm going on vacation next week!

-jordan

P.S. I still have to write out that big thread on what i've learned etc. etc. etc.....been busy with memorial weekend and work so I havent even started it.....lazy ass me:(

ddegroff
05-30-2006, 08:07 AM
I would finish off your cut (another 6days of psmf or UD 2). BUT its your choice, if your happy with yourself then go with bulk. I'm at the same stage you are, I could cut to sub 10 but i'm happy with the way I look right now.

Also: Looking at your goals I would bump up the db one. 95lbs aint much compared to your squat and dead goals (just an observation).

Jordanbcool
05-30-2006, 08:16 AM
I would finish off your cut (another 6days of psmf or UD 2). BUT its your choice, if your happy with yourself then go with bulk. I'm at the same stage you are, I could cut to sub 10 but i'm happy with the way I look right now.

Also: Looking at your goals I would bump up the db one. 95lbs aint much compared to your squat and dead goals (just an observation).

True. Thats a very good point about the bench press. I havent attempted it yet but I'm sure I could bench two 90's. The only reason I havent tried is because I've been cutting for the past 4 months. (the first 3 I was following builts carb cycling and I lost about 6 pounds on that...went too slow for me so thats why I tried out the PSMF).

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Tuesday, May 30

Meal plan
10:00- Wake up

10:30- First meal: 12 oz chicken breast, spices, and 16 oz water

12:00-1:15: Workout w/gatorade

1:30- Second meal: 6 egg whites, spices, 3 oz lean turkey breast and 16 oz water

5:00- Third meal: Protein shake :(

8:00- Last meal: 6 oz chicken breast, spices and 16 oz water

Excersize
Full body workout
30 minutes slow walk

Supplements

Mood
I feel groggy but pretty good right now. That 3 day refeed was great. It was good to actually taste normal food again.

Ending notes
I'm going to do some things differently.
1) I will do a 30 minute walk everyday (maybe even a fasted walk)
2) I'm going to only have a gatorade on ONE of my workouts and just deal with it the second time
3) I will be as restrictive as possible on this one since its the last week
4) I'm changing up my reps and sets to be short and sweet on this week of PSMF. Not only will that limit gym time but it will help me from getting tired easily and basically burning out in the gym.
5) My end goal is just to lose this extra 2-3 lbs of fat which shouldnt be hard considering how well my PSMF went the first time. Once the 6-days are over I'll have a nice refeed and do maintanence for 2 weeks before I start my bulk. And for people wondering, If for some unforseen reason I dont make it this time I'm NOT PSMFing anymore, or cutting for that matter. I'll just deal with it as I'm pretty satisfied with myself now. I just dont want to have to cut mid-august. That would be a pain.

Stats.
186 pounds
5'8
11% bodyfat

Fitday linky

O yea, and sorry sidior haha. Dont worry i'll be bulking soon enough.

-jordan

P.S. This week I can work on that thread which I'm actually excited about. I can thank everyone in one thread while listing my goals and such. Im actually thinking about just putting it into my journal and PMing all the people i'd like too read it.

Jordanbcool
05-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Fantastic workout today!

I got to work out with one of my football buddies. He was a great motivation, really made me push myself. Even though I was on a PSMF I destroyed the weight today because of his encouragment....very happy that I ran into him today. It was good to catch up.

Dumbell bench press- 3x3
Military press- 3x3
Concentration curls- 3x5
Leg extensions- 2x10
Weighted situps- 3x8
Skull crushers- 3x20
Tricep pulldowns- 3x5
Calf raises- 3x10
Shrugs- 3x5

My reps were really skewed today. But they weight was the same, I just wanted to play around with what weight I could do. Im still satisfied with the workout and my friend showed me some new excersizes to kill the triceps.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Everything is exactly the same as yesterday, so I dont feel the need to waste everyones time/mine by writing a new one.

-jordan

Edit: Except of course I didnt workout :)

Jordanbcool
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Again my diet has been the same so far so I'm not going to post anymore meaningless info. My mood has been fine and the fat loss is still going pretty great. My next cut I'm def. going too try out the UD2 diet.

I did do a full body workout today though and it went great. I took some advice from people and knocked off three excersizes. Trying too keep it short and sweet. Heres what I did today.

Leg press- 3x3
Full squat- 3x3
Cable curls- 5x5
Arm raises- 4x8
Dips- 3x10
Side crunches- 2x24

Short and sweet workout. I went pretty heavy on everthing and got out of there 15 minutes early. Strength was the same throughout and I curled more weight since I was doing 5x5. A good workout today. Very good.

I did my usual walk but the past two days i've bumped it up too 40 minutes. Just trying to kill off as many extra calories as I can. I've also decided too do another workout saturday or sunday without any gatorade. Its probably going too suck but hopefully it wont. Sundays the last day then its maintanence for two weeks.

Today I'm ordering nitrean and picking up some weight gainer in preperation for my upcoming bulk. :) Very excited.

Also my thread that i've been working on is coming up nicely.

-jordan

Eszekial
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Pics Pics Pics!!!!

Sensei
06-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Where are the weights?????

Jordanbcool
06-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Where are the weights?????

They havent gone down (yet). So I havent posted any weight during my PSMF. I pretty much go really heavy and do low reps.

1) So I keep strength the same
2) Totally destroying my muscles isnt smart on a PSMF
3) I simply dont have the energy too do more then 5 reps. (unless its very light weight)

So for example. Lets say I can normally do (on leg press) 430 for 6 fairly easy reps. That same weight I can still do the 430 but I can barely do it for 3 reps. Muscle loss seems small since my lifts have stayed the same (and my muscles havent gotten smaller, or atleast that I can notice).

O yea....and I will get up pics ASAP. I just need too take some pics and find a damned camera.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Wow. Those full squats really hurt right now. My quads havent hurt this much since I started weightlifting.....The pain was so intense I couldnt sleep last night and cant really walk today.

So I got a whopping 2 hours of sleep last night and right now I'm pretty much running on caffeine. The pain has subsided though because I put some bengay on it. I didnt pull anything....it was just a hard workout I guess.

Excited for my upcoming bulk. Going too use BGB.

-jordan

P.S. This whole psmf I've been eating 6 egg whites, 3 oz of ham, 18 oz of chicken breast and my usual protein shake. I havent differed at all supplement wise and diet wise....so yea. Thats why I stopped recording them.

Or is the real reason simply because I'm lazy....

ddegroff
06-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Good choice on BGB. Found that camera yet?

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Good choice on BGB. Found that camera yet?

I was actually stalling till sunday when my PSMF is finally over. :smoke:

And I'd like too include the before and after pics in that thread (or post?) I'm working on. Its coming along nicely.

Jordanbcool
06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
UPDATE

Well guys this last week of PSMF has been going pretty good so far but as expected its ran into some problems. First off, I cannot get down too sub 10% levels. Right now (just had it checked) and I'm 10.5%. This PSMF was great too catch up but like I've said before, isnt the smartest thing to do for sub 10% levels. I've pretty much stopped at this weight/bodyfat level.

New Plan

The UD2 diet. Perfect for dialing down too 9% bodyfat (my goal). It will also be good to gain back the muscle I lost during my PSMF. Anyways, I have the UD2 book and I'm halfway through reading it. Looks great. Bascially a PSMF combined with some major refeeds to help build some muscle. I'm also seriously considering it on my next bulk (with modifications of course).

To sum it all up

Today and Tomarrow- PSMF
Monday-Sunday- Maintanence
The week after- Possibly doing another week of maintanence (have too consult the books)
Third week- The start of my UD2 diet

It just wouldnt be healthy to jump straight from a PSMF too the UD2 diet. I will probably only do maintanence for one week to save time but we'll see. I've looked at my body and I'm very proud of it but I dont like it that the rest of me is solid but my stomach is soft. Atleast i've made up my mind. Starting too get excited again for 3 reasons.
1) Vacation is coming up soon
2) Going to get my tattoo filled in (week or two)
3) Starting this UD2 diet.

:clap:

-jordan

P.S. I have reached my goal of 10% (or close too it) but like most bodybuilders I want more. I think 9% would be much better

ddegroff
06-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Looking good man! I just read UD2.0, gonna start it on Monday. If you can take it, lyle really recommends doing two weeks of maintanence before doing the UD2.0 (gives your bodies hormones to come back to normal). IS that picture of your tat up yet?

Sensei
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
They havent gone down (yet). So I havent posted any weight during my PSMF. I pretty much go really heavy and do low reps.
-jordan
It's your log, but it's nice to be able to see the weights you are using right away rather than search through 3-4 pages of log to find them.

Jordanbcool
06-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Yea you guys are totally right. I've been promising those damned pics for more then a week now. I might have time today too post some pics. It wont be much though probably just a picture of my tattoo and a "before" picture (when I was fat). Im not sure If i'd like too post an after picture soon (I kinda want to wait till im totally done dieting).

Ok. Now I need even more feedback.

You guys know that these past 5 days I've done PSMF. I just recently found out (from lyle himself) that this was a HUGE mistake. He discourages it in his book but he also discourages the PSMF diet in the first place. I just didnt give it a second thought. I figured that since I had a 3 day refeed and that since I'd only be doing 6 days of PSMF that it wouldnt matter.

So basically the fat loss has stalled. Why? I just figured it was....because using a PSMF for dialing down too sub 10% levels dosent really work. Lyle told me it works but I run the risk of losing more LBM the leaner I get. He said its been done pretty successfully with my type of bodyfat levels (11%). He suggested a 1-2 day refeed then maintanence for about 2 weeks. After that another cycle of PSMF would work just as well as the first. He didnt want too go into details with the hormones, metabolism etc. etc. but he just told me that these two weeks my body is pretty much "broken". I have too fix it.

After these two weeks of maintanence should I start another cycle of PSMF or maybe delve into the UD2 diet? I want too start both for a few reasons.

PSMF
1)Alot less complicated then the UD2 diet.
2)I've already had amazing success on the first 12 days of my PSMF.
3)I kinda just want too finish this out and see were it goes.
4)Not really concerned with muscle loss if I was to do another PSMF. Im going slightly over maintanence so I can add on a small amount of muscle between cycles.
5)Again refeeds work too build back lost muscle...so yea. Not really concerned about that

UD2
Something new too try
I can probably build a good amount of muscle (not alot but you know)
Better for going sub 10% then a PSMF

I know i've told everyone I'm happy with myself now but I cant stand the lower back fat. The tummy, yea I dont care. But the lower back fat is so annoying. Either way (a UD2 or a PSMF) I wouldnt have too be on either long because I'm already so close.....I'm talking too much. Read up and send in your thoughts. I gotta go too the gym soon.

-jordan

PS. Im laying off the weights this coming week. Im doing some cardio but other then that the weights are going away for 7 days. I need the break.

PPS. Im going too post that thread soon. Its come out great.

ddegroff
06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Personally I like the effects of the UD2 (psychologically) more than PSMF. Theres no way I could do PSMF everyday for an extended period of time. With that said, it seems that you can handle it so maybe it would be a good idea to finish it off with PSMF (runs off to read PSMF book, to give more insight). The week of rest is such a good idea, I feel that it effects me both physically and mentally.

Now about those pictures...

Jordanbcool
06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Personally I like the effects of the UD2 (psychologically) more than PSMF. Theres no way I could do PSMF everyday for an extended period of time. With that said, it seems that you can handle it so maybe it would be a good idea to finish it off with PSMF (runs off to read PSMF book, to give more insight). The week of rest is such a good idea, I feel that it effects me both physically and mentally.

Now about those pictures...

After a certain point of dieting you pretty much become a muscle burning machine. This break will do me great and as long as I control my eating (being sure to make maintanence everday I should lose a great deal of fat whichever diet I choose. Right now I'm just reading up, learning some more etc. etc. Tomarrow is my vacation so for a few days I wont be able to update this..

-jordan

Built
06-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Ditch the flax and sub in fish oil. It's more bioavailable.

Built
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Oh, and use this for the link in your sig: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1397256.new#new

That way, it will always go to the most recent post.

ddegroff
06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Have fun on vacation!

Eszekial
06-05-2006, 10:12 AM
PICS!

And have fun on vacation!

Eszekial
06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome back homefry!

Jordanbcool
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Heres a much needed update!

Well this past week I've been on vacation (it was very fun by the way) which was needed. I tried to live a normal life for once. Left the weights, cardio and diet alone and just relaxed. I seriously think this helped me out ALOT because of the whole central nervous system thingy. You know when you burn yourself out from lifting too hard while dieting. Also my left elbow tendon (if you can call it that) has been killing me. This week gave me as much physical rest as it did mental.

So this week is maintanence with normal cardio, lifting and maintanence calories. This should finish up my normalcy until I start my UD2 diet Monday. I plan to follow along with ddgroff and zek so we can all compare everything before, during and after our dieting. It will be great to have someone to compare too and relate.

Tenative UD2 plan

Monday- I will be eating around 1400 calories today. The marjority will obviously come from protein with a few carbs and fats. Normally carbs would be non-existant today but since I'm doing the depletion workout I'm going to need the gatorade to get me through it.

Macros- 245g P, 42g C, 22g F
This translates into= 980 cals from protein, 166 from carbs and 200 from fat.

Depletion workout- Two hours of short rest, high rep full body workout. This will suck balls but it has to be done. I'm going to stick it out for two full hours working my butt off simply because I think splitting it over two days is a waste of time.

Tuesday- Today will be 1250 cals. Again mostly from protein sources.

Macros- 245g P, 6g C, 22g F

So I didnt drink the gatorade because I dont need it. Everything else is the same as monday.

Cardio- Some light walking or jogging. Nothing crazy. Just something to help with the fat oxidation and glycogen depletion. It will most likely be fasted walking in the AM.

Wenesday

Today will be another repeat of Tuesday except without the cardio. Just a rest day. Still a depletion day though, so PSMF type dieting. Macros and cals are pretty much the same as I am eating the same foods during these 3 days.

Thursday

AM- Another great PSMF type half day. Goodie. I also get the joy of moving my tension workout earlier in the day since I have work later tonight.

Macros- 155g P, 18g F
620 cals. from protein and 161 cals. from fat

Bascially in the AM I'm just eating chicken and water until 2ish.

Cadio- Some cardio today. Probably a long drawn out jog (3-4) miles at a moderate pace. Still not crazy but not as relaxed as tuesdays.

PM- Begin carb load/tension workout.

So, since I'm starting my workout earlier (about 4 hours earlier). I get to carb load earlier. There are a few reasons for this. One being I have to work that night and another is so I dont have to keep getting up during the night too feast.

Macros- 75g P, 190g C, 20g F

Nothing really spectacular with the carb-up as it is the beginning.

Right now I'm simply playing around with the numbers/macros/food stuffs so I cant really give and exact calorie count just a rough estimate of the macros that I will try too hit. Today the calories (total) will be about 2k. About a thousand calories under maintanence....

Workout- A typical bodybuilder tension workout. A cross between the high rep workout of monday and the power workout of saturday.

On that note I will be eating CLEAN during the week. That means monday-friday. For people wondering, yes I am having a totally clean carb up. Two reasons for this. 1) Too limit fat gain. 2) To simply make myself feel better about stuffing my face.

Dont worry junk food is at hand.

Friday

A day of rest...and gourging. No cardio, no workout, no dieting. I will be pigging out today but cleanly. And I'm working the macros out for this....It seems physically impossible for a human being to get the amount of grams I need. It amounts to 6k calories of pure carbs. 7k total.....I'm really going to have too pace myself today. It will be a challange in itself.

Saturday/Sunday

Maintanence calories today and tomarrow. Junk food will happily be eaten today. Dont feel like working out the macros but the calories will be 2900.

Power workout
Having a great hard workout today. I'll probably even lower my auxilary lifts too 5x5. Good hard (maybe long) workout at the gym. Then some normal eating for two days. Cycle starts over again.

Here are the sample sets/reps for all three workouts.

Depletion- Full body workout. 9 excersizes total probably repeated twice. 3x15 (3x10 for core lifts) with 30 second rest periods for 2 hours straight. Sucks.

Tension- 3x6 for core lifts. 4x8 for auxilaries

Power- 3x3 for core lifts. 5x5 for auxilaries.

Thats all I got from now mmmkay? This is a rough blueprint. I may revise it but wont post a "new" one. I'll simply correct whats already posted and everyone can follow along when I actually start it monday.

-jordan

O yea. And since its summer I will be doing alot more physical activity such as swimming, walking around and maybe even biking. All of it will be recreational but I dont think I'm going too record it. Its just a daily part of life now that the weather is good.

ddegroff
06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Glad to have you back! A week off is always a good idea. TRUST me the carb up on friday is tougher than it sounds (especailly clean). I cut up potatoes and cooked 'em in oven, sooo good. Workouts look good man, this diet has it way low points and its high points, GOOD LUCK!

Jordanbcool
06-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Yesterdays maintanence workout

Full squat:
125x3
155x3
175x3

Leg press:
270x3
360x3
470x3

Dumbell Arm raises-
20x8
20x8
20x8
20x8

Dumbell decline situps-
60x10
65x10
65x10

Dumbell Concentration curls-
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5
55x3 (forced assisted reps.)

Lat rows-
120x10
120x10
140x10

Leg curls-
45x10
45x10
50x10

Pushups-
30,15, 10 (reps.)

Good workout today. Weight has pretty much stayed the same since I started dieting. Even though my full squats are low they are great muscle builders and i've just started doing them butt too floor. Other then that I havent broken any records or lost any weight. Thats a good sign because it shows that I havent lost any muscle (atleast nothing big).

-jordan

Jordanbcool
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
O yea and I'm posting that "thank you" thread soon. Any ideas on where I should post it would be appreciated. The pics Im posting will be of my face with maybe one full body pic and a pic of my tattoo. Im saving the pics of my back, legs, etc. for after my UD2.

-jordan

Eszekial
06-13-2006, 01:34 PM
JDBC -
Help me out here...
Mon - Wed is 1/2 of maintenance. 1 glyco depletion workout on either mon or tues.

Thursday is 1/2 the day normal, 1/2 the day on carb refeed. 1 full body workout, 3-8 rep HIT.

Friday Is Full Refeed Day.

Saturday Is maintenance + Power Lifter Training
Sunday is Maintenance.

Is that correct? I was under the impression there were 4 workouts.. Or are there just 3?

I remember reading you said you read ud2 twice.

Jordanbcool
06-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Lyle suggests doing the depletion workout over two days for many reasons. The main one being its hard as hell to do this type of workout for 2 hours straight let alone do it on a PSMF type diet. That being said its not impossible just harder too get through. I'm curious too see how I handle it. Since I took the PSMF diet so well I'm guessing my body simply deals well without carbs.

This is another reason why I did the PSMF. The fat loss is a bonus but the main reason is too get some better knowledge of my body and how it reacts to different situations.

-jordan

So yea. Lyle sets it up for four workout days but also stated if you wanted too you could combine both workouts on one day. Much much harder then spreading it out but...I'd like too see what happens.

Jordanbcool
06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Wenesday, June 14

Special notes: Side crunches are done by a machine. Great workout today!

Workout

Decline bench:
230x6
250x6
290x6

Dumbell Military press:
45x6
45x6
50x6

Pushups-
25, 15, 10

Cable curls-
50x5
50x5
50x5
60x5
60x4

Dumbell shrugs-
75x8
75x8
80x8
85x8

Leg extensions-
70x10
70x10
70x10

Farmers walk-
Used two 95 dumbells

Side crunches-
130x20
130x20

Back raises (dumbell)-
70x12
70x12
70x12

Explosive workout today! Worked all body parts very hard and felt exhausted afterwards. Went up in either weight or reps. in most of my excersizes. :nod:

-jordan

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice workout bro! Are you doing those declines with free weight yet? or are you still using the smith type set up?

Jordanbcool
06-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Nice workout bro! Are you doing those declines with free weight yet? or are you still using the smith type set up?

Smith type machine....but only because I dont have a spotter. I can do alot of weight on it but I know if I used dumbells It would probably be two 80's. I'll try it out next time. But yea, I usually cant snag the decline bench because someone is ALWAYS doing situps on it. :(

-jordan

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I hate that ****! Do what you can, free weights are always better (you know that). Kick his lame ass off and use it, lol!

Eszekial
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey bro! Just stopping by to say have a tight workout tonight!

Eszekial
06-16-2006, 08:44 AM
I hope you've eaten an entire house made of potatoes and bread by now.

Jordanbcool
06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
O zek! I havent started the UD2 yet silly. :D

But GREAT news. I finally took some pics of myself! I took about 5-6 shoots in kinda poor lighting (but hopefully enough to see it) so I can get the whole badass shadow effect going on.

Then tomarrow I'll take some better pics out in the sunlight (tattoo pics also). Im using a camera with no flash so hopefully those first few pics will turn out....and if not then the ones in sunlight should work (i dont like too waste). Im probably going to take some backup ones on my moms kodak just in case....but in the next couple of days i'll have some up!

So yea...I lost the digital and i've been promising pics for a 2-3 weeks now with no delivery. I really want an evaluation before I get in deep with my UD2. Plus it will be good to have pics online so I can evaluate myself yearly...

-jordan

P.S. I had a great workout today...i'll post it tomarrow when I wake up.

Jordanbcool
06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Friday, June 16th

Special notes: Set a PR for deads!

Workout

Dumbell Bench press:
75x3
85x3

Deads:
205x3
275x3
345x2

Tricep pulldowns-
90x10
110x10
120x10

Calve curls-
90x12
100x12
115x12

Dumbell Lateral raises-
25x8
25x8
25x8
25x8

Crunches-
60x10
70x10
90x10

Pullups-
3x4

Lat rows-
120x5
140x5
140x5
140x5
140x5

Great workout today! Except my bench press had to be cut short (I was going to attempt two 90 pound dumbells) but my left elbow was killing me. I found out thats how I tore it in the first place so Im going to try and take it easy on them this coming week.

I cant wait too start UD2 monday!

-jordan

P.S. I found out why I dont sleep good. Apparently there is a buildup of tissue in my nose.....Some minor surgery and everything should be good as new! I'm glad I found this out..

KevinStarke
06-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Nice workout man, good pulling.

Jordanbcool
06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Nice workout man, good pulling.

Thanks. The pullups and the lat rows killed my back (in a good way).

Today my abs, calves, and back are really sore so I guess I hit them pretty hard...Really proud of that deadlift considering I havent done them in a while. My grip usually fails but it didnt this time.

Eszekial
06-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Where are those bloody pictures?

Jordanbcool
06-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Where are those bloody pictures?

There are being developed right now! :thumbup: (They should be done in a few days probably by tuesday, the place was busier because of fathers day).

I hope they turn out good. I work very hard on my body and hopefully these pictures will show that.

And I start UD2 tomarrow!

ddegroff
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Great work on deads man!!

Have fun with the first day! AND that 2hr workout your planning, lol!

Jordanbcool
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Monday, June 19

Starting weight- 188 depleted

Meal Plan

10:30- Nitrean shake (2 scoops) with water

11:00- 6 egg whites, 4 oz turkey breast, 2 slices lowfat cheese and 16 oz water

1:20- Gatorade and 2 cups coffee in preparation for workout

1:30-2:30- Full body workout :cry:

3:00- Nitrean shake (2 scoops) with water

5:00- 6 oz chicken breast w/spices and 16 oz water

7:00- 6 oz chicken breast w/spices and 16 oz water

8:00- Finished the rest of my depletion workout

Excersize
Depleted walking (1 hour)
Full body workout (2 hours) Split up into two sessions

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), Multi, and Creatine (3g)

Mood
Wanting to kick the snot out of lyle mcdonald

Ending notes
So it looks like I didnt make it through my 2 hour workout after all. I guess I underestimated this diet. First off I had too cut the weight I normally do in HALF which made me feel like a girl (plus look like one when Im struggling with such low weight). My energy was totally gone and I almost passed out on the leg press using weight I usually warm up with! Plus the volume was just too much to do in a public gym, I felt bad hogging up machines. O yea....and dont get me started on the dizziness/pain/extreme desire too find lyle mcdonald and kick his ass.

I hate this depletion day already and its not even half over...I fell like crap right now....:(

-jordan

Fitday link

P.S. Im going too nap for a while. Instead of finishing up my cardio I decided just too finish up my depletion workout.

Jordanbcool
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
First depletion workout

Leg press- 6x15
Tricep pulldowns- 2x15
Skull crushers- 2x15
Curls-2x15
Dumbell curls-2x15
Pushups-30,15,10
Leg extension- 2x12
Lat rows- 6x15
Arm raises- 2x12

Its not exactly like the sample workout lyle proposed but I honestly dont know how he did so much volume. All the excersizes I listed above took me exactly an hour to do with the rest times suggested by lyle yet I think in his workouts he did about 4-5 more excersizes (and thats alot more considering how many reps we have too do) then I did on one given day???

Zek and ddegroff do you guys have any comments about this or have you ran into similar problems? I know it dosent have to be exactly like lyles but I wanted it to be close.

Tomarrows workout will include no direct arm work but instead some calve/ab work. Everything else will be the same legs/back/chest etc. etc.

-jordan

ddegroff
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Haha, I was rooting for you but I figured it would go like this. I found the best way to do it, is 6 sets of major muscles (legs/ches/back). I do all 6 sets for each body part. Then I Do a few lat raises, curls, tricep exercises (usually 2 sets each). Then I repeat this tomorrow, but only shoot for 5 sets and usually don't do any direct arm work.

BUT any workout sucks right now, I just focus on the large muscles and hit them hard.

Just remember its just 3 days until you can gourge yourself!

Jordanbcool
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I was actually toying with the idea that I could go back and finish up my workout later tonight. I dont work mondays (or tuesdays) which is the reason I'm doing most of my depletion on these two days (including cardio for the entire week). That way when I do work or when I want to do something I'm free to do so....

And also because I'm bored..

Eszekial
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Dude, my brain is so gone right now i couldn't distinguish a horse from a donkey...

Jordanbcool
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Dude, my brain is so gone right now i couldn't distinguish a horse from a donkey...

LOL!!?? :scratch: :p

I feel kinda brain dead too at the moment.....kinda like Im in a "fog". My two main thoughts are food and sleep..

Eszekial
06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I am no joke, in a constant state of panic, like, every few seconds i have to remind myself what the hell i was just doing.

I literally haven't had over 5 carbs in the last 9 hrs... Go ketones go!

Jordanbcool
06-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Second depletion workout

Decline bench- 6x15
Squats- 6x15
Hamstring curls- 4x15
Calf curls- 4x15
Shrugs- 6x15
Side crunches- 4x15
Bent over lateral raises- 4x15
Situps- 4x15

Took me exactly an hour too finish. I'm so glad I'm done with this gay workout! This guy at my gym was doing some tricep extensions with the same weight I was benching! Well he wasent doing 90 reps like I was........and hes on steroids....but still! But yea, tomarrow i'll do an hour of depleted walking and that will be it for my weekly cardio. Glad too just get everything over with..

-jordan

ddegroff
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Glad to see your finished it!

I've got my second one tomorrow early after class. have fun with day two! (not nearly as bad as day 3!!)

Jordanbcool
06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Tuesday, June 21

Meal plan

11:30- First meal: Super shake (4 scoops Nitrean)

1:00- Second meal: 6 Egg whites, 2 slices of lowfat cheese, 4 oz turkey breast and 16 oz water

5:00- Last meal: 12 oz chicken breast w/spices and 16 oz water

Not very much volume today but this will be the last day I use nitrean as a large part of my protein intake. It does taste fantastic though..

Excersize
None

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), Multi, Creatine (5g)

Mood
Very very sore from yesterdays depleted squats. Probably going to just rest/play video games the whole day. I need it..

Ending notes
Nothing really...just a rest day pretty much

Fitday link

-jordan

ddegroff
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I thought you were gonna do a depleated hour walk today?

haha, to tired huh, its cool man rest up and enjoy the day off!

Eszekial
06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
ETS really helped me with soreness.. Maybe give that a try if you're so inclined.

Keep it up bro.

Jordanbcool
06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I thought you were gonna do a depleated hour walk today?

haha, to tired huh, its cool man rest up and enjoy the day off!

True. I'll probably do one later today, I'll change around the post if I do it.

ddegroff
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
LOL, i was just giving you a hard time. Squats haven't even crossed my mind during these depletion WO. Since your on such low cals might be a good idea to let your body rest and repair.

Eszekial
06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
What day are you going to make your "official weigh" day... I'm thinking about weighing myself every tuesday morning, or maybe monday morning?

What do you think?

Also, what do you take in as pre and post workout? Since we aren't allowed to take in carbs and all :D

Jordanbcool
06-21-2006, 02:04 PM
What day are you going to make your "official weigh" day... I'm thinking about weighing myself every tuesday morning, or maybe monday morning?

What do you think?

Also, what do you take in as pre and post workout? Since we aren't allowed to take in carbs and all :D

My official weigh days will probably be saturday mornings so I can gauge my carb up. If not that then maybe mondays....I still cant really decide.

As for the second one I usually take some stimulants. Maybe some cheap energy pill I find laying around (my mother uses alot of them to "lose" weight), caffeine pills or 2-3 cups of black coffee. Since I'm running low on the first two this past week i've been drinking 3 cups of plain black coffee on my drive to the gym. Then during lifting I drink a bottle of gatorade (very low on calories, 130 a bottle and really helps too get me past it). The black coffee tastes nasty but its cheap and effective.

I decided to diet the whole day thursday (like some people I think half a day of dieting is a waste of time). I'll just have to force myself to eat those 7600 calories in one day. Im so happy though because I have this large peice of cake all set out waiting for me friday :evillaugh

Are you guys using vinager for you carbups??

-jordan

P.S. For post workout I have some nitrean (3 scoops) in water. It still tastes great even then!

ddegroff
06-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I eat 75% of my cals up until my workout thursday night. Then its a good size preworkout shake 50g of CHO and then same type of shake afterwards. This usually happens around 9pm so its a whole day of dieting.

For the weekends I've just been eating, not really tracking. This weekend Saturday is gonna be at Maintenance, then sunday will be -20% of maitenance.

About that gatorade... I've been thinking about drinking a small amount in water during my first two workouts. Haven't tho because I figure it will hamper the glyco depleation, let me know how it works out.

Jordanbcool
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I eat 75% of my cals up until my workout thursday night. Then its a good size preworkout shake 50g of CHO and then same type of shake afterwards. This usually happens around 9pm so its a whole day of dieting.

For the weekends I've just been eating, not really tracking. This weekend Saturday is gonna be at Maintenance, then sunday will be -20% of maitenance.

About that gatorade... I've been thinking about drinking a small amount in water during my first two workouts. Haven't tho because I figure it will hamper the glyco depleation, let me know how it works out.

Without any carbs gatorade is really the ONLY thing that keeps me going in my workouts. Without it I'd probably just pass out as soon as I lifted a dumbell. I dont even think about the carbs it gives because they are just so small. They are 30-40g and those are all the carbs I have in the entire day. Your calories are so low that small amount of carbs get used before you leave the gym.

Anyways..... I'll probably do maintanence saturday then either a 15% drop in cals (I like to pick a median) or simply eat at maintanence.

-jordan

ddegroff
06-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I know what you mean. I just had a thought about it, no clue if it really matters. I'll try it out next week and see how it goes.

24hrs and counting...

Jordanbcool
06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Wenesday, June 21

Meal plan

9:30- First meal: 16 oz water, 5 egg whites, 2 slices lowfat cheese, and 3 oz steak (lean)

1:00- Gatorade (dunno why it just happened)

4:00- Second meal: 12 oz chicken breast w/spices and 16 oz water

10:00- Super nitrean shake (4 scoops) w/water

Excersize
No recorded excersize, but I was walking around at a theme park the whole day so that counts for something (it was fun but really hot).

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), mulit, and creatine (3g)

Mood
Hot day but it went by fast

Ending notes
None really. Just working out the details for my carb-up and the weekend. VERY excited about everything.

Fitday link

-jordan

Jordanbcool
06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Thursday, June 22nd

Meal plan
9:20- Wake up
9:30- First meal: 8 oz tuna w/spices, 1 scoop of nitrean and 16 oz water

9:45-11:00: Walk (1 hour long)

12:00- Second meal: 12 oz chicken breast w/spices and 16 oz water

4:00- Last meal: 12 oz steak (lean) w/steak sauce and 16 oz water

Excersize
1 hour walk

Supplements
Flaxseed oil (6g), mulit, and creatine (3g)

Mood
Excited

Ending notes
I plan on suffering it out today for the last part of the day. I'll probably drink alot of water and take some veggies so I can atleast fall asleep. Tomarrow is the carb-up so I'll just dream about food anyways. I'll do some light but long cardio and kill off some flaxseed pills I found. Other then that....look for tomarrow which is the start of my carb-load!:evillaugh

Fitday link

-jordan

ddegroff
06-22-2006, 12:21 AM
I HATE to do this too you, but I emailed lyle asking him about gatorade durnig the first two workouts. Heres what he said:

I would wait until the weekend, gatorade during the power workout may limit glycogen depletion
--
Lyle

So just food for thought...

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I HATE to do this too you, but I emailed lyle asking him about gatorade durnig the first two workouts. Heres what he said:

So just food for thought...

You mean depletion workouts right!?

Also lyle says he personally dosent see anything wrong with taking in SOME carbs in the UD2 book (even if it is just a small amount). I plugged it into fitday and it adds an extra 130 cals (about) with 36g of carbs. Which is all I get in the day.....So I dunno. Maybe I'll try it out next week and see if I can get through the workouts without it.

The key to these days is also reducing carbohydrates. As a general rule, you should eat no more then 20% of your total caloric intake as carbohydrates. This will put most people in the 65-70 gram range or so. Why not zero like in Bodyopus? Because, outside of letting us cut calories further, there dosent seem to be any major benifit to going lower.

I think he was just trying to be on the safe side when he sent you that e-mail.....I dunno, I'm just trying to "delve" into this more. Im so glad I'm not alone on this..

-jordan

ddegroff
06-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah i specified that it was the first workouts (depletion). Like I said its just food for thought, try it out if its not working like it should then you know you've got to change it. It sucks but i've made it through without anything.

Here's exactly what i wrote to him:

Now onto my question, During the first two workouts is Gatorade ok to drink during the workout? I'm talking 15g of CHO, if that fits into the total for the day, is it ok? My thinking is I should wait to do the Gatorade till saturday (what i've done thus far), because I want every ounce of glycogen burned. Just looking for your opinion. Thanks in advance, and again AWESOME book!

I would wait until the weekend, gatorade during the power workout may limit glycogen depletion
--
Lyle

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Your right. It may (or probably does) hamper the depletion but I doubt if it did it would be on a large enough scale to affect anything. I think I will try out the depletion workouts without the gatorade (yea its gonna stink I know). I like to be very VERY strick on my diet days. Usually just protein (2-3 grams of carbs from egg whites and 1g from the nitrean) and any fat that comes with the chicken/steak. I just try and get the bare minimum. I may use some gatorade but its only on workout days (except yesterday for some unknown reason). But yea...i'll try it out see what happens.

O yea and if anyone was wondering I'm doing a 7600 calorie carb load (147g fat, 286g protein, and 1358g of carbs). The fat seems really high but its really only 18% and the protein is so high because of all the milk i'll be taking.

And I have to eat 8 cups of cheerios, 14 cups of milk and 5 cups pasta (which only makes up a small portion of the total foods). Ha....gonna be greeeat.

Saturday is 3k (73g F, 201g P, 416g C) I didnt meet the basic requirments for carb loading that day because it was nowhere near my maintanence (it was around 4k which is 1000 calories over).

Sunday is 2500 calories (108g F, 251g P, 145g C) A little under maintanence (400-500 cals).

What do you guys think? Should I up the cals on saturday (so I get enough carb grams)? And then lower sundays calories to 2k? I dunno this is all pre-planned so it will change slightly I just wanna make sure Im going about it all right...

-jordan

TheGimp
06-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Your sucrose and lactose intake has gotta be pretty damn high with all that milk and cheerios?

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Your sucrose and lactose intake has gotta be pretty damn high with all that milk and cheerios?

Well I am having alot of trouble finding out which carbs too take.....do you have any advice?

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 08:06 AM
how is the diet.

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 08:16 AM
how is the diet.

What do you mean? I have the link posted for my fitday but I HATE the low carb thing so far. I mean going about my daily activites I have NO problem with this diet but once I hit the gym I'm so weak/flat its not even funny...Im glad this isnt a PSMF cus I dont think I could tough it out for another week...

TheGimp
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I really think you'll notice the difference between a quality carb load and a dirty one.

Some suggestions for low fat & low sucrose/fructose/lactose/galactose carb sources:

Rice cakes (plain/salted)
Japanese rice crackers (not the peanut kind)
Low fat/fat free instant noodles
Bagels
Big bowl of rice with soy sauce
Dextrose tablets/candies
The "right" kind of cereal (Dunno, something like grape nuts maybe)

ddegroff
06-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Fructose is ok about 50g total mostly around thursday's workout. Sucrose is part fructose so you want to stay away from that later on. For sure you can eat a little dirty, but potatoes, brown rice etc are best bet. (gimp has some good ideas)

If you hit 1300g of CHO's on friday, Saturday looks fine maybe a little high.

Edited: Saw i Was incorrect on the fructose #, but as gimp says, this is inidividual. My carb loads are getting better and better.

TheGimp
06-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Lyle's recommendation is 50g max of fructose, which comes out at 100g of sucrose, as I'm sure you know sucrose being 50:50 glucose and fructose. Problem is galactose is metabolised in the same way as fructose so you should really limit milk intake also.

But I'd say the whole thing is a learning experience and trial and error. My carb loads used to be a helluva lot dirtier than they currently are but that is after weeks and weeks of refinement.

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 08:43 AM
yeah thats what i ment, i dont know how you guys do these diets i think there obsurd lol. but best of luck to you.

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah thats what i ment, i dont know how you guys do these diets i think there obsurd lol. but best of luck to you.

They are pretty crazy but they are VERY effective. And thats why we do them. They give a level of leaness in a fairly short amount of time, without any muscle loss. Other methods would take months too accomplish and so far I've lost alot of fat on the PSMF. I think this UD2 will do that too.

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
interesting, i would think it would eat the muscles from such low carbs, is that why you do like a huge buildup at the end of the week?

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 08:58 AM
interesting, i would think it would eat the muscles from such low carbs, is that why you do like a huge buildup at the end of the week?

Yes. Also protein intake is 1.5-2g per pound of LBM. Right now my LBM is 166 so I'm taking in 245-250g (bare minimum) a day on fasting days. This keeps muscle loss down on dieting days and the muscle you do lose you gain back that and more during the 3-day carb ups. Its really beautiful actually. I starve myself for 4 days straight then gourge 1 day (Im eating 7600 calories on my first carb up day) and eat at maintanence on the weekend. Its basically diet cycling but on a weekly basis.

-jodan

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 09:01 AM
very, very interesting, i may go about this when fall rolls around.

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 09:09 AM
very, very interesting, i may go about this when fall rolls around.

If you do you should really do a PSMF for a few weeks. Then once you get too 12% start the UD2 diet. Doing a UD2 diet at 18% will probably end in failure. The PSMF is basically an all protein diet (like I described in my 4 days of UD2) in which you diet for a few weeks on chicken, egg whites and water. I highly recommend it though because I lost a good 4lbs of fat in 2 weeks because of it (you will lose alot more then that because you are bigger, I was only at 12% when I started). Its great for cutting up in a short time frame while saving (pretty much all, I think you lose like .05 of a pound of muscle if done right) of your muscle. You should buy the PSMF book atleast but I can send you the UD2 online once your ready for it.

o BTW. You want to bulk up to 230 at 5"7? Do you know how huge that will make you (if your under 12% you will be huge). Even if you were at 20% bodyfat.....230 is HUGE for your height....

Sidior
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
pics!!!!...

I see the dieting is still going well :thumbup:

ddegroff
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Arn't those pics developed yet? That was like 4days ago! LOL

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 09:14 AM
yeah i know how huge i will be, thats really the plan, huge, strong, and packin a keg. THEN ill diet again, lol.

trust me man, i dont want to hear the word diet after cutting 80 lbs haha.

but when i am ready i guess your the mon to talk to about these diets.

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Ha! I totally forgot about them!!! I'll pic them up on my way out today..:rolleyes:

Get it PIC!! *falls over laughing*

I need a girlfriend...

ddegroff
06-22-2006, 09:17 AM
yeah you do!

Or you don't they just get in the way (diet, training etc).

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 09:19 AM
yeah i know how huge i will be, thats really the plan, huge, strong, and packin a keg. THEN ill diet again, lol.

trust me man, i dont want to hear the word diet after cutting 80 lbs haha.

but when i am ready i guess your the mon to talk to about these diets.

I know alot more then when I first started posting on these forums......I try and be very modest/truthful about what I know. My knowledge has increased 10 fold just from reading the PSMF book and the UD2 book. Still though I'm nowhere near on the same level as someone like built, any of the mods, or most of the senior members on this forum.....the diets me, zek and ddegroff follow are extreme (but like I said effective) but we bought the books, which is why we know so much about em.

All that said. I can help you out alot when you want to start cutting so PM me or whatever and I'll do the best I can. If I cant help you i'll just re-direct you to someone who can :)

-jordan

Stumprrp
06-22-2006, 09:29 AM
sounds good dude thanks. hope your cutting goes well and looking foward to seeing pics.

Jordanbcool
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Before (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=16997114&imageID=858244299&MyToken=1f98d537-d1f1-42ec-9895-bfb814280d06)
After (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=16997114&imageID=824733444&MyToken=ca008969-5e9f-4654-bafa-ef2d7fcc4b6e)

So my pictures didnt come out like I had planned.....They were WAY too blurry and since I was using a no flash camera even though the lighting was bright you couldnt see the picture very well. So I'm taking some new ones tomarrow (seriously first thing I promise!). I'm using my mothers nice kodak with a flash and I'll have someone else take the pics (yea i'll feel dumb but thats the only way I can get some back shots). I'll then take it to a 24 hour developing place and pick them up ASAP. Believe me, I felt really stupid when I pulled out those pics....Anyways since I DID promise some (and have been for a while) here are two pictures; one before and one after. The before pic was 1-2 years ago at 19-21% bodyfat and the after picture was taken a few weeks ago when I had finished my PSMF. Just look at the weight lost in my face alone!!! Its crazy how big I was now that I think about it.

Comment if you want :)

-jordan

P.S. The reason I used a no-flash camera is because I was hoping to get some badass shadow going on. That would make them look so much better. But things dont always work out that way....as I've found out.

P.P.S. Hahaha Im using freaking myspace too post these pics! Please someone show me how I can post them without using myspace.

Jordanbcool
06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
I get to eat FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

ddegroff
06-23-2006, 01:32 PM
WHOLY **** you look like a different person man! Not great pictures, but we can get the idea.

Hows the gourging goin?

Jordanbcool
06-23-2006, 02:19 PM
WHOLY **** you look like a different person man! Not great pictures, but we can get the idea.

Hows the gourging goin?

I took two craps in the past 5 hours. Ha.....Guess thats normal though with this huge amount of carbs.

Its going fantastic. I just downed about 2 pounds of potatoes and I still got a TON of pasta too eat :)

Life is great.

But yes some body shots are def. in order.

ddegroff
06-23-2006, 02:26 PM

Expect some from me tomorrow night.

Hopefully, haha...

Eszekial
06-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I took two craps in the past 5 hours. Ha.....Guess thats normal though with this huge amount of carbs.

Its going fantastic. I just downed about 2 pounds of potatoes and I still got a TON of pasta too eat :)

Life is great.

Wow, way to go man! Looking lean!

Jordanbcool
06-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey guys why do I look thinner right now then I did during the week? Is there a reason I look like Im carrying ALOT more bulk around while also being more solid?

Like yesterday If I were too jump up and down my stomach would jiggle (not much but it would) But today (after a few hours of eating and being totally full) my stomach dosent move but my pecs do. Why is that? The only reason I can think of is that my stomach is full and its pressing outwards of the surronding fat/skin making it much tighter (I also cant grab any fat when I'm completly full). If this is the case I may just do the UD2 for mass gains. Have you guys had similar expirences?

Stumprrp
06-23-2006, 03:21 PM
great work dude, it stinks being fat but the input when you lose it is crazy.

ddegroff
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
One i think its a lot of you feeling better because of the excess carbs. AND your muslces are full of glycogen again so they're bigger. It could be that your full that it doesn't move around, haven't had anything like that happen to me.

Jordanbcool
06-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Friday, June 23rd

Meal plan- CARB LOAD
6:00- Wake up
6:30- First meal: 2 crab apples, 2 cups mini wheats, 2 cups 1% milk, 32 oz water, and A granola bar

7:00-9:00: Nap

10:00- Pre-workout snack: 4 slices of raisin bread, 32 oz of water

11:00- Red bull (2)
11:15-12:30- High intensity workout

1:00- Post workout meal: 32 oz water, 2 cups 1% milk, 1 large banana, 1 scoop nitrean, 1 granola bar, and 4 slices of multi-grain bread.

3:30- Second meal: 2 ice cream sandwichs, 4 graham crackers, 20 saltine crackers, 32 oz water, and a cup 1% milk

5:00- Third meal: 32 oz water, and 4 medium potatoes (with light sour cream)

7:00- Fourth meal: 16 oz water, 3 cups of whole wheat pasta with meatless sauce, 1.5 cups of pasta with meat sauce

9:00- Last meal: 1 cup french fries (fast food), 22 oz coke, 1 large burger (from hardee's)

Excersize
High intensity workout

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), multi, creatine (3g)

Mood
I love this day

Ending notes
I'd like to make some quick notes/questions on my first carb load.

1) I took four large craps today (sorry for lack of a better word). Is this normal?
2) I'd like someone to critque my diet. Do you guys think I ate to much junk food?
3) It was very hard to get the macros without having a crazy calorie level. My macros were good but my carb grams was off by 100-200g. At the time it didnt seem like a big deal to me as long as I broke 1000g.
4) Did anyone take those vineger shots lyle suggested?
5) What could I do to make my carb load better?

Heres the ending numbers
Calories-6167
Protein-230g
Carbs-1066g
Fat-132

(15% P, 65% C, 20% F)

Fitday link

Comment on today because I'd like some feedback on the carb-load.

-jordan

P.S. Somehow I lost my log for todays workout....eh

Jordanbcool
06-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Saturday, June 24th

Meal plan
9:30- 2 cups Apple cherrios, 1 granola bar, 2 cups 1% milk, and 16 oz water

10:30- Pre-workout: Red bull (2), and a medium sized gatorade to drink during workout
10:35-11:40: Power workout

11:45- Post workout meal: 1 large banana, 2 scoops nitrean, 2 cups 1% milk, 16 oz water and 2 slices of multi-grain bread

12:00-10:00: Work

4:00- Half a cup of french fries, ham and cheese sandwhich (made/eaten at the restraunt), 4 oz chicken breast and a 16 oz water

10:30- 2 cups 1% milk, and 2 cups mini wheats

Excersize
Power workout

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), multi, Creatine (3g)

Mood
Work went well today. Usually I hate work but today wasent that bad

Ending notes
None really. I had to cut my power workout down a little bit because of work. Really annoyed me but I still got some good lifts in.

Fitday link
Just read the post above I guess. I think Im going to start posting them every other post because it automatically refreshes itself to a new day...

-jordan

Jordanbcool
06-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Saturday, June 24th

Workout

Deads:
225x3
275x3
315x3

Dumbell Bench press
75x3
85x3
85x4

Tricep pulldowns
120x5
140x5
140x5
140x5
150x5

Lat rows
120x5
120x5
140x5
140x5
160x5

ATF Squats
155x5
155x5
155x5
155x5
165x5

Shoulder press
65x5
65x5
85x5
85x5
105x5

Jordanbcool
06-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Sunday, June 25th

Meal plan

10:30- First meal: 2 ice cream sandwichs, 2 cups 1% milk, 2 slices multi-grain bread, 2 servings of natural peanut butter and 16 oz water

2:00- Second meal: 2 cups 1% milk, 1 serving of ranch dressing and 2 slices of meat pizza

4:00- 16 oz water, 2 cups 1% milk and 12 oz chicken breast

8:00- 16 oz water, and 6 oz chicken breast

Excersize
None

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), Multi, and Creatine (3g)

Mood
Exhausted.....and a little sore from yesterday. Dreading the dieting...

Ending notes
Went to my fist bodybuilding competition today (didnt compete). It was great...the women part was nasty but some of the guys had some GREAT performances (dancing, singing, posing doing the robot etc.) I wish I would have brought a camera but I didnt....o well, I'll do it next time.

Fitday link
Again, see a few posts up

-jordan

Jordanbcool
06-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Took a few pics today and i'm going to drop them off tomarrow.

1 of my quads
1 of my right bicep
2 of my chest/biceps/traps
1 of my abs

Next time I take some pics it will be after this diet and I'll gladly take some back photos.

Please comment on these past 3 days of my diet/workouts. I'd like to make improvements now so I have a better carb up next week.

-jordan

ddegroff
06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Lookin good man!

Nice lookin' workout, ready for the ****ty workouts tomorrow? LOL, i'm soo not ready to eat 1400cals, good luck with those low cals tomorrow!

Eszekial
06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, can't wait to see those pics bro! You look like a new human in those before/after! Gotta feel great!

Welcome to monday! Try not to kill yourself with a brain fart! Hopefully i'll see you on thursday haha!

Jordanbcool
06-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Monday, June 26th

Meal plan

Nitrean shake (2 scoops w/water)
Egg whites (6)
Tuna (2 cans)
Chicken breast (10oz)
Gatorade (1 scoop)
Cheese (2 slices, lowfat)

Excersize
Depletion workout (2 hours)

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), Multi, Creatine (3g)

Mood
Tired........Bad day pretty much...dont wanna talk about it.

Ending notes
Nothing really. Just gonna dread that depletion workout whenever I get around to it..

Fitday link

As you can tell Im setting these up differently. Since this is the second week, I dont see the need to keep listing what I eat at what times. Plus it gets pretty boring reading the same old same old all the time.

That being said...I hate today :(

-jordan

P.S. Zek...I'll try lol

ddegroff
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
WOW, dreading this week already, lol. You'll make it through. I see for your gatorade you have the mix, thats what I was thinking about doing (just for my aerobics class, lol).

Good luck with that long ass workout tonight!

TheGimp
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
That's a long ass workout.

Props on the pics! The difference is striking!

Jordanbcool
06-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Well to give myself some more variety I decided to change things up a little bit. I split up the depletion workout into two phases (like I said its very very hard to do a full depletion workout 2 hours non-stop). Heres the Lower body AM workout.

Workout (lower body)

Leg press- 6x15
Squats- 6x15
Hamstring curls- 4x15
Calf curls- 4x15
Crunches- 2x30
Side crunches- 2x30
Back raises- 4x15

I didnt drink the gatorade this workout because I have alot of carbs stored already to get me through it. Plus I wanted to try one of my depletion workouts without the gatorade. Tonight though I've plugged it into my fitday because I'll probably need it to get through my brutal upper body. Lower body was hard but I really only struggled on leg press and squats.

Thanks for the comments guys. And yea, today sucks but not nearly as bad as thursdays! Me and zek are buggin out thursdays :whazzup:

-jordan

P.S. For some reason I'm not nearly as hungry as last monday. Maybe my body is getting used to the chicken diet i've put it on :D

Eszekial
06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Oddly enough, i haven't had more than 1 carb today, and so far my brain is doing DECENTLY! (not optimul!). Let's hope we can keep it up for the rest of the day haha!

If i recall, i remember lyle saying you'd "get used to it." Now if that means physiologically or mentally, i don't know... I'd assume both.

Jordanbcool
06-26-2006, 01:28 PM
^^ Yea we'll probably be alot smoother with this next week and it will probably keep getting easier until we are done.

Pic. Update ------ Theres no hour developing/overnight developing (in the area) so they will be done on wenesday. Can someone also explain/show me how to post them without using stupid myspace.

Thanks in advance!

-jordan

Eszekial
06-26-2006, 02:57 PM
1. Reply to Thread.
2. Additional Options down below.-
3. Attach Files - Click on "Manage Attachments."
4. Browse For Files
5. Upload attachments.

Pretty easy.

Jordanbcool
06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
lol...thanks

Jordanbcool
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
PM Upper Body workout

Shrugs- 6x15
Lat rows- 6x15
Pushups- 30,15,10
Decline bench press- 6x15
Arm raises- 4x15
Tricep pulldowns- 4x15
Cable curls- 4x15
Bent over laterals-4x15

I feel the buuuurn ;)

ddegroff
06-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Good looking workouts, good idea to split them up. I'm haveing the same experience. Today was a lot easier than the past weeks, i changed my diet a bit so who knows. Looking good man have fun relaxin the till thursday!

Jordanbcool
06-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Tuesday, June 27th

Meal plan

Chicken breast (12oz)
Tuna (2 cans)
Egg whites (3)
Whole egg (1)
Turkey meat (2 oz)
Lowfat cheese (4 slices)

Excersize
1 hour walk

Supplements
Fish oil (6g), Multi, Creatine (3g)

Mood
Sore from yesterday....But excited about my upcoming bulk

Ending notes
As I wrote above I cant wait till my bulk comes.....regardless of what I do I still get to eat alot more then on this cut :D

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey jerk face! Get those leggies in!

Don't slack on me!!!!

Jordanbcool
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey jerk face! Get those leggies in!

Don't slack on me!!!!

lol....you meathead

My leg workout is a few posts up :P

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 10:56 AM
lol....you meathead

My leg workout is a few posts up :P

Whoops!

Well, you're still a jerkface...

And i'm sticking to it.

ddegroff
06-27-2006, 11:32 AM
HAHA, somebody got caught skimming!

Its looking good bro, keep at it! so close to the refeed!

*cough* pics *cough*

Jordanbcool
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I cant wait to get some back shots in after this is all over.....(after these ones come out wenesday I'm taking more mid-july for comparison). Also gonna try and get some good wheel pics. I'm very proud of my legs/calves/glutes/arms. IMO I need some more back/chest/shoulder work.

Traps are insane....well, you guys will see em soon :D

P.S. Speaking of that. This bulk should I simply work to maintain what I like right now (just work to maintain my legs) and go hard on what I want to improve (mainly chest/back). This would bring up the whole "lagging" bodyparts with the rest of me. However i'll miss out on some growth potential overall..

ddegroff
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
I would say you should just add some extra lifts for those lacking parts. More specialization work. If it were me (and I have the same feelings) is I would spend extra time and effort on my chest/back. For my bulk i'm gonna split that workout up (back/chest) one in the Am/Pm. That way I only have so many lifts and i can lift really heavy. Thats the plan...

Jordanbcool
06-27-2006, 03:22 PM
For my bulk i'm gonna split that workout up (back/chest) one in the Am/Pm. That way I only have so many lifts and i can lift really heavy. Thats the plan...

What do you mean? So many lifts until you get tired?? Not trying to be a smartass I was just wondering what you meant cus it sounds like a good idea..

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Mm, long story short (forgive me if i'm wrong), I think he means he's going for like a 5x5 scheme... Compound exercises such as deads, squats, military, and bench.

Worked really well for me in a very short amount of time. in fact, i can't wait to get back into the low rep, low set ****.

I think he just means our saturday workouts :D

Jordanbcool
06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Mm, long story short (forgive me if i'm wrong), I think he means he's going for like a 5x5 scheme... Compound exercises such as deads, squats, military, and bench.

Worked really well for me in a very short amount of time. in fact, i can't wait to get back into the low rep, low set ****.

I think he just means our saturday workouts :D

Are you doing that for your bulk? I was thinking about alternating weekly rep ranges. For example:

Week one-Go heavy (3x3 for two compound excersizes and 5x5 for everything else).

Week two-Bodybuilder (4x6 for two compound excersizes and 3x10 for everything else).

What do you guys think? I'd read its a GREAT way to build muscle while blasting through plateaus (so much in fact that you will almost never have one).

-jordan

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 05:08 PM
I actually found an article about periodization by lyle mcdonald.. He talks about doing exactly this, but weekly..

Basically he's just recommending his UD2 split without the diet advice :D

Maybe I should consider something like that.

I digress though. Weekly upping in weights with a 3x5 or 5x5 scheme worked so wonderfully for me, that I think changing would be goofy.