PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate milk!

superhombre2k
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I love this stuff, and here's an article touting it's benefits for athletes :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/24/health/webmd/main1342839.shtml

Ironman15
03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats kinda funny, my first "bulk" when I was a junior in high school I would drink atleast half a gallon a day. Within like 6 months I gained 22 lbs. and still had my 6-pac. And I still probably drink about that much now. Milk...it does a body good.

Jorge Sanchez
03-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Interesting fact about chocolate milk. If you buy it directly from the store - that is to say, if you aren't mixing it yourself - you are drinking spoiled milk. The milk companies take all their spoiled milk, filter all the fat/curdled milk out and then add chocolate to it so people won't notice it has gone bad. That's why you can only get chocolate milk in 1% or less.

mikey4402
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Interesting fact about chocolate milk. If you buy it directly from the store - that is to say, if you aren't mixing it yourself - you are drinking spoiled milk. The milk companies take all their spoiled milk, filter all the fat/curdled milk out and then add chocolate to it so people won't notice it has gone bad. That's why you can only get chocolate milk in 1% or less.
ugh, now im going to think about that everytime i buy chocolate milk

Ironman15
03-03-2006, 12:16 PM

i don't know where you live, but I can get chocolate milk in any fat content I want. I prefer whole, I have some sitting in my fridge right now.

Mr. ?
03-03-2006, 12:19 PM

Uh no... :confused:

http://www.swissvalley.com/fluid_milk/milk.asp

Jorge Sanchez
03-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Uh no... :confused:

http://www.swissvalley.com/fluid_milk/milk.asp

That's hippy milk!

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I know for a fact that that's the way chocolate milk sold at the grocery store I used to work at is made. Might be different in the states, I don't know.

Ironman15
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Yea, in all honesty, I've hardly even seen any 1%choc milk here in Ohio. It's mainly whole milk.

ArchAngel777
03-03-2006, 12:34 PM

YOU JERK!!! Now I wont drink the stuff EVER again. ASS!

ShockBoxer
03-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Why not? It hasn't killed you yet... and if it stood even the slightest chance they wouldn't sell it.

Mmmmm.... chocolate milk....

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Chocolate syrup > Chocolate powder

ddegroff
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
i agree chocolate milk is good, its also has everything that gatorade does plus+. however it's not going to replace gatorade for one reason...
You can't drink milk during exercise...

For extra cals milk is awesome

Jorge Sanchez
03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
YOU JERK!!! Now I wont drink the stuff EVER again. ASS!

That's what I said when I first learned about it too, but I still drink it all the time.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Eggs = unborn chicken embryo juice...yet...I still eat them.

ArchAngel777
03-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Eggs = unborn chicken embryo juice...yet...I still eat them.

Wow, who would have guessed?

brickt.
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
In all seriousness, I cracked an egg yesterday and got two yolks.

Is that a common occurence, or should I really stop buying cheap ass cage eggs?

NiNJA EDIT: OH **** YOU CHOCOLATE MILK

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Wow, who would have guessed?I was just trying to make it sound disgusting. ;)

Is that a common occurence, or should I really stop buying cheap ass cage eggs?That happens sometimes. You'll be really grossed out if you come across a stillborn egg...yolk and blood will spill out of it. It's quite nasty.

Optimum08
03-03-2006, 05:23 PM
That happens sometimes. You'll be really grossed out if you come across a stillborn egg...yolk and blood will spill out of it. It's quite nasty.

thanks scarz...thanks

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Sorry. :)

thajeepster
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
ive came across a few bloody yolks in my experience... ive actually eaten one as well :D

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
ive actually eaten one as wellThat's just lovely...

TTT
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
It's only chicken.
What's worse is when there's a partially-developed chick in there.

eatit
03-05-2006, 10:59 AM

Is that a common occurence, or should I really stop buying cheap ass cage eggs?

NiNJA EDIT: OH **** YOU CHOCOLATE MILK

count your luck. Two yolks for the price of one! (unless you were trying to make an eggwhite omlete, then i'm sorry...)

But i know that you can buy eggs that have two yolks. It's nothing bad, just one of those oddities in life.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-05-2006, 02:45 PM
What's worse is when there's a partially-developed chick in there.Too late. I already said that. ;)