PDA

View Full Version : Opticen only

eshoremd
03-03-2006, 07:18 PM
anyone try just eating 5 or 6 opticen shakes a day? i was thinking of trying it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
You mean not eating food? Just drinking shakes all day long? That's a horrible idea. You need nutrients throughout the day and Opticen provides very little of what you need.

eshoremd
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
You mean not eating food? Just drinking shakes all day long? That's a horrible idea. You need nutrients throughout the day and Opticen provides very little of what you need.

im confused

If you're going to do this, make sure you're getting at least 25-30 grams of fiber a day. And if you're nowhere near that, slowly add fiber to your diet until you reach that amount. You need bulk passing through you for a healthy digestive system.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I meant just drinking Opticen all day is a bad idea. The shakes that people make when they're on an all-liquid diet contain a variety of vitamins/minerals to meet at least some level of nutrient needs. Opticen doesn't contain everything you need for the day...not even remotely. Even the Opticen page says:

Drinking Opticen shakes, combined with a healthy, moderate, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, can help you to get that lean, athletic physique you have always wanted.

It's not going to replace the nutrients you need.

eshoremd
03-03-2006, 10:14 PM
so what about three sensible meals and three shakes? last june i could bench 480. then i took 5 months off. right now im at 410 and would like to get back to 450 naturally. just basically looking for some extra low-fat, high-protien calories.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2006, 10:17 PM
If you're mixing it with meals, that should be perfectly fine. Maybe take a multivitamin or something.

eshoremd
03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
gotcha! ive taken a "one a day" 50 plus everyday for years now. also take v-c, zinc and glucosamine in addition.