PDA

View Full Version : Bulking?

Ferdo
01-14-2002, 11:01 AM
I ate clean for a while, while I was bulking. But it didnt help me put on weight. I just recently started eating some foods that are not so clean but not so bad. For example, Pizza pockets something which in the past I would not think of eating. But by eating more foods I have noticed a couple pounds going on in the last month. Would you say adding in some of these foods is Ok while bulking, and then getting rid of them during cutting?

millertime
01-14-2002, 11:02 AM
by pounds do you mean fat or lean muscle ?

gymtime
01-14-2002, 12:48 PM
Bulking does not mean you can eat crap. And yes, strictly speaking, pizza pockets are crap. The only difference between bulking and cutting is the AMOUNT of food you eat, not the food's quality. I mean, you can cheat a little bit, but for the most part, you're diet shouldn't change all that much.

YatesNightBlade
01-15-2002, 06:45 AM
For muscle building there is an optimum to find. Go over it and you'll put on fat go under it and you won't grow. You may have been eating clean, but obviously not enough. Increase your cals and start again. Keep junk food for one day a week. You'll enjoy em more.

notSoBig Guy
01-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Hmmmmm, I don't really eat clean, but I continue to gain lean mass and some fat too. I just keep my protein high, and I eat a lot of carbs too, and fat varies day to day.

I love bulking!

Ferdo
01-15-2002, 03:52 PM
I wasnt really talking burgers and fries, I would never eat that. I dont really care for it to much. I just meant maybe, not being so picky. Maybe start eating foods that is being made for dinner instead of eating diffrent from everyone else and just having plain chicken breast everynight. I started eating more foods and not being so picky and people have noticed that I am starting to fill out more. Not getting fat, just that Im not so thin anymore. I notice my friends eat whatever and they look pretty fit, Im not looking to be huge just a good size. My goal is 5`9 175 pounds, which everyone here would think is small. But I do appreciate the feedback. I think its different for me though. I play footbal on Sundays for 3 hours and when I come home and weigh myself, I drop about 5 pounds. I have a pretty fast metab.

Jane
01-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ferdo
I play footbal on Sundays for 3 hours and when I come home and weigh myself, I drop about 5 pounds. I have a pretty fast metab.

thats sweating, not metabolism.

Wizard
01-16-2002, 04:22 AM
That's right but it also helps enhance metabolism.(you burn calories at a higher rate for several hours after the game)

Jane
01-16-2002, 04:23 AM
I realize this, it just sounded like he was saying that playing football let him lose 5 pounds because of his fast metabolism. :)

the doc
01-16-2002, 06:34 AM
listen to yates you burgar eating foo!

YatesNightBlade
01-16-2002, 06:43 AM
;)

AnthonyE
01-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Ferdo

gymtime's post hit the nail on the head.

It is difficult eating 'body builder food' and not normal food.

However check out the net, there is plenty of recipes around - you can mix it up and actually enjoy what your eating