PDA

View Full Version : Made Regionals

Jinkies
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I found out today from my coach that he got a call saying that my total was enough to qualify for regionals so this friday ill be competiting in Lampasas Texas, anyone know of any tips that can help with my deadlift? its holding me back big time because I cant break 500

biggimp
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
i thought you bombed out of your meet?

Jinkies
02-28-2006, 07:10 PM
that was my first meet, my second meet wasnt too good either but i did well enough to make regionals

Joe#54
03-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Dude join the club I cant dead over 500 for my life, but yeah I'm heading to regionals next saturday. Ours are at la marque. If you do good I might see ya at state(well If I make it). Well good luck?

dw06wu
03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Dude join the club I cant dead over 500 for my life, but yeah I'm heading to regionals next saturday. Ours are at la marque. If you do good I might see ya at state(well If I make it). Well good luck?
Belt and knee wraps will help if you don't already use them. Short of briefs and a suit, which you can't get in time to train in, they're probably you're best bet. Also could try experimenting with sumo if you don't already use it. Just don't overdo your CNS before the comp, make sure you have plenty of cals & sleep prior to and plenty of dextrose in your system before you head out.

KevinStarke
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I could be wrong but im pretty sure you cant use knee wraps for deadlifting.

Jinkies
03-01-2006, 09:31 PM
haha i dont think its illegal but it would make things a bit harder, i heard flat shoes help but id need Kevin to back that up hes got 100x the experience I do. Its too late for me to switch to sumo so ill just stick to my way, i just lift for football so it helps my clean out alot.

biggimp
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
you dont need knee wraps, you just need to be a MAN! lol

its fun picking up a quarter-ton raw. you will get there! :D

Jinkies
03-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Ill get it, last time i put up 475 but rested it on my knees then pulled so was a bad lift, ill go crazy and do it

KevinStarke
03-02-2006, 07:33 AM
You want to be pushing through your heels and flat shoes definitelly make that easier. Try keeping your toes lifted throughout the lift i've found it helps me keep the pressure through my heels.

Jinkies
03-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Weigh in's tonight so ima go running get to around 218 then get weighed in, so im gettin into the mental mindframe. Ill post the results of my lifts tommorow night

DeusFacticius
03-02-2006, 12:39 PM
it may be a bit short to try this, but try changing your grip. if you normally do an outside grip, try a sumo grip (hands inside the legs), if you do sumo, switch to outside grip.

it may also be how you mentally think about it. some things to think about-
from floor to knee: look up, think of standing up, heels in the ground
knee to lockout: 1. sounds funny, but try thinking about thrusting really hard w/ your hips. by bringing your hips forward your back has to straighten up and legs get underneath. 2. sliding the bar up your thighs. you have to be careful about this one, cause its illegal to let the bar rest w/o movement on your legs. keep your knee's a little more bent than normal so you're sitting a bit more, and think about pulling the weight backwards to get it up your thigh. you'll have to stand up as the weight balances.

Sensei
03-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I could be wrong but im pretty sure you cant use knee wraps for deadlifting.
Unless they have unusual rules about it, it's legal.

ArchAngel777
03-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I cannot comprehend being able to squat more than I can dead lift... The difference between the two is astounding in my situation.

biggimp
03-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I cannot comprehend being able to squat more than I can dead lift... The difference between the two is astounding in my situation.

same here. my deadlift has always been a good 50lbs above my squat.

Jinkies
03-02-2006, 07:54 PM
haha my deadlift is 200 pounds below my squat so i dunno why. I guess i never really worked my back out before this year and i used to be fat lol

jed
03-05-2006, 04:01 PM
i hear ya jinkies, my DL is below my squat too. but just by a little. isnt it normal to have like 100+ DL over ur squat?

dw06wu
03-05-2006, 05:34 PM
DL is a lot harder for me, but I am 6'3" +. It is just generally very rough on my lumbar region and knees (moreso than squatting, anyway).