PDA

View Full Version : Burritos

BostonBull
02-27-2006, 05:00 PM
What does everyone think about the frozen burritos from the grocery store? they are high in fiber and protein low in fat and lots og good carbs. I buy the Tinas burritos usually beef and been or spicy bean and cheese.

I work alot so these work out well for me as a quick meal. Ill have 3 of them at a time fills me up and I can get back to work. Unless of ourse I am missing something about these then Ill have to cut them out of the diet.

intargc
02-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Aren't those cramed with Trans Fats??

BostonBull
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
No that was one of the first things I always look at in new foods. 0 Grams.

intargc
02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
do they contain any partially hydrogenated oils? if so, that"s trans fats and they just rounded down.

BostonBull
02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
No partially hydrogenated oils in the list

BostonBull
02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Ingredients:
FILLING: (Water, Beef, Beans, Cereal[Corn, Wheat, Rye, Oat, Riceflours]Textured Vegetable Protein [Soy Flour, Caramel Color, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, thiamin Mononitrate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B-12], Salt Onions, Ground Chili Peppers, Flavorings, Jalapeno Puree[Jalapeno Peppers, Citric Acid])
TORTILLA: (Enriched Flour[Wheat flour, Niacin, Reduce iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid] ater, Soybean and/or cottonseed and/or palm oil, salt, baking powder[sodium carbonate, Corn Starch, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate] Guar Gum, Dough Conditioner [Sodium Metabisulfite])

Optimum08
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
if they fit your macro goals/cal needs for the day then go for it...nothing better than something easy like that to whip up...

BostonBull
02-27-2006, 07:01 PM
To be honest i just today figured out my caloric needs now I need to figure out my macro needs.

brickt.
02-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Don't state that they are full of lots of 'good' carbs. It aint, brother. But, eat it if you want and fits into your daylies.

intargc
02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Soybean and/or cottonseed and/or palm oil

Be careful of foods that state they have soybean oil in them. They don't have to state hydrogenated in the ingredient list and most don't. However, it's a cheaper oil to cook with and typically almost every quick food item you can find has it.

However, I still say go for it. I mean, I always watch my partially hydrogenated oils just to make sure I'm not consuming trans fats, but sometimes it's just almost impossible to avoid. I have definitely limited them though...

eps
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Make your own burritos. Like a low-carb tortilla wrap with chicken and eggs = a tasty bulking snack. But yeah, be careful of the ingredients in the bread you buy.

StoryOfTheYear
02-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah, personally, I wouldnt mess around with that crap. Like stated of above pre-make some using some chicken or lean beef and a whole wheat tortilla and add ingredients from there. It just seems like a lot of unneccessary stuff in there. -StoRy-

TwiloMike
02-28-2006, 10:06 AM
What's the sodium content? I used to love frozen quesadillas, burritos, tacos, etc... but they did a number on my digestion every time, plus my cholesterol levels moved in the wrong direction. I typically avoid frozen foods unless I freeze something I made myself.