PDA

View Full Version : Trying to bulk up!

jmoss
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
im about 6'2 180 and i just started the WWB 1 routine, and a fit day. i just wanted to know how my fitday looks to yall heres the link. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mossdaboss

thanks

getfit
03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
i see no veggies in your diet

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:15 PM
what are the best kind to eat and what would they help me with i know im lacking in protein

Jordanbcool
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
im about 6'2 180 and i just started the WWB 1 routine, and a fit day. i just wanted to know how my fitday looks to yall heres the link. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mossdaboss

thanks

Are you bulking or cutting?

Either way your not eating enough protein.

-jordan

brickt.
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Lose 100g carbs.
Add 100g protein.
Fats look good, but choose better sources: olive oil, nuts, avocado

Personally, I'd ditch the Waffles, syrup, white bread, bolonga and McDonalds. I'd replace them with, um, healthy food? Oatmeal, Sweetpotato, Fruit, Vegies, wholewheat bread.

If the diet you posted is a surplus, you'd certainly bulk up, just not in a good way, unless your genetics parallel that of Zeus'.

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:32 PM
bulking

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
im 20 and in college and on a real tight budget so i eat whats in the fridge and cheap lol i know its not good but i dont know what else to eat so if you guys could give me some suggestions itl be great thank

sorry for the run on im eating din din

Jordanbcool
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
im 20 and in college and on a real tight budget so i eat whats in the fridge and cheap lol i know its not good but i dont know what else to eat so if you guys could give me some suggestions itl be great thank

sorry for the run on im eating din din

Listen to the brickster. He knows what hes talking about.

99% of the time healthy food is cheaper.

Why?

Because most people dont eat it!

-jordan

I.E. Fruits, eggs, whole grains, veggies. Im not talking about that healthy man or atkins crap you see all over the place either.

SilverYello
03-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Listen to the brickster. He knows what hes talking about.

99% of the time healthy food is cheaper.

Why?

Because most people dont eat it!

-jordan

I.E. Fruits, eggs, whole grains, veggies. Im not talking about that healthy man or atkins crap you see all over the place either.

Not always. The chicken per lb is outrageous around here. $5/lb? What happened to skinless boneless breasts being cheap?

Built
03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Cheap easy protein: cottage cheese mixed with tuna.

Surprisingly edible.

You've had excellent advice here. Take it.

Good luck!

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:43 PM
can one of you guys link me to you fitday sites so i can have a good ieda of what to buy

Built
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Just read "what a bodybuilder eats" http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
i smoke a little weed a couple times a week will that effect anything besides my brain cells?

Built
03-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Probably not. Hell, it'll give you the munchies! Just don't drive that way, k?

TechMetalMan
03-07-2006, 07:46 PM
If chicken is ridiculous moneywise how is Turkey?

Or tuna or any other fish (perch is cheap around here for fish and is surprisingly good- similar to Tilapia).

Natural peanut butter, nuts, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs etc- are good on the run sources of protein and generally cheap (ish).

jmoss
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
thanks for the replies i thought i was doing good with the eating im glad a posted this i woulda been fat as hell lol

SilverYello
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Turkey is good if its not the processed stuff.

Built
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Nuts aren't particularly high in protein, but they are an excellent source of healthy fat. And very portable.

Jordanbcool
03-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Not always. The chicken per lb is outrageous around here. $5/lb? What happened to skinless boneless breasts being cheap?

Where the hell do you live!!

Jordanbcool
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
If chicken is ridiculous moneywise how is Turkey?

Or tuna or any other fish (perch is cheap around here for fish and is surprisingly good- similar to Tilapia).

Natural peanut butter, nuts, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs etc- are good on the run sources of protein and generally cheap (ish).

Im sorry but beef jerky has got to be the most EXPENSIVE thing you can buy. Think about it, 6 bucks for a small bag??!!

I buy some every once in a while for a treat. Great source of protein and hardly any calories.

-jordan

BTW. it tastes great to!

jmoss
03-07-2006, 11:20 PM
i just read this article http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=155 and it says i wont gain weight eating "clean" because i am a hard gainer. what are you guys thoughts?

TechMetalMan
03-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Im sorry but beef jerky has got to be the most EXPENSIVE thing you can buy. Think about it, 6 bucks for a small bag??!!

I buy some every once in a while for a treat. Great source of protein and hardly any calories.

-jordan

BTW. it tastes great to!

I get like 16 ounce, or maybe 8 ounce, not sure, bags from walmart for like 5 bucks...yes sorta pricey. But i eat it over the course of 4 or 5 days usually. I dont know, to me its not too bad...but it has like 12 g of protein- hardly any calories and like 1.5 g of fat. Good little snack.

Veritas
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
i wont gain weight eating "clean" because i am a hard gainer. what are you guys thoughts?

Your summary is BS. RTFA. If you read it, Chris basically does say to eat clean, eat lots of calories, lift hard, and sleep long.

jmoss
03-08-2006, 01:15 PM
okay i have begun to eat better or so i think here is my fitday for today i already have ate 3350 cals by 2 pm and havent had dinner http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mossdaboss

brickt.
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Jmoss, you must listen to me here.

You won't gain much muscle on the diet you've posted, even the new one. It is 1) far too low in protein 2) comprised of horrible food. You will, however, gain weight, assuming it's all over your maintenance calories, but it will be in the form of FAT. Not good, really.

You must make sure your protein is ATLEAST 175-200g every day, preferable 225-250g every day. Ditch the white bread and replace with with wholewheat bread or, oatsmeal, which is even better. Change the vegetable oil to olive oil. The PB, Milk, eggs and wings are alright, although I'd prefer the wings to be chicken breasts, but, oh well. That weight gainer could be anything from awesome to downright crap, I don't know without the nutrition info.

jmoss
03-08-2006, 05:12 PM
brickt i am trying i just dont have the money to buy healthy foods right now, prolly next week sometime. it would be nice if someone can make me a diet plan so i can eat right and buy good foods :) anyway here is the info on my weight gainer i mix it with milk i take 1 full scoop everytime i drink a shake http://www.bodyconcept.com/family/1018/supplement_facts.html oh yea i eat most of my meat at night is that a problem?

eatit
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
wait till there's a sale on canned sources of protein (tuna, salmon, beans... whatever) then buy a whole ton. Just flip the coupon books every couple days.

for carbs go to any place that you pay for things according to weight and buy a whole ton of oats. Here in vancouver they go for about 20 cents for 100 grams.

you can do the same with peanuts to get cheap and healthy fats.

or make friends with someone with a costco/sam clubs/bulk food store membership and get them to pick stuff up for you.

Also if you're in a college with a decent cafeteria usually they have a fruit bar with cottage cheese. Bring a container and fill it up it's usually cheaper than at the grocery store if they charge you by weight.

brickt.
03-08-2006, 06:04 PM
brickt i am trying i just dont have the money to buy healthy foods right now, prolly next week sometime. it would be nice if someone can make me a diet plan so i can eat right and buy good foods :) anyway here is the info on my weight gainer i mix it with milk i take 1 full scoop everytime i drink a shake http://www.bodyconcept.com/family/1018/supplement_facts.html oh yea i eat most of my meat at night is that a problem?

Man, healthy food is generally cheap! Oats, eggs, skim milk powder, big bags of peanuts, cans of tuna, whole wheat bread, sweet potato, brown rice, cottage cheese. They are all quite inexpensive, and very good for gaining lean mass.

For a meal plan something like this could work

Breakfast
Oats, Eggwhites and Peanuts/Peanut Butter

Snack
Weight Gainer or whey with Milk and Peanuts

Lunch
Tuna Sandwhich with lots of salad and an Apple

Snack
Weight Gainer or whey with Milk and Peanuts

Dinner
Some sort of meat, baked wings is an ok start, with lots of vegies and some sweet potato/brown rice

Before Bed
Cottage cheese, Milk, Peanuts

That is a very basic, and IMHO, very easily/cheap diet to set up and maintain. Chuck in some dirty **** once or twice a week if you feel like it for the moment.

Edit: I'd consider that weight gainer to be pretty bad. It has a ****load of dextrose as its carb source, which is extremly Hi GI, which will aid in adding body fat. I'd ditch it and buy a simple whey protein from Costco?? or wherever you can in America.