PDA

View Full Version : To much cardio after training?

Coster
01-15-2002, 01:33 AM
Well tonight I got to the gym lifted for about an hour. than i went to the juice bar and had a ~350 cal berry shake with 44 grams of protien. than about 15 min later I started to play basketball for about 25 min than had a 20 min break and played for anther 45 min?

I know i did a lot of carido but will that shake help me from hitting the catabolic stage since i fed my muscles some simple carbs and protien?

I am trying to cut but i do not want to minimize the hard earned muscle mass.

was the basketball a good idea?
or should i stay with a treadmill for 20 min?
or any other sugestions you guys can make.

wmiller
01-15-2002, 09:34 AM
If you are trying to cut, by all means do cardio. It will only speed up the fat burning process. I would just try to split up cardio and lifting days. If you cant split the days up, do cardio in the morning and lift at night or vice versa.

gymtime
01-15-2002, 10:09 AM
I think from a muscle-loss perspective, 20 minutes tops, especially after a workout. After an hour of lifting, your glycogen stores were on low, so your body will start to burn everything for fuel, including muscle. Like wmiller said, if you're gonna do that much cardio, I think it's best to split it up from your lifting as much as possible.

Manipul8r
01-15-2002, 12:40 PM
When i was cutting I split my cardio from my lifting days and got much better results.. Do an hour of cardio/day on non resistance training days..