PDA

View Full Version : Full results from the Arnold WPO PL meet

drew
03-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Care of www.southcarolinabarbell.com

Day 1 (http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/RESULTS030306.pdf)
Day 2 (http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/RESULTS030406.pdf)

f=ma
03-11-2006, 01:50 PM
wow, becca swanson must be a really scary woman

and according to google images, i was right.. shes jacked

Rrolack
03-11-2006, 05:47 PM
What kind of ROM do you think Jeff Lewis has on the bench? See this pic of him benching:

http://www.usaplnationals.com/jeff639.jpg

That is one big dude.

Goodwinm
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Is this totally wrong or am i missing something??

those results tables are either knackered or Becca Swanson is the strongest woman on the planet lol.
It says she can sqaut 365kg (803lbs), bench 217kg (477lbs) and dealift 272kg (598lbs)

edit* w00t she is pumped lol. my mistake.

ThatSkinnyGuy
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok, since I'm entirely ignorant - is it possible for a female to get that big without a little anabolic assistance? Wow, those are some manly forearms...

biggimp
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
no. becca swanson uses steroids, but that doesnt take away from how amazing she is.

so andy bolton blew the old world record up and deadlifted 970lbs huh. that is just rediculous.

Goodwinm
03-13-2006, 01:09 AM
no. becca swanson uses steroids, but that doesnt take away from how amazing she is.

so andy bolton blew the old world record up and deadlifted 970lbs huh. that is just rediculous.
unberlieveble!!! lol.
971lb deadlift to be presice hehe.
that weight is just phenominal. The bar just totally looked like it would snap in half lol.

f=ma
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM
yeah becca swanson is mammoth.. her training partner ali huston is incredibly hot though.

Guido
03-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Actually, Becca has benched over 500lbs and deadlifted over 600. She is also the first and only woman to ever hit over a 2,000 total (2,050).

Guido
03-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Yep. It's called "Big Iron Gym" or something like that. I've seen pics and it looks pretty nice.

Sensei
03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Some of you guys are being tremendous a-holes. Becca Swanson is amazing. She's a nice person too. I went to a meet she ran and she did everything she could to make sure the lifters were having the best meet possible.

Sensei
03-14-2006, 02:48 PM
no-one has the right to have an opinion about becca swanson's (or anyones for that matter) personality unless they have met her (like you have). But some members of this board obviousley dislike a "butch women". Im sure she is very nice, and im sure she is very proud of herself for being such an outstanding strength athlete, but for me it is a turn off to see a woman with very big muscles. Im not saying she's a horrible person because of it. its just something that makes me cringe a little.
I'm not a moderator, so I guess it doesn't really matter what my opinion is, but this is a POWERLIFTING forum, not general chat...

IMHO, whether someone is "hot or not" really has little to do with anything. I don't see a lot of posts about guy powerlifters that shift in that direction... When's the last time you heard someone say "Scot Mendelson is a strong SOB, but he's not my type."? You don't.

and dont say (then why did u look at the photos then)
my two cents.??? I didn't check any of the links in the thread, so I really don't get your point. I was just hoping to hear some tidbits that people who attended might be able to give us.

drew
03-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I would venture to say that Becca has a higher total than anyone on this forum (except Phil Harrington). Have some respect for another person's hard work.