PDA

View Full Version : Macrobolic Nutrition

JSully
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
anybody read this? I'm reading it now, it's a good read so far.

Anybody tried it?

JSully
03-14-2006, 05:17 PM
apprently not

Sidior
03-15-2006, 03:24 AM
is it a book?

HILL
03-15-2006, 05:24 AM
LOL jake a little more detail were are you reading it?? how about a rough example

JSully
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
I didn't think I had to go out on a limb.

Yes it's a book. I was just asking if anybody had read it, and tried the diet.

Thunderstorm
03-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Funny you mention this. Last September, I was at a pre race pasta dinner with a friend of mine for the Charleston (WV) Distance Run 15 miler and Phil Pfister was there. Strange that he was at a running event, but he's from this area and had some macrobolic freebies. I brought them home and the wife put them up without telling me and I forgot all about them.

A week or so ago, I came across a sample of Up The Mass, Take Off and a MRP. I also had a nutshell book version of the Macrobolic book. The samples I was given was Cinnabun and I thought, "Yeah, this is going to do my taste buds a favor. I decided to give the MRP a try and I was very, very surprised. It was extremely tasty and I could tell right away it was quality. The Mass protein was just as tasty. I then read the smaller book Phil gave me and I must say, it is a very interesting read. I've been following it now for 2 weeks. I'm not really following the workouts, maybe to a small degree, but I am following the nutrition they set out.

I haven't bought any of their product yet because I have some of my Optimum Whey and MRP left. I've been adding some Gatorade to it to increase the carb ratio. (Believe it or not, lemon-lime Gatorade mixed with Chocolate protein ain't that bad.). But, when this runs out, which will be in about a week or so, I'm going to pick some of that up.

By the way, if you decide to give it a try, you can find it a lot cheaper at places on the web other than their web site.

Thanks for this thread. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it. What's your take on it?

Thunderstorm
03-19-2006, 12:55 PM
LOL jake a little more detail were are you reading it?? how about a rough example

You can get a good idea of what it's about at www.macrobolic.com

Built
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, it's yet another macronutrient ratio scheme.

Yeah.

ddegroff
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
it was created for the hardcore, serious bodybuilder/athlete who’s looking to pack on lean muscle mass, increase strength, and improve performance… all while shedding body fat.

God I love statements like these. You see everywhere. What bodybuilder doesn't want to pack on lean mass and shred bf @ the same time. Last time i checked thats not possible.

but wait its gets better...

It’s based on a 45/35/20 ratio of Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats. This revolutionary diet ratio is labeled “The Lean Mass Equation”

that looks a lot like the RDA for CHO, PRO, FATs for the average joe (CHO's listed there are on the low end, PRO is on the high end).

In all seriousness your better following our formula around here than that.

jazer80
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
i liked the book. some stuff (like teh cast in stone macro ratios) i didn't like as much, but i thought it was definitely worth reading. i have the larger one, but it was still like 5 bucks, and it has charts with glycemic ratings, and protein/amino breakdowns of lots of foods.

their products are pretty good, i don't like that they use soy in most (all?) of them. they use supro soy, but i guess i was never thoroughly convinced that soy was fine, adn don't see much reason (except to save $) to use soy over whey, but who knows.

their weight gainers are good, as they are one of the few ones that is truly low(er) glycemic (still high glycemic load, but they don't use a ton of sugar, or malto). their trac extreme product made me sick, though i was using ephedra with it so i dunno how much you wanna read into that.

then, they make funnier products like secretagogue one adn gold, which i can't say i've looked into much, but i don't take products that claim to boost gh seriously