PDA

View Full Version : School Cafeteria

IrishLifter55
03-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I am still in high school and therefore must rely on the school cafeteria for lunch. As most know all they serve is crappy deep fried food or disgusting processed meat. They usually have some salads but they consist of a bunch of lettuce and cheese and a few cubes of ham. I was hoping someone would have some advice as to how to supplement my diet either before or after school that would help me cut out more of this awful food.

I know that I could pack a lunch but I don't think I can find a cooler with enough space that would fit in my locker.

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I am still in high school and therefore must rely on the school cafeteria for lunch. As most know all they serve is crappy deep fried food or disgusting processed meat. They usually have some salads but they consist of a bunch of lettuce and cheese and a few cubes of ham. I was hoping someone would have some advice as to how to supplement my diet either before or after school that would help me cut out more of this awful food.

I know that I could pack a lunch but I don't think I can find a cooler with enough space that would fit in my locker.

Really the only thing you CAN do is pack your lunch. Other then that you cannot effect the school lunch system at all. The food they serve usually is very very poor for you. They did a study on 60 minutes about it, you'd be surprised whats in the "beef" they serve.

I'd always pack a bagged lunch when i went to school. This way you could go to your locker between class periods, scarf down your mini-meal and hurry on to class. People would always see me stuffing a sandwhich down my throat in between classes lol.....But yea, your locker cant be to small. If it is you should probably clean it out (dont know if its dirty either). If its clean, and your schools just very small (lockerwise) i'd say your only option is to carry it around in your pack. If thats not allowed (my school stopped that after columbine) they you'll just have to "bite the dust" on this one. Sad to say...

-jordan

ddegroff
03-09-2006, 10:14 AM
you don't need a cooler to bring a lunch, just pack a sandwhich, or how about a shaker w/ whey, just leave it and add water when you need it. Also you could pack bags of peanuts or almonds. Its easy just think about it a bit.

Davidelmo
03-09-2006, 10:59 AM
^^ Exactly

A bag of nuts, a shaker with whey and oats in it etc dont take up much room!

whiteman90909
03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
i pack my food for the day in a paper bag, takes up no space, holds 2 sandwiches and a banana (lunch), a granola bar (snack), a bag of almonds (snack), a bottle of water, and a protein bar (post workout)

BTW- do not eat cafeteria food. i stopped and have been feeling better ever since. packed with saturated fat and other unhelathy stuff, plus its made by a bunch of poor immagrants who dont speak english, and get paid minimum wage. unclean!

whiteman90909
03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
i pack my food for the day in a paper bag, takes up no space, holds 2 sandwiches and a banana (lunch), a granola bar (snack), a bag of almonds (snack), a bottle of water, and a protein bar (post workout)

BTW- do not eat cafeteria food. i stopped and have been feeling better ever since. packed with saturated fat and other unhelathy stuff, plus its made by a bunch of poor immagrants who dont speak english, and get paid minimum wage. unclean!

Pasha
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM

yea 'whiteman' is a fitting name for u. don't be pissed that a lowly paid, illiterate , dirtyimmigrant does his job better than u do urs. besides, that unhealthy stuff is the result of the 'whiteman' greedy son of a bitch CEO running the food caterer business who saves a **** load of money on feeding America's kids trash.

HoTShoT_KiD
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
yea 'whiteman' is a fitting name for u. don't be pissed that a lowly paid, illiterate , dirtyimmigrant does his job better than u do urs. besides, that unhealthy stuff is the result of the 'whiteman' greedy son of a bitch CEO running the food caterer business who saves a **** load of money on feeding America's kids trash.

ha, i'm liking it :clap:

silentdragonx
03-09-2006, 07:08 PM
ouch pasha killed it lol.. "support immigrants cause their picking your fruits,mowing your lawn, and cooking your food" - respect the working man

Jordanbcool
03-09-2006, 07:38 PM

No need to bash people. The OP's question was answered

D Breyer
03-09-2006, 08:03 PM
i too am in high school, and they serve TERRIBLE food just as yours does. every sunday i make myself tuna sandwiches (1 can/sandwich) and throw some nuts in bags, this lasts me the week. it seems to work well for me just carrying it around in my backpack

whiteman90909
03-11-2006, 09:25 AM
alright, lets get thigs straight-
1- the food is made by a bunch of immagrants.
2- none of them speak english
3- they do get paid minimum wage
4- since they get paid minimum wage, what is their incentive to prepare the food the best they can and in the cleanest manner
5- do their jobs better than i do mine? did you see taht it says that i am 15?
6- the meals are cheap because some people cant afford a 8 dollar meal every day for lunch
7- yes, there probly is some greedy ass rich white guy running the food buisness, but what the hell does that have to do with me?
8- at what point did i insult immigrants? your the one that called them dirty.\

i think im done here

teenathlete3030
03-11-2006, 01:10 PM
for the school's lunch I used to eat whatever I felt like... now I know better. By the way, the cheapest option includes a sandwich (usually a greasy 1/4 pounder with a soggy white bun, french fries (there's grease stains in the bottom of the container, and a tiny plastic cup of fruit (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup in size, fruit is packed with juice/syrup). So now everyday I get a salad. It's shredded iceburg lettuce. I put on: chopped carrots, lots of tomatoes, small abount of cheese, maybe a crouton or two, and top it off with fat free ranch (I get enough fat from my healthy meals). I'll also get fruit, skim milk, and if they have grilled chicken patties I'll take a couple of those. (patties aren't nearly as good as whole chicken, but it's better than those crappy burgers!) I'll also get a package of poptarts in the mid-morning (10g fat, 75g carb, 6g pro?) They're a lot better than the doughnuts many other people get. Plus, the 400 calories helps me at filling my bulking diet. As soon as school's out, I go down to the locker room and eat my natty peanut butter and banana sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread. Then I hurry off to track practice. Works good for me.