PDA

View Full Version : ederon from precontest to off season.

ederon
03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
hey hey, well my off season has officially ended. i had my first contest on sept 2k5. i was told by the judges that in order for me to do better in the future, i needed to put more mass on my 6'0 frame. i was 172 lbs the day of my show. During my off season i went up to 211 lbs. I knew i could go higher (still had visible abs) but i could not stomach that much food. (hopefully next year 240 lbs)

so i just wanted to put on some pics of before i worked out, to my 1st year working out, to today.(my finished off season)

i am about to start my dieting again and hope to be contest at around 180-190's

ederon
03-08-2006, 07:45 PM
and current pictures

ederon
03-08-2006, 07:47 PM
so i just wanted to keep this as a journal and keep my records year by year.

let me know what you think, what i should work on, or anything on your mind.

Bohizzle
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
you look good and on the right track! However, if i were u, i'd take more time off before ur next show and really pack on the lbs. and maybe reach that goal of 240.

Andrew

Chubrock
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Ya ought to start a journal in the online journal section....

cachee0
03-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey you look great man. You need to bring the legs up the rest will follow. Heavy squats!!!

TwiloMike
03-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I noticed the lagging legs also. Arms look great but disproportionately huge compared to other parts. Chest and legs need work, imo. More legs than chest.

Shark
03-09-2006, 09:45 AM
you look good and on the right track! However, if i were u, i'd take more time off before ur next show and really pack on the lbs. and maybe reach that goal of 240.

Andrew

Competing is good for experience but right now you're not going to really achieve anything until you add some serious mass. When there are guys who are 6'0" at 220-240 contest shape you're not going to look like much next to them.

getfit
03-09-2006, 09:55 AM
upper body looks great,legs are lagging a little though,overall you look good

ederon
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
thanks for the opinions, maybe the recent pics are being thrown off because of my gym shirt. But i feel that my chest is my best point. And as for my arms i always feel like there little angel haired noodles.. As for my legs i will post some pictures to show you some recent pictures, as i have been working very hard on them, and calves too.

leelio
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
You forgot to tan your ears!!!!

ederon
03-09-2006, 01:15 PM
You forgot to tan your ears!!!!

hahahah, thats funny you mentioned that. Like i said it was my first show, and my bro was putting on the tan stuff, and i tell you its not easy putting it on the face, which is why some people dont even bother trying, but then you look like your face has been photoshopped onto a body that isnt yours hahaha. funny stuff. i guess ill try next time to go "light" in the face area. i look like a stupid racoon. (white around the eyes)

Skinny Fat
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll agree with everybody else here - squats and deads are where it's at for you. You're reasonably large through the arms, chest, and shoulders, so the deads and squats will thicken you up. Eat until you can't stand yourself, set an alarm clock for 3 am to eat a burger, drink a shake between breakfast and your midmorning snack... whatever it takes, man. Squat until your *ss can crack walnuts.

Of course, let's just be honest here - I'd love to have your physique problems. :)

ederon
03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
ill be posting my "current leg pictures" because i know the ones i had durnig my contest day were not good at all.
So you guys think i shouldn't do a contest for, say june?
im 211 now ive never been this heavy before. i dont believe i would be the same contest weight as last years.(172) i believe i put on more muscle.
but you guys think i shouldnt bother till im at least 240 offseason?

Bohizzle
03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
when u diet for a contest, u inevitably lose some muscle, and as all of us know, it's hard to come by. Although as russow pointed out, a show is good experience whether u win or lose, i think u'd be better of for ur body's size/composition if u skipped this next show and kept bulking. hope that helps.

Andrew

Jinkies
03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
If i were you id set my goals pretty high aimin to hit 250 in the offseason and cutting down to around 225 and then build from there, you look pretty good but you know as well i as know that everyone could always be looking better. Keep working hard and bust ass in the offseason and pack on some serious mass to blow away the competition

ederon
03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
thanks for the advice i need to hear. I know i know i am trying as hard as i can. this year i came from 172 to 211. thats a 42lbs difference in one year (or from sept) and i dont believe i put on alot of BF. so the main question is now, do i remain off season for the summer?? or not? and do i bother competing or do i set it off for another year?

PS: thanks everyone for their tips/advice i really do think about what you guys say.

Bohizzle
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
if u want to do a show, why not do the same show u did this time, (in september?), that way it'll give u some more time to bulk up, and u can come back and see how u fair at the same show.

Andrew

ederon
03-10-2006, 11:09 PM
didnt think if it like that... thats a good point bohizzle im really going to have to think of that... way to ruin my friday night!!!!! think think think thats all i do .... hehe joking ofcourse. i found that some shows seem sorta...whats the word im looking for..."easier" than others, i think i has to do with the exposure of the show, i.e advertising, and also the sept show in canada is the Choice of Champions where someone gets there pro card. but i guess it doesnt really matter. i mean i should compete against the best. thanks for the pointer bohizzle i might be looking toward that.

PS: i was also told that "new comers" usually dont do as well in the more popular shows and to try doing smaller shows.

Bohizzle
03-11-2006, 10:28 AM
i'd guess it's because in the bigger shows it's guys with a lot more experience and such, and the newer guys just don't compare yet, and getting a few smaller shows under their belts helps them out. gl with whatever u choose to do.

Andrew

Vapour Trails
03-11-2006, 12:20 PM
In your contest day photo it's clear you need to add bulk to your lower body. If I ignore your arm and chest and just look at your torso and legs, it looks pretty feminine - sorry.

Your most recently photos are impressive.

Jinkies
03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Lets say you train for 2 years and then cut down you would look alot more powerfull then 2 years of diet changing etc, ur not packing on as much you could. You can compete all you want but if you really wanna take it to the next level its cost some sacrifices, if you were 5'6 youd be a badass but you gotta gain some more weight

ederon
03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
here are my "current" leg pictures

i know i am lagging in the leg department but i feel that i have improved them. and i will continue to focus my legs alot, in the future. (have to make my weak points, my best points)

PS: how do i add "bulk" to my lower body?

Jinkies
03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Powerlifting/olympic lifts are going to be your best friend for mass in my opinion. Your main legwork should be handled with squats and then afterwords do some other leg exercises like leg press and lunges etc. A good diet goes without saying