PDA

View Full Version : (yet another) rate my cut diet

KingWilder
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
On my bulk I was just above 4000cals so I'm going to slowly drop my calories over the next two weeks or so and then begin my cut diet:

Non-lifting days
150g carbs (600 cals, 25%)
90g fats (810 cals, 34%)
250g protein (1000 cals, 41%)
total: 2410 cals

Lifting days
250g carbs (1000 cals, 34.5%)
100g fats (900 cals, 31%)
250g protein (1000 cals, 34.5%)
total: 2900 cals

I'm going to cut out whey protein (it tends to make me hungry) and stick with whole foods unless I desperately need protein at the end of the day.

I'm going to deload this week for training (do some 3x10s) and possibly test my 1RMs, then I will get back into the 5x5 for most if not all of the cut

any suggestions on diet/training are welcome

Built
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
That looks like a pretty good plan, actually. You might consider Nitrean if you decide you need a shake after all - I understand it's more filling than whey. I'm totally with you on that one - I do NOT use whey while cutting. It just leaves me starving hungry.

Have you discovered the wonders of avocados and sweet potatoes? I find these both really satisfy hunger.

KingWilder
02-27-2006, 07:06 PM
yeah, I love sweet potatoes...I've heard good things about avocados, so I'll have to give em a try

Built
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Avocado in a well-dressed salad with meat is my lunch most days. Lots of salt!

elzz
02-27-2006, 08:55 PM
im new.. just learning the basics..

From what i understand, you bulk to gain mass for 3-6 months, and then you cut to refine that mass and get more definition for the next 3-6 months, correct? So are you doing more cardio?

Built
02-27-2006, 09:02 PM
No need to add in cardio for a cut if your diet is in line.

KingWilder
02-27-2006, 09:14 PM
haha what built said....closer to the end if I feel like that's the only way I can get some extra fat off (or if have an overwhelming urge to get my conditioning back up) I might swim or something

thajeepster
02-28-2006, 06:36 AM
I like it :D, but what the hell are you eating to get those numbers?

Cardio should be reserved for when you start to plateau (sp?) ... you can get pretty lean on diet alone ... although im biased because I HATE cardio.

seK
02-28-2006, 12:05 PM
haha what built said....closer to the end if I feel like that's the only way I can get some extra fat off (or if have an overwhelming urge to get my conditioning back up) I might swim or something

I am the same way during a cut I just feel better when I do cardio, most of mine is swimming also but I also usually up my cal's to compensate so it's pretty pointless besides the mental aspect.

KingWilder
02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I like it :D, but what the hell are you eating to get those numbers?

Cardio should be reserved for when you start to plateau (sp?) ... you can get pretty lean on diet alone ... although im biased because I HATE cardio.

the numbers are what I shoot for, so if I'm off just a little I'm not going to beat myself up...

I'm eating lots of stuff, cottage cheese, skim milk, eggs, steak, chicken, fish, olive oil, natty pb, lots of broccoli, celery, other veggies, salad,f ruits, ww pasta and bread, protein + gatorade (right after workout only), etc.