PDA

View Full Version : Why do baby carrots always leave me hungry?

superhombre2k
03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I just had 6oz steak, 2 slices of whole grain bread toasted with a little butter (gotta love the fat-ass foods I get to eat on X-Factor), a glass of skim milk, and about 1/2 a bag of baby carrots. Whenever I eat them, I get what feel like hunger pangs shortly afterwards. It's not like I'm eating too little. I take in about 600 calories per meal, and most other foods leave me feeling satiated, but not baby carrots! What gives?

silentdragonx
03-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Cause it has less calories. I guess...

superhombre2k
03-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I asked my fundamentals of nutrition professor and she said it was because "they aren't very caloric" and I should be eating more than just carrots. When I explained I don't just eat carrots, but also a sizeable portion of meat, good fats, and another carb source so I'm taking in generally between 500 and 600 calories at a time, she had no answer... other than, wtf you're not fat how does that happen lol?

silentdragonx
03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
You must have a fast metabolism. Reason some skinny people never gain weight.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Reason some skinny people never gain weight.Skinny people also tend to eat less. You have to stuff your face if you want to pack on the pounds.

gator
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
this is the same way for me, for my 2nd meal after my workout I make my own chicken sandwich, and have brocolii and carrots and I feel so hungry like 45 min afterwards. I used to eat brocolli and couliflower (spelling suck) and I never felt that hunger afterwards

superhombre2k
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Baby carrots, broccoli, and cauli... yep, I'm not the only one who shops for frozen veggies hehe.

gator
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Baby carrots, broccoli, and cauli... yep, I'm not the only one who shops for frozen veggies hehe.

haha looks like we buy the same packages...i'm in college no car, I can't be buying fresh veggies every 2-3 days

superhombre2k
03-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I usually have them with my second meal... either steak or chicken breast, a 1/2 a bag to a whole bag (depending on how much I want to shovel down haha), and rice, pasta or something starchy like a sweet potato. They don't have enough calories but they are bulky and fibrous which is good for your colon.