PDA

View Full Version : So Confused - Please help! How can this be possible?

Eszekial
03-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Today has been devestating. I go to the gym, i have a super work out. I'm doing chin ups, lifting super heavy, diet has be straight!

I check my weight, i'm at 211, just where I should be according to losing 1lbs per week.

A few months ago, I checked my BF using one of those hand held monitors. YOu hold it in your hand for 5 scnds it hcecks your body fat. I realize not the most accurate, but it's free, and i was at 18%!!!! Ok, so a few month later i'm down to about 14%! I'm doing great and i'm losing weight. My workout buddies are commenting on the defintion in my arms. Things are looking up! So today, i think to myself, I've been straight on a diet for 3 months now. I've started fit-daying, and i just started lifting heavy like a good boy. I'm going to check my BF! ------ WRONG -------- After two checks and 2 setting checks somehow I come out at 18% TWICE! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!

IS there something wrong with me??? Or is the hand monitor just full of ****?

My heart is pumping really hard right now, I had a bottle of smirnoff (sue me) and my 25e 200c today.... Could that have been what caused the amazing flucation? Can something i have eaten/done caused the BF monitor to be so off? - I did it right after a workout today, blood is pumping and my hands are shaking. I went full intensity today. ALso, i had my monthly cheat meal last night... Some serious pizza and donuts... Could this have caused the BF to skyrocket in one day???

Somebody... Somebody please tell me the BF monitor is full of **** and please, back it up!

Please no flaming, i'm slightly concerned that I may have been 100% delusional these last 3 months...

Built
03-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Are you at all dehydrated? Eating lower carbs than you have in the past?

Those BIA devices (which are COMPLETE crap, by the way) measure the resistance through your body, and calculate an estimate based on a typical level of hydration. To BIA, WATER = MUSCLE.

So if you're bloated, BIA will tell you you're lean. If you're dehydrated, it'll tell you you're a fatty (less water = less muscle to BIA).

Okay?

Now breathe.

:)

Eszekial
03-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Are you at all dehydrated? Eating lower carbs than you have in the past?

Those BIA devices (which are COMPLETE crap, by the way) measure the resistance through your body, and calculate an estimate based on a typical level of hydration. To BIA, WATER = MUSCLE.

So if you're bloated, BIA will tell you you're lean. If you're dehydrated, it'll tell you you're a fatty (less water = less muscle to BIA).

Okay?

Now breathe.

:)

You are a goddess

brickt.
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Goddess, and, don't rely on BF 'scales' for accuracy unless it's something hardcore like DEXA.

ddegroff
03-05-2006, 01:41 AM
do you look different in the mirror? i could use one of those things before my workout then drink a bunch of water and it would be different. LIke they said don't sweat it.