PDA

View Full Version : benching shirts??

Hephaestus
03-03-2006, 11:52 AM
i was just curious, how does a benching shirt make you bench more? it doesnt make sense to me that putting on a special shirt makes you bench alot more =/

diesel_dan
03-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey I did a quick google and found this article:

http://www.criticalbench.com/bench-press-shirts.htm

Not sure if it answers exactly what you want to know (I skimmed it), but it seems to have a lot of information on bench shirts.

Anthony
03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Try one on (you'll need 1-2 people to put it on you) and you'll see why.

Sensei
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok, I'll answer seriously.

A bench press shirt is a tight fitting shirt made of one to three layers of polyester or denim. The construction of the shirt is such that provides support to the shoulders, pulling the arms together in front of the body and holds them there. As the bar is lowered to the chest, the material stretches providing resistance and assisting the lifter as he/she pushes the weight back up.

KevinStarke
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Pfft, I see my information isnt wanted here.

Sensei
03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Heaven forbid we have a little fun with the thread...

Optimum08
03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok, I'll answer seriously.

A bench press shirt is a tight fitting shirt made of one to three layers of polyester or denim. The construction of the shirt is such that provides support to the shoulders, pulling the arms together in front of the body and holds them there. As the bar is lowered to the chest, the material stretches providing resistance and assisting the lifter as he/she pushes the weight back up.

:withstupi