PDA

View Full Version : Can someone look at my workout

Jordanbcool
03-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi, guys. Can you guys look at my most recent post in my journal to see if im eating enough food in one day to safely lose 1.5 pounds a week. Here are the "stats" for my lifestyle.

Projected weight- 195

558- cals burned during a workout
372- cals burned during a swim
434- cals burned for a 40 minute jog

Total calories to lose weight for my size/activity= 2996
Maintain weight= 3497
Gain weight= 3746

I got these numbers from muscle-techs calculators on their website. The first and second figures seem a little high but generally they will be around that. By the time my bulk is over i've projected a weight of 195 pounds. I will be working out 4 times a week, and jogging the other 3. Sometimes i will include some HIIT training/jump rope to mix things up. Two of my weight lifting days i will be swimming for 30 minutes. I've tried to get feed-back in other forums but no one usually responds so i decided to try in this one. Just go to the bottom of my signature and click the link for my journal. There i will have a list of my workout, activitities, and my diet. If you guys think i should change anything at all (less cardio, do not swim, more food etc.) please PLEASE let me know. My last cut went well (in a sense) because i lost alot of weight. However i lost about 15 pounds of muscle because i dropped it so fast! This time im shooting for 1.5 pounds a week because i know i will not be satisfied with just one pound, and 2 pounds is to much in my opinion. Look it over and critque it please. Thanks in advance.

-jordan

BTW. Its my most RECENT post is where i have my cutting routine all planned out. Everything before that is what im currently doing for my bulk.

Jorge Sanchez
03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
The only way to know how many calories you need to eat is to track what you eat and monitor your progress. Those calculators provide only a very rough estimate.

Personally, if I were that active I would need to eat more or I would lose more than 1.5lbs/week, but it's all very individual.

Jordanbcool
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
The only way to know how many calories you need to eat is to track what you eat and monitor your progress. Those calculators provide only a very rough estimate.

Personally, if I were that active I would need to eat more or I would lose more than 1.5lbs/week, but it's all very individual.

So should i cut back on the cardio or swimming? Maybe do swimming twice a week on non-workout days, and then just one day of HIIT.
Thanks again..

-jordan

EDIT: Give me your stats. Height, weight etc..

Jorge Sanchez
03-05-2006, 05:54 PM
All that cardio certainly isn't necessary, but it will allow you to eat more. Losing the weight is going to be 100% diet not cardio. HIIT is the best exercise in terms of losing fat and holding on to muscle, so its probably a good idea to keep that one. The other cardio is fine too, it certainly won't hurt.

So if you're happy doing all of that cardio, by all means do it, it is good for your heart and you won't feel as though you're starving yourself.

I'm 6'1'', 205lbs and I lost 2lbs/week on 2700cals per day on my last cut.

Built
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
So should i cut back on the cardio or swimming? Maybe do swimming twice a week on non-workout days, and then just one day of HIIT.

This sounds very reasonable. Focus on the diet to drop weight, and heavy lifting to preserve LBM.

Optimum08
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
:withstupi

Jordanbcool
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok! Thanks for the advice guys, i really really appreciate it. I think this cut coming up will turn out great. I'll keep my journal up to date so take a look every once in a while to see how im doing:thumbup:

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-06-2006, 06:18 AM
How does my diet look? I put it together through some research, A M&f (muscle and fitness magazine) proposed diet, and a basic spin-off of my current diet with less emphasis on carbs/fat and more emphasis on protein. Keep the great advice a-comin!!

-jordan

Spence
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Jordan, looks like you've got it under control. Diet is a great thing to have under control, try to take notice of how the body feels though with the change of diet. Lessening the emphasis on carbs/fat is good but remember that fat is essential in a good diet and to help maintain/build that muscle.

Don't forget to take a few days off every few days to help the muscles relax and fully repair tears before going at it again. Not only that but they will actually fully replenish glycogen stores and your next workout back will seem easy.

Peace