PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys don't laugh...

toubabokoomi
03-12-2006, 08:53 AM
This is me now. I know I need to work on EVERYTHING. I've only been lifting for a week so far.

I feel really self conscious about posting these, but hey everyone starts somewhere right?

BostonBull
03-12-2006, 09:13 AM
What are your goals? To just stay the size your at and get cut? Or gain some mass and then cut back down to a certain weight?

leelio
03-12-2006, 09:16 AM
thats a decent base, nothing to worry about.. Thats probably the perfect starting point for a normal guy

GOod luck with your muscley endeavours

toubabokoomi
03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
What are your goals? To just stay the size your at and get cut? Or gain some mass and then cut back down to a certain weight?

My goals are to gain some weight, gain some muscle, and get cut. I'm not looking to get HUGE, but a decent size to where I'm not so darn skinny.

getfit
03-12-2006, 09:39 AM
if you're doing everything correctly diet, training, it will all fall into place.Good luck :)

toubabokoomi
03-12-2006, 10:13 AM
So far, I've stopped drinking all sodas and caffinated teas. I've quit the fast food burger joints.

Ive started eating alot of tuna and penut butter. Eating 4 times a day. If I do snack, it's usually on veggies or fruits.

Gutz981
03-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Good start. Now Eat alot. Lift heavy. and read up. And like getfit said Everything will fall into place.

Don't get frusterated, it takes time. Nothing in life that is worth something comes easily or quickly.

ederon
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
this my own opinion. but i dont believe that you have to stop eating "fast food burger joints" you look like you have a fast metabolism, so i really wouldn't worry to much about cutting back on the beef. Beef gets you strong, and helps witht the gains. I found chicken to be ok when your dieting, (ie. cutting). but steak is where its at. Good luck and have fun!

drew
03-12-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree with ederon. Burger joints are key! (Just don't get the fries)

toubabokoomi
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
this my own opinion. but i dont believe that you have to stop eating "fast food burger joints" you look like you have a fast metabolism, so i really wouldn't worry to much about cutting back on the beef. Beef gets you strong, and helps witht the gains. I found chicken to be ok when your dieting, (ie. cutting). but steak is where its at. Good luck and have fun!

Yep, my metabolism is RIDICULOUSLY high. I can down a large stuff crust gold pizza from Pizza Hut in one sitting and not gain any weight. When I turned into a veg, I lost alot of weight, so I'm trying to gain it back. Obviously being vegan for 1/2 a year didn't do me very good while I was running and lifting. I honestly didn't know too much and did way too much cardio (3 miles a day, 5 days a week) to gain any mass.

Now that I know what's the deal, I can hopefully see results in a decent amount of time.

I don't mind fast food, it's just that most places make me feel lik garbage afterwards (ESPECIALLY Mc Donald's). I'd rather cook a burger myself instead of paying $6 for some grade F meat at a joint.

drew
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Dude, you became a vegan? I have one question...

Was she that hot?

getfit
03-12-2006, 11:17 AM
what was your diet like as a vegan?

toubabokoomi
03-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Dude, you became a vegan? I have one question...

Was she that hot?

Bwahahah ROFLROFLROFL!!!1111

Very funny. :D

I did it to try it out, not for a girl.

what was your diet like as a vegan?

Lots of veggies
Tons of fruits
Lots of noodles/spaghetti etc..
A good amount of tofu
Lots of fake soy products (sorizo, vegan burger patties, fake chicken, tofurkey)

I stopped because it was way too expensive, and the store that sold most vegan products was clear across town.

Davidelmo
03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I can down a large stuff crust gold pizza from Pizza Hut in one sitting and not gain any weight.

That's your problem.

I used to THINK I ate loads but one pizza will not make you gain weight. I realised this and so far I've put on almost 40lbs!

www.fitday.com and track what you eat. If you're not gaining weight, you'renot eating enough.

You'll be suprised that you're not eating as much as you think.. I guarantee it!

FighterInSnatch
03-12-2006, 04:53 PM
1) Get yourself some creatine.
2) Eat tons of carbs.
3) Drink at least 1 1/2 gallons of water a day.
4) Lift as heavy as you can till you fail.

Do it. Good luck.

Ryan

Gabrielle
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
also, throw out cardio and remember to plan your workout routine focusing on the big 3 bench, squats and deads. Stick to the basics, and good luck

Skinny Fat
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
1) Track calories on FitDay.
2) Lift heavy & regular.
3) See a doctor about the giant StrongBad-esque head you've got there.

toubabokoomi
03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
1) Track calories on FitDay.
2) Lift heavy & regular.
3) See a doctor about the giant StrongBad-esque head you've got there.

The strongbad head is something I can not help. :p

elzz
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I was skinny like that, still am.. but things are definitly improving.

The girls dont say im skinny anymore, they say im fit. A little muscle tone goes a long way with chicks. They dont know whats what..
I try to eat as much as i can, but its never enough. If I get lazy and skip a couple meals, or just dont feel like eating, i lose a couple pounds.

So eat eat eat. Make a workout schedule, and stick to it. 3-4 workouts each week, you will see gains in no time.