PDA

View Full Version : Pick My Slogan (Catch Phrase)

Maki Riddington
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Ok, now that I have started working on my new site I need a catch phrase for my fitness boot camp.

For example, my PT site phrase is, "building a better/stronger body"

I was thinking along the lines of something like, "Pushing The Limits" for the fitness boot camp?

It's not an army boot camp so I don't want it to come off too hardcore, however I'd like people to get the idea that they will be working hard.

Any ideas?

Bob
02-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Maki... give us more input on your potential clients for the camp? Are they current clients? New CLients? Kids? teens? 20's? old-farts like me? senior citizens?

And where are you going to market it? Just your web site? Newspaper? other sites?

And what is your cost?

The more marketing factors you have a grasp on.. the better your marketing approach...

>> damn.. can u tell I was in too many marketing meetings?? I'm permently warped...

Hatred
02-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Guaranteed results...or your old body back.

How bad do you want it?

"Ill kick Crisco right out of your ass!"

"Get fit fatty!"

nhlfan
02-28-2006, 09:05 PM
use the word 'shape'. like 'shaping your body'...something like that. people love the word shape.

mikey4402
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM

How bad do you want it?

"Ill kick Crisco right out of your ass!"

"Get fit fatty!"
lol

im with bearwolf. more imput would help with a slogan and a marketing direction

Organichu
02-28-2006, 10:55 PM

That's hilarious.

MM
02-28-2006, 11:12 PM

This is actually excellent -- it's contemporaneously witty and very true. Use it, but maybe more like this:

"Guaranteed results! Or your old body back".

Something like that.

TwiloMike
03-01-2006, 06:58 AM
++ That gets my vote.

Dargo
03-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Watch "Full Metal Jacket".

Not so much for a slogan but rather for motivational techniques :D

Sorry, I'll leave now.....:hello:

Maki Riddington
03-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I like Hatred's phrase. I will use it somewhere on my posters.

As for my demographics I wil be targetting the 30-50 year old m/f crowd. I'm actually only aiming for 10 people to sign up. I will be advertising in the local paper and placing posters around the gym and at other ones as well.

Once I recieve feedback from the first class I will focus on correcting whatever needs to be fixed and promote the class a little more and aim for a higher turn out.

Jorge Sanchez
03-01-2006, 08:35 AM

While I think this is hilarious and rather witty, I don`t think it would make a very good slogan. It`s basically saying, "if you don`t see results, **** you!"

SW
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
"Results through dedication".

mikey4402
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
While I think this is hilarious and rather witty, I don`t think it would make a very good slogan. It`s basically saying, "if you don`t see results, **** you!"
agree.

maybe something like "your better body is just a sit-up away"

Anthony
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Humor > Cheesy. Which is why I would go with Hatred's slogan.

My response to Jorge would be, "exactly." If a personal trainer cannot produce results within 3 months, they should stop training that particular client. It's a waste of time for both.

p0tential
03-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree, its funny, but IMO it wont make a very good slogan. It sounds like a joke, almost like we wont guarantee your body will change, but you will still have your old body. Not very professional.
How about something like "Pushing the limits" or "Pushing the Boundaries" or something to that effect.

Veritas
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Those corporate motivation slogans are tired and old. I like Hatred's slogan... It's witty and it will leave a lasting impression on a potential customer, it's an ATTENTION getter.

Being different is a good thing in many ways (in your case). A client is probably at the gym because they dislike their "current/old body". Also they will continue to workout in your class because they REALLY don't want "their old body back". And heck, if they fell for that "Pushing the Boundaries" BS they are probably the type that buy those "AS SEEN ON TV" products. Now surely you don't want them in your class, do you?

Utopianhopes
03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
More suggestions:

“Cutting edge fitness for the person who dares to be more then average”

“Building a better you”

“1 more set 1 more rep to a better/stronger body”

“Assisting you in reaching your full potential”

“Improving your life through fitness”

p0tential
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
“Building a better you”

I like that one, but it sounds familiar.

Canadian Crippler
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
That's because it's been used roughly 300 times.

Relentless
03-02-2006, 11:28 AM
how about

"Train with me and you will look better naked."