PDA

View Full Version : Lets do Breakfast

FighterInSnatch
03-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Burned out on oatmeal. Throw some new ideas. I want clean food only. Thanx

Working2bebuff
03-06-2006, 04:23 AM
I am a newbie here but what about protein pancakes... You can make the cakes or muffins which are both really the same but taste different for some reason... They have oatmeal in them but can't taste it...

Maybe some egg whites... Also have seen a recipe for sweet tater pancakes... where you use egg whites and a sweet tater... Will look for that recipe...

Good ole egg white omelette with veggies is also another option...

HTH,
Juls

Shao-LiN
03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Eggs, Steak, Toast, Bagel, Waffles, Pancakes, etc. etc. etc.

eatit
03-06-2006, 05:53 PM
fried potatoes? (not deep fried in butter obviously. Use a tiny bit of olive oil or pam)

Eszekial
03-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I eat chicken salad for breakfast like half the weak :D

Paul Stagg
03-06-2006, 06:18 PM
My weekday breakfast is Opticen and a glass of OJ.

My weekend breakfast is usually 3-4 egg omlette with cheese, maybe a bagel or toast.

Built
03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Scrambled eggs with a sweet potato, tons of salt and bbq sauce.

That's my weekend breakfast when I train in the AM.

Built
03-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh, and protein waffles (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1019564&postcount=4)

I make 'em ahead of time, freeze 'em, and toast 'em like eggos.

getfit
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
oats,eggs, bagels,fruit

BIGGA
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I have a protein shake first thing, then wait an hour till i have any carbs, i like to make sure im out of catabolism and have some yogurt with my shake though, then oatmeal an hour later, sorry for not giving you any new ideas, could do with some myself!

someoneunlikeyo
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
i like the high protein cereals. kellogs vector or whey cereals. or two fried eghgs sunny side up with two peices of toast and a big glass of milk works good for me in a rush.

Buzzsaw
03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I love oatmeal. But when I want to have something different, I put a couple fried eggs and turkey bacon on a toasted bagel with some tabasco and make a sandwich. Tasty chit.

eatit
03-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a protein shake first thing, then wait an hour till i have any carbs, i like to make sure im out of catabolism and have some yogurt with my shake though, then oatmeal an hour later, sorry for not giving you any new ideas, could do with some myself!

yogurt has carbs and how exactly do you make sure you're "out of catabolism".

brickt.
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Um, eating carbs will stop catabolism..

TechMetalMan
03-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Recently I have been in a rush to get to school so I do a 20 g protein shake and two slices of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter spread on them.

When I have time I do 1 whole egg with 4-5 whites with cereal (raisin bran) or whole wheat tortillas.

Breakfast tacos are a good idea- egg whites+ (choose however many you like) sauteed potatoes, turkey bacon, cheese, salsa, low fat breakfast sausage, bell peppers, tomatoes etc+ whole wheat tortillas. Yum.

Migz1987
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I have recently been making skillets with sweet potatoes and stuff.
Good for bulking or cutting i suppose. Anyways, add all the good veggies like mushrooms, onions, peppers, and maybe some meat such as ham or turkey bacon. Then an egg or two and a bunch of whites. Makes for a delicious, interesting breakfast.

the one
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
24oz milk
1/2 serving of nlarge2
1 cup oats
1 scoop peanut butter
sip on it throughout my first class

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 02:55 PM
IMO Best breakfast

This is what my breakfast consists of.

3 oz sliced lowfat ham or turkey
3 slices of lowfat American, chedder, or swiss cheese
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup skim milk (or 1%)
3 egg yolks
9 egg whites

2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 tsp natural blueberry/strawberry jam

16 oz water

Makes one very large super omlett and a very good meal :rolleyes:

-jordan

Veritas
03-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Here's what I eat sometimes:
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
6 - Scoops of Opticen
4 - or so Egg Whites
1/4 Cup - Milk (I'm not sure how much I put in it)

Mix, until it looks like a pancake mix. Cook on a stickless pan. I do this, because it's just too hard to drink sometimes.

Metro
03-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Egg Beaters, Lean Ground Beef, Dash of Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese, and Whole Wheat toast....

(Homer Voice) Yuuummmy..

brian136
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh, and protein waffles (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1019564&postcount=4)

I make 'em ahead of time, freeze 'em, and toast 'em like eggos.

i read your recipe built.. about how many waffles or pancakes will that make? 4 or so? just curious.. thanks.. im gonna try it out.. jsut wondering how much it makes

FighterInSnatch
03-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Egg Beaters, Lean Ground Beef, Dash of Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese, and Whole Wheat toast....

(Homer Voice) Yuuummmy..

Wow this just sounds amazing.

The only problem is that I can't be loud in the morning. I get up at 330am and my mom complains that she hears me and can not fall back to sleep. I was thinking something more quick and easy. I always have Natty PB WW toast, but I need something with a bit more protein.

What do you guys think about microwave eggs? Yay or Nay? Is there a trick to cooking them without sticking to bowl?

Edit: Also when you guys say you have protein shake; Do you blend it in a blender? How well does Nitrean mix without blending in blender? Might invest.

Stackattack
03-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Cup of oats, 2 cups of milk, scoop of whey and a table spoon of olive oil.
Dump ingredients in to a blender then enjoy. Thats 900 cals and 55g of protein in about 5 minutes.
Why not move your blender to your garage of basement or something. Then you can make all the noise you want.

FighterInSnatch
03-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Cup of oats, 2 cups of milk, scoop of whey and a table spoon of olive oil.
Dump ingredients in to a blender then enjoy. Thats 900 cals and 55g of protein in about 5 minutes.
Why not move your blender to your garage of basement or something. Then you can make all the noise you want.

Haha, I've done that before. ITs just a pain to have to drag it back and forth.

Metro
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Egg Beaters can't be that loud! Just pour and cook.

I can see the ground beef being loud with the sizzle and the constant chopping of the beef...but I always prepare a couple days worth of the stuff and put it in the fridge. Come morning...just throw a serving in the microwave, 35 seconds, and I'm done. Spread over the egg beaters...sprinkle my Sargento cheese..let it melt and grab my piece of WW toast.

With a little planning, it's virtually inaudible & delicious.:thumbup:

Beholder
03-12-2006, 10:30 PM
My weekday breakfast is Opticen and a glass of OJ.

My weekend breakfast is usually 3-4 egg omlette with cheese, maybe a bagel or toast.
What do you mix in with your Oppticen?
Right now I am using something called Muscle Juice....2 cups of milk + tbsp of natty PB. Might start using that as breakfast.

Paul Stagg
03-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Water and a couple of ice cubes.

Nitrean mixes without a blender. Put it in something with a lid, and shake away.

Rex
03-13-2006, 09:23 AM
This is not what I have for breakfast. But.

Opticen and a bottle of Poland Spring water. I mix it with a SPOON! Tastes good and the consistency is fine.