PDA

View Full Version : stomache aches

PoutineEh
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
i dont know why, but i have been getting stomach aches on and off for the past few weeks. its hard trying to isolate the problem. it usually occurs about 15 minutes after i eat food (not everytime i eat food, maybe once every other 3 days). i recently just ate some nitrean, natural peanut butter, and jello pudding and i have a small stomache ache from that. i also got bad stomache aches while driving to florida 2 fridays ago after eating that one bar in the wbb recipe section (protein, pb, oats, and honey). i thought it might be from eating peanut butter, but i also got the same type of stomache ache after eating breakfast one morning which was a bagel, scrambled eggs and a slice of ham. im hoping its some type of flu bug or something because i dont wanna give up peanut butter if that is the cause or any other type of food.

any idea what it could be? would this be something i need to visit the doctor for?

getfit
03-07-2006, 02:32 PM
could be a gastro

PoutineEh
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
what exactly is that? do i just kind of have to wait this out?

getfit
03-07-2006, 03:10 PM
what exactly is that? do i just kind of have to wait this out?
http://scsc.essortment.com/whatisgastro_riwd.htm

do you have any of these symptoms?

PoutineEh
03-07-2006, 04:26 PM
id say the following, but they arent very severe
abdominal cramps
nausea (if i dont eat for more than 4 hours or so)

getfit
03-07-2006, 04:34 PM
if this continues for awhile i would get it checked, my mom just got over a gastro and she let it go for a VERY long time and it got terribly worse

PoutineEh
03-08-2006, 01:33 PM
is it something medication can fix? i am at college right now and i just talked to my mom and she said if i go to our university's health service they may tell me i have to see my physician at home so i might not be able to get it checked out for 2 or 3 weeks. did certain foods aggrevate your mothers stomache or would it just come and go?

does this seem like it could possibly be a food allergy or intolerance of some sort? i dont know if i might have developed a food allergy/intolerance to nuts or not. first semester of school i would probably eat ~2-3 tbsp. of peanut butter a day. not until 3 weeks ago did peanut butter (the food item that the stomache pains usually follow) give me these aches. like i said earlier, i dont always get these pains after i eat certain foods though. i dont know of anyone in my family with a food allergy to peanut butter. i read there is 1% chance for adults to develop a food allergy. hoping im not in there cause i dont know if i can live w/o peanut butter.

i think ill try to give up peanut butter for 3-4 days and see what happens and then follow that by gorging on peanut butter and seeing if i get a stomache ache.

getfit
03-08-2006, 02:05 PM
have an allergy to peanuts is quite serious, let the pb go for a few days and see how you feel

getfit
03-08-2006, 02:11 PM
http://www.allergyasthma.on.ca/peanut1.htm

Spartan936
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I suggest that you also try taking milk out of your diet for awhile. You could be lactose intolerant. Get lactose free milk, or eat yogurt instead.