PDA

View Full Version : Cut like that statue (built)

Jordanbcool
03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
So, ran out of weight gainer last week:( Im not going to bother getting some more because i was planning on starting my cut soon anyways. I guess i'll just have to start it a week earlier then planned. This post is directed towards built because she helped me out alot with cleaning up my last cutting routine, and i'd like to show her what i did to tweak the new one. As always other comments are welcomed.

Monday
7:00- Wake up
7:10- First meal and flaxseed pill (1g)

10:00- Second meal and flaxseed pill (1g)

12:00- Workout (upper body)

1:00- Protein shake and flaxseed pill (1g)

4:00- Third meal and flaxseed pill (1g)

7:00- Last meal and flaxseed pill (1g)

10:00- Bed and flaxseed pill (1g)

Tuesday
6:00- Wake up
6:10- 3 mile jog at 6 MPH pace (about 30 minutes)

Wensday

12:00- Workout (lower body)

Thursday
6:10- HIIT for 20 minutes

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Now built would i be working my lower body to much? In reality with my HIIT training i'd be working my lower body 5 times a week. Or is that just me?

Macro breakdownage.
45-50% Protein
25-30% Carbs
20-30% Fat

These are rough estimates, and i havent finished exactly what im going to eat when i start my cut. Right now i'm neither bulking nor cutting. I'm trying to see exactly how many maintanence cals. i use. This week im starting out at 3300 (i know its around 3000 so thats a good place to start). I was planning on eating somewhere around 2500 cals. on my cut. Would it be a good idea to eat 600 before and after my workouts? Mostly consisting of carbs beforehand and protein after. The rest of my day would be around 450 calories each meal. Is this flawed in any way built? I took your advice about replacing the orange juice with nuts (or if that was someone else i cant remember). Thats all i can think about at the moment. Thanks for everyones time i know this is long.

-jordan

O yea one more thing. Im 190.5 right now at 14-15% bodyfat. I'd like to get down to 10% by summer. Thats about 8 pounds right?

Built
03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
So, ran out of weight gainer last week:( Im not going to bother getting some more because i was planning on starting my cut soon anyways. I guess i'll just have to start it a week earlier then planned. This post is directed towards built because she helped me out alot with cleaning up my last cutting routine, and i'd like to show her what i did to tweak the new one. As always other comments are welcomed.

Monday

Tuesday
6:10- 3 mile jog at 6 MPH pace (about 30 minutes)

Wensday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Now built would i be working my lower body to much? In reality with my HIIT training i'd be working my lower body 5 times a week. Or is that just me?

Macro breakdownage.
45-50% Protein
25-30% Carbs
20-30% Fat

These are rough estimates, and i havent finished exactly what im going to eat when i start my cut. Right now i'm neither bulking nor cutting. I'm trying to see exactly how many maintanence cals. i use. This week im starting out at 3300 (i know its around 3000 so thats a good place to start). I was planning on eating somewhere around 2500 cals. on my cut. Would it be a good idea to eat 600 before and after my workouts? Mostly consisting of carbs beforehand and protein after. The rest of my day would be around 450 calories each meal. Is this flawed in any way built? I took your advice about replacing the orange juice with nuts (or if that was someone else i cant remember). Thats all i can think about at the moment. Thanks for everyones time i know this is long.

-jordan

O yea one more thing. Im 190.5 right now at 14-15% bodyfat. I'd like to get down to 10% by summer. Thats about 8 pounds right?

If we assume you're at 15% bodyfat now, you'll need to drop 10 lbs. Shoot for that for the time being.

If I might make a few small suggestions …

AM cardio: have some protein and fat first - no need to be entirely fasted. Take E+C for this if you like (or at least C). No need to jog hard - when I do these, I do a fast walk. It's fine.

If you can stand it, sub fish oil for flax oil - your body won't have to do the conversion like it will for flax.

Don't start with this much cardio. Ramp it up.

A nice way to start is a 12-20 minute SS cardio session after workouts - this will burn off FFAs mobilized by the intense activity. Add in a few mornings of SS AM cardio as your cut progresses and you cannot bear to drop cals further. Start high, and you'll have nowhere left to go.

AM empty HIIT is a BAD IDEA. Feed HIIT like a lifting workout. Start with once a week.

Get away from a "ratio" approach. And you may wish to carb cycle.

On your assumed maint cals (3300), with your workout schedule(4 days a week of lifting, one HIIT) and LBM, I'd suggest the following:

LBM = 161.5 lbs.
Maintenance calories: 3300 per day.
A caloric deficit of 4620 calories per week,
for a loss of of 1.32 pounds per week

Average daily macros:
295g of protein,
92g of fat, and
157g of carbohydrate,
2,640 calories in total.

(5) Lifting/HIIT days:
323g of protein,
81g of fat, and
184g of carbohydrate,
2,753 calories in total.

(2) Rest/SS Cardio days:
226g of protein,
121g of fat, and
91g of carbohydrate,
2,357 calories in total.

This averages out to about 45% of cals from protein, 30 from fat and 25 from carb, if this matters to you, and gives you higher carbs on your lifting/hiit days. I target starchy carbs to the meal before and after lifting or HIIT. Post workout meal - keep it as low fat as you can. The others don't matter as much.

On a cut, I'm hungry after I lift, so I underfeed myself before I train so I can overfeed myself after.

YMMV.

Good luck!

brickt.
03-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Without reading B's reply (I'm sure she's covered all the necessary parts):

IMHO:

No need for fasted cardio at all, I really doubt it has that much difference.

However, if you wish to do fasted cardio, make it a brisk walk for about 30 mins - DON'T JOG. Jogging will ike induce quite a bit of catabolism.

You are also doing too much cardio to start off with. Try maybe once a week for the time being.

Jordanbcool
03-14-2006, 07:18 PM
If we assume you're at 15% bodyfat now, you'll need to drop 10 lbs. Shoot for that for the time being.

If I might make a few small suggestions …

AM cardio: have some protein and fat first - no need to be entirely fasted. Take E+C for this if you like (or at least C). No need to jog hard - when I do these, I do a fast walk. It's fine.

If you can stand it, sub fish oil for flax oil - your body won't have to do the conversion like it will for flax.

Don't start with this much cardio. Ramp it up.

A nice way to start is a 12-20 minute SS cardio session after workouts - this will burn off FFAs mobilized by the intense activity. Add in a few mornings of SS AM cardio as your cut progresses and you cannot bear to drop cals further. Start high, and you'll have nowhere left to go.

AM empty HIIT is a BAD IDEA. Feed HIIT like a lifting workout. Start with once a week.

Get away from a "ratio" approach. And you may wish to carb cycle.

On your assumed maint cals (3300), with your workout schedule(4 days a week of lifting, one HIIT) and LBM, I'd suggest the following:

LBM = 161.5 lbs.
Maintenance calories: 3300 per day.
A caloric deficit of 4620 calories per week,
for a loss of of 1.32 pounds per week

Average daily macros:
295g of protein,
92g of fat, and
157g of carbohydrate,
2,640 calories in total.

(5) Lifting/HIIT days:
323g of protein,
81g of fat, and
184g of carbohydrate,
2,753 calories in total.

(2) Rest/SS Cardio days:
226g of protein,
121g of fat, and
91g of carbohydrate,
2,357 calories in total.

This averages out to about 45% of cals from protein, 30 from fat and 25 from carb, if this matters to you, and gives you higher carbs on your lifting/hiit days. I target starchy carbs to the meal before and after lifting or HIIT. Post workout meal - keep it as low fat as you can. The others don't matter as much.

On a cut, I'm hungry after I lift, so I underfeed myself before I train so I can overfeed myself after.

YMMV.

Good luck!

Fantastic post! Thanks alot:thumbup:

I agree with you about saving some room after my workout. I can eat a horse after a long session of squats and deads! I just want to make sure i have sufficent energy to workout hard (as my workouts will still be intense and last an hour).

The reason i had HIIT first thing in the morning is because some people have told me to do that to increase fat mobilization. I wasent sure if this worked with both AM cardio and HIIT. Speaking of that my only real question is what is SS?

Thanks for the explination with macros, but should i still do that 600/600/450/450/450 caloric wise? I'll apply this to HIIT days but i'll probably shift my cals. to a 500 even on that jog/rest day.

O yea, haha the reason i had flaxseed was cus it was on sale at the vitamin world i go to.

-jordan

P.S. Remember that one post about my arms? Well it seems for some reason they have grown HUGE in the past week. I didnt notice it till my dad said something this morning.

Built
03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Fantastic post! Thanks alot:thumbup:

I agree with you about saving some room after my workout. I can eat a horse after a long session of squats and deads! I just want to make sure i have sufficent energy to workout hard (as my workouts will still be intense and last an hour).

Have one good meal (protein, carb and a little fat) before you lift, and the rest of your meals after. I could NOT diet until I figured this strategy out.

The reason i had HIIT first thing in the morning is because some people have told me to do that to increase fat mobilization. I wasent sure if this worked with both AM cardio and HIIT. Speaking of that my only real question is what is SS?
There are protocols for stubborn fat. Leave them alone until the bitter end.

SS = steady state. IE low intensity - fast incline walking…

Thanks for the explination with macros, but should i still do that 600/600/450/450/450 caloric wise? I'll apply this to HIIT days but i'll probably shift my cals. to a 500 even on that jog/rest day.
I really don't pay much attention to the individual sizes of the meals. Time your macronutrients, and manage your hunger. I pre-pack my days on a cut - I grab what I want when I want it, and when it's gone, it's gone. No thinking.

[

O yea, haha the reason i had flaxseed was cus it was on sale at the vitamin world i go to.
Finish it, but replace it with fish oil for the next bottle.

-jordan

P.S. Remember that one post about my arms? Well it seems for some reason they have grown HUGE in the past week. I didnt notice it till my dad said something this morning.

Awesome!

Measure 'em - see where they are. :)

Jordanbcool
03-14-2006, 07:35 PM
hey built look at my current diet on fitday. Its only two days in (march 13-14), but i just want to see your thoughts. Im eating a ton of carbs.

-jordan

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

Built
03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
First off, you need to make the journal "public", second - what is this going to be, your maintenance calories? Do you want me to give you a mix that's higher in carbs?

Jordanbcool
03-14-2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

Sorry.

I dunno nothing in particular i just wanted to see what you think about it. These are what im eating now in my "maintanence" phase. 3300 is what im trying to hit everyday.

-jordan

brickt.
03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
IMHO:

400+ carbs on a cut? :rolleyes:

Lower those carbs by 150.
Up protein at least 50.
Make up the rest in more fats.

Jordanbcool
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
IMHO:

400+ carbs on a cut? :rolleyes:

Lower those carbs by 150.
Up protein at least 50.
Make up the rest in more fats.

I know its crazy isnt it? lol. I wasent planning on using this on my cut, its just what im doing now. Everywhere i turn in my house its some form of carbs (bread, pasta, etc.). Milk is a staple in my diet, although i do drink alot of water i just dont record it. I just need to up the protein. Maybe buy some chicken/lean beef on my own.

-jordan

brickt.
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't believe you to be one that is fine with super high carbs, so it isn't crazy.. it's kinda stupid..

Built
03-14-2006, 10:39 PM
On a cut, with reduced calories, you'll likely find a higher carb approach makes you hungrier.

If it doesn't, no worries.

I do NOT do "hungry" very well. Just ask my husband.

Brickt - I like your suggestion.

Jordanbcool
03-15-2006, 06:18 AM
On a cut, with reduced calories, you'll likely find a higher carb approach makes you hungrier.

If it doesn't, no worries.

I do NOT do "hungry" very well. Just ask my husband.

Brickt - I like your suggestion.

Ok so up the fats and protein. Got it. I need to look at some other fitdays for some food ideas. That one kid that asked everyone to look at his fitday looked suburb, i'll take a look at that to start. Thanks for the help.

-jordan

ddegroff
03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I really don't pay much attention to the individual sizes of the meals. Time your macronutrients, and manage your hunger. I pre-pack my days on a cut - I grab what I want when I want it, and when it's gone, it's gone. No thinking.

I do the same thing. My fitday is usually full before 10am. I put everything i want to eat, need to eat and so on in there before so I can see what portions I can eat. Then I pack my stuff for class, pack it for work and fill in the rest. I find it easier than eating a meal then putting it in fitday and so on. It probably works out to be 6-8 "meals" perday. This also allows me to feel more full longer. This technique has really made this cut much eaiser to stay with than before. GOOD LUCK!

Jordanbcool
03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
I do the same thing. My fitday is usually full before 10am. I put everything i want to eat, need to eat and so on in there before so I can see what portions I can eat. Then I pack my stuff for class, pack it for work and fill in the rest. I find it easier than eating a meal then putting it in fitday and so on. It probably works out to be 6-8 "meals" perday. This also allows me to feel more full longer. This technique has really made this cut much eaiser to stay with than before. GOOD LUCK!

Sounds like a good idea. Once i get my diet situated im going to do that. I hate having to fill in everything i eat 6 times a day.

-jordan

P.S. Im procrastinating so much. I really really need to do my college work. Im behind in two of my classes :offtopic: