PDA

View Full Version : Russian WeightGain

Gutz981
03-15-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.allegromedical.com/dietary_supplements/weight_gainers/vitol/russian_bear_5000_weight_gainer_ice_cream_chocolate.P196663

I need some opinions. What do you all think? Sounds almost too good to be true. Anyone heard anything about this product?

Hamsquire
03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a bunch of hype. First, 292 grams of protein is far too much to digest in one serving. Second, the description claims that " Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer is the only weight gain formula to contain zero fat content", yet then claims to have 46 grams of MCTs. Last I checked, MCTs qualified as fat. Anyway, if you don't want to get fat, then don't go consuming 391 grams of carbs (half sugar, probably) per serving. Finally, I wouldn't put much stock in so-called "Soviet secrets". If you've ever driven in a Lada, then you wouldn't either.

Sul Train
03-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed in the nutrition facts but...

Serving Size 5 Scoops
Servings Per Container 1

You must have to use a shovel to scoop this stuff out. :omg:

offhegoes03
03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
it's easier and cheaper to make your own weightgainer. There's tons of posts on this board about different shake recipes that can contain 1000-2000 calories per shake.

Slim Schaedle
03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a bunch of hype. First, 292 grams of protein is far too much to digest in one serving.

How do you know that?

The directions also state to drink the 1 serving throughout the day.

Mik
03-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed in the nutrition facts but...

Serving Size 5 Scoops
Servings Per Container 1

You must have to use a shovel to scoop this stuff out. :omg:

LOL! I just noticed that too.

ddegroff
03-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I like this:

Suggested Use: As a dietary food supplement mix one serving together with one gallon of whole milk and drink throughout the day. Small drinks are preferable and can be spread out over one to four days. Drink whenever you choose including 30 minutes before bedtime. You will find Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer to taste great, if water is preferred instead of milk. You may also mix in a blender with ice for a delicious frosty milkshake.

A whole gallon of milk for one serving. wow...

Hamsquire
03-16-2006, 11:56 AM
How do you know that?

The directions also state to drink the 1 serving throughout the day.

I've read a number of times that the body can assimilate only around 40 grams or so of protein in one meal (obviously there will be individual differences here). Even if this estimate is conservative, I'd bet that the majority of 292 grams would be wasted if consumed at once.

As far as the directions are concerned, it's just bull**** marketing. Why would they state in the first place that one serving contains all those calories, and then contradict themselves by directing the user to split it up over the day? Which is it, one serving or five? By that logic, my 77 serving tub of ON protein contains one serving with 1848 grams of protein (not including the 5 gallons of milk or so I'd need for my shake :D)

superhombre2k
03-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow, $23 for ONE serving. If I ever have money to waste, I'll pick that stuff up and mix it up like it says and just drink that for the day. I'd have to mix in a whole can of BeneFiber though so my **** isn't liquid.

Or maybe I wouldn't.

Slim Schaedle
03-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I've read a number of times that the body can assimilate only around 40 grams or so of protein in one meal (obviously there will be individual differences here). Even if this estimate is conservative, I'd bet that the majority of 292 grams would be wasted if consumed at once.

As far as the directions are concerned, it's just bull**** marketing. Why would they state in the first place that one serving contains all those calories, and then contradict themselves by directing the user to split it up over the day? Which is it, one serving or five? By that logic, my 77 serving tub of ON protein contains one serving with 1848 grams of protein (not including the 5 gallons of milk or so I'd need for my shake :D)
What you read is wrong.

As far as the serving size, etc. It's not that big of a deal. But it's not a very good products in terms of price/economical value, and explanation or description.

Spartan936
03-16-2006, 12:30 PM
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oats
4 scoops whey
3-4 cups of Whole Milk

This is my weightgainer. Measurements are rough. I'm guessing around 1800 calories. Sometimes I can down it all at once. :alcoholic

Hamsquire
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=Slim Schaedle]What you read is wrong.

Well, I can't vouch for the quality of the information. Perhaps you can point me in the direction of some empirical evidence.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Buy cookies and cream cyto weight gainer.

Best damned stuff i've ever bought. I gained 10 pounds in 5 weeks. Believe it or not i dont think i gained ONE POUND of fat. Great stuff and its the best tasting to. I always used mirrors as my progress tracker and after that 10 pounds i gained i could see my abs even better then i could before i gained all that weight. I cant wait to see what they look like after my cut.

I think they have alot of different flavors, just remember to lift hard no matter what weight gainer you take or alot of it will be fat.

-jordan

P.S. The only time i'd buy that product would be if i wanted a very expensive coin jar. Aside from that the product looks like a total rip off. (the russian stuff not my precious cyto!)

russianwol
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey I think Lada is a decent car compared to Zhaporozhets. ;)

brickt.
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM

Best damned stuff i've ever bought. I gained 10 pounds in 5 weeks. Believe it or not i dont think i gained ONE POUND of fat.

If you gained 10 lbs of body tissue in 5 weeks, atleast 4-5 of it was fat, my friend.

In reality, you probably gained 4-5lbs water weight, 3-4lbs muscle, 0-1lbs fat.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 05:21 PM
If you gained 10 lbs of body tissue in 5 weeks, atleast 4-5 of it was fat, my friend.

In reality, you probably gained 4-5lbs water weight, 3-4lbs muscle, 0-1lbs fat.

Its not really hard to gain that much weight and have most of it be muscle as long as your workouts are intense and your diet is up to speed. Theres a sticky in this forum to gain 15 pounds of muscle in four weeks.

I'd say i gained less water weight, more fat weight, and more muscle weight. To me the scale dosent really matter. As i said i go off looks.

-jordan

brickt.
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Its not really hard to gain that much weight and have most of it be muscle as long as your workouts are intense and your diet is up to speed. Theres a sticky in this forum to gain 15 pounds of muscle in four weeks.

Here are three simple questions to determine whether you gained 10lbs of muscle in a month.

Q. Are you a genetic freak?
A. Nope.

Q. Were you doing a AAS cycle?
A. I hope not.

Q. Were the stars aligned in perfect fashion to somehow make your protein synthesis rates and testosterone levels skyrocket?
A. I don't think so.

Truth is, Jordan, you didn't gain 1kg (2.2lbs~) of muscle a week, for 4 weeks.

EDIT:

I don't get this..

I gained 10 pounds in 5 weeks. Believe it or not i dont think i gained ONE POUND of fat.

Then you say...

I'd say i gained less water weight, more fat weight, and more muscle weight.

PoutineEh
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM

Best damned stuff i've ever bought. I gained 10 pounds in 5 weeks. Believe it or not i dont think i gained ONE POUND of fat. Great stuff and its the best tasting to. I always used mirrors as my progress tracker and after that 10 pounds i gained i could see my abs even better then i could before i gained all that weight. I cant wait to see what they look like after my cut.

I think they have alot of different flavors, just remember to lift hard no matter what weight gainer you take or alot of it will be fat.

-jordan

P.S. The only time i'd buy that product would be if i wanted a very expensive coin jar. Aside from that the product looks like a total rip off. (the russian stuff not my precious cyto!)

just ordered some rocky road cytogainer. will be here monday (a1nutritionproducts.com has it the cheapest i have seen it for the 6lbs.). plus since i order stuff from that website from time to time, i got $5 off my purchase which took care of shipping. i know i like the rocky road muscle milk better than the cookies and cream. cant wait.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Here are three simple questions to determine whether you gained 10lbs of muscle in a month.

Q. Are you a genetic freak?
A. Nope.

Q. Were you doing a AAS cycle?
A. I hope not.

Q. Were the stars aligned in perfect fashion to somehow make your protein synthesis rates and testosterone levels skyrocket?
A. I don't think so.

Truth is, Jordan, you didn't gain 1kg (2.2lbs~) of muscle a week, for 4 weeks.

EDIT:

I don't get this..

Then you say...

Im confused.

Its possible to gain 15 pounds in 4 weeks yet my 10 pounds in 5 is impossible?

I've gained that much in a month. It's nothing spectacular. Just lots of freaking food and hittin' the weights hard in the gym. There's no special formula. It's just food + weights + dedication + striving to always achieve more = gains.

-jordan

P.S. I was saying if anything i gained more muscle, more fat, and less water weight then you estimated.

P.P.S. For some reason you say 2.2 pounds a week? Im pretty sure 2 pounds X 5 weeks= 10 pounds. Of course i could be wrong.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
just ordered some rocky road cytogainer. will be here monday (a1nutritionproducts.com has it the cheapest i have seen it for the 6lbs.). plus since i order stuff from that website from time to time, i got $5 off my purchase which took care of shipping. i know i like the rocky road muscle milk better than the cookies and cream. cant wait.

Yea, i'd have to say the best thing about this stuff is the taste. Its like eating dessert everytime you drink it :)

-jordan

brickt.
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Im confused.

Its possible to gain 15 pounds in 4 weeks yet my 10 pounds in 5 is impossible?

Hell, it's possible to gain 30lbs of mass in 5 weeks, however, at the absolute MAX... MAYBE 8lbs of it would be muscle. And that's if your diet was PERFECT, your training was PERFECT, you were either new to lifting or had aswesome genetics + running a cycle. I don't think you truly understand protein synthesis, jordan.

P.P.S. For some reason you say 2.2 pounds a week? Im pretty sure 2 pounds X 5 weeks= 10 pounds. Of course i could be wrong.

You said you gained 10lbs of mass in 5 weeks. Fair call.
You then state that it was, to the best of your knowledge, all muscle.

Therefore you must have gained almost 1kg (almost 2.2lbs) of muscle a week.

Hence, I call bull****.

Slim Schaedle
03-16-2006, 10:59 PM
P.S. I was saying if anything i gained more muscle, more fat, and less water weight then you estimated.
Water weight is easier to gain than fat.

Jordanbcool
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Hell, it's possible to gain 30lbs of mass in 5 weeks, however, at the absolute MAX... MAYBE 8lbs of it would be muscle. And that's if your diet was PERFECT, your training was PERFECT, you were either new to lifting or had aswesome genetics + running a cycle. I don't think you truly understand protein synthesis, jordan.

You said you gained 10lbs of mass in 5 weeks. Fair call.
You then state that it was, to the best of your knowledge, all muscle.

Therefore you must have gained almost 1kg (almost 2.2lbs) of muscle a week.

Hence, I call bull****.

I really dont find it to be impossible at all. I read the sticky and it seems that alot of people disagree with the writer of that guide. Now personally i think gaining 15 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks is impossible, but i've seen many more "crazy" things in my short life so i'd never disagree with him publicly. I still think that the majority of (my) that was muscle. Was all of it muscle? Probably not. However i did a BF estimate and it did not go up before and after those 5 weeks. Yet my biceps, chest, quads, and abs got alot larger and defined. For instance. Before these 5 weeks i could barely see my top abs. Now i can flex them and clearly see them. I know your still skeptical, but if you consider that this is the first time in my life i've actually dieted while weight lifting its very much possible. I've also learned the correct form for dead lifts, and squats and since then i've been doing both of them regulary. Now though at the end of those 5 weeks, my results tapered off and pretty much stopped. This is why i had to start my cut earlier then i thought. I dont expect to see these types of gains next bulk, but i'll try my hardest. Maybe im full of it, but i just go off what i see in the mirror and if you could to i know you'd agree with me.

If your diet + workout + sleep= mass is all in order anything is possible.

-jordan

P.S. That was also the first time i started using creatine and consuming 4000 calories in one day of clean diet

Holto
03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Jordan:

Without measuring your body compostion you can only speculate. What you are claiming is difficult to impossible except for the absolute newbie. I'm not saying it didn't happen, what I'm saying is you don't have any idea what you gained other than knowing you did a good job gaining muscle. You will never know what you actually gained. If you are happy move on.

Jordanbcool
03-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Jordan:

Without measuring your body compostion you can only speculate. What you are claiming is difficult to impossible except for the absolute newbie. I'm not saying it didn't happen, what I'm saying is you don't have any idea what you gained other than knowing you did a good job gaining muscle. You will never know what you actually gained. If you are happy move on.

Like i said, i go by what i see.

That being said, i am happy and i cant wait till this cut is over so i can start my bulk again.

-jordan

Holto
03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Like i said, i go by what i see.

That being said, i am happy and i cant wait till this cut is over so i can start my bulk again.

-jordan

Buy some calipers and then if you get results like this again you will be even happier. Happier after cutting and bulking.