PDA

View Full Version : Cheating One Day Per Week W/ Beer & Fried Chicken While Cutting?

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Friday night beer & fried chicken... One time per week, drunken chicken eating. Can I still accomplish my goals if I add a couple thousand calories every week???

ArchAngel777
03-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Friday night beer & fried chicken... One time per week, drunken chicken eating. Can I still accomplish my goals if I add a couple thousand calories every week???

I doubt it.

The13ig13adWolf
03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
depends on your goals. is it truly an entire cheat day or is it that one meal every Friday night?

The13ig13adWolf
03-10-2006, 03:13 PM
"a couple thousand"...that's a lotta wings and beer.

Built
03-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Try it - if you CAN get away with this, you should.

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
lots of beer and food from 9:00pm until passing out... good diet all day till then.

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:24 PM
since ive started cutting about 1.5 months ago. ive had a perfect diet through the week and basically drank beer and ate ****ty all weekend. doing that ive kept all my strength and lost about 3.5 pounds.

but i would rather eat good and lift through most of the weekend and only get ****ty on the diet friday night after work. i work over 50 hours per week (in a gym selling memberships... stressful, whine, cry, bitch) and beer & chicken is great on friday nights... or any night for that matter. but i think i can keep it to one night per week.

or is this pointless??? should i just be a man and eat good and only cheat one time every 14th sunday??

The13ig13adWolf
03-10-2006, 03:25 PM
i vote go for it.

getfit
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
lots of beer and food from 9:00pm until passing out... good diet all day till then.
wow, until passing out,i'd say give it a go and see you have nothing to loose right?

Roark
03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
i cut 30+ lbs last year w/ a massive cheat day every saturday

i'm talking mcgriddles, cheeseburgers, spaghetti & meatballs, bagels, errrrything

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
not passing out from drunkness (not always anyway) just going to bed.

usually ill drink 10+ beers and eat 6-10 chicken tenders...

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
i cut 30+ lbs last year w/ a massive cheat day every saturday

i'm talking mcgriddles, cheeseburgers, spaghetti & meatballs, bagels, errrrything

lol

getfit
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
not passing out from drunkness (not always anyway) just going to bed.

usually ill drink 10+ beers and eat 6-10 chicken tenders...
10+ beers,whoa i'd be in bed for a week :p

ArchAngel777
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Not my place to tell you what to do, but I think you know it isn't healthy to get downing that much beer once a week. Actually, I don't think it is healthy ever.

If you are in this to get lean, you may succeed still. If you are in this for your health, your getting an F+ in my book :D

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
sheeiiit.... i can throw back 20+ on a good night. usually i get tired first... beer is like water to me. that's probably not a good thing.

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Not my place to tell you what to do, but I think you know it isn't healthy to get downing that much beer once a week. Actually, I don't think it is healthy ever.

If you are in this to get lean, you may succeed still. If you are in this for your health, your getting an F+ in my book :D

10 beers in one night is that bad for your health??

if that's the case i know some reaaaallly unhealthy people.

including me

getfit
03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
10 beers in one night is that bad for your health??

if that's the case i know some reaaaallly unhealthy people.

including me
i would say ummm, yeah! i have like 10 beers in a year

Manveet
03-10-2006, 03:54 PM

If you're total calories are less than maintainence, yup.

Too bad Vido was banned, he's pretty much perfected this type of diet:D

Mic Soloist
03-10-2006, 04:27 PM
i would say ummm, yeah! i have like 10 beers in a year

that's cool. but lots of people drink on a regular basis... it'd be different if i said i took 10 shots of whisky every weekend... but beer?

Holto
03-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Keep the chicken and drink liqour with diet ______ .

brian136
03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
that's cool. but lots of people drink on a regular basis... it'd be different if i said i took 10 shots of whisky every weekend... but beer?

thats true but i doubt these people are ripped.. bottome line is you can still cut and do this.. will you be shredded up doing this? no probably never. but will you be able to sit around 10-12 bf probably.. but realize that your making it harder on yourself. aslo different people have different goals.. i dont go too much past 14% on a bulk.. some people like to cut to that.. jsut depends on what you want

my official vote is no.. why make it harder on yourself.. just be disciplined

Built
03-11-2006, 12:06 AM

What's the difference? I'd think you'd be better off with the whisky - fewer calories.

daftgem
03-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Forgive me if this is off topic.

Mic... this thread cracks me up. Not because I think its funny but because you sound just like me. This is my ideal Friday night meal too.

I have been lurking around the forums for a few years and know your story with anxiety. Your experiences mirror mine as well. Especially with bad hangovers inducing anxiety. Im 20, I think you may a year or two older. If your like me you want to kick your ass for all the herb and shrooms back in the day.

Id be interested to talk some time about how you have over come your anx. I picked mine up when I was 17, and still have to deal with it.. but mostly its all good :D

Any ways, sorry for the rant.

And to every one wondering why he wants to drink beer and not Whiskey I can only say that beer is great. I know I cant sit down and enjoy throwing back JD. But a case and a some friends.. now that is ideal.

brickt.
03-11-2006, 01:03 AM
What's the difference? I'd think you'd be better off with the whisky - fewer calories.

Yeah, I'd choose liquor over beer, but personally, **** alcohol.

Also, Mic, maybe you could check out Lyle's Flexible Dieting Book? It's exactly what you described, but designed for guaranteed success.

hoser813
03-11-2006, 02:30 AM
well, im in college, and i love partying just as much as i do lifting. I drink probably two days out of the week, and when im durnk, i end up eating some fast food. I am still seeing tremendous gains and only a little bit of fat gain. Sure I am gaining more fat than if it was a cleaner bulk, but my strength and size are still increasing more than i could hope.

superhombre2k
03-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Mmm... refeed!

Almost every Wednesday and Sunday, I go to a local bar and eat a dozen hot wings and a basket of sweet potato fries. Most of the time I get diet soda because HFCS is evil, but on occasion I'll get a couple pints of Guinness! Mmm... vitamin B!

Shao-LiN
03-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Call me crazy, but I swear you've started other threads about dieting and drinking before.