PDA

View Full Version : Loosing that gut..

LeoGSVT
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
hey guys, im new to the forums and this is my 1st post..im not looking to loost my gut, because i dont really have one, but i simply want to "tone it up" because i do notice a couple unwanted inches there..im thinking it has a lot to do with what i eat/diet...its weird because the only place i have the unwanted fat is on my lower abs and side obliques..i dont really have a diet, but i try and always eat grilled chicken, veggies, and never eat fatty junk food..but it just doesnt see to go away..im really starting to get in the gym heavy now..so i guess what im looking for is some good helping tips in the nutrition area to help me out!! any help would be awesome!!!
thanks! LEO!

Eszekial
03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
www.fitday.com

An ideal start.

Sidior
03-05-2006, 10:57 PM
do some reading around the forum, you can't spot reduce fat

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-05-2006, 11:10 PM
im thinking it has a lot to do with what i eat/diet..It doesn't have a lot to do with it, it has EVERYTHING to do with it. In order to have your abs showing, you need a low percentage of overall body fat. You can't spot reduce. You have to train your overall physique.

Mercuryblade
03-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Genetics, GENETICS. GENETICS! There is no such thing as spot reduction, there is no special diet, you have fat on your lower belly and sides because of the nice arrangement of nucleotide bases in your genome, it sucks.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-08-2006, 02:04 AM
He can get rid of that "fat on his lower belly".

deeder
03-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Genetics, GENETICS. GENETICS! There is no such thing as spot reduction, there is no special diet, you have fat on your lower belly and sides because of the nice arrangement of nucleotide bases in your genome, it sucks.

Uh... No special diet? How about one that puts him in a caloritic deficit? That sounds like the kind of 'special diet' he needs!

ddegroff
03-08-2006, 10:29 AM
"tone up"- *shudders*

Your right it has a lot to do with your diet, too bad you need to eat specific things that your body needs, to lose your "gut". Damn, that sounds so hard!

"diet" is what you eat on a daily basis, your on a diet right now (probably a crappy one). Like they said track on fitday and check out Builts sticky on the top of this forum (it will get you started in the right direction). oh yeah lift heavy!!

Bruise Brubaker
03-08-2006, 11:19 AM
http://ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=4&a=4

I though that was an interesting article. Charles Poliquin believes stress predisposes to belly fat storage.