PDA

View Full Version : Need help with college diet

JDNY87
03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm in college and have a hard time keeping track of the nutrional values of the foods i eat because its buffet style cafe. I've been trying to bulk and would as best i could, but i didnt mind putting a couple unwanted pounds because im training for football. Now I'm up to 233 pounds and 17% body fat. Now i dont think 17 is that bad, but i might be wrong. I want to start cutting those unwanted pounds now but dont really know what to do. When I was bulking i would eat in the cafe three times a day and then stick in a shake before and after lifts and then a meal between each trip to the cafe. Now the cafe has grilled chicken that gets made right infront of me and they have pretty much anything you can think of. Should I cut back on the extra meals and clean up the cafe meals more? Let me know what you think

eatit
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
you sort of answered your own questions here.

just cut down on the calories and you'll be cutting. Simple as that.

JDNY87
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Alright, but i do want to cut back on the extra meals? also I have been taking one scoop of N large2 before lift and 2 after. Is this ok to do while cutting or do i need a new shake.

eatit
03-06-2006, 05:48 PM
No really, it's all calories.

If the N large2 fits into your planned diet (if you don't have one, shame on you) then no you don't. By the sound of it, it probably has a lot more than just protein in it so you may want to save those calories for real food because it will fill you up more.

And you don't *need* a shake at all. the only real reason to use one is if you're having a hard time filling your protein requirements for the day (which may be the case living in dorms).

eatit
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Also: please try and read around the other threads on this forum. They have all the advice you could ever need on how to create a successful cutting diet for yourself.