PDA

View Full Version : Health teachers

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 08:57 AM
I love health teachers. By this i mean i love how they know everything (or think they do). Today i was in my college health class going about my normal phase of daydreaming. As my health teacher went on and on about carbohydrates, protein, and fat i just zoned out. I knew everything she was going to say, and i knew what lame questions she was going to ask. The people around me just stared in awe at a lipid. Whats a lipid they all asked together. America's re*ardation is comical (for me atleast). I like it when this obese, pale, baby elephant raises her hand to comment on what lipids mean. Of course she knows what they mean. Look at her! The freaking cow could eat a room full of "lipids".

Anyways to get back on topic.

I was told to print out one of my fitdays to turn in. I naturally gave her the most recent one i could and started to leave class. Like a sixth sense my health teacher looked up at me and said, "OMG look at how much protein and calories your taking". She then continued to lecture me of the healthy eating habits i SHOULD have and told me i could be at "serious risk" of health problems. She then asked me my weight...

When i looked her straight in the eye and told her 190.5 pounds she almost fell over. Do you know for your height you should be between 130-150??!! I asked her if i looked at all obese, then told her i was at 13% bodyfat which is much lower then the average person.

She paused and said. "O yea, your one of those body builders arent you?"

"Yes" i said, yes i am.

I swear one day im going to ask her if i can teach the class.

Ignorance is bliss.

-jordan

ddegroff
03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah man sounds like a basic nutrition class... Actually i'm sitting in a weight control nutrition class as we speak... LOL

Its absolutly amazing the difference of ideas from RD's and body builders. We're consuming so many calories, so much protein, to much fat, blah blah blah...

It shows you how much different ideas there are out there today. My suggestion is to keep day dreaming during that class, haha. These type of classes are for the average joe, who just wants to lose weight.

(right now my "weight control" teacher is going over hypertorphy and such, quite amuzing)

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah man sounds like a basic nutrition class... Actually i'm sitting in a weight control nutrition class as we speak... LOL

Its absolutly amazing the difference of ideas from RD's and body builders. We're consuming so many calories, so much protein, to much fat, blah blah blah...

It shows you how much different ideas there are out there today. My suggestion is to keep day dreaming during that class, haha. These type of classes are for the average joe, who just wants to lose weight.

(right now my "weight control" teacher is going over hypertorphy and such, quite amuzing)

Indeed.

One thing i do love is when she knows im daydreaming and she calls on me.

Of course i simply ask her to repeat the question and then continue to annoy her by answering it correctly.

She thought she could fool me with the word "lipid". HA! Im not like that fat cow in the class, i know what a lipid is!!!

-jordan

Wait a second.......she has extensive knowledge of the lipid...*thinks of her arms jiggling as she raises her hand*..

ddegroff
03-08-2006, 12:13 PM
the cow you speak of probably knows what "redefined" carbs are too...

Holto
03-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I have never met a nutritionist, RD, or PT that had a clue.

Eszekial
03-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Jordan you rock my socks :D You should walk into class one day and bench press (or squat if necessary) the fatties.

I know 2 "nutritionists" that i see on a daily basis. 1 of them was even a physical trainer for a health spa.

Both of them had no idea what a BCAA was. When asked how to cut, both said, "take 20 minute walks, dont eat after 6." I eat about 3-4 whole eggs a day... The one gal was like, "Your going to have a heart attack. There is so much cholesterol in those eggs."

I'm 19 For christ sake!

rock on brother!

Guido
03-08-2006, 03:23 PM
If I could do it all over again, and didn't care about my grades, I'd take a whole bunch of classes on nutrition, health, etc. and school the prof. in front of the all students so they'd stop giving out so much misinformation. But of course, I can't...so I dye grass.

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
If I could do it all over again, and didn't care about my grades, I'd take a whole bunch of classes on nutrition, health, etc. and school the prof. in front of the all students so they'd stop giving out so much misinformation. But of course, I can't...so I dye grass.

Eh, so far my teacher hasent been wrong on everything she teaches. It just amazes me how stupid people really are when it comes to your body. Its sad to see some pudgy 250+ girl raising her hand in class constantly answering EVERYTHING. Look at her though! She obviously knows nothing about living a healthy lifestyle or she wouldnt be so obese.

Her like most people (and fitness experts) are parrots. They read what they see and repeat it but dont take the time to apply the principles or even see if what they're "learning" is correct! One day im going to pull her aside and ask her if she knows everything about the body why she looks the way she does.

I've seen this girl walk into class (college class no less!) with a styrofoam container with greasy fried food from the cafeteria. She chows down on it as her plump arms jiggle back and forth as she prepares for another day of lecture. I just look at her in disgust and pity while shaking my head.

Of course my health teacher says nothing to her about her weight.....

Guess she either dosent care or dosent want to be mean..

-jordan

P.S. The only thing i wish health teachers actually knew is the fundamentals of bodybuilding. When i told her i was gaining weight she looked at me like i was from mars.

Bikkstah
03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I loved the weight loss part of my health class last term which stated that 20 min. of exercise a day and not eating 4 hours before bed is the best way to lose weight.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
P.S. The only thing i wish health teachers actually knew is the fundamentals of bodybuilding. When i told her i was gaining weight she looked at me like i was from mars.Oh noes! YoUz A®3 Eating Teh FoOudds anD Gaining Teh We!ght!!!!!shock11!!!surprise!!!ignorance!!

Antonious
03-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Tell your health teacher to go to the gym and hit the weights :P

My health teacher is the opposite though, gives good information 99% of the time

Optimum08
03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
I have never met a nutritionist, RD, or PT that had a clue.

word^

brickt.
03-08-2006, 05:56 PM
To the OP, I think you're very arrogant.

Health teachers/nutritionists/dieticians/whatever, give EXCELLENT information that is quite relevant to normal people in order to live a healthy life in a healthy weight range. They aren't giving out information for 'bodybuilders' who are trying to make optimal gains.

Jorge Sanchez
03-08-2006, 06:53 PM

:withstupi I have another -ant word in mind and it begins with ignor.

Jordan, you really do believe you are the smartest person alive don't you?

deeder
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
^^^ ROTFLMFAO!

I was thinking the same while reading this.

Also Jordan, I don't think you've posted any pics yet.. From your avatar you don't look like 13% bf. I'd go with a moon-faced 20 - 25% with very narrow shoulders.

Keep bashing everyone with things you only learnt a month ago on this forum... Don't worry, only about half of us notice ;)

eatit
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
damn, i thought i was going to be the first to call this one out but you beat me too it brickt.

The way people eat here on these forums would be in no way shape or form optimal for the average person (granted, it'd probably be an improvement). A) it'd be a waste of money as the average person does not need anywhere near what a body builder needs and B) chances are they would just get fat if they're not exercising or lifting and therefore will not utilize the caloric surplus.

When someone says you'll lose weight by exercising an extra twenty minutes a day and not eating after six they're intending that advice for your average sedentary North American. Trust me when i say over night catabolism is the last thing on an average North American's mind.

Most people neither have the drive nor motivation to track their calories, make sure they're getting 1 gram of protein per pound of lbm or even to eat six meals a day. What it seems like you don't understand is *that is totally fine*. It'd be like expecting someone who had no desire to be a musician to practice an instrument everyday. Different goals for different people.

Canadian Crippler
03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Guess what? What most of us are doing in not an example of a healthy lifestyle. Gaining 50lbs a year and walking around at 250 is not the most healthy thing you can do, point blank.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
But some of us ARE doing it for a healthy lifestyle.

Health teachers/nutritionists/dieticians/whatever, give EXCELLENT information that is quite relevant to normal people in order to live a healthy life in a healthy weight range. They aren't giving out information for 'bodybuilders' who are trying to make optimal gains.Exactly. There are health experts that deal specifically with bodybuilding nutrition and gaining mass though. It all depends on what field you want to get into.

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Guess what? What most of us are doing in not an example of a healthy lifestyle. Gaining 50lbs a year and walking around at 250 is not the most healthy thing you can do, point blank.

Exactly my point. I was just trying to add a little humor to it because the baby cow bothers me.

Everyone else can shove it up your ass (except brickt)

Like brickt said they give out relavant info. for the average person. Bodybuilders are not the average person and people should keep an open mind of that.

I never said i knew everything or that i was smarter then anyone/everyone else.

Its just stupid that people have such a terrible midset about gaining weight and body building as a whole. Take steroid bashing for example. Many people take steroids without adverse side effects but they get a horrible rep. Its what you actually do while your using them/over-eating that counts.

And the personal attacks are annoying because its the SAME (jorge being one of them) few people that constantly follow my threads and leave a moronic comment that has nothing to do with what im even talking about.

Send me an e-mail or IM me if you want to bash me so much. I'd be happy to entertain your concerns of me not knowing anything. I've see people with 2 posts leave good information and i've seen people with 500+ posts leave stupid information.

My point is you know nothing about me or my knowledge or for that matter bodyfat. So dont try to act like you do. I will post pictures of me AFTER my cut but i would not lie about my bodyfat. Theres no point in it. I can guarentee you im 13% bodyfat and if you dont believe me i do not care.

The picture is from 3 years ago while i was at 18% bodyfat if its of any concern to you deeder.

-jordan

P.S. Obviously there are people that agree with me. Yet no one starts to personally attack them?! Like i said, same old three people following my threads that have no life and to much free time.

Unreal
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Grow up.

Jordanbcool
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Grow up.

Cut me some slack man i had a long day at work.

I need sleep im grouchy right now.

ddegroff
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
while i agree that we have a completely different lifestyle than most everyone, the teachers I have are very onesided and act like there knowledge is the right way and only way.

deeder
03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Exactly my point. I was just trying to add a little humor to it because the baby cow bothers me.

Everyone else can shove it up your ass (except brickt)

Like brickt said they give out relavant info. for the average person. Bodybuilders are not the average person and people should keep an open mind of that.

I never said i knew everything or that i was smarter then anyone/everyone else.

Uhhh :

I knew everything she was going to say, and i knew what lame questions she was going to ask. The people around me just stared in awe at a lipid. Whats a lipid they all asked together. America's re*ardation is comical (for me atleast).

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Its just stupid that people have such a terrible midset about gaining weight and body building as a whole. Take steroid bashing for example. Many people take steroids without adverse side effects but they get a horrible rep. Its what you actually do while your using them/over-eating that counts.

==> It is also stupid that people have such a terrible mindset about obesity. Perhaps this 'cow' in your class has an eating disorder (do not try to blame this on her or her willpower; these are psychological problems), perhaps she takes medication which make her prone to gaining weight (ie: epilepsy meds), etc. Our society promotes a lifestyle that leads to this and yet we laugh at them and make jokes when many of us are leading equally unhealthy lives.

And the personal attacks are annoying because its the SAME (jorge being one of them) few people that constantly follow my threads and leave a moronic comment that has nothing to do with what im even talking about.

I'm sorry if you feel like I am following your threads just to post moronic comments. To be honest I follow your threads often because I get a good laugh from them. Your arrogance and inability to make several posts without contradicting yourself amuse me. I often refrain from commenting.

Send me an e-mail or IM me if you want to bash me so much. I'd be happy to entertain your concerns of me not knowing anything. I've see people with 2 posts leave good information and i've seen people with 500+ posts leave stupid information.

My point is you know nothing about me or my knowledge or for that matter bodyfat. So dont try to act like you do. I will post pictures of me AFTER my cut but i would not lie about my bodyfat. Theres no point in it. I can guarentee you im 13% bodyfat and if you dont believe me i do not care.

From the threads and posts of yours that I have read I think I have a pretty good idea of your knowledge...

The picture is from 3 years ago while i was at 18% bodyfat if its of any concern to you deeder.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can sleep at night.

-jordan

P.S. Obviously there are people that agree with me. Yet no one starts to personally attack them?! Like i said, same old three people following my threads that have no life and to much free time.

I think the same thing everytime I read one of your long-winded posts.

About the "personal attack" -- I thought that the 'cow' in your class deserved someone to back her. Considering the data at hand I would say my accusation was fairly appropriate.

Info Relevant to the topic:

There was a small section in my bio 150 class on nutrition in which the basic functions of carbs, fats and proteins were discussed. Essential fats and proteins were mentionned as well as what foods contained them. While I did find much of the information to be useless to me because of research into the matter on my own time I was able to contribute some useful information to the discussion that otherwise probably would not have been discussed. Perhaps this is an approach you could take next time rather than raising your nose at the prof and the 'stupidity' of the class.

brickt.
03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
said lots of words

The last nutritionist/health expert I went to advised that I should eat complex carbs, lean cuts of meat, and healthy fat. She even went as far to say that taking fishoil caps would be beneficial if I didn't eat alot of fatty fish.

Yep, she was pretty cool.

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 05:56 AM
About the "personal attack" -- I thought that the 'cow' in your class deserved someone to back her. Considering the data at hand I would say my accusation was fairly appropriate.

Info Relevant to the topic:

There was a small section in my bio 150 class on nutrition in which the basic functions of carbs, fats and proteins were discussed. Essential fats and proteins were mentionned as well as what foods contained them. While I did find much of the information to be useless to me because of research into the matter on my own time I was able to contribute some useful information to the discussion that otherwise probably would not have been discussed. Perhaps this is an approach you could take next time rather than raising your nose at the prof and the 'stupidity' of the class.

This girl does not have an eating disorder, i graduated high school with her and she lives in the same area as i do. I know she does NOT have one. I didnt feel the need to share that information though as it is irrelevant. I feel no sympathy for her at all.

1) She does not know i am even talking about her
2) She is horribly obese
3) She is also very obnoxious which is the real reason why i dont like her
4) The way she treats her body is a disgrace (not only eating wise)

She also used to be pretty thin and looked great. I used to be pretty overweight (maybe go so far as to say obese) but i did something about it. I will post pictures of last year how much i weighed and what i looked like compared to the person i am now. Imagine 212 at 18-19% bodyfat (maybe even higher)!!

Anyways, the long post was not needed on my part. Last night i had a horrible day. Worked sucked, and when i got outside my car wouldnt start. Took an hour to get a jump since i was the only person there i had to walk to someones house. Just a bad bad day.

I know i dont know everything and i may be a little blunt or rude at times but who cares? Its not like im making fun of anyone you know or have ever meet before so just stop and chill out for a second. You and jorge have like a tag team duo thing going on. Its cool, you guys dont really like me or what i say o well. Its like that last thread where jorge was flipping out for me asking that a thread be closed. In that entire thread the OP never complained about me, it was only jorge. I cant stand people that act as personal lawyers for everyone else.

There are alot of people in this thread that have had similar expirences with health teachers and the like. My teacher (like i said in an earlier post) has not been wrong on ANYTHING. She just has a very poor understanding on bodybuilders and why they would want to gain weight. Im not questioning her credentials or her knowledge at all. I just wish she'd have a more open mind.

Deeder i dont think i've EVER contridicted myself, in my whole human existance. I put alot of thought into what i have to say...

Ok im done i have to go to school. Just stay on topic here atleast (avitar???) and try not to get to worked up deeder. :hello:

-jordan

Bikkstah
03-09-2006, 06:58 AM

But it is hers, my friend. Free will and all that razamataz. Maybe offer to show her around the campus gym sometime (in a nice way).

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 09:03 AM

But it is hers, my friend. Free will and all that razamataz. Maybe offer to show her around the campus gym sometime (in a nice way).

Yes you are 100% right.

Shes already a member of a gym (or so she says). Wow im sitting in my college library typing this and shes a few feet away on another computer with some friends. I dunno she kinda annoys me with all her talk about being healthy, but at the same time i pity her lifestyle. I know i'd never ever let myself be as big as i used to be even when im older. I hated it and im sure she does to. I made excuses for years why i couldnt lose weight and she probably does the same. Just one day people have to step up and make a lifestyle change. I just dont think she'd ever actually do it.

-jordan

P.S. i apologize for the earlier rant, i've just been bickering with jorge and deeder on pretty much all my threads. I dont know what i did lol...

Eszekial
03-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Forum Warriors are a waste of time. It doesn't benefit anybody.

But on the other side of the coin,

Matthew 12:34
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

eatit
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Just one day people have to step up and make a lifestyle change.
Why? because it's unhealthy? okay then what? Nobody has to be healthy, it's a lifestyle choice, not a mandate. There's no reason to assume that you as a person are better than anyone else because you can bench more, have a lower body fat percentage or see yourself as "healthier".

Deeder i dont think i've EVER contridicted myself, in my whole human existance. I put alot of thought into what i have to say...

I really hope you aren't serious.

Davidelmo
03-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Bah, I kinda agree with you.

Most teachers are ******s. We had a nutrition class recently the guy was giving the whole "too much protein" spiel. He also slagged of creatine.

But then again we aren't the target audience so it's not worth getting worried about it.

seK
03-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes you are 100% right.

Shes already a member of a gym (or so she says). Wow im sitting in my college library typing this and shes a few feet away on another computer with some friends. I dunno she kinda annoys me with all her talk about being healthy, but at the same time i pity her lifestyle. I know i'd never ever let myself be as big as i used to be even when im older. I hated it and im sure she does to. I made excuses for years why i couldnt lose weight and she probably does the same. Just one day people have to step up and make a lifestyle change. I just dont think she'd ever actually do it.

-jordan

P.S. i apologize for the earlier rant, i've just been bickering with jorge and deeder on pretty much all my threads. I dont know what i did lol...

Have you ever offered to help? You would be amazed at how beneficial it would probably be to the both of you.

Jorge Sanchez
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Jordan, I have already said all I have to say to you in my reply to your PM, but if you honestly think that I am following your threads around you really need to get over yourself.

Built
03-09-2006, 04:31 PM
These type of classes are for the average joe, who just wants to lose weight.

Well, that's what one would think. Except it doesn't work for average joes either. I used to be an average joe trying to lose weight. That's how I fell into BB - it's the only thing that actually WORKED.

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Why? because it's unhealthy? okay then what? Nobody has to be healthy, it's a lifestyle choice, not a mandate. There's no reason to assume that you as a person are better than anyone else because you can bench more, have a lower body fat percentage or see yourself as "healthier".

I really hope you aren't serious.

Im sure she dosent enjoy being the way she is. If she loved being overweight she would not be apart of a gym.

Give me one example of anytime i have ever contradicted myself be it a quote, thread PM or whatever. You can talk the talk, but i'd like to see some proof. I see no one else bickering and acting like a child.

Wouldnt everyone agree that a lower bodyfat percentage is indeed healthier??!! I mean eatit what are you some type of coporate slob who controls candy bar production?? Next you will sit there and tell me smoking is good for your lungs! Hahaha. The way some of your (poor) arguments are though i would NOT be surprised.

Its also funny how you say the same thing over and over.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, that's what one would think. Except it doesn't work for average joes either. I used to be an average joe trying to lose weight. That's how I fell into BB - it's the only thing that actually WORKED.

Haha same with me!

Believe it or not i actually tried the "grapefruit" diet. All you eat is grapefruit till you lose enough weight!!

Kinda funny to think of all the crazy crap i've tried.

-jordan

Built
03-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Who'd'ha thunk it, hey? The meatheads knew all along!

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Who'd'ha thunk it, hey? The meatheads knew all along!

Sorry built.

That was just to great.

Sig time. (if you dont mind of course).:clap:

How the hell do you get rid of that annoying blue stretch??? lol

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Just put it in quotation marks and put - Built at the end. There's no way to get rid of that annoying "blue stretch" if you use the code tags.

ddegroff
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM

yeah most of my teachers talk about RDA's all the time, and thats all they follow. If they would just think a second outside the box they would probably except what most of us are doing.

p.s. my nutrition for sports performance teacher was talking about caffeine today and about how it can help mobilize fat for energy. The whole time i was like Built nows all her **** on here and now my one of my nutrition teachers was talking about the same thing. Props Built!

Built
03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Jordon - I'm honoured!

ddegroff - I know a couple of small things pertinent to my sport ...

ddegroff
03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
next question then is wheres the best place to get Caffeine pills?

Slim Schaedle
03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah most of my teachers talk about RDA's all the time, and thats all they follow. If they would just think a second outside the box they would probably except what most of us are doing.

p.s. my nutrition for sports performance teacher was talking about caffeine today and about how it can help mobilize fat for energy. The whole time i was like Built nows all her **** on here and now my one of my nutrition teachers was talking about the same thing. Props Built!
Not an insult towards Built in any shape or form, but I would hope a sports performance teacher would know something like this. It's pretty widely known.

Built, I still love you.

ddegroff
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
no i know there was a lot of bashing going on and this teacher is truely a good teacher. She also covers everything if she believes in it or not.

Slim Schaedle
03-09-2006, 09:52 PM
no i know there was a lot of bashing going on and this teacher is truely a good teacher. She also covers everything if she believes in it or not.
I will trade you for my 400 pound Food Science professor who told another student, "yeah, that Jeff Schaedle guy, all he drinks are those protein shakes. It's not like they are doing anything for him."

I'm going to challenge her to a pose down.

ddegroff
03-09-2006, 09:54 PM
na i'll stick with mine thanks, LOL

deeder
03-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Im sure she dosent enjoy being the way she is. If she loved being overweight she would not be apart of a gym.

Give me one example of anytime i have ever contradicted myself be it a quote, thread PM or whatever. You can talk the talk, but i'd like to see some proof. I see no one else bickering and acting like a child.

Gladly... You sure do talk the talk... (And buddy, it's walk the walk not see some proof). Who are you saying is bickering and acting like a child?

Also another thing that annoys me is my poor grip. Its not really that i cant dead lift alot its that my grip always gives out before my glutes or quads. Farmers walk should fix that right quick. Just hope it dosent take to long.

but....

I dont think i'd ever do that excersize. I think its stupid, because all you have to do is lose your balance and you could seriously hurt yourself and other people. Squat and dead lift are in one spot so its much safer. Also you can have a spotter in dead lift and squat, if you cant hold on to the weight in a farmers walk the only place that dumbbell is going is the ground.

Notice the contradiction.

BUT WAIT! There's more:

[Doing farmer-walks] you could, trip, lose your grip, fall, break multiple bones added with about 200 pounds of forged iron and your in for a great workout.

O not to mention it only works your hands?? Who the hell does that?

I could find about 20 more posts like the two above... They were all in the same thread, and all equally ignorant.

Wouldnt everyone agree that a lower bodyfat percentage is indeed healthier??!! I mean eatit what are you some type of coporate slob who controls candy bar production?? Next you will sit there and tell me smoking is good for your lungs! Hahaha. The way some of your (poor) arguments are though i would NOT be surprised.

The point he was making is that it is irrelevant what is healthier as it is her body. Perhaps she LOVES to eat... It is that which makes her happiest on this planet. Who are you to deny her her greatest pleasure because she is overweight. Also:

Palaeolithic men valued larger women. Female fat was a sign of well being, plenty and the ability to survive hard times. In the days when hunting provided a large proportion of our food having a fat wife was the equivalent of driving a Ferrari.

Fat women are great fun to have sex with too.

Finally something we agree on. Oh wait, no, I mean you. You make one point then state it 10 different ways in a thread if people question or comment on what you said.

eatit
03-09-2006, 11:43 PM
okay, last post in this thread then i'm done.

If you haven't ever contradicted yourself you're simply not learning. I find myself consistantly contradicting things i've said in the past *because i'm constantly learning and keeping my mind open*. As my knowledge expands and changes so do the positions i take on things.

Wouldnt everyone agree that a lower bodyfat percentage is indeed healthier??!!

No, it's not. It's simply not. Working within reasonable parameters 7% bodyfat is no healthier than anything in the teens (notice how I didn't say high thirties/fourties/fifties). To think that body fat is an indication of general health is short sighted and narrow minded. Think of all the high level athletes that exist that carry around a decent ammount of fat on them (no i'm not talking sumo wrestlers. Think rugby players or some boxers)

I mean eatit what are you some type of coporate slob who controls candy bar production?? Next you will sit there and tell me smoking is good for your lungs! Hahaha. The way some of your (poor) arguments are though i would NOT be surprised.

you got it! I control candy bar production in my secret plot to make america obese because i'm a chubby chaser. And more the more chubbies there are the better my chances!
(I hope that you're not implying that it's fault of the candy industry that america is obese)

Funny how you just don't seem to get it or listen.

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
okay, last post in this thread then i'm done.

If you haven't ever contradicted yourself you're simply not learning. I find myself consistantly contradicting things i've said in the past *because i'm constantly learning and keeping my mind open*. As my knowledge expands and changes so do the positions i take on things.

No, it's not. It's simply not. Working within reasonable parameters 7% bodyfat is no healthier than anything in the teens (notice how I didn't say high thirties/fourties/fifties). To think that body fat is an indication of general health is short sighted and narrow minded. Think of all the high level athletes that exist that carry around a decent ammount of fat on them (no i'm not talking sumo wrestlers. Think rugby players or some boxers)

you got it! I control candy bar production in my secret plot to make america obese because i'm a chubby chaser. And more the more chubbies there are the better my chances!
(I hope that you're not implying that it's fault of the candy industry that america is obese)

Funny how you just don't seem to get it or listen.

1) You can learn alot without contradicting yourself. I'll reply to deeders post shortly.

2)In genral though a lower bodyfat percentage is healthier then someone with a higher one. However, i would not go so far as to say jay cutler is at all healthy. Again most people dont go that low, but for the most part lower is better health wise.

3) I was joking......I hope to god you didnt take me serious on that

4) Most of the time im to busy fighting with deeder lol...

Speaking of that i have to reply to his post. Glad to see you didnt get all angry and personal (DEEDER!) *cough*

-jordan

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Gladly... You sure do talk the talk... (And buddy, it's walk the walk not see some proof). Who are you saying is bickering and acting like a child?

but....

Notice the contradiction.

BUT WAIT! There's more:

I could find about 20 more posts like the two above... They were all in the same thread, and all equally ignorant.

The point he was making is that it is irrelevant what is healthier as it is her body. Perhaps she LOVES to eat... It is that which makes her happiest on this planet. Who are you to deny her her greatest pleasure because she is overweight. Also:

Finally something we agree on. Oh wait, no, I mean you. You make one point then state it 10 different ways in a thread if people question or comment on what you said.

Ok here it goes.

Notice the word "think" (i believe its the third word in the sentence if your confused deeder). I dont think i've ever said its not stupid. I still stand that its STUPID. However, i will not deny that it helps your grip a great deal. I do them once a week and i included them in my workout. One thing i will give you though its my arrogance towards grip strength. In the past my grip was fine so i had no need for farmers walk. However, since i started doing dead lift i finally realized how important it actually is.

The reason for that whole obnoxious thread, was my observation of someone in my gym doing farmers walk totally wrong. He ended up falling and hurting himself and is why i posted like i did. I had also tried farmers walk in the past, and i thought it was a HUGE waste of time. After all; you got your, glutes, quads, pecs, triceps, biceps, etc. why would you waste your time doing farmers walk? That was my logic, and really the only reason im doing farmers walk is for the dead lifts (and thats usually why everyone does it). If i did not want to do dead lifts i'd probably still stand back and say how much a waste of time it is.

You can still do all those things i stated (as my observation of the poor guy in my gym).

Deeder, i did not contradict myself at all. I simply under-estimated the value of grip strength. This is the only thing i'll give you.

We were cleary discussing physical health. Point made.

Ok deeder the reason i constantly have to do that is because people like you. I posted this thread meaning for it to be humorous and to basically share my thoughts. You (as always) came into my thread, stated that you disagreed with me, and then kept talking about it. I know you disagree with me, and i dont care; i really dont. You can quote me over and over again and say that everything i type is "stupid" or "ignorant" but it basically makes you mad that someone else has another thought other then yours. You constantly use my threads to make personal attacks on me or anything i have to say. Its not like this is widespread either. Its just a few people with to much time on there hands with no character whatsoever. I dont know why you feel the need to defend this girl who i know MORE THEN YOU. You have no right or place to sit here and talk to me about being ignorant or stupid. Its kinda sad, actually and you just need to get a hobby or something instead of arguing all the time. Notice that i only argue once you provoke me. I dont like wasting my valuable time typing back and forth but i dont let people trash talk me. Thats just the person i am. So if you want to keep going at it then thats fine by me. Otherwise just be mature about it and leave it be.

-jordan

P.S. I know the saying.......its "you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk".

Utopianhopes
03-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Maybe one day you will realize why people go out of their way to use valuable time and energy to argue with you, instead of simply using the ignore button.

Simply put no one has the intention of putting you down; they are just trying to make you aware of errors they see in your post. Learn to handle criticism.

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Maybe one day you will realize why people go out of their way to use valuable time and energy to argue with you, instead of simply using the ignore button.

Simply put no one has the intention of putting you down; they are just trying to make you aware of errors they see in your post. Learn to handle criticism.

Like i said before theres a large difference between constructive criticism and outright obnoxious behavior. If deeder, or jorge started out by saying "i disagree with you i think this girl may be healthier then you" or something along those lines we wouldnt be in the mess we are now. Take a look at their first post made in this thread. It is a total disregard to the subject matter, and instead sidesteps the whole point to make personal attacks directed towards me. I never start out threads saying "i think jorge sucks". Why should they?

I have another -ant word in mind and it begins with ignor.

Jordan, you really do believe you are the smartest person alive don't you?

^^^ ROTFLMFAO!

I was thinking the same while reading this.

Also Jordan, I don't think you've posted any pics yet.. From your avatar you don't look like 13% bf. I'd go with a moon-faced 20 - 25% with very narrow shoulders.

Keep bashing everyone with things you only learnt a month ago on this forum... Don't worry, only about half of us notice

There was no need for either of those. They are totally off topic. Deeder starts talking about my avatar for christ sake. Then they both go on to say how they think i know nothing. However others agree with me and they do it in a polite manner.

Jordan you rock my socks :D You should walk into class one day and bench press (or squat if necessary) the fatties.

I know 2 "nutritionists" that i see on a daily basis. 1 of them was even a physical trainer for a health spa.

Both of them had no idea what a BCAA was. When asked how to cut, both said, "take 20 minute walks, dont eat after 6." I eat about 3-4 whole eggs a day... The one gal was like, "Your going to have a heart attack. There is so much cholesterol in those eggs."

I'm 19 For christ sake!

rock on brother!

-jordan

Davidelmo
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Fat women are great fun to have sex with too.

I know this wasn't directly you're quote but this couldn't be any more wrong.

In my experience they are crap and simply lie there. You need a thin, flexible girl with stamina who doesn't get out of breath and can hold different positions. Not some huge lump of lard :P :redface:

Eszekial
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM

Human nature says that this is just not the case.

Utopianhopes
03-10-2006, 01:43 PM
how they choose to say it might have not been called for, but in the end it still the same message.

Don't take anything person over the internet. Plus, Everyone knows I am right for I have the largest package in this thread.

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 02:15 PM
how they choose to say it might have not been called for, but in the end it still the same message.

Don't take anything person over the internet. Plus, Everyone knows I am right for I have the largest package in this thread.

LMAO!

See thats what im talking about.

What ever happened to everybody just sitting back and laughing it up?

Its a gorgeous day out :thumbup:

-jordan

Built can vouch for me though as i clearly have a larger "package"

Jorge Sanchez
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I know this wasn't directly you're quote but this couldn't be any more wrong.

In my experience they are crap and simply lie there. You need a thin, flexible girl with stamina who doesn't get out of breath and can hold different positions. Not some huge lump of lard :P :redface:

How old are you again? I could very well be wrong (and I appologize if I am), but I have the impression that you are very young.

I personally don't mind a girl with a bit of chunk if she has big knockers. When you get on top those things are hypnotizing.

Jordanbcool
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
How old are you again? I could very well be wrong (and I appologize if I am), but I have the impression that you are very young.

I personally don't mind a girl with a bit of chunk if she has big knockers. When you get on top those things are hypnotizing.

Eh im with him on this one. For some reason i'm attracted to small women. I just have the midset (like he does) that they can be very flexable in bed and not run out of stamina so easily.

Although "knockers" are tempting.......:drooling:

mmmm....knockers...haha

-jordan

Davidelmo
03-11-2006, 10:30 AM

19.. not too young to have some experience, lol.
Maybe "in my experience" made me sound like too much of a stud. I've been with two fat girls.

A *bit* of chunk, sure no problem ... but I thought we were talking "fat girls" who definately are not nice. :moon:

Jorge Sanchez
03-11-2006, 11:36 AM
19.. not too young to have some experience, lol.
Maybe "in my experience" made me sound like too much of a stud. I've been with two fat girls.

A *bit* of chunk, sure no problem ... but I thought we were talking "fat girls" who definately are not nice. :moon:

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you out I just thought you were 14 or something. I must have had you confused with someone else.

But yeah, FAT girls are not cool. Last weekend I went out to a club and some HYOOGE girl just walks up to me and grabs me so I ignored her and walked away. She kept following me around until I told her I was gay, and then she spent the rest of the night telling friends of the girl I was actually trying to hit up that I was gay.

Built
03-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Built can vouch for me though as i clearly have a larger "package"

It's true. He mailed it to me.

Utopianhopes
03-11-2006, 01:07 PM
It's true. He mailed it to me.

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

Built
03-11-2006, 01:08 PM
:evillaugh

Jordanbcool
03-11-2006, 02:25 PM
:evillaugh

Built you were just supposed to vouch for me ok. No need to spread my business around!!!

:bang:

Gosh the doctors said if it stayed on for more then a week, i'd be good but noooo.

Thanks alot built :(

Your all just jelous!

Hey deeder and jorge. Look at the "cafeteria" thread in this forum. They are arguing just as bad as us lol. Theres also another thread in the bodybuilding/fitness forum were people are arguing like crazy.

Must be seasonal or something lol

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Built can vouch for me though as i clearly have a larger "package"Right...

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7930/peniscat2pj.jpg

getfit
03-11-2006, 03:53 PM
thread is completely off topic now so...