PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I don't eat enough

John04Civic
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Maybe this should go into the Health forum.. If so please move it.. If not..

Anyways:

I have been doing the diet for about 1.5weeks now. I've already lost nearly 6 lbs and dropped about 1 full % of body fat (consistently 1% less than when I started). Lately I have been feeling VERY hungry. So hungry, my stomach churns and I feel a little uneasy.

Today I just couldn't help it.. I had everything written down like it was picture perfect, but I just couldn't be satisfied eating 5 small meals, so I ended up f'in up and eating a few cookies and a bowl of ceral to hold me over until supper.

Seriously, how can I avoid feeling so hungry so I don't have to cheat and get all this bad food? Any ideas for healthy hunger filler snacks?

Eszekial
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Salted Brocolli. More eggs.

Keep in mind, the longer you go with less food, the easier it gets.

I've been doing this for a few months now, and i have to force myself to eat these days.

Bohizzle
03-06-2006, 05:50 PM
how many calories did u drop when u started ur cut?

eatit
03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
the lower you go the harder it gets. have fun!

(eat some celery or something)

John04Civic
03-06-2006, 06:22 PM
how many calories did u drop when u started ur cut?
I don't know, but I know I went from several hundred carbs a day to under 100 (around 70g is average)

Davidelmo
03-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Huge bowl of veggies.

You'll eat until you're so full you feel sick and you'll be lucky to get a couple hundred kcal from it.

It's also full of nutrients and fibre too :D

Bohizzle
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
i personally am not a fan of veggies... but if u are, eat lots of them and u won't get as hungry... but more to the point of my first question - why not drop it slower, and let ur body adjust to eating less, and then drop it a little bit more once u adjust... most of the time when people fail at dieting is because they went too hard out of the gates and then a little while in they start cheating and then give up. take it slow, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Andrew

Edit: jello is good too, very low in cals and if u eat enough of it, it will fill u up! it tastes nice too!

John04Civic
03-06-2006, 08:01 PM
i personally am not a fan of veggies... but if u are, eat lots of them and u won't get as hungry... but more to the point of my first question - why not drop it slower, and let ur body adjust to eating less, and then drop it a little bit more once u adjust... most of the time when people fail at dieting is because they went too hard out of the gates and then a little while in they start cheating and then give up. take it slow, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Andrew

Edit: jello is good too, very low in cals and if u eat enough of it, it will fill u up! it tastes nice too!
I heard this from my best friend too.. I think this is about right.

I didn't know jello was a good "candy".. I LOVE JELLO!! :D

Things are lookin up now!

abwowang
03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Salted Brocolli.

I know fruits and vegetables are always good regardless of cutting or bulking... but why salted?

Built
03-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Salt's good on a cut: http://chemo.net/sodium-.htm

Are your fats high enough? I can't stand living if my fats get too low.

meanmike628
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
If you've lost 6 pounds and only 1% bodyfat that probably isn't a good sign. I'm cutting right now and I have lost 8.5 pounds and lost approximately 5% bodyfat.

John04Civic
03-07-2006, 07:21 PM
If you've lost 6 pounds and only 1% bodyfat that probably isn't a good sign. I'm cutting right now and I have lost 8.5 pounds and lost approximately 5% bodyfat.
What should I do?

Bohizzle
03-07-2006, 08:59 PM
could be just water and glycogen stores depleting as ur carbs have dropped significantly, i'm sure a diet guru can clear that up as i'm not sure if i'm correct.

Andrew

brickt.
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
^^
Yeah, if he's only be dieting for 10 days or so, a 6lb weight loss is normal if he has dropped carbs.

Carbs make you hold water/glycogen in your muscles, when you drop carbs, you drop the water/glycogen.

Keep on trucking, and if you're worried about your weight loss being bad, create a new thread or send me a PM.

Sidior
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't know, but I know I went from several hundred carbs a day to under 100 (around 70g is average)

that is a problem in itself, figure out how many cals you are taking in not just carbs, then ask some experts here to evaluate your diet