PDA

View Full Version : All-Shake Diet (not quite PSMF)

Veritas
03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I was sortof curious about the PSMF w/ Nitrean; so for Lent, I decided to give up solid foods. But that's beside the point, and it got me thinking about this...

What would happen if I consumed ~2500 Cals: 130g fat, 95g carbs, and 225g protein only from Shakes (muscle milk/opticen, or something similiar)?... I assume that I wouldn't really lose or gain weight, I would just be very hungry?

joberly
03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
If you don't plan on losing or gaining weight, what's the fun/point in living off shakes??

Veritas
03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
for Lent, I decided to give up solid foods.

I just wanted to challenge myself. Plus it annoyed me how people were just giving up "soda" or "snickers" for 40 days. But that's beside the point. I'm just curious what an all liquid diet, w/ decent numbers, could do.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
If you're going to do this, make sure you're getting at least 25-30 grams of fiber a day. And if you're nowhere near that, slowly add fiber to your diet until you reach that amount. You need bulk passing through you for a healthy digestive system.

Bikkstah
03-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm also doing the same, as well as giving up alcohol and sex/jerking off.

<3 Lent.

Veritas
03-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Lol... That's actually funny, because those 2 things are on my list as well. *high five* dude

Optimum08
03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
If you're going to do this, make sure you're getting at least 25-30 grams of fiber a day. And if you're nowhere near that, slowly add fiber to your diet until you reach that amount. You need bulk passing through you for a healthy digestive system.

:withstupi, its not gonna be fun thats for sure..and your defiently gonna miss solid food...

mikey4402
03-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm also doing the same, as well as giving up alcohol and sex/jerking off.

<3 Lent.
you guys are lame...

Bikkstah
03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I gave up everything but a slice of bread and bottle of water per meal 2 years ago for Lent. That was my first Lent I actually fasted for and I've had nothing but great fortune since then. I don't want to impose beliefs, but I believe strongly in proving my dedication to God.

Optimum08
03-02-2006, 08:07 PM
you guys are lame...

Who are you to criticize what someone's religious beliefs are man? Even if you don't believe or follow religion there is no need to criticize. To each their own.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Even if you don't believe or follow religion there is no need to criticize. To each their own.:withstupi

eatit
03-02-2006, 10:44 PM
well, if you're getting enough calories to maintain you're getting enough calories to maintain. It doesn't really matter how you do it.

have fun....

smalls
03-03-2006, 12:18 AM
well, if you're getting enough calories to maintain you're getting enough calories to maintain. It doesn't really matter how you do it.

have fun....

Exactly. It's the calories that matter not the fact that they are solid or liquid. So if you eat your normal caloric intake the same things that are happening now will continue to happen. Eat more-gain, eat less-lose.

:withstupi, its not gonna be fun thats for sure..and your defiently gonna miss solid food...

I would agree that most people do. I, however, loathe solid food. And the longer I stay with a liquid only diet the more I hate real food. I hate food with flavor, I hate smells, I hate chewing. But i'm a bit off in the head so whatever.

Built
03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
I would agree that most people do. I, however, loathe solid food. And the longer I stay with a liquid only diet the more I hate real food. I hate food with flavor, I hate smells, I hate chewing.

I could cure you, bud.

;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I, however, loathe solid food. And the longer I stay with a liquid only diet the more I hate real food. I hate food with flavor, I hate smells, I hate chewing. But i'm a bit off in the head so whatever.Did you drink motor oil, eat paint chips, and sniff permanent markers when you were younger and now your sense of taste/smell is all out of whack?

Built
03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
No, Smalls is addicted to size, and all that chewing just slows down his gains.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah. Shakes can pack a lot of calories and is easy to down, so I know where he's coming from. But I still love the taste/smell/texture of solid food. Chewing can be a b^tch sometimes, though.

deeder
03-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah. Shakes can pack a lot of calories and is easy to down, so I know where he's coming from. But I still love the taste/smell/texture of solid food. Chewing can be a b^tch sometimes, though.

LMAO! Yeah, I get teh BuRn in my jaw when I am eating alot of mixed nuts!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 01:03 AM
LMAO! Yeah, I get teh BuRn in my jaw when I am eating alot of mixed nuts!Or a thick ass steak...

smalls
03-03-2006, 01:55 AM
I could cure you, bud.

;)

Well certain things do still get my saliva glands going. LOL. I really do gotta try your cooking sometime though.

No, Smalls is addicted to size, and all that chewing just slows down his gains.

And that's da truth. Actually I've been trying to chew gum lately so my jaw muscles dont atrophy too much, haha.

HILL
03-03-2006, 05:26 AM
It depends if your maintanance cals are 2500 then you wont gain or loose weight. If your maintanance is 3000 cals your guna loose weight and vice versa. As far as all shake diet my cut diet consists of no more than 2 solid meals a day and has been like this for 4 months. I have actually gone off eating solid foods all together

CASD
03-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Living off Shakes is easy compared to stopping jerking off/sex :hump:

Davidelmo
03-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't believe any of the religious stuff but for lent i'm giving up skipping meals.

This sounds ridiculous but it's actually a huge challenge for me.

I know i'm meant to get 6 meals a day but i'm lazy a lot of the time and skip breakfast, afternoon snack etc etc.

Not any more! :D

Shao-LiN
03-06-2006, 11:37 PM
I've done an all liquid PSMF for my last 2 cycles of it. It's a little edgy the first few days, but after awhile I just get used to it. Dropped about 20 pounds after 4 weeks the first time and down about 12 pounds after 3 weeks the 2nd time around.

In any event, not that I actually follow this myself, but when you're giving something up for Lent, it's supposed to be something that you want to give up to better yourself and could possibly keep living without after Lent...that's just how I understand it, hehe.