PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who tells me im wrong

Jinkies
02-28-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.austinautomation.com/powerlifting/regionalrankings/report.asp 1940 total from a senior in highschool go the superheavy weight and you will see hes from Taylor, i wasnt lieng

midee1
03-01-2006, 05:12 AM
All that tells me are some numbers. It does not say what lifts were done. It could have been the big 3 or it could have been a combination of several Olympic lifts. I don't know what Texas does in regards to lifts.

Also strange that he went from 1645 to 1940 in one week. Sorry but I call BS on an almost 300lb increase in 1 week.

Jinkies
03-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Your going to tell me that in the texas powerlifting meet we do a series of olympic lifts? and your also going to call bull**** on something wrote down. He has no reason to lift his maxes everytime to win the meets his just had to kill at the last for because it was a regional qualifier

midee1
03-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Your going to tell me that in the texas powerlifting meet we do a series of olympic lifts? and your also going to call bull**** on something wrote down. He has no reason to lift his maxes everytime to win the meets his just had to kill at the last for because it was a regional qualifier

What I'm saying is that it does not specify what lifts were completed. I'm not saying it's not true but there is not enough information provided.

ArchAngel777
03-01-2006, 08:15 AM
I went over the rule book for "THSPA" and there is no indication that anything other than the big three are ever lifted in a meet. It only mentions the Bench Press, Squat and Dead Lift. In addition to that, this association doesn't allow ultra equipment. So, that isn't a possibility either. Only "One-Ply Stretchy" which is the same as IPF, I believe...

Anyway, with that said, I still do not believe he did 1940. I guess I think the numbers were transversed or something. Maybe did 1490? That I could believe. Just to clarify, it isn't that I am jealous or anything, it is just hard to believe a High Schooler is breaking, or rather, tieing World Records! Don't you think he would have every sponser in the world supporting him?

I guess I would have to see some video footage at this point with his huge lifts.

Meat_Head
03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
I guess I would have to see some video footage at this point with his huge lifts.

Ditto.

Anthony
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
The kid is 6'1, 305lbs, and wearing equipment. I think 1940 is definitely possible.

djreef
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I agree. The kids coming out of highschool these days are freaks compared to when I went. Call it evolution, call it sport progression, call it whatever. Things are changing.

DJ

Canadian Crippler
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Call it drugs, lol.

Jinkies
03-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I wouldnt have thought it possible if i didnt see it myself but if you saw this guy in person there wouldnt be a doubt in your mind until you heard his age. His legs are bigger then my chest and I hear hes gonna be lifting for the olympics soon

ArchAngel777
03-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I wouldnt have thought it possible if i didnt see it myself but if you saw this guy in person there wouldnt be a doubt in your mind until you heard his age. His legs are bigger then my chest and I hear hes gonna be lifting for the olympics soon

Wow, now I am more confused... He is an Olympic Lifter that competes in Power Lifting? This is incredable... Well, I am impressed if he is going to do Olympic Lifting... What can he Clean + Jerk or Snatch?

deeder
03-01-2006, 07:42 PM

LMFAO!

KevinStarke
03-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Haha I had no idea being a good powerlifter made you elligable for the Olymipcs.

Jinkies
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
His whole life revolves around lifting and eating, thats just what i heard from some other people that he was going to try that out after highschool. Im not sure if he can do anything else besides those 3 lifts but give it a few years and i guess we'll see.

biggimp
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
i will believe he got that total, but not in a sanctioned meet. i have been to enough high school meets and sanctioned meets when i competed to know that a lot more **** flies in high school meets. half the time i went to meets guys would be squatting 600lbs 3 inches above parallel and it would count, just because the adults wanted to see the kids "put up" big numbers.

jinkies you should go to the usapl high school national meet. i think it is in killeen again this year (i went last year) its a whole different ball game.

KevinStarke
03-02-2006, 04:51 AM
His whole life revolves around lifting and eating, thats just what i heard from some other people that he was going to try that out after highschool. Im not sure if he can do anything else besides those 3 lifts but give it a few years and i guess we'll see.

If all he does is those 3 lifts why would he be going to the Olympics?

Anthony
03-02-2006, 05:44 AM
biggimp: http://www.thspa.org - it seems legit. If you check out the rule book, it seems very similar to IPF. Obviously judgement calls will vary from meet to meet, but I see no reason to question these numbers based on something that "might" have happened.

kevin: I think the original poster was referring to the lifts done at the olympics, otherwise known as weightlifting (clean&jerk, snatch). Just because you compete in weightlifting doesn't mean you go to the olympics.

KevinStarke
03-02-2006, 07:18 AM

I was just commenting on this post Anthony

Anthony
03-02-2006, 07:24 AM
I know, it was probably just a misunderstanding on Jinkies part. Most people don't know that the "olympic lifts" also take place outside of the actual Olympics.

Jinkies
03-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Im just going by what my coach said to me, i know very little about olympic lifts nor do i know the guy well enough to back him. Hes got a few more meets left so ill post the totals of those when they come and we can see.

nejar462
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
This is ridiculous, he totally 1904 lbs in what seems to be a sanctioned event. Honestly its not insanely hard to believe, kids are coming out faster and stronger every year. In any case its no to reason to rail on Jinkies.

And if this kid is really totally 1904 as a high school senior, I have hard a time believing he wouldn't be able to make the shift to olympic lifts. In fact I'll go one step further and say he will most likely do well in any strength sport he chooses to go out in. And I'm fairly sure the world record is somewhere in 2600's, no where near 1904.

WBBIRL
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
not for his age....

seK
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Someone grew up way too close to the nuclear plant.

biggimp
03-03-2006, 01:41 AM
i still dont buy it...

high school NATIONAL championships for usapl last year, the high total in the unlimited weight class was 1653. highest in 275 was 1730.
you are telling me this kid is totalling 200lbs more than the next closest guy? why wasnt he there last year winning it then too?

phreak
03-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I can't tell either way, because the THSPA's site is a load of user-unfriendly crap. 1940 may be possible, but it would be far in excess of the IPF (approx. same rules) under-18 world record.

Then again: records are made to be broken.

WBBIRL
03-03-2006, 06:31 AM
It is just so damnd hard to believe, I thought I was a fairly strong pup in highschool with a total just over 1200lbs for my big 3 but I aint **** compaired to his guy. A 1200lb total is, I would say, alot better then the average joe ever sees so 1900 outa HS is like World Record material. Dont get me wrong, someone will have the record... its just SO hard to believe unless you see it.

ArchAngel777
03-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Then again: records are made to be broken.

Very good point... That about sums this thread up. I have a hard time believing it myself, but someone has to have the world record... Why not him? Sounds like a very strong puppy.

Meat_Head
03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm still skeptical. Honestly guys, if an high school guy has a total around 2000lbs, wouldn't EVERYONE who follows strength sports have heard of him by now? Why no pics or videos?

Of course it IS possible, it would be good to see a little more evidence though

Anthony
03-03-2006, 09:41 AM
wouldn't EVERYONE who follows strength sports have heard of him by now? Why no pics or videos?

Everyone here has heard of him. :p

But realistically, there are way bigger names in the strength world that aren't known. I just recently found out about a Canadian strongman who's 6'5 and 400+ pounds ... the guy is a MONSTER. It's not like he appeared out of no where, so why didn't I hear about it before? Probably because this stuff isn't as mainstream as we'd like.

Eszekial
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm straight out of highschool. I played football with a kid who was 6"3, german, probably around 280lbs.

His senior year, he was doing a straight 1600+. Today, he's starting for Westpoint Football.

I can believe this.

Optimum08
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Westpoint football? Do you mean Army?

silentdragonx
03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
hey optimum u play college football? what position?

Jinkies
03-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Haha well guys, he totaled over 2000 today, 830 squat 500 bench (got flagged on 515) and over 630 on deadlift ( he only got his first lift). I was put to shame by a 198 who deadlifted 670 which is more amazing then even Tiny and he broke the record