PDA

View Full Version : My Cut

Migz1987
03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone...I've been lurking in the shadows for the past few weeks, but here is my first post. Anyways, a little background. 18 yrs old, 5' 9" 175.5 lbs. About three weeks into a cut as of now, coming off a rather short 2 month bulk. I was up to 185 and have dropped about ~10lbs in 3 weeks. Obviously, i am concerned at the fairly rapid weight loss, but i am feeling/looking/lifting big and hard. I feel i look as big as i did a month ago, and my lifts aren't dropping. The fat is coming off it seems. I was cutting on about 2700 kcals/day, and then dropped it to 2400 ish. But now it seems i am retaining more fat this past week and a half, and with a 10lbs drop in weight, i am concerned about ketosis. I was considering a fairly modified PSMF for a week to try and jump start fat loss, but i am concerned then about calories really being too low. Well, any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the length of this...just want to be thorough

eatit
03-06-2006, 10:43 PM
why are you concerned about ketosis? What about is concerning you?

by modified PSMF do you mean hella low calorie diet?

If you're going to do a hella low calorie week (with which there is nothing wrong as long as you get adequate protein... and you get do a to carb load at the end (if you do low carbs) which is always fun.) take a week back at maintenance and then go for it. Right now it your metabolism is probably slowing down and it'd be terrible to PSMF and not loose the maximum ammount of weight possible.

If you wanted to dabble in such things you could also add an EC stack.

Built
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
How's your training going? Describe it.

Migz1987
03-07-2006, 09:11 AM
eatit, I am concerned that i dropped the cals too fast and that i am gonna start storing fat as opposed to burning it.
So you think a modified PSMF would work as long as i go back up to maintenece for a week? I was considering about 75g carbs on training days and around 45g on non-training days. I read something by Lyle McDonald that that would be an advantageous amount of carbs. Would the PSMF still work as well with this?

Built, my PRs are sticking where i got them up to during my bulk, and for the most part i am happy with where they are. I have a screwed up split, but here it is: Back/Bi's - Mon, Off- Tues, Chest/tri's- Wed, Off - Thursday, Shoulders - Thurs, off - fri, legs- sat, off - sunday...
I am considering beginning to walk w/ a 50 lbs weighted vest i have for 30-45 min /day on my off days, because i hate not going to the gym/not doing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for the responses so far.

Built
03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
If you intend to do a PSMF, bite the bullet and buy the book - all is explained within, including refeeds.

Glad you're maintaining your strength.