PDA

View Full Version : PT course in Florida?

Rock
03-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Is it possible for me as a Norwegian to study PT in Florida for a year? like a good course that really makes me qualified as a PT.

Patz
03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
And already, he's got the itch to get back here..lol

Canadian Crippler
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
The qualifications to study to become a PT, and become a PT are so damn low I don't see why not.

Joe Black
03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
As far as I am aware, Norwegian's are not allowed to study in Florida.

Something about them being to tall and likely to hit on women.

getfit
03-11-2006, 11:36 AM

LMAO! hehe! :D

Rock
03-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Patrick, Ive only been back a week, still Ive been made an ass out of by girls..I hate this country, its like living in the god damn sovjetunion and I am not a communist and I will never be.

Has anybody taken like an advanced PT course? I would be glad for all help

d'Anconia
03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Take a look at ACE and NASM and ASCE, those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Find one that looks difficult enough for what you want.

waynis
03-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Take NASM and do some of their workshops. They are serious about exercise. The test is no joke either. It increasingly becomes harder every year. Personal training is going in a much different direction. I'm thinking every year that goes by qualifications are going to become increasingly harder and getting a job is going to require a serious certification or schooling. Personal training probably will never get the recongnition it deserves though.

galileo
03-11-2006, 08:28 PM
We want you back in our country soon Rock. Make it happen!

Rock
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM
hehe thanks for the support Xian :)

Waynis, I am looking into it :)

Teh BDK
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
You love America way too much not to be here. If they ever ask you what your business here is, just say "America #1! Hot dog, hot dog!' and eventually they'll give you a green card.

PT...its really not a big deal getting a PT license. Its just money. Hell, I'm sure there are places that look really nice and official that are just vending machines for PT licenses.

But a good one will take time to find.

Built
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM

ROFLMFAO!

Why is it that I thought "Monty Python" skit when I read this ...

d'Anconia
03-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah I have this feeling Rock is going to sexually harass his clients. Trying to touch their boobies and whatnot.

OptimumGrowth
03-12-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm majoring in sports med. and i'm taking my health & fitness studies rite now before i transfer to a 4 year.. it's thro ACE pretty fun classes I think I have to complete like six courses then I'll be certified thro ACE, but NASM is def. awesome. I wish our college would go thro NASM instead of ACE, but it is what it is..

Holto
03-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Trying to touch their boobies and whatnot.

I think you mean support their backs through the full range of motion.

PowerManDL
03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Stein I'd just look to a basic certification. That's pretty much all gyms want.

And if you're looking for something in this area, I can definitely give you a lot of connections as far as clients. Somebody built like you are would have no trouble picking them up in this area.

Holto
03-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Somebody built like you are would have no trouble picking them up in this area.

This seems to be the key to being a succesfull trainer. Actual knowledge is merely a bonus.

d'Anconia
03-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I think you mean support their backs through the full range of motion.

LOL, well if there's someone with enough will power to pull that off, it'd be Rock.

Rock
03-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks Matt, we will talk on msn :)

FighterInSnatch
03-12-2006, 04:57 PM
SWEET! Rocks coming to Florida. I live in Panama City Beach, Florida.