PDA

View Full Version : Knee wraps??..

JAROD
03-04-2006, 09:58 PM
well today i got a pair of Inzer knee wraps for the state meet in 14days, and wanted to know the right way to wrap knees. I had mine wrapped for one lift on squat at regionals. Well it helped alot and am pretty sure there is somewhat a surtian way to do it..or i think so is there?

Sensei
03-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Dr. Fred Hatfield (aka "Dr. Squat") Kneed to Know: http://www.drsquat.com/index.cfm?action=viewarticle&articleID=5

One additional tidbit: If you have some extra wrap at the end, you will want to tuck that under the wrap in such a way that some of it is sticking out above the knee - purists will say this is cheating and trying to put one over on the judges, but screw them...

edit: One more additional tidbit - you really should practice in them before using them in a meet and get as comfortable as possible wearing them. I don't know how many times I've seen guys get misloaded and have to stand around while the bar gets reloaded - the experienced guys will be all right, but the novices will be almost crying and sometimes be asking people around them to unwrap and then rewrap them...