PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to work on (visualy, pictures)

Ron Burgundy
03-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey guys I posted this link before in an almost dead thread, but I wanted to know what I can do to make myself bigger, what muscles to work out and what is lacking. (good feedback welcome:hello: )

PS- Sorry no back shots ( did it my self)

LINK - - - http://photobucket.com/albums/y158/silverace88/Work%20out/ - - - LINK

Jorge Sanchez
03-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Personally, I would cut. You look fairly large, I think a lower bf would make you look much more muscular.

deeder
03-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Can you get a few more pics of your legs up? There's only one in that batch of photos and I can't tell anything from it.

Upper body looks alright. You either need to bulk and put on some mass or cut to get some definition. I'd go with the bulk if I were you.

Ron Burgundy
03-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Well my legs arnt what im concerned with its my upperbody, and definition as listed.

smalls
03-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Everything seems to be on in proportion although it's hard to tell, you just need to bring it all up. And WTF does "definition is listed mean"?

deeder
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Everything seems to be on in proportion although it's hard to tell, you just need to bring it all up. And WTF does "definition is listed mean"?

I believe he was referring to my post where I said he might want to cut to see some definition.

To the OP:
My sincerest advice is that you DO worry about your legs. Also, if you were to continue on a clean bulk and add some more muscle it'd be easier to cut in the future. (You'd also look much better at a lower BF).

In the end it is up to you and what your goals are. :strong:

brian136
03-09-2006, 01:44 AM
hard to really tell from those pics however you look really soft.. so you can do a real clean bulk and hope to not gain any more fat.. or you can cut.. you bf looks pretty high to i would not do too much of a bulk however it doesnt look like you have alot of lbm there to cut. just my opinion

Turnip
03-09-2006, 04:01 AM
It may or may not be correct but you look like one of those "bench press only" type person, just judging by the muscle balance. Am I right?

Y0yo
03-09-2006, 04:20 AM
Goals?

I think most people will tell you to work your legs. Chicken legs on a large upper body = not good IMO. If you want to drop your bf, then hit those legs and build up some LBM where it counts.

getfit
03-09-2006, 04:25 AM
i believe, people who are not serious about training their lower body haven't gotten serious about training,sorry.

Songsangnim
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
I'm with Getfit here

If you are not concerned with how your legs look, then in all probability you are not training them hard/at all.

This will work against you in several ways:

(a) Very few people can develop a good/great upper body, if they don't work their legs. The body grows as a whole.

(b) Working your legs produces a greater hormone response than working your biceps. Over time this is likely to result in increased muscle mass all over

(c) Working your legs makes them stronger and better able to handle certain tasks and events (expected and unexpected)

(d) And finally skinny legs on an otherwise well-developed body just looks silly...to both genders.

Work your legs. Trust me, you will be glad you did.

Ron Burgundy
03-09-2006, 05:40 AM
You all are misunderstanding, I DOO work my legs, but I already know that they are big, and there is no fat on them, I dont no how or why, but they are, and also I am not one of those bench press guys, I work out my back arms shoulers abs and almost every muscle group.

What would be a good way to start clean bulking, like what to eat and what steps to take?

method115
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Search the forums for a good bulking diet real easy to find. I haven't asked to many questions on this forum cause you can find almost anything you need through the search.

Davidelmo
03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Start by reading stickies in this forum and the diet forum.

Then search for anything you need to ask - it may have been asked and answered before.

If you still don't have answers use www.fitday.com to log what you eat in a normal day Then post it in the diet forum and we'll take it from there :)

Ron Burgundy
03-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Alright thanks alot guys, this forum realy does help alot.

Sidior
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I would like to see these large, lean legs :thumbup:

BayAreaLexo
03-09-2006, 05:14 PM
LOL! Right, he said his legs are big and have no fat on them. You'd be very fun to fight. People who don't train their legs always fall to my tree trunk sized quad kicks. =] Mr. Upper Body

Ron Burgundy
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Haha, Bay are you talking real fighting or kickboxing, cause I don't usualy see people getting kicked in fights

Sidior
03-09-2006, 08:49 PM
haha what does it matter, show us the legs!!

BayAreaLexo
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Then you havent fought me. Im a boxer but in real fights I choke just as much as I throw hooks and an occasional leg kick to feel how their ground is.

Beast
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Last pic looks different than the others. In all of the first ones, it looks like your chest and back are lagging, with your arms looking good. In the last pic, it looks like you have no shoulders or arms.

Gabrielle
03-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah..have to agree with Beast

Ron Burgundy
03-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Idonno the last pic was from a while ago, and the other were very recent, like a few days ago. Yet I do work out my shoulders and back o.O camra angel shadows i donno ill try to get some more pics and even some of my legs ASAP cause you guys are so persistant lol =).

muscleup
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
What's the point of taking pictures with your shirt on when you are asking for advice on what needs improvement? Do you seriously want us to judge your arms only?
From what I can tell, you are not lean enough to show good definition, and you don't really have very much mass on your frame. You look soft. Soft isn't bad if you have some mass on you, but you don't have a lot that I can see.
You should make a decision on whether you want to gain more mass, or lean out for more definition. Depending on your goals, that's your decision to make.

Take some pics with your shirt off and flex something besides your bi/tri...
Lets see the legs...and please don't take pics of them with long pants on...

reeffish
03-10-2006, 02:42 PM
The only picture that I can really tell anything from is the close-up shot of the eye....

... and I would pluck that eyebrow and thin it out a little

PoutineEh
03-15-2006, 11:20 PM
i seem to have the same build as you ron and im going to bulk until school gets out (hard to cut on cafeteria food; easier to put weight on). im currently trying to stuff myself with food because what i thought was a lot of food actually wasnt and i havent increased a pound in about a month. id suggest you do the same as me(assuming you are in school). im going to try to cut between 10-20 pounds this summer. you're more than welcome to message me and we can encourage each other.